Add and Subtract Game

Admin

LOL.. @ktcjdrama ~ makjang is actually a fine art that can be hard to describe. :joy:

@Sushimi ~ makjang basically means over the top dramas where all sorts of crazy twists and turns are thrown in. birth secret, kidnapping, slaps, insults, amnesia, fake relationship contracts. anything and everything is there. but a good makjang drama no matter how crazy is deliciously addictive that you don't event consider how bizarre the plot is. instead, you just laugh over the madness and keep watching. the performances are really refined in how over the top they are but it works! basically it is like a modern version of a greek play where all sorts of nonsense happens.

@snowlou ~ like @partyon said, meryem is the turkish version of secret. but there seems to be a re-interpretation of the story and characters. so to give you the visual, here is the pic: girl in the middle white dress is meryem. left khakhi shirt is savas, ji sung's character except he is far more sane and not as psycho. red dress on left is the art gallery lady who wants to marry savas but has a secret of her own from the night. not sure if that was there in the kdrama. can't remember. moutache man on the right is oktay, her prosecutor ex who she takes the fall for like an idiot. here, oktay is just certifiably nuts and loves manipulating people like a puppet master. he is also weirdly obsessed with meryem not in the romantic sense but just because he enjoys being a toxic ex. black dress on right is beliz, the mistress/lover of oktay. this character I don't remember existing in the kdrama version. here she is a lawyer who thinks her classmate reminds her of her father. he just enjoys having these women around like some sultan.

9b5d8f7c2ae6677efb6bcb8f65ebccd9.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@snowlou After ep 11 I was actually quite convinced that IkSong is going to be the endgame. Before I thought that there is a one percent chance for Captain Ahn to end up with Songhwa, but after ep 11, it became quite clear to me that he doesn't stand a chance against Ikjun. That pathetic effort of him to copy IkJun's actions in the car.....sighhhh, I do really feel bad for him. Many are blaming Captain Ahn for putting Ikjun in the spot and making Songhwa uncomfortable during the dinner scene, but I appreciate his efforts, if he didn't go all out, then he would regret it later on. So it's good that he made the maximum effort to get a place in Songhwa's heart, but too bad, it looks like it's been already occupied by someone else. LOL. The dinner scene also needed to happen to get a confirmation of IkJun's feelings for Songhwa. But in the process the writers have sacrificed Captain Ahn's character and everyone is hating on him now. Sigh. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i thought asylum can very well describe it :D 

there is a method to the madness! I really do think that makjang dramas are actually hard to write as well as act well. :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I discovered Turkish dramas at the first month of quarantine and here are the dramas I've finished so far: Dolunay, Erkenci Kus, Kiralik Ask, Zemheri. Still waiting for the new ep of Dogdugun. 

My goddess Dilraba has a new series. I reckon modern Chinese series are mostly fluff, and that's also true for Turkish and Korean romcoms. We have a rich, arrogant and cold male lead whose life is turned upside down by a bubbly, pretty lady. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I´m still on planet earth...:joy: still looking for a way to fly to the moon so that I don´t have to write my master thesis and of course to meet alien oppa :joy:

+2

@Sarang21 you taking so long writing these thesis, bts coffee not doing their magic :D

you need mathematic king to help :joy:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

hahaha no way....im on the way to hit my diet target :P 

@angelangie, I'm amazed! When most people have gained weight these days ... you, on the other hand, is about to hit your target! Congratulations! 

How are you guys doing? I think I should say this, if there is ever one thing that I appreciate about being quarantined, it's how it made my skin whiter, brighter, plumper, and almost blemish-free (well, almost!), even my hubby who's my number 1 critic was able to notice the changes. Lol!

+2

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Howww? I didn't gain any weight. My sleep cycle has changed. I sleep at around 6 am and wake up at 2 pm.  

My facial and body acne has gotten way worse. Maybe it's due to stress. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hey everyone!

Popping back up after a long time of being away. Life is busy even though we're still in lock down. In a lot of ways I am even more busy! LOL

Anyway, how are you guys doing? @triplem @cenching @Lawyerh @Sushimi @ktcjdrama @staygold 

I am currently hooked on The Eternal Monarch and today's episode just gave me the chills!

What are you guys watching these days?

• Like 2
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21 you taking so long writing these thesis, bts coffee not doing their magic :D

you need mathematic king to help :joy:

At the spead that I´m writting I might be finished when I´m old and grey :joy:. Hopefully my prof will still be alive by then to grade it. 

+2

• LOL 5

4 hours ago, jeijei said:

Howww? I didn't gain any weight. My sleep cycle has changed. I sleep at around 6 am and wake up at 2 pm.  

I have the same sleep cycle as you lol. And I have been loosing weight instead of gaining it..not that I´m complaining tho. :mrgreen:

• LOL 3

giphy.gif

I don't know what's with about Lee Minho in page 5604(?)

I'm not a Lee Minho fan but I enjoy TKEM. I only got to watch coz my brother turned on his Netflix account on our TV since the pandemic crisis and our favorite TV network regular programming got affected (they replay/rerun previous dramas now). I didn't became a fan of him becoz.. 

1. I heard/watched it in Showbiz Korea years ago that the 2nd generation Hallyu Wave Kings are Kim Soohyun, Lee Jongsuk, Lee Minho and Kim Woobin. Among the four, the first 2 are the ones I got to like.. and super love Kim Soohyun! So the latter became my least. I was able to watch LMH's BOF though I didn't got to finish but I liked it. 

2. Plus the fact that his dramas were aired in a TV network (here) I don't watch so it became a reason too. 

Even though I'm not a fan, I enjoy TKEM's story. Even if it makes my head spin.:D I'm not a deep thinker theorists. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, jeijei said:

Never lost any weight due to stress... acne has gotten worse though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@mouse007 hello! Good to hear from you . I knew you’d be busy because of the lock down. It’s the complaint of every parent especially those with young kids . I feel it too . My boy is a bit of older but still I am juggling btwn his online classes and mine . And it is really not easy to motivate them to learn. How are your boys ? The older would have some classes too ? Also I feel it is worst to WFH :sweatingbullets:

It’s a lot to juggle - working, taking care of the boys while working and then doing school work on top of it. My 4 year old has school work but he is not so interested in doing it so it’s a struggle. Just keep in him focused is a battle in itself. I think it’s different at home than at school bec there’s a lot more distractions at home. He’d much rather watch TV or play with his younger brother. I enjoy working from home and am used to it since I work from home full time normally anyway. 

What I struggle with is having no break. I feel like I’m wearing all hats all the time right now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@thaniehaha good see u come back. Miss that blink training suit HB :lol: Me still in wfh... dont know till when....

Okay ...

WFH is a bummer for me :grimace:. Internet Speed at home is too slow. Since I have to access two ERPs systems ... it is too much for our internet to handle. So when I am at home, it's seldom that I can log in to Soompi. Anyway, I hope are safe and well. I can tell that you're having a good time here in Soompi. 

I think I have to change DP. I no longer stan HB :joy:

+2

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Here to do promo. Even if the music is not your taste, you will enjoy the historical elements :mrgreen:

What did I just watch?!?!? Who is this guy?!?!? And why is he rapping so aggressively in a sageuk?!? :D:D:D

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

@partyon baby daddy look nice le. I like their bickering too. But I think chance hes end game low right? He's so in the friendzone.

@Lawyerh Let me depict the chances of the 2nd lead getting the girl in this drama by this easy to read chart:

Yes = he will get the girl

No = forever alone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgEvUcbc9mt56Uj9i9TVH

• Like 1
  • LOL 3