Add and Subtract Game

Admin

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

By the way, I've heard a myth or something about durian that elephants try to avoid durian tress at any cost and don't ever eat durian since they don't digest it.

i think most animals avoid durian trees.. in case of accidentally brushing themselves against the fruit.. ouch!

but i know that people say durians won't drop off the tree if people are staring and waiting to pick them.. they usually fall to the ground in the middle of the night.

there's also other desserts and sweets made with durians.

durian dodol

@Lmangla natto is one of the most loved food in japan, it's fermented soybeans

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/natto

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 8

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@sadthe1st

for those chingus wondering, this is marmite. 

+2

When I was a toddler, mum feed me marmite with porridge daily and as a toddler you just eat

what is being put into your mouth.

If you asked me to eat marmite with porridge now, is a NO. 

But if cook with chicken as a dishm, surprisingly taste good.

OIP.Q04oNWWiAxX_AwIDKlap4AHaEK?w=281&h=1

12 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

but i know that people say durians won't drop off the tree if people are staring and waiting to pick them.. they usually fall to the ground in the middle of the night.

I visited a friends durian farm and we were having a feast under the shed and

according to the durian orchard owner, it normally drops during the night but at times also during the day.

So, he told us to be very carefull when walking around the orchard.

Below is bee hive being cultivated in the durian orchard. Looks disgusting

but is real honey which is a bit sourish.

Those little holes is where you suck out the honey.( using a straw)

ZgbZCIT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@LeftCoastOppa ~ people say that marmite / vegemite is also an acquired taste. sounds strange but I loved the weird bitterness/salty/tanginess flavour of it... then there are people who actually find wasabi, tofu, sushi also a bit of acquired taste. you know raw fish meat and all.... and as for durian, I really thought it would be like jackfruit. buzzer, wrong!!!! hahahaha... it is like a distinct bad cousin of jackfruit. hahahahah.... but yea, another acquired taste much like some of those stinky cheeses. 

I've had vegemite a few times ... is marmite the same thing?  wasabi, tofu, sushi - Like em all - Durian, sorry nope -  I'm with @partyon  most cheeses cannot survive if there's a good bottle of Port nearby 

:blush:

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

I guess it really depends on what you are accustomed to.

Like I don't find blue cheese, brie, Gorgonzola, Appenzeller, Gruyère, Bergkäse, Manchego, etc. to be particularly stinky. Sure, they're pungent in aroma but I am a huge cheese fan and will eat of them.

thats true; it actually didn't seem that smelly but then again, I got used to the smell of yak cheese as a teenager. now, those are kind of strong smelling to say the least! :sweatingbullets: hahahaha... 

chingus who are wondering, this is a himalayan yak. 

15554795-close-up-wild-yak-in-himalaya-m 

uncle google is also telling me that there are lot of yak cheese treats for dogs. now that is something I haven't heard of... 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

chingus who are wondering, this is a himalayan yak. 

i saw this on a glamping channel last week or so.. in mongolia.

the yak milk are made into cheese and sun dried for longer storage for the nomads.

unfortunately, i have never come across any yak cheese in singapore supermarkets..

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

Hello Chingus! Happy Sunday! :cheers:

@4evrkdrama I watched the first few minutes . I will watch later today. Not writing it off. The ex is such a jerk. Disgusting, manipulative, a glib talker! On one hand I am kind of glad that media is calling out these abusive boyfriends and spreading awareness about 'toxic' relationships. It is high time we stop romanticizing these crazy manipulative  emotional unavailable bad boys. It is giving out a wrong / misleading message to impressionable young minds. 

Spoiler

The ML mistook the FL to be someone else.

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

Marmite and Vegemite are okay, but I am not a huge fan. It just feels like one is eating yeast.

No thanks, I'd rather put something else on my sandwich

Has anyone tried Danish style open sandwiches (called Smørrebrød in Danish)?

smoerrebroed_banner.jpg?anchor=center&mo

4fb6ff90-31a2-4b8a-9942-58ca80a71630.jpg

7 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the yak milk are made into cheese and sun dried for longer storage for the nomads.

Yes, I've had it. :unamused: And yes, it had been sun dried on the roof of a ger.

ger-mongolian-traditional-dwelling-cover

Also tried yak milk. :unamused:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Marmite and Vegemite are okay, but I am not a huge fan.

I loved marmite a long ago, chingu! I remember I always ate marmite bread at the lunch time in my school days. But then I was fed up of marmite taste and now I eat woodapple jam for the breakfast. :D

MD-Woodapple-Jam.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@confusedheart326 calling the ex as a jerk is an understatement.

But I find no good in ML too (though far better than the ex).

And there were some comments saying since he is handsome they will let him off !

WHAT ?

seriously ?

By the way,

I spoiled myself with the dramas ending ! 

Spoiler

I know you would open the spoiler tag.

Am not gonna say.

:tounge_wink: 
But anyway,
To me it’s a waste of time !

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

27 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I've had vegemite a few times ... is marmite the same thing?

yea, both are yeast. I prefer marmite taste to vegemite but people say it is like a personal preference? if you like marmite, then you find vegemite not sharp enough? and if you like vegemite, marmite is too sharp?... 

21 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

unfortunately, i have never come across any yak cheese in singapore supermarkets..

yak cheese and milk is available around regions close or in the himalayan mountain ranges. so if you ever travel around those regions, then you might come across it. though you are more likely to get buffalo milk and cheese which also has a strong smell..

this is the valley of flowers / flowers national park -- on my bucket list of places to visit one day. it is only open for a few months a year and june is one of the best months. doesn't it look like a great place to trek?

103716valley-of-flower-trek.jpg  

@gm4queen ~ what is wood apple?

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

19 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, I've had it. :unamused: And yes, it had been sun dried on the roof of a ger.

Also tried yak milk.

you dun sound v impressed with the taste lol

Full House Lol GIF

10 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

and now I eat woodapple jam for the breakfast.

i had to google to find out what's woodapple

baelfruit-09-1486621893.jpg

cr.: owner

it's so interesting.. i dun think i've seen these in fruit stalls before!

this is the valley of flowers / flowers national park -- on my bucket list of places to visit one day. it is only open for a few months a year and june is one of the best months. doesn't it look like a great place to trek?

@Lmangla beautiful scenery!!

i find that countries with natural mountains and valleys have the most breathtaking sceneries.. and of cos, with all the 4 seasons!

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and if you like vegemite, marmite is too sharp?..

I did not know these two exists. :w00t: It is the frist time I heard about these products.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

18 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

you dun sound v impressed with the taste lol

Yeah, it was not a culinary experience I wish to remember. :loolz:

I even prefer the fermented horse milk I tried once....

Homemade-kumis-1.jpg

The kymyz (fermented horse milk) on the right at least has alcohol :D

On the left, kurut which is a dried cheese. It's very salty and quite hard.

In the summer time, there will be plenty of locals selling kymyz they have made themselves.

1.jpg

Just stop your car by the side of the road and try some.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

14 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@Lmangla beautiful scenery!!

i find that countries with natural mountains and valleys have the most breathtaking sceneries.. and of cos, with all the 4 seasons!

the himalayas has some impressive places to visit. especially for those with an adventure spirit, people love trekking or going on group bike rides on the lower altitudes. sometimes you get to know about these places because people post about them on facebook. hahahahha... otherwise, you are not even aware. :sweatingbullets: hahahah... 

this was something I discovered that way -- this is a lake in a ladakh region of the himalayas. it is basically high mountain desert climate. 

Tso-Moriri-Lake.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Dear @Lmangla @sadthe1st & all other chingus...

wood-apple-4000x2670.jpg

This is woodapple, a fantastic fruit with a really funny smell. Wood apple is known for its laxative properties as it is a rich source of fibre. The fruit is used to make not only jam but also fruit juice, pickle, jaggery, chutney and a lot more!!! The wood apple is a popular fruit in Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine.

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

The kymyz (fermented horse milk) on the right at least has alcohol

reminds me of these!

62b9ed37a1081ac128b155e7b6cb21ba.jpg

it's teabreak time!!

img_6679c2a9bondingtool.jpg

@Lmangla custard apples are yummy! but, i've eaten worms from there as well.. hahaha cos when they are really ripe it's very sweet.. and basically u scoop and eat big chunks with the seeds then spit them out.. the worms, despicably.. are tiny and white too! i had a few mouthfuls before realizing the tiny squirmy vermins! urgh. free proteins.

there's the wax apples which are super juicy and thirst quenching.. best with sour plum powder!

b2cf795b0af642bfa9967cdd1c35ffc5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

random food trivia: for some reason, pineapple in most languages is known as ananas or some deviation of that. for whatever reason, english language decided to be different and called it pineapple. except it is not an apple and it doesn't come from a pine tree.....^_^

Health-Benefits-of-Pineapple.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3