• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

english language decided to be different and called it pineapple

sorry i just have to take him out to laugh again lol

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Craving sushi since last night. But now I also want stuffed squid!

hi @MayanEcho are you going to prepare the stuffed squid or out, to buy from the restaurant?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKqwe0rURXiAEAcCkaH57

cr.: owner

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

21 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

there's the wax apples which are super juicy and thirst quenching.. best with sour plum powder!

another fruit that is called apple but has no relation in terms of taste, look or texture to apple. kekeke... like why are there so many in english? so unimaginative! hahahaha....

here's another one in english. it is called ice apple but I know it by the local name 'nongu' 

again, does not look or taste like apple. available only in summer months and is a cooling fruit. 

KHeCXbYlfWju3Fssvu0ruKZjvPmWGNpP_med.jpg  

(not sure, why this is reverse but for chingus who haven't seen this fruit before, basically see the collage from right to left -- black round ball is the fruit. then chop, scoop. bottom left is what it looks like after peeling. basically looks a bit like lychee but not the same taste. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 8

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@gm4queen ~ is woodapple a cousin to custard apple?

Chingu, I don't really think that they are related to each other!!! :) Both fruits carry out a different nature! Wood apple is fibre but custard apple is not, I think! We had a custard apple tree in our garden a long ago! I will search for more details!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

here's another one in english. it is called ice apple but I know it by the local name 'nongu' 

again, does not look or taste like apple. available only in summer months and is a cooling fruit. 

bottom left pic looks a bit like attap seeds

21603685133.jpgcr.: owner

top right looks like mangosteen hahahaha!! but the color is white not translucent

MangosteenThumbnail.jpg

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

ah I see @gm4queen; figures. I wonder if the naming people in english were living through some makjang kind of drama with stepsiblings, half-siblings, maybe stepcousins marrying each other. or like in thai lakorn - stepson in love with stepmom?! :sweatingbullets::lol:... or something like that and thought lets just call all these unrelated fruits that have nothing in common some version of apple because they have to be weirdly related. there is my random trivia theory. haahahahahha!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

8 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

are you going to prepare the stuffed squid or out, to buy from the restaurant?

Buy outside. :D I like those too in sizzling plate meals, but I don't really eat out nowadays.

7fb93d0ebe0b8f9451c41dad4799bec1.jpg

Ctto 

Want shawarma plate too, hehehe.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@sadthe1st ~ think ice apple is probably palm seed (attap) that you posted. it is actually similar to palm tree from what I am told. it does not have the taste of mangosteen or texture. it is actually a hard shell that you have to chop with a sickle type knife and then carve it out. something you can't really do at home unless you have some skills. 

have been told that liqour made from palm tree packs quite a punch! toddy wine with some fried meat is supposed to be great... 

coconut%20wine%20toddy.jpg?auto=format&f 

+2

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

@MayanEcho ~ for some reason, I dislike the taste and texture squid and octopus. for me, that is acquired taste. :sweatingbullets:....

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Want shawarma plate too, hehehe.

even I have been meaning to have them. maybe I will order some today. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I like those too in sizzling plate meals, but I don't really eat out nowadays.

starting tomorrow, we are allowed for dine-ins but limited to 2 pax.

i'll stick to takeaways.. dun want to risk it

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it is actually a hard shell that you have to chop with a sickle type knife and then carve it out. something you can't really do at home unless you have some skills. 

thanks! i learnt something new! hahaha

usually i see them in desserts like this

Attap+Seed+21.JPG

i'm heading out to buy some tofu fries with plum powder.. and those crispy chicken.. and some tw braised pork rice bowls to my mama's place for dinner!

see you all later!

have fun licking food pics and oppa abs!!

:4267_LiccGif:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

12 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

me me me sis

I do that often but at times I get so obsessed with mv that I end up watching the drama even after knowing all the spoilers !

This is one among them 

But the I liked the mv more than the drama:joy:

meant to respond to this but forgot...

the MV is way better than the drama "the secret life of my secretary". :lol: gosh how much I hated the female lead and despised her. I had to drop the drama because she ticked me off so much. I was one of those who actively hoped they would break up and burn for good. hahahahaha... totally the wrong feels that one should get while watching a rom-com. only found the secondary couple amusing.

was watching MVs (attaching as it is not embedding link 1 and longer video link 2  - click CC for subs) of this couple -- termed as "impossible love story" -- watching the MVs, it certainly looks that way! the actors certainly had to work hard to sell this madness. hahahah... it looks like delicious angst madness. if I was not lazy, I would check it out. kekeke... 

Ewsi-7GWEAEu4pM.jpg  

@partyon, he just happens to look like one of those bearded fellas from old oil paintings. I swear it was by accident. all these turkish oppas have beards!  :P 

+2

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

52 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

for some reason, I dislike the taste and texture squid and octopus. for me, that is acquired taste. :sweatingbullets:....

You're right with it being an acquired taste. When I was small I didn't like it much, but after tasting it stuffed, I couldn't get enough anymore, LOL! Same with octopus, I love it crispy fried. 

Here's another acquired taste for me:

71OK3Oa2TcL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Hubs used to buy for me when I was expecting. But now I don't see it sold here anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7

On 6/19/2021 at 11:15 AM, joccu said:

I had this vague memory that I had read snow white must die. So I was checking my book self yesterday and found that

I actually own the novel. So I really did read it.  I was re-reading it bit yesterday and it was amazing.  Hope the writer is going to be some really good. The drama has lot of promise.

I read about the main characters in the book and then, suddenly, I know who is the culprit. It is so easy that I was taken aback. I hope it is not true but I am that certain. I haven`t even read the book or watch the drama.  :w00t: 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@MayanEcho, IDK why I don't like sushi. I guess because it is made of raw fish. It is a problematic food for me because it's made with raw fish —  :kitty:  I love stuffed squid. Squid must be cooked for a very short time otherwise if it's overcook, it turns very rubbery.   :GN1:

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, willenette said:

IDK why I don't like sushi. I guess because it is made of raw fish. It is a problematic food for me because it's made with raw fish

I have not eaten sushi yet and I don`t know if I like it or not.  I am not a fan of raw fish too so probably I won`t like it.  But I want to try. My younger sister likes sushi. She even makes it at home.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

:heythere: guys!!!

This is when you find too much apples on the stores rather than you asked for... :joy:

@gm4queen, I love apple. it's always good for the body. There's a saying - 1-apple a day can keep the doctor away..... I love the red than the green one. But, don't eat this at night. My friend wants to lose weight. So, she's eating not one, but three apples a day & nothing else.  She ordered a copy of The 3-Apple-A-Day Plan.   :heart3:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3