• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. putting that zoom camera set up to good use.    @Lmangla @partyon @Jillia          @Ameera Ali @iksunijini @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin   @MayanEcho @Min2206 @joccu @sadthe1st

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl I also thought that they would rule it offside goal. 

Once again the angle deceived us :joy:

I wonder the linesman was like "Its Morata, let's go with Offside" :loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

watching MVs of random dizis and dramas -- a great shortcut to just watch the cute bits. kekeke....bonus: someone will always ask, "how did it end?" and a kind soul will give away the ending. so much time saved -- no need to watch the whole drama. hahahaha...  do others do that? watch MVs of dramas you have never seen?

me me me sis

spacer.png

I do that often but at times I get so obsessed with mv that I end up watching the drama even after knowing all the spoilers !

This is one among them 

But the I liked the mv more than the drama:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

+2

Morning.. @sadthe1st  @Min2206  @Wuzetian  @MayanEcho @4evrkdrama  @Ameera Ali

@Calli  @confusedheart326 @elan1  @gm4queen  @joccu  @kokodus  @Lmangla  @mirmz  @agenth  @partyon  @Sleepy Owl  @twinkle_little_star 

Rise and shine to a wonderfull and relaxing Sunday.

Doned with my morning walk inside my garden and now having my coffee

OnvHf8Xe6XC3g72BKLJQNnkorZurpvM=

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Alright - just getting back from a very late dinner - it was sooooooo HOT here today, had to go with ...

Spicey Tuna/Avocado roll 

969 NYC Coffee: Spicy tuna avocado roll. | Eat, Food, Great recipes

... and a "few" glasses of Pinot Grigio   :rolleyes:  

Okay - serious question - after catching up on the last 24 + hours of the thread, amongst all the yummy foods - Cookies, Chinese BBQ pork, etc ... I saw something which requires a somewhat detailed explanation ....

How can you eat Durian?  Seriously?

Kitty is going to help me explain the problem ....

Super Profitable Food ideas in China: ¥500 Milk Tea, Pig Floss Cake, Lama  Cafe?! | by Qi | Medium

Sorry - this stuff is just foul 

+2

• LOL 9
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 1
28 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

How can you eat Durian?  Seriously?

Kitty is going to help me explain the problem ....

Sorry - this stuff is just foul

Chingu, you and me are on the same page here. Me and durian have had some unlucky encounters a few times in Malaysia. 

Me trying to escape every time someone offers me durian:

IbrX.gif

Good morning! Woke up at the crack of dawn.

:dead:

Coffee, where art thou?

• LOL 11
  • Thirsty 1

hi @LeftCoastOppa

32 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... and a "few" glasses of Pinot Grigio 

i guess thats almost a bottle or two lol

durians is either a hit or miss to many.

i'm not a diehard fan but i'm ok with or without.

but it has gotta be the most interesting fruit with the thorny appearance.. mind you, it's damn painful holding it by the fruit with bare hands.. thats why the sellers usually handle them with thick gloves. we always have the joke about punishing husbands/boyfriends having to kneel on durian shells if they committed an unpardonable deed!

durian_th.jpg

cr.: owner

i had some last week for dinner.. let me find my IG link hahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQLZv6LM0ol/?utm_medium=copy_link

hi there @partyon

0-Intro-5-DIY%20brew%20pour%20over-flick

+2

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@LeftCoastOppa @sadthe1st

Another food with high gross factor (because of the smell) is stinky tofu.

OMG, I almost throw up in Taiwan every time I walk past a stinky tofu stall. You can literally smell the tofu 100 meters away already.

tenor.gif?itemid=4550591

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2
12 minutes ago, partyon said:

Another food with high gross factor (because of the smell) is stinky tofu.

OMG, I almost throw up in Taiwan every time I walk past a stinky tofu stall. You can literally smell the tofu 100 meters away already.

omo.. why chingu why..

stinky-tofu-7a834f8b-7f54-4211-b411-783b

I ADORE TW STINKY TOFU  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeNoVi_Fd3D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

i even have a stinky tofu coin pouch! hahahaha

i went to one oldstreet called 深坑 in TW.. they have all sorts of stinky tofu.. charcoal grilled with various topping options.. and even, braised stinky tofu, and stinky tofu soup.. i dun think you will ever want to step in there!!

someone's travel blog here

https://www.foreignersintaiwan.com/blog-370963385326684/shenkeng-old-street

but, hong kong stinky tofu is quite different.. i dun really like those.

@Wuzetian chingu loves them too, without the chili

haha

+2

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@LeftCoastOppa ~ people say that marmite / vegemite is also an acquired taste. sounds strange but I loved the weird bitterness/salty/tanginess flavour of it... then there are people who actually find wasabi, tofu, sushi also a bit of acquired taste. you know raw fish meat and all.... and as for durian, I really thought it would be like jackfruit. buzzer, wrong!!!! hahahaha... it is like a distinct bad cousin of jackfruit. hahahahah.... but yea, another acquired taste much like some of those stinky cheeses. 

scale; 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

+2

Hi @LeftCoastOppa  @partyon

This is me whenever I smell stinky tofu but @sadthe1st loves them.

I remembered once during my first trip to Taiwan night market, I didn't know and was asking

my friend why is "this place so smelly" till she told me is the stinky tofu stalls few metres away.

BzdGd4spRxR%2Bzc=

Durian, the king of thorns ...... is my favorite and is not cheap for those good quality ones.

giphy.gif&ehk=GQLj7w7S3yy7yshfRi0kTIHXj%

Hello @Lmangla

New DP again :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

for chingus, that may find it confusing... 

this is jackfruit -- very nice smelling and not stinky like durian. :D

only thing is you need to know how to cut it which can be difficult at home. so easier to get the fruit seller to cut it and just buy a few individual pieces... 

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5
7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahaha... it is like a distinct bad cousin of jackfruit

bad cousin!! hahaha i laughed out loud at this

i bet jackfruit must have felt insulted being related to durian lol

Jennifer Lawrence Lol GIF

i guess i like the umami of such strong flavors.. cos i like blue cheese too! uh oh.. i used to stir marmite/bovril in hot water and drink.. or spread thin layer on bread (i wasn't introduced to kewpie mayo yet when i was a kid!)

and i love natto too! it's got a unique flavor which many friends cannot accept..

466d72ef3e56d2b271624877eee1189b.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 4

:waves: guys!

Waving to @partyon & @Lmangla chingus! It's been so hard to bump in to you guys here... :hooray2:

By the way, I've heard a myth or something about durian that elephants try to avoid durian tress at any cost and don't ever eat durian since they don't digest it. :partyblob:

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6
7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

for chingus, that may find it confusing... 

this is jackfruit -- very nice smelling and not stinky like durian.

only thing is you need to know how to cut it which can be difficult at home. so easier to get the fruit seller to cut it and just buy a few individual pieces... 

Jackfruit smells aromatic and some make them into dessert with coconut milk and sago.

For those having gastric issues, like me.. have to avoid cause is acidic ( according to my doc)

OIP.eAq76SJZrUf3Ut3j3DqUlQHaDX?w=323&h=1

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7
15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@LeftCoastOppa ~ people say that marmite / vegemite is also an acquired taste. sounds strange but I loved the weird bitterness/salty/tanginess flavour of it... then there are people who actually find wasabi, tofu, sushi also a bit of acquired taste. you know raw fish meat and all.... and as for durian, I really thought it would be like jackfruit. buzzer, wrong!!!! hahahaha... it is like a distinct bad cousin of jackfruit. hahahahah.... but yea, another acquired taste much like some of those stinky cheeses.

I guess it really depends on what you are accustomed to.

Like I don't find blue cheese, brie, Gorgonzola, Appenzeller, Gruyère, Bergkäse, Manchego, etc. to be particularly stinky. Sure, they're pungent in aroma but I am a huge cheese fan and will eat of them. :yum:

How-to-make-a-perfect-cheese-board_7.jpg

It's so nice to have cheese with a glass of port wine. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@sadthe1st ~ kekeke... but durian is really like the evil cousin of jackfruit. hahaha...

what is natto by the way? I am not familiar with it..  I was very surprised when I liked the stinky cheeses I tried when I was in university. I like cheese in general and so I guess it seemed an extension. the smell really wasn't that unpleasant. and yea, I do enjoy the tanginess of marmite and butter on toast. 

for those chingus wondering, this is marmite. 

d2d98c-1.jpg 

marmite is British while vegemite is the Australian version. you can read about it here. 

https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/australia/articles/marmite-v-vegemite-whats-the-difference/ 

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 8