EVENT: [Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널 RE-WATCH

partyon

Final poll: Thoughts about Tunnel  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Tunnel? (choose as many as you like)

• The plot was intense and kept me invested until the very end.
    • The drama was so suspenseful. I kept biting my nails.
    • Man, I cried so many times.
    • I'm sad it's over.
    • Great acting especially by the leads
    • The villains were interesting and had many dimensions to their story lines
    • I was confused by the time travel element
    • Oppa looked hot
    • I wish they had showed more of what happened in the end and how Prof.Shin and Seon Jae's lives changed.
    • It was fine, but I wouldn't watch it again.
    • Nah, not my cup of tea.
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. Which plot twists surprised you the most? (choose max 3)

• That Prof. Shin was Park Kwang Ho's daughter
    • Seon Jae's real identity
    • That Mok Jin U was a serial killer
    • Every time someone tried to strangle or kidnap Prof. Shin out of the blue
    • How the young Park Kwang Ho got his name
    • That Yeon Sook had passed away in the future timeline
    • Something else. What?
    • Nothing surprised me because I had watched this drama before / I am an amateur detective
  3. 3. Do you think the future changed once Park Kwang Ho returned to the 1980s?

• Yes, Prof Shin (Park Yeon Ho) and Seon Jae grew up happily "together". Mok Jin U was caught earlier, and young Park Kwang Ho survived.
    • Not sure. Wish they had explored this part more in the drama.
    • No, I don't think so.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2021 at 07:00 PM

[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널  RE-WATCH EVENT

Tunnel-Choi-Jin-Hyuk-Yoon-Hyun-Min.jpg

Welcome chingus to the Tunnel re-watch event!

1. How do I register?

Raise your hand and say you're in. You can join at any time just like in a regular drama thread. Don't feel bad if you want to drop the drama during the event - it happens to all of us from time to time.

2. How does it work?

Every week - we will watch 2 episodes and post right here on this thread.

You can watch at your convenience but post your responses to the episode no earlier than Thursday each week.

3. I've never watched it. Can I join the event anyway?

Absolutely! :kiss_wink:

4. What should I keep in mind?

You can watch the episodes faster than 2 episodes per week, but please keep to the episode schedule with regard to commenting.

Also, please do not add spoilers in your posts that might take away from the enjoyment of the chingus watching for the first time....

All normal k-drama thread rules apply also in this thread.

5. What is the schedule?

Jan 16 - Jan 20 -- ep 1 & 2

Jan 21 - Jan 27 -- ep 3 & 4

Jan 28 - Feb 3 -- ep 5 & 6

Feb 4 - Feb 10 -- ep 7 & 8

Feb 11 - Feb 17 -- ep 9 & 10

Feb 18 - Feb 24 -- ep 11 & 12

Feb 25 - Mar 3 -- ep 13 & 14

Mar 4 - Mar 10 -- ep 15 & 16

6. I don't know if I want to watch Tunnel....?

If any of you would like to join a re-watch event, but feel like Tunnel isn't your cup of tea, feel free to nominate another drama. We can host up to 3 re-watch drama events at the same time. :kiss_wink:

7. Do you have any information about the drama?

Drama: Tunnel

Genre: crime, time-travel

Network: OCN
Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Kyung Chul, Sin Yong Hwi

Writer: Lee Eun Mi

Release date: March 25, 2017 to May 2, 2017

OST: part 1 Circle of Life by JK Kim Dong Uk

Official site: https://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/220919800881

Other site: http://asianwiki.com/Tunnel_(Korean_Drama)

Plot:

In 1986, Detective Park Gwang Ho (Choi Jin Hyuk) desperately tries to catch a serial killer. He chases after the serial killer and goes through a tunnel. On the other side of the tunnel, Detective Park Gwang Ho finds himself in the year 2017. The serial killer has resumed the killings that began 30 years ago. Detective Park Gwang Ho works with Detective Kim Sun Jae (Yoon Hyun Min) and Professor of Criminal Psychology Shin Jae Yi (Lee Yoo Young) to catch the killer. (Asianwiki)

Cast:

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo1_540.png

Choi Jin-Hyuk - Park Gwang-Ho

Lee Yoo-Young- Shin Jae-yi

Yoon Hyun-Min - Kim Sun Jae

More info:

Spoiler

Lee Shi-A - Shin Yeon Suk (Park Gwang-Ho`s wife)

Kang Ki-Young - Song Min Ha

Cha Hak-Yeon ( N of VIXX ) as Park Kwang-Ho (name coincidence with the protagonist)

Jo Hee-Bong - Jeon Sung Sik

Kim Dong-Young - Jeon Sung Sik (1986)

Kim Byung-Chul - Kwak Tae Hee

Kim Min-Sang - Mok Jin-Woo

Yang Joo-Ho - Reporter Oh

Moon Sook - Hong Hye-Rin

Nam Moon-Chul -

Heo Sung-Tae - Jung Ho young

Lee Yong-Nyeo - Jung Ho young`s mother (2016)

Ham Sung-Min - Jung Ho young (young)

Park Myung-Shin - Lee Sun Ok

Plot:

Choi Jin-hyuk plays the main character, an expert violent crimes detective named Park Kwang-ho, who leaves no stone unturned when it comes to scraping for clues. He’s so meticulous and zealous that he once hung out with a thief’s hyung for a month just to locate where the thief was hiding, and it worked. (cr.Dramabeans)

Yoon Hyun Min plays the role of Kim Sun Jae, an elite detective who rarely goes on-site. Suave and fashionably chic at first glance, he doesn’t seem like the stereotypical police investigator, but his intellect and skills are top-notch. His cold, calculating, evidence-based approach to cases is supposed to be a foil for Park Gwang Ho’s human-driven, hands-on approach. (Dramabeans)

Lee Yoo-young plays Shin Jae-yi, a U.K.-raised psychology lecturer with a Ph.D. The character wrote her thesis on serial killers who target women and is a recognized name in academic circles. Although she had no plans to teach in Korea, she is presented with the opportunity to do so and accepts, leading to her involvement in the case. (Dramabeans)

Posters:

fullsizephoto825389.jpg

Notes

1. PDnim Kim Young Chul dropped out the drama in the middle of filming,citing the personal reason and he was replaced with PD Sin Yong Hwi.

Trailer:

1.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

tagging: @Min2206 @Sleepy Owl @kokodus @booha @fighting @willenette @MayanEcho @joccu @ailanthus @pompyavi @Ameera Ali @lexicon @blademan @kiklaminHo @jongski @tiMadam @andy78 @Thong Thin @Dramanoona @mekeo117 @maddymappo @Nodame @corey 

re: @Lmangla

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, corey said:

I notice I have not been tagged [pouts].

Oh no! :scream: I just included the people whom I recall telling that they were interested in a rewatch + some people from the old Tunnel thread.

I will fix it! :dorakiss:

EDIT: Fixed it! Will you join? :kiss_wink:

3 minutes ago, corey said:

@partyon, yes, I am aware of it, no romance in OCN dramas. Still there should be plenty of other things to nitpick, right? :P

Yes,  I can already warn you that the lighting in this drama is bad. :D I don't know why OCN wants to make dark and edgy dramas in the fashion that you sometimes hardly can see what's going on in some scenes. :D

Since I am a huge fan of thrillers, this one certainly didn't disappoint. I remember liking it (almost) as much as I liked Signal. Can't recall other flaws in it, but I guess I will remember once I start watching it. :D

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks for the tag @partyon :kiss_wink:

I'll do my best to join, if I can squeeze it in. If not, I'll be visiting the thread from time to time, to read the individual comments and views. :smile:

@MayanEcho, I've watched this drama so many times already & as much as I want to join, my schedule nowadays won't permit me.....sigh................ Like you, in case I'll be around here surely, I will drop by on this thread to comment perhaps or lurk - hahaha - :rickroll:

@partyon, thanks dear for the tag but, I've said this to you some days back. Also, thanks for making & putting this drama on your list. For me, it's a good series. It was a very nice crime drama with a side of time travel. For those who haven't watched this yet, well, if you are up to that kind of twists, I highly recommend Tunnel.  There was the perfect amount of romance in this drama; the plot, (it was mind-blowing) the suspense, the characters' bonds... PERFECT! This show is thriller and it definitely made my heart beat really fast in every episode. Nobody died, don't worry. hahaha - Guys, hope you enjoy re-watching or watching with a group! This is one of my favorites. I only wish the time travel aspect was a little more developed. :popcornjackson:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

I've watched this drama so many times already & as much as I want to join, my schedule nowadays won't permit me.....sigh................ Like you, in case I'll be around here surely, I will drop by on this thread to comment perhaps or lurk - hahaha

The drama must be really that good that you've seen it many times! But sadly, life, so even if I wanna say yes, I may not be able to. But for sure, I'd enjoy lurking whenever I can to read the posts. 

:selfie2:

I love really loved Tunnel..:approves:

tumblr_ontd2kQwjN1u9kr3fo10_r1_400.gifv

There's nice blending of crime thriller and time travel with interesting casts.. It's not as scary as few other OCN dramas. I remember starting the drama before last two week remaining because I don't think watching a thriller drama ongoing is my thing. For me the main attraction in the drama was Choi Jin Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min is nice too but who surprised me most was Lee Yoo Young here. Before Tunnel I've watched her in a movie but her deep acting and character transition in Tunnle left quite an impression in my mind. Above all I had fun watching how the major characters were very interesting and interacted with each other. 

tunnelchick.jpg

Anyways, I can't say if I'm in or not yet.. But may be I'll visit time to time. :)

Edit: Just noticed drama's can be nominated for rewatch. I don't know if I can say it here but--

Spoiler

Don't know if there was any rewatch event done for Choi Jin Hyuk's legal drama Pride and Prejudice. In case it hasn't yet I would like to nominate it. Please tag me if it happens..) Thank You.

Archived