[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

I'm finally caught up.  Sports has took my life over so haven't really have time to watch this amazing drama. 

I really feared that HISOO would lose her child and that came reality.  Her husband is not human. He's trash, moster and psychopath.  I do wonder how much does remember his birth mother?  Has he even seen her?   

Like @partyonsaid I also had the suspicion that Emma would be JY birth mother. She was too suspicious to not be his mother.

I really like that two daughter in-laws are finally teaming up. They are stronger together. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

My thoughts on Ep 7

Ji-Yong – killing two birds with one stone, having affair and still in contact with tutor when he is already married to Hi-Soo. He is a BIG liar from the beginning and when he finds out Hi-Soo is pregnant with his child, he shows that he cares for Hi-Soo but in actual fact, he does not. He only cares for the unborn child.

Jin-Ho – lonely guy who needs love and care, but nobody seems to acknowledge & understand him. Well, can’t blame him if he goes fling around with other ladies. Hope he finds happiness in the coming episodes.

Ha-Joon – bonding with Hi-Soo is so motherly love. I had teary eyes when Ha-Joon told Hi-Soo that he remembered his birth mother from her scent at a young age and during the horse back riding incident, Ha-Joo keep by himself knowing that his birth mom is right with him. Poor boy must be very confused.

Seo-Hyun – flashback shows that the Chairman has already in his mind whom he would take in as Chairman for Hyowoon Group.

We have seen so many kdrama, normally the Chairman post goes to the son but in this case is not.  There must be reasons why Ji-Yong or Jin-Ho are not fit for the Chairman post.

So, Seo-Hyun who is capable and trustworthy is the right candidate as Chairman .

Mother Emma – who seems very spooky likely fits into the shoe as Ji-Yong birth mother.

She tries to stop Hi-Soo from seeing Ji-Yong cheating on her few times and when Jin-Ho talk bad about Ji-Yong, she gets annoyed. She visited the Chairman in the hospital alone without any Hyowoon family members around and hold his hand.

I join hands with @partyon @Sleepy Owl  @agenth  that ME is Ji-Yong birth mum.  

Heart wrenching scene, Hi-Soo miscarriage..blood sprawling on the floor and Seo-Hyun took her hand. Seo-Hyun who has not given birth before can feels how heart breaking and painfull to loose your first unborn child. I believe both Seo-Hyun and Hi-Soo will join hands to fight and bring justice to Ji-Yong.

Spoiler

OIP.QwvfgEmdpCRtjZsLggXkbgHaE8?w=248&h=1

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, qynn said:

I hope it's mostly against Ji-yong. I wouldn't mind if the tutor even helped. She was used by Ji-yong too. 

i hope that too...he needs to pay...maybe the women will become a team and fight for their right to be happy and free ...

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

I am Kim Seo Hyung's number one groupie y'all!! That woman is all kinds of HOT!!

All the pining, sighing, hoping, staring, hand holding that she and Suzy Choi are doing is gonna give me a heatstroke!! While I don't expect the lesbian love story of the century, I hope that we can get one meeting of the two in the present day, even if they are saying goodbye to each other. 

Is there an alliance forming? Hee Soo, Seo Hyun and the tutor against their common enemy Ji Yong? That last scene in Episode 7 with the three of them in such a vulnerable scene looked like foreshadowing to me.....

I wrote the above before Episode 8 aired and after watching it, I'm wondering which iceberg my ship hit!!:huh: Seo Hyun just cold turkey refused to even see Suzy!! 

I hope they didn't kill the storyline because of the scandal last week!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Head Maid: How many people does she "owe" / is their dog/minion (as she said she'd do anything for them)? I wasn't surprised to see her up to her old tricks after last episode she "allied" with Seohyun as she has 0 loyalty or ethics. TBH most of the time she just looks like one of us watching our kdramas, with that crazy glint in her eye if we don't get our latest fix. She just wants to know what is happening with the fabulous rich and is gleeful when getting information nobody else has.  

Interestingly, when pressed by head maid, Butler didn't give up his new bff Jiho. I really think they bonded over him being blackmailed. Jiho called him smart hahahaa. I suppose in his view, yes, even though butler got caught trying to fence a unique necklace instead of grabbing the gold lol, but those scenes still delighted me. Especially loved the part butler is telling Jiho basically he is too softhearted, that the guy expects people who betray to change. I smell a bromance already. 

It's clear Hisoo is playing a part now, when she first picked up her old script and read the lines, to her delivering lines to her husband. The showdown between the three ladies looked scripted to us, but Jiyong is an arrogant cheater and thinks he's the smartest in the room. He only suspects Hisoo next episode, not when she greeted him with a smile here. Apparently Jiyong isn't that delusional to think his wife would be happy sunshine with being lied to :D. The part I found a bit unrealistic here is that both Hisoo and the tutor would leave Hajoon be, in the lion's den, for a week, considering they both were super attached to him. 

I guess with the bigger picture of getting Hajoon out of this crazy rich asians meets psycho world, they are ok with loosening their hold on him. I'm curious to know what Seohyun (clearly it's her plan haha) has cooked up, since it's hard to imagine that Hajoon could leave the mansion. He is Jiyong's kid, and on paper Jiyong looks like a great father who has it all.

What I ask myself, when Jiyong gaslighted the grandma / put a show on that this was all her evil deeds, inserting the tutor in their lives, I wonder for whose benefit. Of course he probably assumed the head maid would listen in, but how could he plan that Seohyun instead would? This was probably for the viewer's benefit, to suspect Seohyun, but nah. Seohyun is awesome and not going to believe this act. 

For that matter, I was shaking my head when young master asked to arrange the engagement "before he would change his mind". Yeah, I knew it wouldn't happen. The only good thing is that he told his prospective fiancée instead of playing her, though this is quite humiliating. Poor girl, but expected, considering nobody had really pushed him for engagement. Sure, they had introduced the two and talked about it, but this non-proposal came out of left field. 

Things to look out for next episode:

• three sisters uniting against psychopath
  • more butler / jiho bromance in the maids bath (not the most subtle location, so expecting someone to peekaboo there)
  • Mother Emma skulking around more (I can't make heads and tails with these shots of her. Where she just walks, or stows her bags. She's SUS, we get it. But what more??)
  • Chairman suddenly waking up? For that matter, what happened during the will reading. Who's the new interim Chairman??? Somehow I don't think it's Seohyun, since Jiyong wasn't that pissed off at her. Maybe I'm wrong. 
  • Jiyong cried, so that means that hell froze over, the craziest thing happened already. 
  • Head maid being caught snooping AGAIN and not being fired.
  • Maid/master cozying up now that master is officially FREE. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

What an episode ep 8 was...

Thank God Relief GIF by Wiz Khalifa

It seems that Hi Soo has made up her mind. She wants to leave with Ha Joon and Seo Hyun will help her. Yay! :partyblob:

But let's talk about Ji Yong first.

So we got a glimpse into Ji Yong's childhood and state of mind in ep8. Seems his father had always encouraged him and never scolded him (way to make your child into a narcissist) but also had heard his mother tell him that he should never have been born. That is a great way to make a child confused, and make him feel unwanted and uncared for. Explains why he never formed a secure attachment with his caregivers.

Ji Yong cried twice in today's episode. It shows that he hasn't totally shut off his emotions, and I suspect that his obsession with underground fights is his way of dealing with his anger and resentment. It's his way of punishing his parents for what they did to him. By seeing other people hurt he feels that he can let go of his hurt in those moments.

I suspect that he has felt somewhat loved and secure in his relationship with Hi Soo, because he has been able to show his kind side to her. Unfortunately, he has hid his unstable side from her, and that is not how to make a relationship work, people. He would require years of therapy to let go of his demons, and it's not certain that he would ever be able to become a healthy stable partner for anyone despite that....

And it seems Hi Soo has come to the realization too. She's over him, and she's not scared to get her hands dirty. She's using her acting skills here, and fortunately she has quite a few people on her side to help her achieve her goal.

Seo Hyun is using her skills, connections and money to keep Hi Soo safe. And understanding how to free the elephant in the painting, was an important lesson in this episode. The walls are just a mirage that we place around ourselves.

Now we had several references to killing and threats in today's episode....

• The tutor told Ji Yong: "Then kill me"
  • Hi Soo told the tutor that "she would kill anyone who would come between her and Ha Joon"
  • Ji Yong told Seo Hyun "I guess you're not scared of me. If you keep provoking me, I don't know what I'll do...."
    To which Seo Hyun replied: "I'm not scared. Take your best shot!"
    Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

We know it's fairly certain that at least one of these threats will turn into reality. But which one?

This is my theory, and I'd like to hear what you chingus think. @agenth @Thong Thin @joccu @Sleepy Owl etc

1) We know Hi Soo will make it because she wakes up. There's a fire extinguisher lying next to her and a body. Whose body is it?

2) We see Ha Joon crying at the funeral. There is no male person standing next to him. Wouldn't his father stand next to him?

3) At first I thought that it must be the tutor, but the more I think about it, the more I am starting to suspect that it's Ji Yong.... I know that the horse shoe necklace is hanging around Ha Joon's neck to make us think it's his birth mother, and it very well could be. But I don't know....

The only way that Hi Soo can leave the house with Ha Joon, is if Ji Yong dies. If they divorce or he goes to prison, there is no way that she'll get Ha Joon. And I am totally convinced that the writer is going to give us a happy ending with Hi Soo and Ha Joon.

So, did Hi Soo kill him? I doubt it, because she'll go to prison. So either it was self-defense or someone else did it. My money is on the tutor. Would explain why the horse necklace is hanging around Ha Joon's neck in the funeral scene if she killed Ji Yong and went to prison.

You see, I think that the tutor has joined forces with Hi Soo and Seo Hyun here. The ending scene of ep8 might have all been an act. There is one thing that unites all 3 women, and that is hatred towards Ji Yong. They all want him gone, but for different reasons...

There is one catch though:

Surprisingly, the writer is clearly starting a "redemption arc" for Ji Yong here. We see why he acts the way he does and that he has feelings. It's so that the audience won't hate him 100%. The only other way Hi Soo could keep Ha Joon is if she decides to stay with Ji Yong and they reconcile. Otherwise the only other option is to kill him off....

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

I can't with that ridiculous outfit Hye Jin had on at the end of ep. 08:joy: Is she dressed for Halloween?!:lol:

So she died hm. And it looks either Hae Soo killed her by accident OR someone else framed her.. 

Mother Emma owns more than 1 designer bag? WoW. :thumbsup: That loud ahjumma with her dumb and dumber children:joy: the way Jin Ho revealed on Hye Jin's identity. I mean could he be any slower LoL?! 

Mind blown that Hyowon have a spa for their staff HELLo. :open_mouth: LMFAo at butler thinks Ji Young is ***! Wait until Ji Young finds out there's no baby. This is probably Hae Soo's biggest role to date ha-ha. 

My favorite person, without a doubt is Ms. Jung. So calm, charismatic. Love how she puts Ji Young & her MIL in their place; just with words. 

I guess Ms. Jung discovers that there never were obstacles there in the first place, they were planted in her subconscious but the answers are already there through the elephant artwork. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 4

New OST for MINE, love the sounds!

From the signs it sort of shows that it could be that the tutor is dead. The camera panned to Hajoon wearing the horse shoe necklace she gifted to him, and previously he hadn't worn it. The question also is, who is the murderer? Could be Jiyong who would go at great lengths to hold Hajoon back from leaving. 

I'm pretty sure that the end scene of episode 8 is an act and something the three women concocted together. Both the tutor and Hisoo are quiet for a week and haven't been shown what they do on screen. Jiyong is too narcisstic to think something is off, when Hisoo calls him and complains about illness. Once again all he cared was about "his baby". It could be that things turn dramatic / bloody once he finds out that there is no baby. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

22 minutes ago, agenth said:

I'm pretty sure that the end scene of episode 8 is an act and something the three women concocted together. Both the tutor and Hisoo are quiet for a week and haven't been shown what they do on screen. Jiyong is too narcisstic to think something is off, when Hisoo calls him and complains about illness. Once again all he cared was about "his baby". It could be that things turn dramatic / bloody once he finds out that there is no baby. 

He did say "our baby" once in ep 8. Not that it matters much because so far he's been saying "my baby" and "my child" for the most part.

I actually laughed for the first time in this drama when the butler found the burner phone with pictures of underground fighters, and now the butler and Jin Ho think that Ji Yong is gay. If they only knew the truth, I think they would be even more shocked. lol

@agenth At first, I also believed that the tutor is dead, but I am getting a feeling it could be Ji Yong instead. In the first scenes of the crime scene we couldn't really tell if both bodies were women's bodies, so I would need to go back and check. I am lazy though :D

I just remembered that a lot of people voted in the first poll that the other body could have been a man's...

If the tutor went to prison for killing Ji Yong, it would have made sense that Ha Joon would be wearing the necklace his birth mother gifted him before going to prison?

I just don't know how Hi Soo could end up getting custody of Ha Joon, if Ji Yong doesn't die...?

EDIT:

Chingus, I put up a poll. Please vote! :kiss_wink:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@partyon I like your idea that the dead person is JY. That could totally be the case. But my money for now is still the tutor. 

About the 3 ladies joining forces that I can totally see after watching ep 8. They all have common enemy. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, joccu said:

@partyon I like your idea that the dead person is JY. That could totally be the case. But my money for now is still the tutor

LOLs - I was totally convinced from the start that it's the tutor who died. But I am hoping that the writer is gonna be a bit more creative here, because it would be too obvious. I think we all have thought the other body is the tutor's from the start, no?

@joccu What do you think will happen to Ji Yong if the tutor dies?

Let's see how creative this writer will be in this one. She hasn't written any crime dramas before, so it could be very well that she won't be going the creative route.

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, qynn said:

I don't like the tutor, but I believe she does love Ha-joon. If Hi-soo does go into revenge mode, I hope it's mostly against Ji-yong. I wouldn't mind if the tutor even helped. She was used by Ji-yong too. 

SHE GAVE HIME AWAY AND TOOK THE MONEY,love her son?? she's just a witch, If she really loved her son, she should have respected the woman who raised and loved him,  she's not his mother , it's HISOO the mother

on the other hand the first scene has not yet arrived, I wonder if Hisoo would not be accused of murder

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon true the tutor dying is the most obvious and boring choice. So I would also hope for the writer having more creative.  Maybe the writer will go other way. 

Well if the tutor is going to be the person dying. I do hope that JY is going to be the one killing her. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Everything made sense in episode 8 except the tutor’s scenes. She is not rational. Either she is working with Hi Soo or she is not. What was that last dining room scene anyway? So Dynasty.

Otherwise, I liked this weekend’s episodes. Not great about the miscarriage, but it makes Hi Soo free of Ji Young.  And I suspect that Soo Hyun is the chairman now. :tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

SHE GAVE HIME AWAY AND TOOK THE MONEY,love her son?? she's just a witch, If she really loved her son, she should have respected the woman who raised and loved him,  she's not his mother , it's HISOO the mother

on the other hand the first scene has not yet arrived, I wonder if Hisoo would not be accused of murder

I think like mentioned before, her feelings are complex. She does respect Hi Soo and is grateful to her for her loving him deeply. She's very taken aback because she expected her to be not so hands-on. She thought she's just another greedy rich lady but she realised she was a genuine person, and that if it weren't for her, her son would be so damaged. She seems very status-conscious, but we don't know much of her past. It's clear she’s not well off because she gave Ha Joon up because she couldn't afford to raise him as a single mom. She thought money solves everything, and that in that household, Ha Joon would be better off. She didn't realise what came with it until know, and to some extent she does acknowledge, it's thanks to Hi Soo Ha Joon has been well.She does claim ownership over him because she gave birth to him and raised him for a short while, but she still doesn't realise how much Hi Soo had to fight to be his mom, even before she came in. It does look like she has it hard, but Hi Soo has been his mom from the get-go. You cannot just give him up and claim him again like an object. He's a child, not a possession. It doesn't occur to her that once you give up a child, you are also giving up paternity, your bond. I think if Ha Joon had to choose, he should probably choose Hi Soo, as she's the most stable parent. She's had to fight the hardest and is probably the only one who can give him a stable childhood. I think shes just blinded by greed and arrogance and is struggling to cope with reality. She's still foolish, once you “take” Ha Joon back, you will be back to being a single mother. He will just be your son. If that were to happen, that is.

Of course Hyowon family won't give him up, since he's their precious grandson that everyone knows. “Giving him up” is opening to many secrets and too much embarrassment for their image and business. The cream scandal was enough for them. If she does something dangerous she's putting herself and her son in danger, she's still blind to see that. To sum it up, I think she's just fragile and immature but not completely irredemable. She can evolve, if she truly loves her son, I believe she will realise she has to give him up now and be satisfied with being in his “tutor” or “aunt”. It's the best she can do for him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

I like the drama but it hasn't exactly been unpredictable. The tutor probably dies but it could be Ji-yong too. I hope it's Ji-yong.

The tutor was betrayed by Ji-yong, seemed genuinely upset by the miscarriage and stayed with Hi-soo even after she told her to go. We didn't see anybody trying to keep her mouth shut about the miscarriage either. There's no way the end of Episode 8 isn't an act IMO. 

ETA: If Ji-yong finds out about the miscarriage, I wouldn't be shocked if he kills the tutor and frames Hi-soo. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 2

To add on, I think if through some heavy miracle, the family does give him up : it won't be a situation where they will allow the tutor and Ha Joon to live happily as mom and son. 

If they were to do that, they will take Ha Joons identity. Like how they made it seem like the tutor was dead, they will probably cook up how he died too. The tutor and him would have to live under false identity without drawing much attention. 

It's very unlikely and not a good ending at all. 

It can only happen in if both Hi Soo and Ji Young are dead. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

“Mine” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Revolutionary Sisters” Surges Past 30 Percent

f8b1255a257b455eaf2e32c84a609bc2.jpeg?s=

May 31, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mine” shows no signs of slowing down!

On May 30, “Mine” earned its highest viewership ratings to date for the third consecutive episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 9.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels and setting a new personal record.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472092wpp/mine-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-revolutionary-sisters-surges-past-30-percent

• Like 3
  • Blob 2