[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

4 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@agenth

Ahahah the entire time that male house helper tried to loot off with the stolen jewellery (it look tacky af Idc how much it costs) I kept asking "Why didn't the alarms go off?!". 

this blue diamond I think is real and costs a fortune

but thats one thing ...there is no actual tight security inside the house ! 

they might have security outside..but the main maids seems to be in control ? 

who watches the CCTV

they not worried cause the stuff cant be sold or somthin

MIL ..gave the trashcan to the right person..now she knows everything and she is the pandora box...

grandma might also be a  mistress killer 

so the tutor was using the ID of another who was a real tutor , and that's how the info on her always checked out.. but is she officially dead or just fake dead 

mother emma seems to be everywhere at the right time  for some reason..

if this was a movie ill say she can be an  unreliable narrator 

i am also have the FEELING that she is connected to HS 

at the moment everybody seems to patronize HS in an annoying fashion almost ..i hope she surprises them ..this far almost everybody else showed their tru colors .. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, not sure where to start. This drama is really good and it's just getting better.

One of the things I like most about this drama is the background music. Not sure who has been composing it but it does a great job at making the drama convey a certain ambience in each scene. :glasses:

It's settled then? Ji Yong is a psycho. The tutor is a psycho.

Hi Soo is the only good person Ha Joon has in this world, and it's scary to see that his birth parents are dangerous people. I just hope that Hi Soo can protect him somehow from them. :bawling:

It's clear that Ji Yong only cares about what is his. He even used the word "Mine" when speaking to Seo Hyun. And for him the kids are possessions that will allow him to succeed in this world. He was quick in kicking out the tutor from his home once he found out that Hi Soo was pregnant.

He doesn't love his wife, he only cares about having a child that is legitimate (unlike himself and Ha Joon). The legitimate child will allow him to gain more power.

Barf.

Mother Emma is just so shady... She's always conveniently showing up in different scenes or calling at a critical moment. I can't shake off the feeling that there is smth fishy about her.

Can I just say that I am so in awe of Seo Hyun? She's just the coolest strongest woman in this drama. :fullofhearts:

She's had to give up on happiness in order to fulfill the demands of society and her family. It must be really tough on her and she's very lonely. But she's the boss of the family, and Ji Yong sees her as a real threat to his success and existence.

That's why I think that the ultimate showdown will be between Ji Yong and Seo Hyun....

And it warms my heart that Seo Hyun and Hi Soo are growing closer as friends. I think they are a real power duo and I hope to see them join forces to bring down the bad people around them.

:wow1:

My esteemed EO colleague @Sleepy Owl and I have put together some questions for you about ep 5 and 6. @Sleepy Owl will post the poll in a bit. :kiss_wink:

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@agenth

Ahahah the entire time that male house helper tried to loot off with the stolen jewellery (it look tacky af Idc how much it costs) I kept asking "Why didn't the alarms go off?!". 

Yeah it's pretty illogical for this house to have no security, especially since it's so fancy, and that there are no security at the safe itself. Besides, they spent so much money making a safe with special keys that look futuristic but can be easily dismantled ??? I'd rather have that someone lose those keys and then the butler manages to open the safe lol. 

Someone who is so greedy to steal the diamond wouldn't leave all the gold bars in peace. But he only took the necklace. That's kinda weird that all those people know of the safe (and that there are no cameras - except of head maid apparently lol), that they go crazy once they hear about/saw the necklace at that dinner party. That necklace is pretty much like the ring in Lord of the Rings, making everyone go insane and their logic shut off. 

Seohyun is the MVP here. I love her so much! 

i think it was meant to be an irony.. that a secret safe is opened with stupid tools.. its the parody part

but the diamond was meant to be for someone not announced...and if we are to hear the will  ..THEN THE CHAIRMAN MUST DIE FIRST

SO i made my research on the diamond  .. and its the work of  designer  ( cha sun young )

its supposed to be a player in the show ..so it was designed thru close work between the artist and the drama staff...the style is inspired by art deco

드라마마인목걸이 블루다이아몬드 파나쉬차선영주얼리로 눈호강! : 네이버 블로그

Chingus, @partyon Noona and I came up with the questions for this week's episodes, and the poll is up. Please don't forget to vote :heartxoxo: 

@Min2206, @joccu, @4evrkdrama, @Tango27, @agenth, @backstreetboysfan, @africandramalover, @airgelaal, @ponderings, @qynn, @Latte_Anyday, @tulip06, @rocher22, @andy78, @acidrain33, @Thong Thin, @americanchai, @Samuel Yohanes, @marrez1, @angelbeast90, @emmie

Re: @partyon, @Lmangla 

40 minutes ago, Tango27 said:

i think it was meant to be an irony.. that a secret safe is opened with stupid tools.. its the parody part

but the diamond was meant to be for someone not announced...and if we are to hear the will  ..THEN THE CHAIRMAN MUST DIE FIRST

SO i made my research on the diamond  .. and its the work of  designer  ( cha sun young )

its supposed to be a player in the show ..so it was designed thru close work between the artist and the drama staff...the style is inspired by art deco

Mh yeah I suppose. It just makes this household stupid for not having a good security system, and it's a wonder nobody stole from them before the blue diamond saga. I mean it was a joke anyway, since the butler, if smart, would have taken the gold bars, not the unique necklace, to sell. 

Poll:

1. Jiyong only cares about himself and the people as tools/extension/reflection of him. It's very clear when he first shows emotions, when hearing about his wife's pregnancy. His first reaction was not concern for her, but for his baby, because she was driving. His social interactions are more for gratification, when he planned out everything so he can become the chairman. 

2. I first suspected Mother Emma when she stuffed her bag with all the food that was laid out when she first tried to meet with Seohyun. Because she did it very shamelessly and in her case, I'd have just asked for them to box it up before it goes to waste. I think nobody would frown in that situation, since she does run an orphanage, right? But she put the food in her BIRKIN lol... from then on she always conveniently appeared / prevented things to unravel. She is also the person the two female leads now turn to. 

3. My reaction to young maid and master / the way this plotline was introduced. I'm the woman in this gif lol. The guy is maid/master scenes.

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

This loveline makes no sense, as I mentioned many times. I'm gonna stop there with the gif only lol.

The tutor reviled information to the journalist about Ha-Joon and Soo-Hyeok. Ok, she announced that Hi-Soo is not Ha-Joon's birth mother. But what about Soo-Hyeok? It sounds like nonsense for me, but maybe it's not?

you dont need security once you have big brother around ( mrs maid )

this part reminds me of long ago.. we lived next to a rich man ..he had all sorts of riches stacked in the house but the man was abroad .he had a couple of guards with their families ..

it turned out.. the guards were stealing stuff from the house  bit by bit.. and selling it .. they even sold something to us.. 

@airgelaal

the eldest step son is not illegal ,I guess ..but the marriage seems to have been not in the news or shady ..their story is a head 

I laughed so hard at Nodeuk flying away and that Big Madam not seeing it.

re the young master and maid in the poll, I’m going to say this once and not argue with anyone who loves them: they bore me as a trite storyline, and their very expressions are dull and meaningless. I find them bad actors in this drama too, flat and irritating. So, keeping in mind that I have limited time, and a lot I want to see and read, and a lot to do in life, I am skipping them.

@tulip06

They bore me too. They should've picked an actor who look "rich"? But he probably takes after his perm haired dad. 

Apart from looks I don't get why his acting is so wooden here. He's been in quite a few dramas already. He's a former idol as well. No wonder they get such bad rep. 

The other idol turned actor that I see has bad acting skills is Cha Eun Woo. Even Ro Woon did amazing on "She Would Never Know". I don't see any chemistry between him & the girl. Their loveline seem very contrived? 

Idc for the Young Master and the maid's loveline. I don't detest their relationship. I watch their scenes but I don't feel the fluffs. During the first episode, it was interesting because they shared this mysterious vibe like 'oh maybe they knew each other pre-hiring and have some better un-expecting story?' but it turned out he just wanted her bed. I do think the pacing messed up that up and ruined that spark... And maybe that pink filter they keep putting over their scenes.  

It's like we've only seen them trade bedrooms like 3 or 4x over having deep feels conversations, they've gone through a hurdle of her being kicked, and now that she's back - they're in love? I guess they vibe well together spiritually and they don't need more time together to know? However, that developed too fast for me and it's still pretty much another cinderella-esque plot. 

Side thought on this week's epi:

Nodeok's scene was the akwardest scene I've watched in a while. Everyone was in awe but I'm here like:

Larry David Reaction GIF

I'm 40% sure he won't spread his feathers 'cause that cage is too small...And minus the symbolism, I don't understand owning a peacock in general. heh rich people.

4 hours ago, tofumochu said:

Nodeok's scene was the akwardest scene I've watched in a while. Everyone was in awe but I'm here like:

I'm 40% sure he won't spread his feathers 'cause that cage is too small...And minus the symbolism, I don't understand owning a peacock in general. heh rich people.

For me the most ridiculous part of ep 6 was No Doek's escape. Peacocks can't fly!

They can only kind of leap and fly for a bit, but No Doek was soaring in the sky with the moon in the background. lol Made me think of E.T. :D

Extra Terrestrial Moon GIF by PeacockTV
Did they not research peacocks before they filmed the drama?:loolz:

i also fast forward whenever its the young servant and the young master, their chemistry is just way below under radar hehhee. 

With the twisted trash Ji yong, when he watched the mixed martial arts bout with betting, it seemed has similarity with his current wife HiSoo and tutor fight. 

Btw, the tutor has a modelesque figure. 

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

Untitled.png

just how pretty everything is..the colors and the shots like a painting itself

that's what you get from a female PD.. 

I saw an article saying the minimalist style of the houses might be influenced by the film ( parasite ) ..which might be true.. cause the child in the show is also from the film

one character that might be called a ( parasite ) is MRS head maid.. she lives on the secrets of her employers .. both making money out of it and having fun watching  

Mine is getting negative attention due to remarks made by Kim Jung Hwa (Seohyun's lover)'s husband. He made homophobic remarks and since then the actress and her husband are under fire by knetizens. Her agency made a comment, though it does not take away the severity of the issue, as they only apologise for the "causing concern", not the bad message itself. 

I'm very conflicted because I am worried about how this storyline will end up, considering the husband said that a character would "go back to normal". 

Sources:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-jung-hwa-backlash-christians-lesbian/

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actress-kim-jung-hwa-apologizes-husband-comment-character-k-drama-mine/

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/05/mine-actress-kim-jung-hwa-under-fire-after-husband-yoo-eun-sungs-comments-about-homosexuality

I love the Young Master and Maid and honestly hope the show will go a surprisingly route and have them end up happy together. I get the feeling this show is gonna need at least someone to end up happy because most won't.

Honestly that homophobic line was truly ugh. As soon as he said that, I was like, "And your point? She was in love with a woman, so what? Love knows no boundaries and that a-hole can go F himself." The only way to fix this is to have SH end up with her love and show that homophobia will not come out on top. Or at least have everyone find out and accept it instead of acting like that a-hole did about it.

How come the drama played so many nice music but your tube only show 1 result “This is mine” sigh.. and I like the song that the young master kiss The Maid moment on episode 5. Don’t know the title... sigh 

I voted yes Ji Yong genuinely loves Hi Soo. Just from watching episode 1&2. I have read every ones comment and still chose that option. I took in to account how he grew up and the way he is treated in the family. It is understandable he is crazy about power because his mother had live in hiding and his siblings don’t really like him. They probably always mention he was only half.  Why did JY marry HS, 1 because she is genuinely a nice person and she is kind to his kid. He is very respectful to his wife and that is why I  find it shocking that he was actually kicking her out. 
I just wanted to be the odd ball out by voting. 
Mother Emma was always shady because from the 1 episode she seems very suspicious, especially when she ran to police stations 2. She told the Maid the rich are greedy and are in hell. She also said she knew them well.  What does that actually mean??? 

On 5/25/2021 at 2:41 AM, partyon said:

For me the most ridiculous part of ep 6 was No Doek's escape. Peacocks can't fly!

They can only kind of leap and fly for a bit, but No Doek was soaring in the sky with the moon in the background. lol Made me think of E.T. :DDid they not research peacocks before they filmed the drama?

Your post is so funny, lol! I think they did it on purpose, as it fits the focus the drama sometimes adopts in showing the absurd side of the life of the 1%, including absurd beliefs. The way that peacock was filmed when flying away (did I see glitters?) made me think of two things: 1) the poor thing was losing his mind, and was ready to do the impossible to not deal with YSH anymore; 2) it reminded me of a phoenix (flying toward its freedom), making me wonder if it was an allegory for one of the characters. If yes, let's remember that a phoenix is known for rising from his ashes, which means he must die first before becoming a bird of fire. => Is there a lead who will have a near death experience, but will rise up again on fire and a changed new woman?

Archived