[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

created this when I saw the teaser before Ep 1 was aired. Not sure whether anybody has posted my strips here before but since I will here reading all the insights, translations and swooning  , this is my contribution to this thread . 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Does any one know this piece of music starting at 0:42? It's been haunting me for the last 2 days. It portrays the struggle of these two to find their way back to each other, and sets the serious tone for the ending of episode 7 and ending of episode 8. The swift change from happy moments to serious moments just breaks my heart.

• Like 2

I love this drama and I can't wait for the next episode. I'm pathetic right now because waiting is not one of my many talents. Please don't take my words literally. :tounge_wink: But of course the most pitiful and pathetic soul is the tattletale, the rat as they call in this drama, especially because the act is done unwillingly. He is in a damn-if-you-and-damn-if-you-don't situation. The actor's performance is so good. Most of his scenes are gut wrenching but he portrays them very well. I shed a tear when he and his wife were talking in Ep 8.

LlXuBW1.png

This is over the top but credit goes to the producers of this drama for coming up with a lovely series, to Netflix because that's where I screenshot this scene and to Imgur for hosting it.

Oh, to have such life. :heartbreak: I'm being too dramatic and I apologize for letting myself be carried away by my emotions, i don't know but for some reason I am in the mood to be one today. :lol: Seriously, I don't want them to be a "collateral damage" at the end, I want a happy and safe ending for them, just like RJH and YSR. :smile:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Brokenwings said:

Can you create gifs of the scene where SR told JH that he is a forever-single type, I like JH's expression so much :D:D

hahaha i think he is forever-single type cos he is oblivious to the obvious hints from ahjummas and women in the military village.. :lol: then came this SR crash landing right into his embrace on their formal first meeting :mrgreen: ok not really an embrace.. he had both hands stretched outwards :tounge_wink:

sorry comrades, i’ve been trying to read all the pages of funny and insightful posts but still busy with chinese new year preps.. lets hope the casts and tvn will have some Seollal holiday greetings and IG updates for us :heart:

and finally, THE RING IS SO EXPENSIVE!!! haha now i wonder which is worth more, this or chopard watch..

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Wednesday here in Australia! Halfway through the week so slightly closer to the weekend. This drama is giving me all kinds of feels haha

I was rewatching last night and couldn’t stop laughing at the scene where SR is rewarding JH’s team before her first attempt to go back to SK. So funny how she gave the handsome soldier (sorry I should know his name but he’s just handsome soldier in my mind lol) a reward for being the most handsome one in the room :joy: JH wasn’t impressed at all :joy: he was already growing feelings for her way back! I think it’s really sweet that SR was also the one giving JH lovey dovey eyes first earlier on. Her feelings have really grown for him for not only being incredibly handsome and dreamy but just because she could see that he was a genuinely kind, caring and respectable person.

Can’t wait for episode 9!!!

P.s. thanks to everyone who’s constantly sharing videos, gifs, pictures etc. Awesome coming in here for updates and posts to help pass the time! :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

3 more days. Counting down patiently. Whenever i finished Sat episode, i will feel relieve that I can watch again the next episode tomorrow. But after the Sun, episode, will so emo that i need to wait a week for it! 
After epi 10 this coming sunday, we need wait 2 weeks! Omg :bawling:

• Like 4

Watched the bts that Hyun Bin practiced the song in Switzerland. So I just browsed YT and found some clips of him playing various songs in fan meeting like 9 years ago. Never knew that he plays piano so good until I saw the bts and these clips. Wow! He’s really multi talents. 

I also like RJH expression when SeRi asked his first love. Soooo funny!! I think we know already who is his first love. 

Talking about SeRi’s family in SK. I especially don’t like the sisters in law. One is too much, another one seems okay but turns out so vicious (agreeing to make SeRi stays in NK and never come back to SK). 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Wednesday here in Australia! Halfway through the week so slightly closer to the weekend. This drama is giving me all kinds of feels haha

I was rewatching last night and couldn’t stop laughing at the scene where SR is rewarding JH’s team before her first attempt to go back to SK. So funny how she gave the handsome soldier (sorry I should know his name but he’s just handsome soldier in my mind lol) a reward for being the most handsome one in the room :joy: JH wasn’t impressed at all :joy: he was already growing feelings for her way back! I think it’s really sweet that SR was also the one giving JH lovey dovey eyes first earlier on. Her feelings have really grown for him for not only being incredibly handsome and dreamy but just because she could see that he was a genuinely kind, caring and respectable person.

Can’t wait for episode 9!!!

P.s. thanks to everyone who’s constantly sharing videos, gifs, pictures etc. Awesome coming in here for updates and posts to help pass the time! :D

yes yes me too wed in Australiaa and re watching again from 1 to 8 heheh cannot wait for sunday!! :D

when do you think RJH starts liking SR?? 

I am so scared of a bad ending :(:(:( Please dont give separate them and make them meet together at the last episode. and then END there!!! I really hate endings when they just make you guess  what happpens?? I need them to be together !!! But I don't see how the writer is going to be able to do that. RJH will not leave NK cos of his family. doesnt make sense for seri to live in NK too. i hate to think that they will end it with them meeting again after a time skip in switzerland and end it.. tell me guys what do you think ????

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I can't believe this drama is actually making me de-lurk.

Some random thoughts:

1. I really can't imagine how they could end this happily. The only way may be for both of them to re-locate to Switzerland. With what she has gone through and learning what makes her happy, Se-Ri would probably be ready to leave South Korea and her business behind. It will be more difficult for RJH. One way could be that what they find out about the CCK, the watch and how his antique-trading implicates the NK establishment (eg, paying for their apartments) makes him such a liability but they can't kill him because the information is public. So the only thing they can do is to ship him quietly off to Switzerland.

2. I don't think RJH or YSR believe at this stage that they could be together in the long term. Politically impossible. I know some other members have suggested that YSR's chasing after him in the car shows that she changed her mind and wanted to stay with him. She only wanted to make sure that he didn't freeze to death in the snow. And RJH knew that even if she left the house with him, what he needed to do was to get her out of NK.

3. At this stage, the way for YSR to protect RJH is NOT to accept his help to escape. SJ's analysis of the situation was true - if RJH helped her to successfully leave, RJH's life would be in danger. Eg, we know that if she had boarded the plane for the competition, but then disappeared from the delegation, RJH would face consequences. His father already warned him that he had no intention of protecting him.

4. The choice of Switzerland as where they met is not random. Switzerland as a neutral location for NK elites is not without precedent. The current NK leader Kim Jong-un is widely believed to be have spent two years in boarding school in Bern. Kim Il-Sung's son (ie, current NK leader's uncle) has been exiled as a diplomat to multiple Europeans countries.

5. Final thought - Has anyone noticed that the song "The Song You and I used to sing together" has two different versions? One sung by a male (used in Ep 3) and one sung by female (used in Ep 8)? I suppose this is supposed to suggest a RJH and a YSR version. All the OSTs have been so sad, that I hope it doesn't portend a sad ending.

Good thinking. I agree i really cant see how the writer is going to end it satisfactorily. My feeling is that they will do a MLFTS, half yearly meet ups at Switzerland or something lame. but i really hope there is no time skip or worse RJH somehow gets 'killed' getting seri back to SK, and she think's his dead or something and then somehow ends up meeting in Switzerland by chance after 5 years . i have a feeling its going to end at Switzerland from the intro.. that scene where both of them are standing beside the lake looking at each other. if that happens i will be like so pissed.,thoughts????

• Like 4

To be honest, the last two episodes were such downers--I got tired of the noble idiocy and lack of common sense in our female lead. I don't live remotely near North Korea like South Korean's and it seems I know more about the "do's and don'ts" that she does. 

Glad the father is finding out the truth and glad she bought his brother's watch. This will be the clue he needs to understand who killed his brother.

@Phoenix Klaw, I can see a happy ending. Thankfully, they showed that he's a gifted pianist who lived outside of North Korea (I didn't know that was possible unless you defected). I can see the two of them married. I think that's why we were shown how their life crossed paths several times around the world.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

My own prediction is Seri will only return to South Korea after everything is settled and resolved in North Korea which will almost be the end of the drama series. They will be separated with a time skip of a few years after which RJH’s father would have passed away and he will then leave the military and will either migrate or defect or gotten special permission or something to resume being a pianist in Switzerland. A good and happy ending will need to have RJH return to his past life as a pianist as his heart and soul is not in his current military life and he is clearly not living happily now. 

And Seri and RJH will meet again in Switzerland in that opening scene that we had seen. And then the end........

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

I wrote a not-so-little comment on CLOY on another website, a koala's playground. Thought it'd be nice to leave it here too (with addendums/ edits), since I'm bored lol.

Alot of the comments that are a "nay" for CLOY actually reflect the circumstances in the show-- "going nowhere", "going round in circles",  "slow": it is a reflection of North Korea.

Nobody there can get in or out, nobody there is very much privy to all the entertainment we have in our capitalist countries, most of them live a slow, mundane, hard life.

I would be frustrated and bored out of my ears living like that too. Can you sense the frustration and desperation of not being able to get out? And yet Seri manages to make the best of what she has, instead of sitting and whining around. She puts her faith and trust in soldiers who CAN kill her. She uses her charm offensive. She is both vulnerable and strong. This is not Seoul where she can get her way just by clout or connections. She is nobody; and literally nobody cares. But she made people care. It is her fortune she ran into the ducklings and JH (or destiny, if you so insist, Mr RI :D) I've lived in a comm. country for a good number of years, and you play all the games you can get, to stay alive/ get on a good side/ maintain being on the good side.

However, I think its important to remember: it is vastly different for an outsider looking on into a closed country and coming up with opinions on how the citizens should be like, vs living in a closed country with propaganda all your life. The writer has tried her best to convey that, but since NK is still closed, there is artistic license as well. In fact she said its more of a love story in an isolated place, which happens to be NK. Same goes for audiences. I personally think the humanistic portrayal of the North Koreans doesn't deviate too far from reality-- they do remind me of my friends who live in the comm country near it.

Regarding the cheese: I'm not saying there aren't cheesy scenes- gawd i nearly rolled my eyes when Hyun Bin's voiceover about "I will protect her as long as she's in my sight" while rolling down the fields in that motorbike came on my screen. But thank you writer-nim for the gorgeous cinematography that made up for it, haha. I think the 2 week break was good for the editing team-- I really enjoyed all the poignant bits, heavy with intention. It made me almost forget that the love story developed so very quickly over a month, ha.

But, to me the beauty of this drama isn't its dialogue; its the emoting and microexpressions of the cast that would be missed if you fast forwarded the drama or picked special scenes. Although someone brought to my attention that the episodes have been getting longer and longer.. Now I know why I was sleeping way past bedtime lol.

Tick tock tick tock. C'mon Saturday!

• Like 13
  • Love 8

now Seri kidnapped wouldn’t we need someone to negotiation with the kidnapper :joy: I think we need to send  best negotiation team out there :phew:

# we don’t back away from a negotiation but when we do , we do it with a style  :sweat_smile:

ezgif-7-cfc626d99254.gif

After hours of tense negotiations 

# congrats girl that was serious negotiation  , let’s go treat our  wrinkles   :mrgreen:

15790929641579092942.gif

• LOL 14
  • Awesome 1

On 1/14/2020 at 6:39 AM, hibiscus23 said:

Hide contents

i did some HB marathon last nite & not sure if u comrades hv seen some of his old projs and this one was I Am Happy his role as a mental patient really was v v convincing! goes to show how versatile he is! I'm about to watch his other old one titled Confidential Assignment where he played a NK officer meaning this CLOY role is not really his first acting as NK officer!

Spoiler

I love his acting in the movie I Am Happy too. He is a really versatile actor. I Am Happy was done before Secret Garden. It’s just that some of these aren’t as well known as his blockbuster KDramas like My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden. I have watched every single one of his project haha.. I love him as Dong Soo in Friends Our Legend too. Putting this in spoiler since it’s not related to the drama. Confidential Assignment is his highest grossing movie. 

He is going to shoot his upcoming movie Bargaining right after CLoY. I saw from the movie schedule that it’s going to be released in September this year. That’s really quite rushed coz movie production usually needs about one year of post shooting editing. Am looking forward to his movie with veteran actor Hwang Jeong Min.

..Talking about I Am Happy SYJ said in one of the Netflix promo clips that his real personality is most like the one in I Am Happy :blush: - haha..

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

10 hours ago, attriste said:

or we can go the mlfts way of a half and half, and do the “yearly family meetups at the dmz” with SeRi and her child.. but I would cry some buckets if that happened. :tears:

———

@kriswu dying at Pyo ChiSu potential shampoo PPL hahahah. His wrecked drunken hair post-blabbermouth was hilarious.

Noooooo I feel so sad thinking about the yearly family meetups. They don’t deserve this :tears: I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel like JH is gonna defect (or together with his family like what @stroppyse said), quit being a soldier and begin as a pianist again. You can see how attached he is to Seri now and I don’t think he can survive being separated with her. It might really end in Switzerland and they could live there peacefully. I also don’t mind Seri moving back to NK though.

Spoiler

But then I remember, filming in Switzerland began Aug 26. Don’t know when it ended but around Sept. 10, they were already spotted in Paju (near DMZ) so it was around 2 weeks of filming in Switzerland. Is that enough time to film everything + the finale, if ever happy ending will be in Swiss?^_^

Also, I saw people commenting that HB in suit while in Switzerland could be part of future episodes. I just really thought it was for the intro (the one they show in the beginning of every episode) :sweatingbullets: including the one where he’s wearing military uniform

He’s so hilarious lol Seri might send him packages of those shampoo and bodywash that he loves so much :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Everyday looking at forum, IG, FB hoping theres some news on the cast or they are spotted again by fans during filming. :D

Listening to the OST everyday too. 

A part of me wish that sat come fast but am so worried 16 episode will end soon. Hope the show can be extended. 16 is too short!

After this will definitely have to wait for sometime for Hyun Bin next show. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1