EVENT: [Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널 RE-WATCH

partyon

Final poll: Thoughts about Tunnel  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Tunnel? (choose as many as you like)

• The plot was intense and kept me invested until the very end.
    • The drama was so suspenseful. I kept biting my nails.
    • Man, I cried so many times.
    • I'm sad it's over.
    • Great acting especially by the leads
    • The villains were interesting and had many dimensions to their story lines
    • I was confused by the time travel element
    • Oppa looked hot
    • I wish they had showed more of what happened in the end and how Prof.Shin and Seon Jae's lives changed.
    • It was fine, but I wouldn't watch it again.
    • Nah, not my cup of tea.
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. Which plot twists surprised you the most? (choose max 3)

• That Prof. Shin was Park Kwang Ho's daughter
    • Seon Jae's real identity
    • That Mok Jin U was a serial killer
    • Every time someone tried to strangle or kidnap Prof. Shin out of the blue
    • How the young Park Kwang Ho got his name
    • That Yeon Sook had passed away in the future timeline
    • Something else. What?
    • Nothing surprised me because I had watched this drama before / I am an amateur detective
  3. 3. Do you think the future changed once Park Kwang Ho returned to the 1980s?

• Yes, Prof Shin (Park Yeon Ho) and Seon Jae grew up happily "together". Mok Jin U was caught earlier, and young Park Kwang Ho survived.
    • Not sure. Wish they had explored this part more in the drama.
    • No, I don't think so.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2021 at 07:00 PM

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to have more time for next episode.   @partyon  Mian he
Saw Epi 2 - that Uni professor Shin is his daughter?   She is scarily serious.

The bus episode was funny.  He used his hand to touch the reader to get on the bus. :D    And then he spotted a police patrol car and hitch a ride - smart !

9 hours ago, corey said:

@Min2206, yes, I noticed that particular gem of a line, ha ha ha

I will be commenting on fashion in my notes to the episodes as well.

I was 15 in 1986 (yes, I am that old) so I suppose I am qualified - I do remember these times quite well.

Hehe, looking forward to it
Kid Smiling GIF - Kid Smiling Happy - Discover & Share GIFs | Smile gif,  Happy gif, Cute love gif

tunnel_ep_2_5958.jpg?w=605&h=306

tunnel_ep_2_5726.jpg?w=605&h=307

19 hours ago, partyon said:

@flutterby06 @booha Feel free to nominate a Joo Won drama. :kiss_wink:

@booha lol at the hoarding of toilet paper. :joy: Never understood the toilet paper calamity, and still don't understand it. :joy:

Our small brain is jampacked with 86 billion neurons.  So it’s inevitable that unexplainable/ illogical  things like toilet paper obsession occur.  haha :lol:   So (being generous) I would like to say… Humanity comes in many shades :joy:

Vcv4riW.gif

9 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Well, the 1986 Park Kwang Ho didn't like the tight jeans :D

@corey

3r7sCtf.gif

Male fashion styles around 1986:

PCGz2gY.jpg

2v8 parting pomade hairstyle
corded velveteen pants (corduroy)

rgAM5DL.jpg

Spoiler

turtleneck

uZELofj.jpg

Nicoboco sneakers (best fashion item during 90’s)

nuSgwvu.jpg

Overfit leather jumper

w9ON661.jpg

belly pants (high waist)

asKeOnP.jpg

Hello dear everyone !

It’s my first time watching Tunnel !

just finished 1st ep of tunnel 

Since I had watched time travel crime  kdrama signal could’nt stop myself running into thoughts of Signal  kdrama as I watch Tunnel !

And both have got Gyeongi serial murder case in hand.

But portrayed differently and that makes the difference with each drama having its own uniqueness ! 

I have this bad feeling that detective Kwang Ho’s wife is going to die soon ?! 

Am I wrong !

And this feelings get even stronger as.....

Spoiler

The same actress was used in Signal as detective lee jae han’s lover who was one of the victims of Gyeongi serial murder case !

spacer.png

Moreover somewhere back in 2018 I remember me spoiling myself with one of the scene in drama...

Spoiler

Where kwang ho cries over his dead wife 

Curious how things will turn out in this drama !

And moreover am i the only who feels odd about that pathologist who does autopsy !

And I seriously don’t like the chief detective who does not take out hints into consideration , after all he is a senior officer who would have a lot of experience in his pocket, donno for what reason he takes things lightly ! 

1. The scene with father and son waiting for their beloved one melt my heart and brought tears in my eyes.

As he weeped infront of the body, the hairs on my hands stood up ! 

That scene touched my heart !

Life is indeed unfair :criesariver:

I was at the edge of my seat when the first ep was about to finish !

This drama has caught my eyes ! 

Can’t wait to watch next ep ....so am doing everything that i gotta do (my daily works) in rush.

So that i can watch the next ep !

Lot more doubts to ask .. but lemme see how the drama unfolds everything !

ps: le me 

as i watch the last scene 

“take that stone detective . It has got all the five finger prints of the culprit on it. Go get it fast” 

spacer.png

Me now in Epi 3

SPOILERS

Spoiler

1.   That big-eyed professor lady hardly smiles ... and whoa, during her lecture, she asked a student to tape (tie) the hands of another student ...didn't know they conduct this type of programme - interesting

2.   Park Kwang Ho (PKH) is so pissed with his partner Kim SJ - Kim kept saying, "please make sure you know how to address me" 
tunnel_ep_3_0929.jpg?w=605&h=308

tunnel_ep_3_0930.jpg?w=605&h=309
Hey, I am way older than you .. i am your ahjussi .. wait, I was born in 1988 - dang!   I am pissed too

3.  PKH dunno how to use smart phone.    He wanted one, I guess.  

4.  And dang, PKH really went all out to search for clues ..... manually ... the old way.    Let's see, let's see WHO will listen to who.   Cos the detectives in his section feel that PKH is talking  #*#&@*&$.

Just getting into this! Will be watching the 4 episodes for the first time tonight and over the weekend! :sweatingbullets:

First came across the male lead in Devilish Joy :wub: I'll return to this thread next week when I'm more equipped! 

@_jeslyn Welcome to the rewatch! :kiss_wink:

@4evrkdrama @corey @Min2206 Thanks for your comments about ep 1 and 2. It's nice to hear your thoughts. For me, I am watching this for the second time. I remember some of the stuff from last time, but I have forgotten a lot too. I will be posting my thoughts on ep 1 and 2 later today. :cheers:

@booha Thanks for the pictures of oppa! Despite him being too tall to be in 1986 (like @corey said), and having pretty hideous fashion, he's looking hot. :love:

A reminder to everyone about the re-watch rules:

Please stick to the re-watch schedule when commenting, meaning that currently comments about ep 1 and 2 are allowed. We can comment on 2 new episodes per week, meaning that ep 3&4 comments are only allowed starting next week's Thursday.

Also, if you have watched this drama before or have read spoilers about upcoming episodes and reveals, please do not add upcoming drama spoilers into this thread. It will take away from the enjoyment of chingus watching this drama for the first time.

Thanks for your co-operation. :dorakiss:

PS. If people get really excited about this drama, and there is interest to watch this drama at a faster pace (say 3 or even 4 episodes per week), please let us know and we will organize a poll to ask if people would like to adjust the schedule. :kiss_wink:

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

@_jeslyn Welcome to the rewatch! :kiss_wink:

@4evrkdrama @corey @Min2206 Thanks for your comments about ep 1 and 2. It's nice to hear your thoughts. For me, I am watching this for the second time. I remember some of the stuff from last time, but I have forgotten a lot too. I will be posting my thoughts on ep 1 and 2 later today. :cheers:

@booha Thanks for the pictures of oppa! Despite him being too tall to be in 1986 (like @corey said), and having pretty hideous fashion, he's looking hot. :love:

A reminder to everyone about the re-watch rules:

Please stick to the re-watch schedule when commenting, meaning that currently comments about ep 1 and 2 are allowed. We can comment on 2 new episodes per week, meaning that ep 3&4 comments are only allowed starting next week's Thursday.

Also, if you have watched this drama before or have read spoilers about upcoming episodes and reveals, please do not add upcoming drama spoilers into this thread. It will take away from the enjoyment of chingus watching this drama for the first time.

Thanks for your co-operation. :dorakiss:

PS. If people get really excited about this drama, and there is interest to watch this drama at a faster pace (say 3 or even 4 episodes per week), please let us know and we will organize a poll to ask if people would like to adjust the schedule. :kiss_wink:

Oops .. I forgot ... hehe
Slap Myself GIFs | Tenor

I shall slap myself again

Will talk about Epi 1 and 2 

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

I am seeing this lady for 2nd time.   First in Uncanny Counter.  
She looks mixed.

Moon Sook is a very beautiful lady!  :love:

@Min2206 No worries about forgetting about the rules. :kiss_wink: Glad to see you so excited about the drama.

@corey I was born that year so I have no real memories of that time. that is the reason I would go to the past.

I do know that the fashion was awful  but the nineties was even more awful.  I don't really want to go to future and see what might happen.  past is more cool for me. 

It so funny to always see people who comes form the past to future and everything is so new. the stuff you knew is now old. 

47 minutes ago, corey said:

when I saw my first PC computer with DOS (does anyone here still know what it is?).

kekeke... I remember DOS computers! so I remember our computer lessons. they showed us a computer and said this is a computer. wrote down a bunch of commands on the blackboard which we dutifully copied down in our notebook. and then asked us to type it on a computer. the entire class taking turns one by one. then we were all bored and just wanted it to end. hahahahaha... from five inches to 3.5 and then to CD and then to pen drives.

I don't know if kids even take typing tutor lessons. that was our computer test. we just had to sit and do that program over and over on the computer. but it proved to be useful later! :)

Chingus, here are my thoughts about ep 1 and 2.

Forgive me for not posting a lot - normally I would be posting all kinds of theories. Because I have already watched this drama, I can't post all of my thoughts because they would be spoilers. :D

Ep 1

• I really liked the blind date - it was way cute. :love:  Park Gwang Ho is so dedicated to his work that even his colleagues are setting him up with ladies.... lol
    And he was so confident, saying that he has a warm heart and wanting to hold her hand. Why so cute, oppa? :heart3:
  • One thing I found super realistic was the fact that they sure were contaminating the crime scenes in the 80s. :joy: I read about the Hwaseong serial murder case, and one of the issues of the case is that they kept contaminating the crime scenes, thus losing precious evidence.
  • I also noticed that "jerk" is the most used word in this drama. :joy:
  • When that kid who killed all those dogs said that "Do you need a reason to kill someone?" I just got the chills....

Ep 2

• So Park Gwang Ho is in 2016 now and boy was he confused in the beginning. Probably because of his head injury
  • I laughed so much once he became the maknae of the team. I think it's gonna be hilarious seeing him trying to fit into that role.
  • I also laughed when he was complaining about the tight pants - I don't mind the tight pants on you oppa

eyebrows flirting GIF

@corey My parents had a DOS.

I can't never forget Palme. I was born in the same day that he was buried. 

then there was Chernobyl accident. 

I seriously hate when kids kill animal. I know it has a link to psychopaths but still. 

@partyon Oh the blind date was so nice scene.:heartxoxo:

1 hour ago, corey said:

@partyon I wonder what was the original word that was spoked that was translated as "jerk". Was it 새끼 (saekki)? If so, then it was one of the first words in Korean that I picked from watching K-Dramas....it is used a lot in other dramas too.

It can also mean a guy, a kid, someone young, unless it is 나쁜 새끼 (nabbeun saekki), which means a bad person - a jerk basically. ..

Yeah, they used both saekki and nappeun saekki in almost every second sentence. :joy:

@joccu @Ameera Ali @MayanEcho @Sleepy Owl @4evrkdrama @flutterby06 @agenth @Nodame @tiMadam @Thong Thin @booha @_jeslyn @corey @Min2206

@Lmangla

Feel free to share your comments about the first 2 episodes.

What did you like?

Did you find anything scary?

Was oppa cute? :kiss_wink:

How quickly do you think oppa will get used to modern technology?

Does oppa look better in 1980s pants or 2016 pants?

What's up with the tunnel....?

I am also thinking of putting up a new poll. Please let me know if you have any ideas with regard to great poll questions.

happy dancing GIF

@corey

I think you and me are about the same age.

My first hand-on to computer was DOS and the OS is Win 98, computer screen is green and is a 8 bit machine.

Instead of MS Excel, we were using Multiplan ( spreadsheet)

@joccu  how can anyone kill a living creature, is total insane and cruel.

My children are being nurtured to shower care and love at a very young age. They love to adopt any cats or 

dogs found on the street which makes me happy But i have to stopped them cause I have no place to put them in my house.

My thoughts for this week.

How can oppa be so cute when comes to blind date, going under the table to call gf and was caught red-handed .

Poor oppa, isn't there a better approach then to use a torch at night to signal gf out.

I like the statement from the reporter "you look better after you get married". 

Ehhh... all those dead girls skin color looks unnatural and their laying position is on one side.

And that Uni Lady Professor, she has a scary look and give me chills when i look into her eyes.

:w00t:  why is my pants so tight !

Oppa, the tighter the better, we wanna see b***e

Archived