[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

This show has been showing pleasant conflict resolution... I'd expect angsty week next week regarding Ryan's past and his connection to both SiAn and DM mother... I only wish the show still maintains its way in dealing with conflicts.. No more breakups between couples and noble idiocy.. Only sitting down and talking about the issues... 

Like one of the soompiers mentioned above, idk if LeeSol issue can be resolved and whether she can be forgiven only by saying SORRY.. I won't.. But at least I think Ryan and SiAn will hv good relationships..even without their mother involved #YayforBromance

• Like 10

i have a feeling Si An knows that Ryan might be his long lost brother. Maybe that is the reason he reveal his hobby of collecting art. He is using his popularity to get in touch with Ryan Gold. ANd maybe that is the reason he already call him hyung and feel comfortable with him. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 3

Thanks to all the peopIe that did live recapping, you are all awesome and your efforts are greatly appreciated. 

I also think DM mother was the one that abandoned Ryan(the back and the voice of the woman in the dream sound like DM's mum), and since they mentioned the death of a brother ,its possible Ryan was part of the reason DM brother lost his life (probably through a child's play that went awry) which led to DM 's mother abandoning him and saying she is not his mother.

This guessing game is giving me headache all I want is for Ryan to be happy forever, with DM of course .

Dear writernim ,no unnecessary angst please ,else someone is gonna flip a table and come for you like Danearys did for kings landing:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Okay, can Lee Sol actually not be his mom at all? 

Just someone he saw? 

Too much to hope?

I get the feeling that the conflict in this drama is old fashioned but the way its handled is refreshing. 

I dont know what the laws are in Korea about leaving your children in orphanages and things and  if the reality is too far away. 

I mean, think about the plot lines apart from the romance and fangirl portions

Rich hero, hardworking yet not that well off heroine

Hero is her boss( as always)

Second leads try to stir trouble

Heroine gets attacked 

and now a childhood connection

this drama is old wine in new bottle, but what a fancy bottle.

I am here for the interactions and character because I love honestly and our couple's level of communication  is off the charts. 

Having a break up or fight might not suit context, 

If Lee Sol is RG's mom, then it might put DM off because oof her idol love connection

But lets cross the bridge when it comes

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi all! Silent lurker of soompi forums for a few years and have just decided to sign up and join the fun :)

I am quite curious (sorry if this has been answered in the previous pages), but what is the deal with Deok Mi's mom and dad? Why does it seem like the mom is belittling dad?

Enjoying all the gifs here! :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

thank you once again for the live recaps...! 

somehow i am thankful this drama isn't a daily one... otherwise, i wont get anything done for the entire morning (it is morning on my side of the world)! hahaha!

can't wait to watch the raw and subbed later tonight. 

will add more in the discussion later... but you guys definitely rock!!!

oh.. my something to look forward to... DM spending the night at RG's house...! 

and one last question: does anyone knows here if they'll be going back to NY together soon? i mean has there been any rumor about them flying to US to shoot? 

Just a thought...

xoxo!

p.s. 

just saw this from the links that @Sky8lue gave... so when we thought it was RG who wanted to take his shirt off.... think again! look closely where DM's hand is... that is seriously leading girl!!! :D

ctto

i love this scene sooo much. KJW is so sexy, his voice can melt me all the way and PMY is so cute and lovely with her pouting lips while talking. really sexy overload . am going to miss them soon.

Edited by LavelyShai
Quoted Image
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

My thoughts after watching today’s episode (really just my predictions, please go easy on me), I have a feeling DM was also raised in the orphanage and grew up with Ryan until she got adopted by her current parents. I’m pretty sure the scene in ep 11 where Ryan had the flashback of someone leaving him behind, it was DM’s mom’s voice in the background. Somehow she got involved in their childhood that the story hasn’t been revealed yet. I’m thinking could it be this time: Ryan’s childhood story unfolds and he finds out who his mom really is. DM is gonna be devastated finding out about her adoption, and Ryan is going to be the one that comforts her. This whole time we have only seen DM trying to motivate Ryan to overcome his fear and stay beside him. Maybe it will be him being by her side this time, and they both overcome their hardship/heartache together like two mature adults. 

I remember they emphasize the fact DM being a real daughter to her parents since they all have some kind of obsession. She said something like: “I’m definitely your daughter without a DNA test” in the first episode. And maybe the OB/GYN office was mentioned because her mom couldn’t have children and was trying to have one. 

To be honest, at this point of the drama, I don’t really think the writer is gonna make up a story where the two will have to break up for a stupid reason. The show so far has shown a different light than typical rom com dramas we have seen, so who knows... just my two cents here! I really can’t wait to see how they are going to unfold the story. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4

12 hours ago, Cara said:

Hi @Cara may I check with you that I only need to fill in Bluray1, name and email address for the survey? 

(I don’t have Daum ID and I can’t seem to figure out how to register for one). 

Thank you you very much :)

:wub: Thank you for the live recapping! I've finished watching ep 12 and even though there were no serious kissing scenes, i still love the development of the story.  I like it so much that there were no angst involved in spite of conflicts.  People in this drama are just like regular, normal people who sit down and talk when they have conflicts or problems.  No rumor mongering witch or villain that spreads nasty talks that cause rifts between the OTP.  I appreciate it so much that the writer and PD did not take down this path.  Our lead couple's relationship is so open, trusting and transparent.  Oh, that i could find a Ryan Gold, too! :lol: And I could be like Deok Mi who is so understanding and accepting. :P Thanks again chingus for the GIFs.  Keep them coming because we don't have any idea what's coming next week for our OTP.  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, minyyy said:

Hi @Cara may I check with you that I only need to fill in Bluray1, name and email address for the survey? 

I have screenshot One post back in some page. Forgot page number. She/he show him how to register Daum ID. I will share the photo of my screenshot via tweet. Sorry that I forgot who share that valuable information. https://twitter.com/khindurbinator/status/1129245374567215104?s=21

• Like 2

Deok-mi really came through in this episode. The Go-Stop, snuggly on the couch, holding his hand as he sleeps, hand drawing, cooking, and the comforting hug (his head on her shoulder) at the end... all the things she did to soothe the hurt Ryan is feeling... mad props! Really happy to see how sensitive she is to his moods, and how she cares for him in gentle, non-intrusive ways. That last bit where she comforts him and pulls him into her arms so he can rest his head on her shoulder is really lovely and moving. And I'm happy to see too that Ryan understands he can seek comfort from Deok-mi and be understood. He shared when he felt the need to, and she reciprocated. Kim Jae-wook nailed all those beautiful scenes, I love his nuanced portrayal of Ryan.

This relationship is so healthy and sexy it's truly beautiful (and a little unreal, ha). Really couple goals. Open communication, trust and love do that to you.

Also, keep those ad-libs coming! It's so obvious, during the Go-Stop for example, that Kim Jae-wook was struggling so hard not to laugh (and failing a bit, haha), and Park Min-young looked so mischievous. That really speaks to the actors' chemistry and their comfort level with each other. It's marvellous to watch.

• Like 23

Adding to the theory that DM might be adopted I am thinking that EG’s mum and DM’s mum did meet in the OB/GYN but rather than it being DM and EG it may have been DM’s brother, I recall her grandmother to her mum I think in episode 3? Saying you should have had another baby boy before DM and EG came in..

If that was the case, it may have been that DM’s brother passed away for some reason and DM was adopted as mentioned above it could have been because DMs mum may have struggled to conceive another child so they adopted DM who just saw happens to be EG’s and her brother’s age. 

Another theory can be is that DM’s mum may have met EG’s mum at OB/GYN when maybe EG’s mom was trying to have an abortion? Maybe DM’s mum convinced her to have her saying she will raise him instead when times come hard cos like someone mentioned above she may not have been able to conceive or struggling to do so. Maybe she then adopted DM later on raising the two together.

Her memory loss she seems to have may have been caused by an accident or fall of some sort which may tie into the really scary dream DM had when she was younger, mentioned in ep 12 to RG. 

I don’t think it was DM’s mum that abandoned RG, I could be wrong but it seems more likely it was his own mother since she also had the same hair style. Especially if she really did struggle to conceive. 

This will all be void if DM really is their daughter, then it probably ties into DM, RG & EG meeting at the orphanage when one of their mom’s were volunteering maybe. 

I saw that someone said that EG and RG might be brother but it doesn’t seem likely since they all are noted to be the same age according to the character profiles. But in this case anything is possible. One thing for sure though these three ladies are connected to the mystery without a doubt. 

I just really hope that the writer wraps every thing up nicely and give our OTP a beautiful ending:wub: 

• Like 5

Btw, after finishing the latest episode. I have a feeling Ryan wasn't abandoned purposely by his mother but maybe "lost" contact or "missing" in some ways that haven't been explain yet and it's obvious too that the one leave him in the orphanage wasn't his mother (maybe DM's mother, like some said here) but someone who "found" him without his mother and felt orphanage is the best place for him.

• Like 10

Great episodes... ok, did Ryan not wear any shirt in with his jacket on ep12 ending? and again, 'short' pants... :huh:

I think PMY really hit KJW hard at his apartment when he revealed he was Latte and then she really hit him hard when playing go-stop.... need to see the bts to see KJW's real reaction......

And KJW's ears were really red at the end of the ep12 scene... i wonder if there is a kiss scene after that (beginning of ep13?) haha... (and yes, why is his neck red when they were making the dough) ....

DM's mom is love - claiming all the stuff in DM's house as hers... :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

52 minutes ago, minyyy said:

Hi..i haven't had an account yet on Daum but gonna make one soon after being informed by @Khinqian how to make it :)

• Love 1