[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Yes @annie1234 he looks sooo good with that suit :wub: and DM also looks so pretty with that outfit..urghhh both looks like wearing couple outfit..

giphy.gif

Btw, I'm curious what does this mean in this scene?? Ryan asked DM to come near him? Are we gonna get a bed scene or a bad scene?? :phew: 

x6zZ5vG.gif

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

On 5/17/2019 at 8:14 PM, bliss1004 said:

Btw, I'm curious what does this mean in this scene?? Ryan asked DM to come near him? Are we gonna get a bed scene or a bad scene?? :phew: 

I think he wants a rematch of go-stop since he already learn how to play :D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. TQ
  • Like 4
  • LOL 16

Annyeong Chingus...another silent lurker here...I am so impressed by HPL. The way this drama handles different social issues, being in a relationship in such a mature, realistic and positive way is awe inspiring. STS to the max. A drama worth multiple rewatches, a drama that shows that communication and understanding of each other, appreciating each other, small things in life trumps everything else. It is a bummer that the TV viewership ratings are low. But it has definitely increased fandom especially for KJW. The man is so charming, PMY too is. The comfort level that all the actors have while filming can be felt through the drama. Glad that this drama was made and glad that KJW and PMY are part of this wonderful journey that they are taking us through!

• Like 12

So I waited for subs in this episode because my Korean isn’t good enough to pick up on subtleties.

(brief note, I’ve decided to call Ryan Yoon-Jae because I like the name and I’m reclaiming it for him. used 19 times hehehe)

I’m talking less about our main couple (so many people are writing so eloquently about them!) and more about: 1- Artists/Fangirling 2- Yoon-Jae hyung and our angel dongsaeng Si-an + Lee Sol 3- Mothers (of course all of my thinking could be wrong and there are so many amazing theories that will probably be right. xx)

A few other bits first:

—Firstly, I think they are doing a great job at setting up the last bit of conflict. I’m sure many of us were worried that our couple would have a road block but it looks like the conflict will be a combo of Lee Sol and Ryan/Yoon-Jae starting to paint again. 

—Urgh. Our second leads… more like second leads (sorry for the bad pun… lead as in the weight because they are weighing the story down). I’m glad that Da-in realises that the best thing she can do is let go of her feelings, they’ve been hinting at this since last week but YAY! good on you girl… Now hie thee back to NYC!!! (please let her just finish the art and get back on a plane, find a nice NY boy with a bad boy spirit who will make her feel loved). Eun-gi… boyo, I hope that your little tete-a-tete with Da-in made you realise that the gentlemanly thing to do is bow out… it might also be the only way to save your friendship with Deok-mi… and if you end up flying to NY with a misguided but not evil artist, then good on you. (luv u both, safe journey!)

—As for no preview. They might have done it because there isn’t enough down time in the next episode to create a meaningful preview without letting the cat out of the bag. By now it isn’t a mystery who Lee Sol is so they can best build our anticipation by not giving us anything to munch on. It is very, very clever marketing and will probably boost ratings for next week’s episodes. (ok this is moot now that it has been released… didn’t see until I finished… still I think they’ve built the anticipation enough for ratings to spike in next week’s episodes)... Also bed scene? Sadly elevator run-in is the night before because of Lee Sol's outfit 

Artists/Fangirling:

Remember how Deok-mi said that she painted with her left hand and that it taught her to have fun again? I think the hand-tracing is going to be a similar outlet for Yoon-Jae. Highlighting the idea that what you create doesn’t have to be perfect so long as you are creating—going back to their conversation on the sofa in episode (ooo can’t remember). There has been a nice thread about doing what you love throughout the show. Whether it is music, art, or most importantly fangirling. The show is exploring how people express their love through the creative process. I thought the conversation between Hyo-jin and Deok-mi was really apt. How we don’t *need* art to survive but it makes our world a better place. Remember photoshopping is an act of love and that is the heart of this show—expressing love in healthy ways. Even Hyo-jin has found purpose in creating goods/merch for the museum, something that goes beyond Si-an--she doesn't need to work but she has found people who rely on her and care about what she has to say. 

All of this is why I think that Seon-Yoo’s husband is going to propose a second part to his documentary that highlights all the positive aspects of being a fangirl. His musing that she looks prettiest when she is fangirling (reflecting of course the gold standard) gives me hope that this is the direction he is heading in. It would be a disservice not to given how the show has moved away from showing fan life and is choosing to focus instead on the interpersonal relationships. (side note: this is not a gripe but I wish that we had seen more of Deok-mi as a fan hanging out in her cafe or out shooting pictures, it feels like it was a gimmick now which I hope they will rectify in the last episodes). 

I don’t think we will see Yoon-Jae painting until the very end (and I really hope it is a portrait of Deok-mi). 

Brothers and Lee Sol:

HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE OUR LION AND OUR SI-AN!!! urgh their bromance kills me and I want more scenes with them… and more of Si-an teasing Yoon-Jae about Curator Noona!!!… I am also living for the moment that curator noona gets outed as Sinagil… I think it will be lovely and that Yoon-Jae will get jealous. 

As for abandoning Yoon-Jae, I think we can’t blame Lee Sol and then give editor-Nam a free pass. Of course, it is sad and heartbreaking that she left him at the orphanage, especially since he was 7 years old at the time. But when compared to what editor Nam did Eun-gi got lucky, very lucky, that mum and dad took him in and that editor Nam stuck around enough for him to know his own mother. We also have no evidence that Yoon-Jae had a miserable childhood when he moved to the States—yes he has the trauma of his past but doesn’t seem to have affected him until three years ago when he first saw the Lee Sol painting. I am not defending Lee Sol but we need to remember that despite everything Yoon-Jae is very emotionally un-constipated compared to 90% of drama leads who had the same circumstances.

Also, according to the relationship chart, our leads are all 33years old. Their mothers are all in their 50s—simple maths means that they could have been as young as 17 or as old as 26… so we are possibly looking at some very young mothers (editor Nam and Lee Sol). My guess is that the ‘reason’ will have to do with an abusive husband or that leaving Yoon-Jae at the orphanage was the safest thing to do. If you are a young single mother it can be scary—not just money but we could wonder if her family kicked her out. We won’t know until she tells us. In the abandonment scene she says that she isn’t his mother as a way to have him not follow her (rather than someone else saying it, imo). My guess is that she stopped painting after she abandoned him which is why she is so startled/upset that Si-an is collecting the paintings. She doesn’t want to remember a really painful part of her past—let’s be clear I think she regrets her decision. I doubt that Si-an suspects that hyung is his brother though. Just an immediate affinity which you can get for long lost family. (can I add that Lee Il-hwa is the perfect drama-mom). 

My wild theory is that Lee Sol is Yoon-Jae’s AUNT and that she was taking care of her sibling’s child but because she was so young it was difficult and she thought leaving him at an orphanage was better--the paintings are still a painful reminder of her past. He calls her mom because he that is what he knew her as. So we have a child’s memory playing tricks on him; he even says ‘maybe’ his mother at the end of the episode. Which would mean that Si-an and Yoon-Jae are cousins… It would also cover the ‘I am not your mother’ line. I like this theory but think they will stick with the normal long-lost, half-brother trope.

Also the idea that mum left Yoon-Jae seems *way* out of character for a woman who adopted a strangers child while still in hospital. And if she did then it would have been during the day and not in the middle of the night. I think her regret is that Yoon-jae disappeared and she doesn’t know what happened to him or Lee Sol… won’t the reunion of the mothers be interesting. Again I think we have some voice distortion going on to mask who Lee Sol is from us but also from Yoon-Jae. I will be beyond disappointed if they make her the reason Yoon-Jae doesn’t like holding hands

Finally, I don’t think that Deok-mi has a brother who died… rather the fourth child is a red herring so that we aren’t 100% certain at the beginning that they knew each other as kids. My reasoning is that 1-there has been no foreshadowing and 2-the picture in the house for the one year birthday is just Deok-mi and Eun-gi. Nor do I think that she was adopted—because of the first year birthday picture in their house and the emphasis on fanning running in the family. I love a birth secret as much as the next person but it feels out of character for things to be more complicated than they already are. 

Mothers:

The interesting thing that we haven’t really addressed is mothers and absentee fathers. All of the mothers in this show have complicated relationships with their children. Mum and DM have a loving if fraught relationship; Eun-gi and editor Nam; Hyo-jin and director Eom; Seon Yoo and Geon Woo; and finally Yoon-Jae and Lee Sol… Lee Sol seems to have a good relationship with Si-an though which is great. What we can see with all of these though is they are women who became mothers at a very young age (early twenties). Of course, there is a generational difference but that doesn’t mean that women in previous generations were automatically better at being young mothers. The only healthy mother-child relationship we have is Lee Sol (in her 50s) with Si-an who is ten years younger than Yoon-Jae—perhaps pointing out that deciding to have a child fosters a better relationship.

There is also the issue of unwed/single mothers. Editor Nam and Lee Sol (I’m making an assumption here) were single mothers and they couldn’t cut it. Meanwhile, Seon Yoo 1-got married because she was pregnant and 2-isn’t getting a divorce because she can’t/won’t be a single mother. Across the world, there is still a lot of stigma around single mothers. And Korea, which is a patriarchal society, is no different. All three of our single mothers were scared not just about the loss of their independence and identity but also how the world would perceive them. That does not mean that they loved their children any less—or that they didn’t feel guilty for not being a normal mother. We can criticise them for their actions but I think until you have walked a mile in another persons shoes you should give them the chance to explain themselves. We already know the other's reasoning so we now wait for Lee Sol.

Now the fathers. It is a bit unfair to say that Dad is absentee but he clearly finds it difficult to express himself emotionally and over the years his relationship with mum has deteriorated. Hyo-jin’s dad is a white collar criminal who probably only remembers her birthday because his secretary has already bought the card and signed his name for him. And Editor Nam and Lee Sol didn’t have the support of a loving marriage which caused them to abandon their children. Even Si-an’s father is not mentioned. This is an interesting reversal since traditionally we have absentee mothers (with a dash of evil stepmothers) and struggling fathers (every western fairytale you’ve ever read). 

In the end, the show will emphasise the traditional nuclear family (mother, father, kids) so it isn’t breaking new ground there, which is fine. But it has shown in a subtle way how difficult it is to be a single mother and how it traps women—some who then go to extremes by abandoning their child so that they can live their own lives. There is an interesting commentary here that is slowly unfurling very subtly and I commend the writer and director. I don’t think I will look back on this drama and think ‘wow it explored how scary it is to be a single mom’ but on rewatching (which I will be doing) it will definitely strike in much the same way mother-child relationships did in SWDBS.

Thanks for making it through this. I hope it wasn’t too much.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 13

Hi everyone! First time posting here after reading more than 20 pages over the past 48hrs. I like how many of you have critically analysed the plot and messages from this drama. I really love what @tinymel wrote. It felt like a film studies assignment. hehee. I totally agree your points especially on mothers. The stigma on single mothers is really bad depending on the culture you grow in. This is especially so for unmarried single mothers in many asian countries. There are stereotypes associated to unmarried single mothers such as immature and loose women. :(  

Anyway, I believe the nuclear family is highly regarded in many communities and this is why unmarried single mothers without their partners doesnt fit in this template. 

So although this drama doesnt explore this topic in detail, it shed some light and glimpses on the sentiments and perceptions people have on single mothers. :) That's why I love this drama. So many interesting points and issues raised over the past 12 episodes. Cant wait for more.

Spoiler
30 minutes ago, tinymel said:

So I waited for subs in this episode because my Korean isn’t good enough to pick up on subtleties.

(brief note, I’ve decided to call Ryan Yoon-Jae because I like the name and I’m reclaiming it for him. used 19 times hehehe)

I’m talking less about our main couple (so many people are writing so eloquently about them!) and more about: 1- Artists/Fangirling 2- Yoon-Jae hyung and our angel dongsaeng Si-an + Lee Sol 3- Mothers (of course all of my thinking could be wrong and there are so many amazing theories that will probably be right. xx)

A few other bits first:

—Firstly, I think they are doing a great job at setting up the last bit of conflict. I’m sure many of us were worried that our couple would have a road block but it looks like the conflict will be a combo of Lee Sol and Ryan/Yoon-Jae starting to paint again. 

—Urgh. Our second leads… more like second leads (sorry for the bad pun… lead as in the weight because they are weighing the story down). I’m glad that Da-in realises that the best thing she can do is let go of her feelings, they’ve been hinting at this since last week but YAY! good on you girl… Now hie thee back to NYC!!! (please let her just finish the art and get back on a plane, find a nice NY boy with a bad boy spirit who will make her feel loved). Eun-gi… boyo, I hope that your little tete-a-tete with Da-in made you realise that the gentlemanly thing to do is bow out… it might also be the only way to save your friendship with Deok-mi… and if you end up flying to NY with a misguided but not evil artist, then good on you. (luv u both, safe journey!)

—As for no preview. They might have done it because there isn’t enough down time in the next episode to create a meaningful preview without letting the cat out of the bag. By now it isn’t a mystery who Lee Sol is so they can best build our anticipation by not giving us anything to munch on. It is very, very clever marketing and will probably boost ratings for next week’s episodes. (ok this is moot now that it has been released… didn’t see until I finished… still I think they’ve built the anticipation enough for ratings to spike in next week’s episodes)... Also bed scene? Sadly elevator run-in is the night before because of Lee Sol's outfit 

Artists/Fangirling:

Remember how Deok-mi said that she painted with her left hand and that it taught her to have fun again? I think the hand-tracing is going to be a similar outlet for Yoon-Jae. Highlighting the idea that what you create doesn’t have to be perfect so long as you are creating—going back to their conversation on the sofa in episode (ooo can’t remember). There has been a nice thread about doing what you love throughout the show. Whether it is music, art, or most importantly fangirling. The show is exploring how people express their love through the creative process. I thought the conversation between Hyo-jin and Deok-mi was really apt. How we don’t *need* art to survive but it makes our world a better place. Remember photoshopping is an act of love and that is the heart of this show—expressing love in healthy ways. Even Hyo-jin has found purpose in creating goods/merch for the museum, something that goes beyond Si-an--she doesn't need to work but she has found people who rely on her and care about what she has to say. 

All of this is why I think that Seon-Yoo’s husband is going to propose a second part to his documentary that highlights all the positive aspects of being a fangirl. His musing that she looks prettiest when she is fangirling (reflecting of course the gold standard) gives me hope that this is the direction he is heading in. It would be a disservice not to given how the show has moved away from showing fan life and is choosing to focus instead on the interpersonal relationships. (side note: this is not a gripe but I wish that we had seen more of Deok-mi as a fan hanging out in her cafe or out shooting pictures, it feels like it was a gimmick now which I hope they will rectify in the last episodes). 

I don’t think we will see Yoon-Jae painting until the very end (and I really hope it is a portrait of Deok-mi). 

Brothers and Lee Sol:

HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE OUR LION AND OUR SI-AN!!! urgh their bromance kills me and I want more scenes with them… and more of Si-an teasing Yoon-Jae about Curator Noona!!!… I am also living for the moment that curator noona gets outed as Sinagil… I think it will be lovely and that Yoon-Jae will get jealous. 

As for abandoning Yoon-Jae, I think we can’t blame Lee Sol and then give editor-Nam a free pass. Of course, it is sad and heartbreaking that she left him at the orphanage, especially since he was 7 years old at the time. But when compared to what editor Nam did Eun-gi got lucky, very lucky, that mum and dad took him in and that editor Nam stuck around enough for him to know his own mother. We also have no evidence that Yoon-Jae had a miserable childhood when he moved to the States—yes he has the trauma of his past but doesn’t seem to have affected him until three years ago when he first saw the Lee Sol painting. I am not defending Lee Sol but we need to remember that despite everything Yoon-Jae is very emotionally un-constipated compared to 90% of drama leads who had the same circumstances.

Also, according to the relationship chart, our leads are all 33years old. Their mothers are all in their 50s—simple maths means that they could have been as young as 17 or as old as 26… so we are possibly looking at some very young mothers (editor Nam and Lee Sol). My guess is that the ‘reason’ will have to do with an abusive husband or that leaving Yoon-Jae at the orphanage was the safest thing to do. If you are a young single mother it can be scary—not just money but we could wonder if her family kicked her out. We won’t know until she tells us. In the abandonment scene she says that she isn’t his mother as a way to have him not follow her (rather than someone else saying it, imo). My guess is that she stopped painting after she abandoned him which is why she is so startled/upset that Si-an is collecting the paintings. She doesn’t want to remember a really painful part of her past—let’s be clear I think she regrets her decision. I doubt that Si-an suspects that hyung is his brother though. Just an immediate affinity which you can get for long lost family. (can I add that Lee Il-hwa is the perfect drama-mom). 

My wild theory is that Lee Sol is Yoon-Jae’s AUNT and that she was taking care of her sibling’s child but because she was so young it was difficult and she thought leaving him at an orphanage was better--the paintings are still a painful reminder of her past. He calls her mom because he that is what he knew her as. So we have a child’s memory playing tricks on him; he even says ‘maybe’ his mother at the end of the episode. Which would mean that Si-an and Yoon-Jae are cousins… It would also cover the ‘I am not your mother’ line. I like this theory but think they will stick with the normal long-lost, half-brother trope.

Also the idea that mum left Yoon-Jae seems *way* out of character for a woman who adopted a strangers child while still in hospital. And if she did then it would have been during the day and not in the middle of the night. I think her regret is that Yoon-jae disappeared and she doesn’t know what happened to him or Lee Sol… won’t the reunion of the mothers be interesting. Again I think we have some voice distortion going on to mask who Lee Sol is from us but also from Yoon-Jae. I will be beyond disappointed if they make her the reason Yoon-Jae doesn’t like holding hands

Finally, I don’t think that Deok-mi has a brother who died… rather the fourth child is a red herring so that we aren’t 100% certain at the beginning that they knew each other as kids. My reasoning is that 1-there has been no foreshadowing and 2-the picture in the house for the one year birthday is just Deok-mi and Eun-gi. Nor do I think that she was adopted—because of the first year birthday picture in their house and the emphasis on fanning running in the family. I love a birth secret as much as the next person but it feels out of character for things to be more complicated than they already are. 

Mothers:

The interesting thing that we haven’t really addressed is mothers and absentee fathers. All of the mothers in this show have complicated relationships with their children. Mum and DM have a loving if fraught relationship; Eun-gi and editor Nam; Hyo-jin and director Eom; Seon Yoo and Geon Woo; and finally Yoon-Jae and Lee Sol… Lee Sol seems to have a good relationship with Si-an though which is great. What we can see with all of these though is they are women who became mothers at a very young age (early twenties). Of course, there is a generational difference but that doesn’t mean that women in previous generations were automatically better at being young mothers. The only healthy mother-child relationship we have is Lee Sol (in her 50s) with Si-an who is ten years younger than Yoon-Jae—perhaps pointing out that deciding to have a child fosters a better relationship.

There is also the issue of unwed/single mothers. Editor Nam and Lee Sol (I’m making an assumption here) were single mothers and they couldn’t cut it. Meanwhile, Seon Yoo 1-got married because she was pregnant and 2-isn’t getting a divorce because she can’t/won’t be a single mother. Across the world, there is still a lot of stigma around single mothers. And Korea, which is a patriarchal society, is no different. All three of our single mothers were scared not just about the loss of their indolence and identity but also how the world would perceive them. That does not mean that they loved their children any less—or that they didn’t feel guilty for not being a normal mother. We can criticise them for their actions but I think until you have walked a mile in another persons shoes you should give them the chance to explain themselves. We already know the other's reasoning so we now wait for Lee Sol.

Now the fathers. It is a bit unfair to say that Dad is absentee but he clearly finds it difficult to express himself emotionally and over the years his relationship with mum has deteriorated. Hyo-jin’s dad is a white collar criminal who probably only remembers her birthday because his secretary has already bought the card and signed his name for him. And Editor Nam and Lee Sol didn’t have the support of a loving marriage which caused them to abandon their children. Even Si-an’s father is not mentioned. This is an interesting reversal since traditionally we have absentee mothers (with a dash of evil stepmothers) and struggling fathers (every western fairytale you’ve ever read). 

In the end, the show will emphasise the traditional nuclear family (mother, father, kids) so it isn’t breaking new ground there, which is fine. But it has shown in a subtle way how difficult it is to be a single mother and how it traps women—some who then go to extremes by abandoning their child so that they can live their own lives. There is an interesting commentary here that is slowly unfurling very subtly and I commend the writer and director. I don’t think I will look back on this drama and think ‘wow it explored how scary it is to be a single mom’ but on rewatching (which I will be doing) it will definitely strike in much the same way mother-child relationships did in SWDBS.

Thanks for making it through this. I hope it wasn’t too much.

• Like 8

Guys do you think PMY used many aegyos in eps 11 and 12? Such as sofa hug scene and go-stop game? And maybe cooking scene? I only watch PMY dramas, WWWSK and HPL. And I do not really remember in WWWSK she had aegyo. CMIIW! 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, YearwoodC said:

Guys do you think PMY used many aegyos in eps 11 and 12? Such as sofa hug scene and go-stop game? And maybe cooking scene? I only watch PMY dramas, WWWSK and HPL. And I do not really remember in WWWSK she had aegyo. CMIIW! 

I AGREE. She has a lot of aegyos  in ep 11 and 12! She's super good at it. I wonder if there will be more in the future eps. hehehe

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Ryaaaannnnn.. don't cry baby! My heart really breaks watching him like that. Hope Deok Mi will always be his side.

Btw, he looks so good in this suit.

{snipped}

He does:love:. I hope he keeps it that way in the office for the rest of the episodes. And I hope his pants are no longer 5 inches shorter,  :joy:

What I can I say about Queen PMY? She looks fabulous as always! :kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Rewatched the earlier episodes to clear out 2 doubts. 

1.  Is DM adopted ? 

- DM mom met EG Mom at the maternity ward, assuming they were in labour. Means not adopted.  

2. Is SA RG's half Brother ?

-  I initially didn't think so cos I thought (wrongly) they were only the most 4 years age gap. Turns out RG born 1987, SA 1997. 10 years difference.  RG was abandoned in 1993, SA born 4 years. 

- Other than DM, SJ (before knowing RG is DM's new director) thought RG looks like SA too. 

- Possible, but I still prefer the version where SA is adopted. 

I am so impressed with how the writer weaved in the clues subtly,  mostly in the characters' conversation. There are 3 unresolved  trails of bread crumbs:

1.  EG was ABANDONED not entrusted by his mom to DM's mom.   DM was surprised that EG knows that he was abandoned.  

2. DM's parents had a son that died before DM was born.  Instead of bearing another child/son, DM's mom raised some one else's child(ren).

3. DM has repressed memory at the orphanage . 

My whack theory :crazy:

The 2 moms made an effort to conceal the detail that EG has abandoned, thus concocted a story that they met at the maternity ward, EG Mom asked DM's mom to be the nanny.  Possible truth, DM's parents adopted EG at the orphanage, then EG mom found them and reconciled a few years later.  Which also means, DM could be adopted too! Adopted at the same time as EG. 

Some viewers mentioned the back of the lady's head looks like DM's mom... hmmm... I don't think so.  BUT if it's really DM's mom, it would be the day she got the 2 orphans DM and EG out of the orphanage, leaving poor Yoon Jae behind. Separating the friends.  :bawling:

Poor RG was abandoned twice!! Once by his bio mother Leesol, then by his childhood friend DM. 

4 more episodes to go! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

The abandonment of a child when the b mother pursues a new life with a new husband seems to be a common trope in k dramas...

Yeap. This is the theory I am supporting too. Often, the new husband is portrayed as unwilling to be a second father to a child from another man. I just can't remember the drama dang, but it was so similar. Ah! I think it was The Rose of Sharon Has Bloomed with Do Ji Han and Im Soo Hyang. Do Ji Han's mom left them to be the mistress to a rich man and the stepmom to his kids. Then, decades after she wanted to be in their lives again and started using her wealthy status now to get back in their good graces. Someone commented that a mom who willingly abandoned his son wouldn't look sad while watching the mother and child... but they often are, even when they go through the legal process of getting a child adopted by another couple, birth mothers often find themselves wanting to know their child or have some kind of relationship with them when initially they did not want to have one. We have a lot of western movies that show this too.

So my guess is that they all were simply neighbors. DM had a brother that died. Ryan's mom is SiAn's mom who was a single parent and artist who abandoned him and continued her life and had a family of her own. When she had SiAn, that's probably the time when she felt the most regretful about abandoning her first child. Treating one child better than another often gets to your conscience. I think if they got separated by accident, she would have found him sooner. I think ShiAn knows he has a brother (kids find these things out all the time, lol parents think they're great at discretion - I myself know a lot about my parents that they don't think I know). I don't think this drama will go through too much angst at all, seems out of character.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I re-watched that go-stop game scene for thousand times. Go-stop game scene is really cute, warm, adorable. It makes me STS like crazy. And for Jaeuck, I still don't believe he can be so cute in here. I'm so proud to be his fan LOL! THIS GUY REALLY CAN ACT! If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that used to be he never interested doing romcom. This time he changed his mind because he wants people watch him in light drama/project. I'm grateful that he joined Soop Ent in June 2017. This agency gives their talents opportunities to get any kind of project that they like. Or maybe, some privilege to their talents not taking new projects if they want to hiatus for a while. Such as Gong Yoo who doesn't take any drama/movie since "Goblin", Gong Hyo Jin who picked movie rather than drama since "Jealousy Incarnates", and Jeon Do Yeon who only took "A Good Wife" drama in 2016 since she joined Soop.

An actor needs passion and some time to let his previous character off. An actor really needs time and energy to analyze his new character. Soop really cares about their talent's image. I'm pretty sure that finally Jaeuck wanted to do romcom because Soop persuaded him about good image and popularity in entertainment industry. Popularity means a lot of CF offers. Actor Nam Gong Min, in his interview, revealed that now he reconsider to be a villain (even its a challenge for him as an actor). He didn't get any CF offer when he became a villain, even he got an award as Best Villain in Sensory Couple. So, I hope Jaeuck later will extend his contract with Soop (Yes please, I beg you Jaeuck-ssi) because now I found a brand new actor Jaeuck. There's no dark and mysterious image anymore!  

• Like 20
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, YearwoodC said:

Such as Gong Yoo who doesn't take any drama/movie since "Goblin", Gong Hyo Jin who picked movie rather than drama since "Jealousy Incarnates", and Jeon Do Yeon who only took "A Good Wife" drama in 2016 since she joined Soop.

Gong Yoo is known for taking drama 4-5 years once. He is quite picky in selecting drama. So far Gong Yoo only acted in 3 dramas.Coffee Prince (2007); Big (2012) and Goblin (2016). I think Soop style that they only give contracts to big names to keep the prestige of their company. In business this kind of business plan is important. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I love how this drama made the secondary characters shine and gave merit to their stories. Mama Editor did her best by her son, working single mother whose friend baby sat for her and whose family became the extended family. I like how she was their to comfort her son's heartbreak but told him that he can move on and find someone to love. She feels guilty for working all the time and not having had the time to be with her son when he needed her. However, aside from EG falling in love and confessing too late to the woman he realized he had loved for so long, she did well by him.  

Curator Kyunga surprised her coworkers when she told them that she volunteers on weekends at the orphanage and had everyone join her including Cindy and even the reluctant Director Gold. Kyunga took charge while in the orphanage and it was refreshing to see Ryan and Cindy get involved, one was reluctant to visit a place the reminds of memories he did not want to remember and the other a spoiled, self involved girl. No nonsense Kyunga and the children just had everyone into having fun. 

Director Eom was hilarious in her entrance to meet with Ryan, as if she were a Joseon Queen and her secretary walking along holding her bag to confront Mister Gold. She wanted to halt Ryan's planned exhibit just to prove to Ryan who the owner of the Cheum Museum is and who is boss. Ryan did not even have to say a word because Cindy's emotional confrontation with mom saved the day. I love how everyone rallied around Cindy to give her a pat on the back. Good job Cindy.

The highlight to the episode though is the appearance of Si An's mom. We first see her standing at the front of the church and looking at a woman with her child walking. I wonder if it was by the church steps that Ryan was abandoned. So now we know from Ryan's talk with DM that he blocked memories from the time he was abandoned except for remembering a woman sitted on a stool painting with her back towards the young Ryan and the painting of the bubbles. He remembers calling "omma" and tapping the woman's back then his memories or his dreams of those memories end there. He could never remember the face. There is no preview, so the suspense and anticipation of what happens next is heightened. Lee Sol's paintings ended up in different parts of the world from USA to China and Korea and quite a coincidence or even maybe fated that the painting in NY happened to be found by Ryan which got him to stop painting and remember painful and fuzzy memories of his childhood and thus started his journey back to where his memory of the painting and the back of the woman whose face he can't recall began. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3