[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Just now, summersunshine19 said:

Gosh I always forget to comment about this because so many other squeal-worthy stuff suddenly happens... but Gunwoo is the most adorable child actor I have ever seen haha. And he is so talented, he sings, he dances, he drops to the floor hahaha

yeah me too! that kid is just suppperrrr adorable...! the way he sings and busted his dad for acting - oh that was priceless too...  wish our couple could borrow him one time for a day or two a the park... that would really be lovely!!! :wub:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, inna75 said:

I also like the fact that the Writer has manage to resolved most issues in the most uncomplicated manner. I was worried that the issues might get to tangled up to the point we will be frustrated but I was surprised how "simple" the solution was for this drama.

I also like that things get wrapped up without high drama and maturely. It's simple but it keeps things more interesting for me than say how Touch Your Heart did. That one seemed to lose steam because the conflict got nipped quickly, but this one is even more slice of life but it touches your heartstrings so much because it's a kind of love and relationship that everyone wants to have.

• Like 9

I don't have time for ep 12 subbed for another 7hrs or so and too freezing cold to get out of room to watch it.

Just wanted to say PMY is the only reason why I thought DM's saying I love you in ep 11 to be the most natural, genuine expression ever. And its not even to a man. Its to her mother. I actually repeated that scene. Wasn't she adorable? I thought she was adorable.

If I could package that sunshine that is her.

And another thing, it is actually traumatizing watching writers after writers making children abandoned when they are so old. Goodness. 7 years old. Ergh.

How many of you have early childhood memories? And there they are having all those school aged children be left by a parent. Fyi, current Korean law doesn't allow abandoned children to be adopted out. Only those whose parents sign relinquishment papers. 

Also, way to go given Ryan a token American name and as usual none of the adoptive parents ever call their child once they are in S Korea. And of course, they are always suddenly completely fluent in Korean.

Anyway.... back to the drama plot, I will go back to DM and RG now. For the life of me can't work out why Eun Gi and Da In are there for? And is the stylist doing that actress who is tall in padded shoulder clothing all the time? She is so lacking in chemistry she comes across as just limp. Is it the actress? 

And I am now convinced it is Christmas baubles. She probably left them around that time of the year and the children are forever left feeling sad. And that is truly an awful, awful looking series of paintings. So tacky it might as well a machine print item. Not oil paintings.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, sillygal said:

I wonder who gave the idea to DM that no man wud falls for a hardcore fangirl?

I think this is just something that a hardcore fangirl, especially an older one, feels because of the ridicule/jokes you hear from people nearby. Like the mom thinks it's way past the time she gave that up, EG also ridicules it in his own way, the TV docu obv makes it into something scandalous (fans of idol groups are called basooni and it's an insulting term I think), her old boss also made it clear in the interview when she didn't hire the other one because she was a fan girl. So everyone around her has contributed to the idea in one way or another. Sure there are people who are accepting, but isn't it always the case that a sprinkle of negative makes a bit more of a splash in one's unconscious compared to the good things? It's a survival instinct to prepare for the worst.

I'm also a big kpop fan and have been since before my 20s (I'm 28 now)... but no one in my work, graduate program, and only a very few friends are aware of this. Why? Well, because people think it's ridiculous when someone is so passionate about a stranger and before you can even share this trait of yours you already hear a joke about the whole thing in a general sense. I'm quite good at my job and my graduate studies, people tend to think I'm very serious, and whenever they find out that I like kpop or even just when I mention watching a local soap opera, they say "oh that's so surprising! I thought you were the type who didn't waste time on dramas." And it truly feels as if there was judgment passed. My family knows that I'm a fangirl but I certainly do not watch the vids in front of them because they can sometimes say mean things without thinking (and the attachment is higher so if they say "this guy you are watching is ugly" it kind of hurts more than when I say "that actor in this show you are watching is so wooden"). But on my end, I really don't get why it's less acceptable than watching local daily soap operas or a series on Netflix.

6 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

And is the stylist doing that actress who is tall in padded shoulder clothing all the time? She is so lacking in chemistry she comes across as just limp

Kind of agree on Da In's styling. I saw this actress in The Liar and His Lover but I had to think about whether it was her because she looks a lot bigger in this one... I think... maybe they're trying to make her look older? She's 24 in real life I think. In that drama, well she was very green there too.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I haven't seen tonight's episode, but last night's episode was really insightful.

I love DM and Ryan, they are just so cute, protective and respectful of each other. The final scene of her intuitively knowing that something was wrong and then giving him the freedom to cry was just so precious.

I know I am wrong for this, but I laughed until I almost cried at EG confessing to DM last minute in his Easter suit, then having to stand there in the same Easter suit and watch her be whisked off by her boyfriend Ryan after he coolly let her know that he knew about her fan site and doesn't care.

In regards to DM not wanting RG to find out and even her friend being upset at her husband, I think this is about ageism in k-pop. In Korea, specifically in regards to k-pop, there is this idea that you have to be under a certain age to really enjoy it. Once you are a certain age, now you are too old to be into the genre and definitely too old to be a fangirl/fanboy. I think DM was ashamed of being over 30 and being a fangirl. I think her friend was proud of it because it helped her hold on to her identity even though she was now a wife and a mother. Her husband doing this expose show [more so about sasaengs] is encroaching on something that is a big part of her identity and making it out to be a bad thing. So, I get why she is angry. She feels judged and pitied, and to a degree, she's right. Her husband is judging her because his own male pride was stung by the fact that his wife still held on to this life. He never took the time to just see that it makes her happy, the way that Ryan did DM. 

One of my favorite moments was when Ryan was at DM's house and he saw all of her CSA memorabilia. He decided to be DM's fanboy. She told him that to be a fanboy/fangirl there is no touching, you just support and admire that person from afar. As a fan of k-pop myself, that healthy definition was heart warming. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 4

KJW expression. Who's not gonna melt with that cute smile? Neoumu Kyeoupta :wub:

How do he lifting his eyebrows, making him look more cuter :wub:

Remember BTS for ep 4. It was so cute to remember how is his interaction with kid actor. A super loveable man RG or I can say KJW :heart:

• Like 11

When DM searched for R's name in the missing child sheet I became curious how the answer would be when she used her own name. I dunno why but it would be such a great twist when she was the lost child who got adopted later and R was traumatized by loosing her and her mom. SA's mom doesn't looked like she would heartless abandom her own child. Probably she was volunteering at his orphanage. :phew:

Okay, probably too twisted for a K-Drama but I would love to watch a Drama like that. :D

• Like 5

I just finished watching HPL with subs but I got upset.

Lee Sol (as we know her) and we are now aware that Sian & RG are brothers(I hope). 

For some reason, I got upset and jealous on behalf of RG. 

LS was all Gooey & motherly to Sian but she Left RG at the orphanage. I don't know what the reason is but "I am sorry" wouldn't make me forgive her.

How will she pay the price for abandoning him?

LS missed over 30years of his life. She has no clue who he is & how he grew up. Did she even bother to look for him?

How is the reality going to be better when he realizes that his momma raised a superstar with so much love and just "threw" RG away?

Sian got the life and love from her (don't get me wrong. I love Sian. He's a good kid and I'm excited for him to know he has a big brother) and RG had to make something of himself.

LS left a deep wound in RG heart that has tormented him for years. A simple sorry won't do or wipe it away. Yes, he can forgive but to me, that's not enough (I really dunno what will justify her actions). The writer better give us a solid reason to why she left RG.

Anyway, I am excited to see the bromance between Sian & RG.:)

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

I just finished watching HPL with subs but I got upset.

Lee Sol (as we know her) and we are now aware that Sian & RG are brothers(I hope). 

For some reason, I got upset and jealous on behalf of RG. 

LS was all Gooey & motherly for Sian bit she Left RG at the orphanage. I don't know what the reason it but "I am sorry" wouldn't make me forgive her.

How will she pay the price for abandoning him?

LS missed over 30years of his life. She has no clue who he is & how he grew up. Did she even bother to look for him?

How is the reality going to be better when he realizes that his momma raised a superstar with so much love and just "threw" RG away?

Sian got the life and love from her (don't get me wrong. I love Sian. He's a good kid and I'm excited for him to know he has a big brother) and RG had to make something of himself.

LS left a deep wound in RG heart that has tormented him for years. A simple sorry won't do or wipe it away. Yes, he can forgive but to me, that's not enough (I really dunno what will justify her actions). The writer better give us a solid reason to why she left RG.

Anyway, I am excited to see the bromance between Sian & RG.:)

im going to watch ep12 with subs today i have different thought from you but maybe it will be change after watching tonights ep... kinda confuse a little with that mother thing... 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Translated Knetz comments on episode 12 by Melohwa:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/05/her-private-life-ep-12-spoilers-park.html

Not too many hilarious comments, more on the plot and a couple asking why the ratings are low.

Some are making the same speculations about RG and DM's mum and even DM, which someone hypothesised in this forum. :P 

Well one more week to go before we find out. Hwaiting... 

• Like 4

To me PMY’s character is especially radiantly in love in this. The smiling expressions on her face when she looks at Ryan sometimes seem like it’s the first time I’ve seen those expressions from her. Yet I’ve seen her in other equally enjoyable romances. I’m really enjoying her, Ryan and all the supporting characters. Even Cindy has grown on me. ^_^

• Like 14

Whoa! DM is brilliant in this episode especially the hands drawing. Brilliant!! This is what I was looking for. Damn the  obligatory scene for childish drinks and vacuum cleaner PPL in ep11. (Yes, after watching with subs, I still feel the 2 scenes are so awkwardly wedged in.) 

I predicted SA is still in contact with his mom, LeeSol. That’s why SA knows there are 9 drawings in total. She came to Korea to participate in the exhibition, as proposed by SA in earlier episode. Most probably they are using the art piece to reconnect with the abandoned boy. If it pans out to be true, i’ll be almost as proud as when I predicted the thumb kiss. Muahahhahah.

ooh! Now I now why I was reminded of Sojisub ‘I’m sorry I love you’, SA is adopted by Leesol. Maybe. Hee....

• Like 5
  • Love 1

PMY really up her standard in the kissing scenes, much better than her previous WWWSK. Thought WWWSK was good chemi with PSJ in the kissing, but this HPL, you dun see awkwardness on the couple kisses, they looks so spontaneous, and as good as real couple.

• Like 22
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Translated Knetz comments on episode 12 by Melohwa:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/05/her-private-life-ep-12-spoilers-park.html

Not too many hilarious comments, more on the plot and a couple asking why the ratings are low.

Ratings only reflect TV viewing. 

Most ppl stream online. They should hv counted online viewing, too. 

I remember during Oh Haeyoung drama, there was two viewership count: TV and online. I wonder why there isn't now... 

• Like 5

Even the rating isn’t that spectacular, but HPL tops most buzzworthy list for 2 weeks and its leads taken 1st and 2nd places for 2 weeks. It really shows how popular the drama despite the rating. Agree, they should’ve counted the online viewers too.

And.. looks like we won’t get any making video today. TvN just uploaded Abyss bts video, so I think HPL bts might be for tomorrow or Sunday. :bawling:

• Like 7

Finally finish bothe Ep 11 n Ep 12. Now I can talk about it here....

How do I want to survive the whole week without the preview???? 

tvN is cruel for living us in dark..

I hope nothing bad will happen to Ryan-Deokmi relationship. 

• Like 3