[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

As much as PMY is the super competent/Smart yet sweet and quirky Rom Com Queen it might do her career good to portray more complex characters in darker legal, Sageuk or thriller dramas. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, RobinM said:

As much as PMY is the super competent/Smart yet sweet and quirky Rom Com Queen it might do her career good to portray more complex characters in darker legal, Sageuk or thriller dramas. 

I can't blame her for taking on a second rom-com since she experienced a career resurgence with WWWSK. She's striking while the iron is hot so to speak.

She has done action (City Hunter, Healer); saeguk (Sungkyungkwan Scandal, 7-day Queen, Dr. Jin); Legal Drama (A New Leaf); Crime Thriller/Courtroom drama (Remember); Sports Drama (Glory Jane), and even a horror film (The Cat). 

I do hope she'll take on a non-romcom project next to change it up a bit.

• Like 11

Actually both of them have taken some diverse roles

I loved her in 7dq and thanks to kjw fans... Was introduced to antique...a lovely little film ..

Diverse as far as the k film industry can go...

Sadly as most industries go...it's the bottom line and I guess also what scripts come knocking on your door.

Think kjw has picked roles based on his interest.seeing his filmography...

For pmy....it may be that she being a big star...she may be sought for her romcom prowess...but she was so good in that tragic 7dq... the only k drama I rewatched from start to finish several times

• Like 6

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@YearwoodCbelow is an interview of KJW after the drama Voice and what he says at the ending paragraph tells how and what projects he chooses and why he chooses them. He details the challenges he had in acting Mon Tae Gue and what films he studied to get the right interpretation of the character. He also refers at the end of the article about the movie that was done in Japan... I think he was referring to "Butterfly Sleep" a May-December affair. The interview as a see it, shows how he really likes to portray interesting and challenging characters. I think you will like this interview as I did. 

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2018/11/688_226632.html

The Japanese movie he was referring to is Butterfly Sleep.

I like to see how much of the performance is the actor, how much was the character.

Wow!!! Fascinating actor, this KJW, not a hint of RG at all in that movie. It shows that every strut, every placement of his arm, even the extent of his smile were all orchestrated. 

Up to episode 11, even the smiles and laughs in bts are different from the promo interviews and videos.

Only in episode 12 then I see the laughs as KJW’s, not RG. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, 50okie said:

Rewatched the earlier episodes to clear out 2 doubts. 

1.  Is DM adopted ? 

- DM mom met EG Mom at the maternity ward, assuming they were in labour. Means not adopted.  

2. Is SA RG's half Brother ?

-  I initially didn't think so cos I thought (wrongly) they were only the most 4 years age gap. Turns out RG born 1987, SA 1997. 10 years difference.  RG was abandoned in 1993, SA born 4 years. 

- Other than DM, SJ (before knowing RG is DM's new director) thought RG looks like SA too. 

- Possible, but I still prefer the version where SA is adopted. 

I am so impressed with how the writer weaved in the clues subtly,  mostly in the characters' conversation. There are 3 unresolved  trails of bread crumbs:

1.  EG was ABANDONED not entrusted by his mom to DM's mom.   DM was surprised that EG knows that he was abandoned.  

2. DM's parents had a son that died before DM was born.  Instead of bearing another child/son, DM's mom raised some one else's child(ren).

3. DM has repressed memory at the orphanage . 

My whack theory :crazy:

The 2 moms made an effort to conceal the detail that EG has abandoned, thus concocted a story that they met at the maternity ward, EG Mom asked DM's mom to be the nanny.  Possible truth, DM's parents adopted EG at the orphanage, then EG mom found them and reconciled a few years later.  Which also means, DM could be adopted too! Adopted at the same time as EG. 

Some viewers mentioned the back of the lady's head looks like DM's mom... hmmm... I don't think so.  BUT if it's really DM's mom, it would be the day she got the 2 orphans DM and EG out of the orphanage, leaving poor Yoon Jae behind. Separating the friends.  :bawling:

Poor RG was abandoned twice!! Once by his bio mother Leesol, then by his childhood friend DM. 

4 more episodes to go! 

1) I was thinking if DM was adopted as well because in Episode 11 when DM got hit by her mom and she said:, "then why are you hitting me when you're not my mum"? Then it just strucked my mind with this possibility. Unless I am reading it too much when it's a hit of moment she said that. 

2) I think it's gonna be a high chance of Ryan and SiAn are half siblings. Even DM thought Ryan's sideview looks like SiAn during the auction in Shanghai. 

While typing this, I am still trying to crack my brain to think of the possibilities of how the story is gonna be. Too many possibilities. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 50okie said:

The Japanese movie he was referring to is Butterfly Sleep.

I like to see how much of the performance is the actor, how much was the character.

Wow!!! Fascinating actor, this KJW, not a hint of RG at all in that movie. It shows that every strut, every placement of his arm, even the extent of his smile were all orchestrated. 

Thank you for sharing this article! I have  been looking around for more stuff to read about KJW, was tired of reading the same Wikipedia article

• Like 5

@Ramenqueen19, ooh, article not shared by me. Go watch Butterfly Sleep. The directing and Japanese style need some getting used too, though. I often see , even good established actors like Jang Hyuk, So Ji Sub, i still see I part of the actors in the characters.

@sillygal , DM said so because her mom, out of anger said ‘I am not your mother’. I have ever used this phrase in my daughter too. 

Conversely, this statement dispelled (a bit) my suspicion that DM is adopted. An adopted parent would be more cautious to make such statement.

I studied the conversation in episode 1, where DM first said she is a fanatic because she is RAISED by fanatics. Then she said no DNA test required. I think DM knows she is adopted but pretended she didn’t know. 

HPL is adapted from manwha, I believe most of the secondary characters are diluted and compressed into this 16ep drama. Thus, any conversation or scene with the secondary characters must mean something. The granny scenes,  EG being abandoned, SA answering the call from his mom when RG saw his 2nd LeeSol painting...

• Like 5

tvn is so generous this time for the bts..they shown us 4:40 minutes of bts and all about uri couple... but i also wanna see the bts omma hit DM and RG come to rescue scene..must be hilarious too.. but i don't want to complain much because I'm so satisfied with ep 11-12 bts..full of adlib and sweet scenes that is more than we had seen in the actual drama..:lol:

My gosh KJW looks so hot in this scene :sweatingbullets:

frt94MA.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 10

How comfortable and laugh them in latest bts.. Make me smile and say wow because so happiness and profesionalism in front of people... 

Why I feel KJW so relax and happy.. His laughness in bts make me just want to look him.. How I become crazy like this:lol:... Oh my latest boyfriend..

• Like 4

That BTS! :wub: PMY was having way too much fun smearing the flour all over KJW's (gorgeous) face. And aww, KJW asking her if she was alright because her head hit his chin when they were play-wrestling. Hope someone can help with translations. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Does anyone know an uploader of all the past BTS with english subs? I know there's a lot of people who sub, but maybe one of you has a "trusted" and prolific source? I'm planning to download all of them to store and re-watch in the future, lol. 

Q5TaywS.png

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

@TheRoadtoPMY The Kdramaholic on Youtube has subbed all the behind the scenes videos; they split each video into two uploads though. But you can just put it in a playlist so that the second part plays right after the first. :)

Awesome thank you! Exactly what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

Now to wait for the English sub of the latest one. Our OTP looking natural and adorable as always! 

Edit: I think I have an HPL problem. I'm collecting any and all videos I have on the show. Lmao

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Gahhh the bts is so short though I know it's 4 mins! We can clearly see their oozing chemistry and their cute adlibs! Still not enough to make me survive til next wed though LOL

I felt like the 1st half of the drama was all about Deokmi and the 2nd half for Ryan which is all good for us at least they aren't just showing the problem of one's character like other dramas do. Hopefully everything will be resolved smoothly, the suspense is killing me but I love it!

• Like 3
  • Love 2