[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

It's so heartwrenching to see a sobbing JH confessing to his dad that he'll be living a life in hell if anything were to happen to SR.:cold_sweat:

I'm sure his dad (I'm sure he still cant get over MH's death and he cant afford to lose his last remaining son) will be in a dilemna as to what he'll do next. He has to act very cautiously as JCK has the audacity to get a search warrant for SR at his house. His position is at stake and his family members' life will be in japody.:flushed:

Omo! The suspense is really heating up. Good thing we have the Kaesong ahjuma squad and JH's adorable ducklings to even out the agony.:blush:

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

Hello all! Finally decided to de-lurk after the wonderful wonderful episode 8.

I loved YWCFTS (fave drama ever) but couldn't finish LOTBS and the Producer, so I was having mixed feelings about the writer and this drama when it was announced. But I went in for Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin coz they looked so gorgeous :wub: together. 

As each episode progressed, I got more and more invested, then episode 8 came and I was thoroughly hooked. 

What I loved so far:

Spoiler

1. Emotional scenes between the leads.

There was not much dialogue, but less is more in this situation and you can really feel the pain and depth in their acting

2. The 2nd leads are not stupid

GSJ: When he confronted SR about the situation, he was instilling rational thoughts to SR and I found myself agreeing to SJ as he nails the implications of her actions into SeRi's head. It's the truth and not because solely for selfish reasons

SD: I've seen some comments in this thread that dislikes SD. I personally like her personality as an independent woman as she really hasn't done anything wrong. I would have done exactly like what she did in her shoes. JH is her fiance, she likes him and she is protecting her love and him. Her going to the father is for better advise on how to handle the situation. Even if JH wasn't her love interest, she would have done so out of concern for a family friend considering the whole family would be axed if found guilty of harbouring a South Korean spy. 

3. SD's mum and her: 

Ditto to one of you who mentioned you loved the part when SD's mum held her hands and said all she was concerned was if SD is happy. It was such a tender and heart warming moment coming from the comical mum

4. Alternating between comedic and serious conversations

Need I say more, you laugh through tears in some of the scenes

5. Man Bok and his conscience

6. Gorgeous leads

What I didn't really like:

Spoiler

1. In some instances, I felt like SeRi's character was not consistent. She appears as a strong woman in South Korea but many times she seems to have lost that dominance in North Korea. I wished she was less of a helpless damsel in distress. I'm not sure if it was Son Ye Jin's interpretation of the role/acting/the script but with YWCFTS even though Jeon Ji Hyun was caught in a few damsel in distress moment (eg. Being saved by KSH multiple times), she still came across as someone with a strong and dominating personality, not so with Son Ye Jin. 

2. Loveline between the leads

I wished the plot would have been written differently to reflect a more mature and blossoming love between the leads. Here are two 30 something successful and rational man and woman who is willing to give up their lives (and for JH, his family's life) for each other over a 1-month encounter is a little unbelievable for this 30 something ahjumma? I wished RJH had continued to show his more subdued side of love and allow SR to go back to SK then find some ways to be reunited with her. 

3. Plot in North Korea

I hope we wrap things up in NK soon and see how the star-crossed lovers develop being apart from each other. Its fun and all, but I feel we have been teased of the "She's going home - She is nearly caught - She can't go home" loop without much plot development. 

Here are my 2 cents. And yes, got my hubby to watch it with me and he is very aware of how I've gone cray-cray over the show! 

• Like 11

@sussieh said: I think that those are more like tears of pain since he is enormously worried about her safety at the moment.

--- Yes comrade... well said! it's like we're watching ep 8 as if we can really emote with their feelings for each other...SR also worried about  JH's condition when she saw him at the GSJ  hideout telling him he shld be in the hospital bc of his condition, etc.

I know we all can't wait for the next ep & hoping the rating will be more than 12 this time :)

Spoiler

i just got this HB addiction that i just finished his movie Swindlers, he never ceased to amaze us! he can do action, drama - a versatile actor indeed!

@thanie yes i read they also filmed in Mongolia!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

I hope we wrap things up in NK soon and see how the star-crossed lovers develop being apart from each other. Its fun and all, but I feel we have been teased of the "She's going home - She is nearly caught - She can't go home" loop without much plot development. 

Rationally I agree with this..but emotionally, my heart still longs for more views of NK, of that little village, where Seri joins in the ahjummas' quarrels and the ducklings' banters.

k drama and the fictitious, romanticized north korea has converted me. I now prefer NK to SK. I need help :tounge_xd:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thanie said:

Is there really a Mongolia scene for CLOY? To my knowledge, CLOY is partly filmed in Mongolia (the train station)because it's impossible to shoot in North Korea. Simulated Scenes... I'm not really familiar with that. Lol, confusing :D You better check ... 

This is the same with Memories of the Alhambra last year. The drama was partly shoot in Spain, Slovenia and Budapest (Hungary). I known those facts from the get-go so when the drama was nearing its end, I got confused and disappointed because I thought, the Hungary and Slovenia scenes were intentionally cut :joy:

I was expecting more from Mongolia than the train station scene:lol: I remember there's an interview where HB & SYJ were asked memorable scenes they filmed, and HB said mentioned the scenes shot in Mongolia, but don't want to give too much away so he stop there, then SYJ replied "I also loved the emotional aspect of the scenes shot in Mongolia......" Maybe I'm just taking it too literally:lol::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: I need to trust the editing/director team more:lol:

I did not watch Memories of Alhambra, mermaid-human (watch only a few episodes), alien-superstar (only clips of it), I'm really not into fantasy themes :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: Sorry, can't relate much... :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

i think the campfire scene when their train was having power down was shot in Mongolia. They want a vast greenery for the scene and Mongolia is the best country to have it (as they can't film in NK). 

Maybe there will be other 'Mongolian' scene but i guess the two important scenes shot in Mongolia is the train station scene and the campfire scens. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sussieh said:

I know! I totally understand your feeling!

Hahaha You made me want to listen to that song! And now I have been listening to it repeatedly LOL

wow I cannot get over it. 

Lost the count of how many times I have rewatched ep 8 ending scene :joy:. Torturing myself rewatching that heartbreaking scene. And it’s only Monday! 

They say misery loves company but please believe me when I say I didn't mean it.:)

Sounds not nice but raping the replay button is the way to survive until the next episode. They gave us no choice!;)

12 hours ago, sussieh said:

In my opinion, SR was caught by JH dad’s men. Maybe JH’s dad is hiding her but decides to tell his son her whereabouts after his confession (his dad will see how much his son is in love with SR and the importance that JH sees that SR is fine with his own eyes, if not he may do something more dangerous) 

JH 's dad is the lesser evil and I am hoping, too, that it was him who got YSR.:)

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

YT Video Title: Hyun Bin (heart) Son Ye Jin, Did jealousy lead them to fall totally in love?!

Video Title: The Jealousy of People Who Don’t Know Jealousy (me: Title means that it’s the jealousy of people who have never been jealous before and so don’t even realize that they are being jealous.)

That video! It captured my fave facial expressions and scenes. It's love.

BTW, I like SYJ since Personal Taste and my fave leading man for her was Jung Woo Sung but now it's HB. They have great rapport!:)

8 hours ago, Loveumore said:

Hope their friendship would go deeper and deeper and become as one:wub:

It's hard not to wish the same given that they have amazing chemistry. It's like shooting at the moon but I don't mind.:)

• Like 7

Hello everyone! I just join this forum, and I would like to ask if anyone know the song played in this drama beside 4 release-soundtracks (by 10cm, yoon mirae, davichi and yerin baek). I found the part of the song on soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/vanh-vanh-10958545/ost-crash-landing-on-you?in=chabibah/sets/crash-landing-on-you-ost)

Thanks

• Like 3

4 more days to Sat. I used to look forward to weekend due as is off day from work but now i look forward to weekend bcos of CLOY! :D

i wonder will there be South Korea part as the north koreans i suppose are not able to cross over?  I wonder will SR sent gifts to them when she returns as all of them treat her so well. 

• Like 3

Just a random note but during the scene where JH finally finds SR in the hide out and she’s trying to convince him to leave her, I love that he is giving her that wistful stare that she always jokes around with him about. This time she couldn’t joke around though but her eyes said it all. 

Not sure how I’m going to survive another two week gap between episodes when one week is already hard! I’ll just have to go rewatch all my fav scenes instead lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@thanie yes i read they also filmed in Mongolia!

Scenes filmed in Mongolia are simulated as North Korea since they cannot film a scene in NK. 

4 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I rhink the campfire scene when their train was having power down was shot in Mongolia... 

You got it right 

4 hours ago, Winny said:

did not watch Memories of Alhambra, mermaid-human (watch only a few episodes), alien-superstar (only clips of it), I'm really not into fantasy themes :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: Sorry, can't relate much... :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Give it a try. It's good... 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:
  Hide contents

i just got this HB addiction that i just finished his movie Swindlers, he never ceased to amaze us! he can do action, drama - a versatile actor indeed!

Hahaha welcome to the club... :love: for me he has the whole package, charns, looks and talented (common! With CLOY I even discovered that he plays piano! :heart:).  HB has been my long time k-drama crush hahaha... and those dimples when he smiles... :blush:

• Like 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, margerytka said:

I can listen to it forever

Ditto :heart: it’s a beautiful song. Each time I hear it, it makes me sigh. Once they officially release it, I will definitely add it to my playlist.

Ey,  after her heartbreaking “open” confession, I have been imagining their first reunion... a beautiful and full of emotions encounter with a hug and deep kiss. Please writer-nim and director-nim... give us a kiss to survive 2 weeks waiting  :relaxed:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Not sure how I’m going to survive another two week gap between episodes when one week is already hard! I’ll just have to go rewatch all my fav scenes instead lol

Sorry what do you mean by another two week gap? Is CLOY not gonna air again this week?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Sorry what do you mean by another two week gap? Is CLOY not gonna air again this week?

We will have ep 9& 10 this week, but ep 11 will be airing until Sat. Feb 1 (because of their new year celebrations, I think)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3