[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

5 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The husband too suddenly is fine with the tutor, and it definitely is related to her talk with him while horse riding in the 2nd episode. She already met with MIL, and seeing that woman terrified and this tutor still at her place, I feel like she holds some cards here against both son and the MIL, that is preventing them from getting rid of her

The young maid the one who was initially chosen as tutor, also seems to be caught in web. The young dude has acting all he wants to, and does not really think how it will affect the young maid here. She too, will soon be ending up in big trouble. 

The husband doesn't look like he wants to get rid of the tutor. In fact, he actually smiles at her, and they almost held hands in the hallway in Episode 2, although he had a poker face when they first me. But now it just looks like he is going to watch the tutor drive his wife insane and gaslight her. Though it's interesting that the grandma isn't shouting about the tutor, even if she was scared or blackmailed, she'd just curse the tutor. This silent behaviour is very strange indeed. 

I've seen remarks that the tutor has a better relationship with Hajoon than Heesoo and I just don't see it. Heesoo has been there for him since he knows how to speak and walk. In all eyes she's his mum, but he got rattled by the rumours at school.

And I don't see the young maid as innocent party against the manipulative master. Sure, he is above her paygrade, but nobody would have fired her for refusing to switch rooms. All she had to do was say no and walk away. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Daym.. Seo hisoo is scary when she's mad. Though she's still too soft? to fire the tutor pronto despite the copious boundaries she has crossed. 

I'd like to see more of this stuffs than maids continually going around being sneaky and the tutor being eerie in the background.

By now we know she's def the bio mother of hajoon. Minus the rich corrupt law and her minimal chance for joint custody, I don't understand Jakyeoung's choice of route here. If I were Hisoo and witnessed all her creepy antics; I'd def be questioning visitation rights after the reveal. I'm sure they could've work out the co-parenting stuffs if they hadn't gotten off the wrong foot.

After all this, Imma have to take a break from Park Wonsuk/MIL for another half decade. I hope not to encounter variants of her evil mother archetype again - she's like fingernails against the chopsticks to my ears. :vicx:

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

@Sleepy Owl  it interesting that even thought the tutor is creepy as hell she knows what she's doing.  First to gain the son's heart and next she's going to try gain JY.  That should be easy for her if she's really rich.  The thing I'm wondering that if she's the birth mom does she really love her son/want to his mother or does she only want to power or some kind of revenge? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl  it interesting that even thought the tutor is creepy as hell she knows what she's doing.  First to gain the son's heart and next she's going to try gain JY.  That should be easy for her if she's really rich.  The thing I'm wondering that if she's the birth mom does she really love her son/want to his mother or does she only want to power or some kind of revenge? 

Same feel here @joccuabout the tutor, creepy and manipulative.   Still wondering whether she is the biological mom of Ha Joon.  Let's see what Epi 4 has to offer later.  Hopefully Hee Soo wakes up on time and put a stop, unless the hubby is plotting something with the tutor.  

I wonder what makes Seo Hyeon (1st DIL) picked Ja Kyung as the tutor - I remember seeing 2 interviews were conducted concurrently.  Seo Hyeon must have done background check on her, she is such a meticulous person. 

@partyon thanks for calling me here

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

I wonder what makes Seo Hyeon (1st DIL) picked Ja Kyung as the tutor - I remember seeing 2 interviews were conducted concurrently.  Seo Hyeon must have done background check on her, she is such a meticulous person. 

It was decided the Ja Kyung will work as maid, and the other one who was being interviewed by Hi Soo would be the tutor. Seo Hyun even told Ja Kyung that Hi Soo hired someone else as tutor and she will work as maid. But then, she saw her husband checking the tutor out. Well, Seo Hyun does know about her husband's apparent affairs with women (she mentioned it in the 2nd episode) and gambling problems, but doing the same with a maid in the house would lead to problems, and in order to avoid it, she spoke to Hi Soo again recommending her to be hired as the tutor. 

2 hours ago, joccu said:

Well you see, as the name of the drama itself suggests, she has come back for what she thinks is "Mine". We have constantly seen her wear Hi Soo's clothes, overstep her boundaries acting as the kid is her child, sitting in her chair in her study etc. So I am sure that this tutor is seeing everything there to be hers, including JY, and the kid. 

She is also back for revenge though. The shouting MIL lost her breathe in front of her. She must have been shocked to see her, at the same time, I am sure that she has got something against them. I think when Hi Soo will try to fire her, the MIL will prevent it from happening. 

So far I am liking both the FLs, but I am liking Seo Hyun a bit more. Hi Soo is all smart, knows how to deal with problems in a rational way, but is still naïve. Seo Hyun on the other hand has been playing mind games. Nothing evil from her side so far, and I feel like we might see the FLs work together actually, but she has been making her moves with care and does not really trust anyone in the house. Also it is quite interesting how she is staying away from conflicts, after actually being the one starting them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So far I am liking both the FLs, but I am liking Seo Hyun a bit more. Hi Soo is all smart, knows how to deal with problems in a rational way, but is still naïve. Seo Hyun on the other hand has been playing mind games. Nothing evil from her side so far, and I feel like we might see the FLs work together actually, but she has been making her moves with care and does not really trust anyone in the house. Also it is quite interesting how she is staying away from conflicts, after actually being the one starting them. 

Thanks for the info @Sleepy Owl  I know I can rely on you.
Agree on Hee Soo - she is smart yes but naive.  I really hope Seo Hyun will help her, maybe midway, there is a twist.  She needs to save herself too if caught in a situation between her and the SIL HS.  Survival of the fittest.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

actually the title ( mine ) alludes to most characters .. everybody wants something 

and if this something belongs to another.. the question i think the drama wants.. 

is what is really yours and what isn't yours ..between the tutor and HS its already a grey area...

the blue diamond was supposed to belong to a mystery character.. and 3 have so far tried to break in and take it..

the key to the husband character is his inferiority complex as the ill.legal son.. something that in korea is still considered a shame   ...the way he talked to HS might mean he actually resents her in some way...because he hates his step mother.. he might see part of HS as the step mother who makes him alway feel ashamed ...

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

16 hours ago, partyon said:

Also, am I the only who thinks that Han Ji Yong has a hand in all of this? He seems like he's scheming and not just a mere victim. I have a theory why, but want to watch ep 4 first.

It's obvious from the very beginning. He orchestrated all this mess. he and tutor planned it loooong ago.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

53 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

It's obvious from the very beginning. He orchestrated all this mess. he and tutor planned it loooong ago.

Glad to see that I am not the only one who thought that. I am sure he is the one who is behind it all, bringing back the tutor.

In the end, he knows he won't go succeed and gain more power, having an actress wife who isn't the birth mother of his child. Yes, his family likes her, but it's just a matter of time before it's in the news that Hi Soo isn't the real mother. Not gonna look good. People are gonna start asking questions. Like what happened to the birth mom. Hi Soo will always be looked down upon.

In order to succeed and get what he wants, he'll see to it that his "happy little family" is reunited and Hi Soo is kicked out. I am fairly sure the tutor has a rich background with great connections. Pairing up with her will bring him even more power.

I found it odd in ep 1 when Hi Soo told him that he needs to be nice to the tutor, as he's never nice and friendly to anyone except for Hi Soo. Means that he's probably a cold snake in real life....

I am interested in knowing why the tutor/birth mother disappeared originally. She seems loony enough to me to have been locked into a mental asylum. Probably by him and his family.

Conveniently she's brought back when he needs her....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

In the end, he knows he won't go succeed and gain more power, having an actress wife who isn't the birth mother of his child. Yes, his family likes her, but it's just a matter of time before it's in the news that Hi Soo isn't the real mother. Not gonna look good on him. People are gonna start asking questions. Like what happened to the birth mom.

In order to succeed and get what he wants, he'll see to it that his "happy little family" is reunited and Hi Soo is kicked out. I am fairly sure the tutor has a rich background with great connections. Pairing up with her will bring him even more power.

I'm sure, that marring HS was part of the plan. She was a perfect choice so he could be an a shadow. I think it doesn't matter at all that she is not a birth mother. I'm sure he is planning to get everything and no one will ask any questions. I don't think, that he choose the tutor to get more power. HS was a temporary substitute from the start. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

I am interested in knowing why the tutor/birth mother disappeared originally. She seems loony enough to me to have been locked into a mental asylum. Probably by him and his family.

Conveniently she's brought back when he needs her....

1 minute ago, airgelaal said:

I'm sure, that marring HS was part of the plan. She was a perfect choice so he could be an a shadow. I think it doesn't matter at all that she is not a birth mother. I'm sure he is planning to get everything and no one will ask any questions. I don't think, that he choose the tutor to get more power. HS was a temporary substitute from the start. 

Now you guys got me thinking - should i watch Epi 4 without the eng subs?

Noooooo....  I can't wait, must I?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

“Mine” Previews Tense Situations That Could Escalate At Any Moment

01f1dca105f94251b639ab021a2324b4.jpeg?s=

May 16, 2021
by U. Kim

tvN’s “Mine” has released interesting new stills of the upcoming episode!

“Mine” is a drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what’s truly theirs. Lee Bo Young stars as Seo Hee Soo, a former top actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family Hyowon Group. Kim Seo Hyung stars as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant and well-born wife of the eldest son of Hyowon Group.

Spoilers

An exhibition hosted by Seo Hee Soo will open in episode 4. Seo Hee Soo and Jung Seo Hyung, the wives of the Hyowon Group’s two sons, look around the exhibition together with their arms linked, quieting down rumors of their discord.

However, Seo Hee Soo’s son’s private tutor Kang Ja Kyung (Ok Ja Yeon) is spotted with Seo Hee Soo’s husband Han Ji Yong (Lee Hyun Wook), adding a layer of tension to the atmosphere. Previously, viewers were shocked to see the two secretly brushing fingers when Kang Ja Kyung first visited Hyowon Group’s house. In the stills, something appears to have surprised Seo Hee Soo and Jung Seo Hyun, raising questions as to whether they have become aware of Kang Ja Kyung and Han Ji Yong’s relationship.

mine.jpeg

In other stills, Cadenza’s housemaid Kim Yoo Yeon (Jung Yi Seo) is working part-time at a fast food restaurant. Han Soo Hyuk appears in front of Kim Yoo Yeon, who is surprised to see him. Kim Yoo Yeon has her guard up while Han Soo Hyuk simply looks at her with a straight face.

When Jung Seo Hyun found out that her son Han Soo Hyuk (Cha Hak Yeon) had been switching rooms with her at night, she gave Kim Yoo Yeon a stern warning. Kim Yoo Yeon may have left Cadenza to follow Jung Seo Hyun’s wishes, or there may be a different reason behind her behavior.

Viewers are eager to find out about Kang Ja Kyung’s identity, what Seo Hee Soo and Jung Seo Hyun will witness at the exhibition, and what events will unfold between Han Soo Hyuk and Kim Yoo Yeon.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469515wpp/mine-previews-tense-situations-that-could-escalate-at-any-moment

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon, @airgelaal what I think is slightly different from your theories. What I believe is that the husband had an agenda of his own, which got disrupted by the appearance of tutor, someone he clearly knows. That's why initially he was kind of irritated by her presence. Later on they had some talk during the horse riding session (something which might not get revealed too soon). During this talk, I think both the husband and the tutor had some deal, since their final objective could be somewhat similar. He wants the highest position permanently once the dad is dead, and the tutor wants to replace his wife. 

I do agree that given the fact he is all good with his wife, but cold with others, means that he is kind of not real in front of her. But I wonder if he is just cold around others in the house. Because in the company, he is quite close with the employees, so close that they don't hesitate eating with him in the company cafeteria as we saw in the 3rd episode. 

Anyway, the only person who does not know about everyone in the house wearing a mask is Hi Soo actually. Seo Hyun knows about this and that's why she thinks several times before doing anything. Would be interesting to see how Hi Soo will deal with all the betrayals that's coming her way. I can see the son also getting away from her thanks to the tutor. 

4 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Agree on Hee Soo - she is smart yes but naive.  I really hope Seo Hyun will help her, maybe midway, there is a twist.  She needs to save herself too if caught in a situation between her and the SIL HS.  Survival of the fittest.

Sometimes I wonder if Seo Hyun is actually seeing her past self in Hi Soo and knows that all this she is doing won't work in this family. Seo Hyun clearly sees how naïve Hi Soo, but for now she has followed her neutral rule and that's why didn't say much to her about her ways of dealing with things etc. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I just saw Yoo Yeon, the younger maid , got slapped by the screaming MIL.  Gosh, this MIL really knows how to scream and throw a tantrum.   Unbelievable!

And another clip where the tutor went threatening the boy's mom (the boy who bullied Ha Joon) in school.   The mother was trembling in fear.   Scary!

• Like 3
  • Blob 5

21 minutes ago, ponderings said:

It feels like we're on a roller coaster where you're slowly reaching to the peak. 

It's only ep 4. I may have to drop this drama for the sake of my heart lol

@ponderings I just browsed through ep 4 and I don't know what to say. :scream:

Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think I need a barf bag to get through this drama.

C3F4DD6C-6265-4B64-8E4E-77170CFC324B.gif

cr. to @Abs_ triggered

Do let my @Abs_ triggered and me know if anyone needs one too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 3 - The tutor saying Hee-soo is not a real mom because she didn't go and slap the crap out of that mom is the dumbest thing ever. Chick is crazy. If so-called real moms went around behaving irrationally there would be a lot of kids with moms up on assault charges. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2