[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

what is with this family. everyone has mistress. does that run on their blood or something? :loolz:

now we have a new painting. crying elephant.  interesting.

hated the barf scene(staircase scene). also the scene before that: :spitswater: I´m mean don't they have no shame. 

and we are only in ep 4. that means we are going to see lot of barf scenes. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

Maid/master: love that it blew up to her face with all the "sneaking" around, but the music/camera work is forcing the lovey-dovey cliché and it makes me all go "how stupid" instead of "awwwwww". i'm so not feeling that "love at first sight" trope. I dont know if it's simply due to the first meeting, that I have a deep loathing for this, or also because I find the acting here weird and stiff during "romantic" scenes and over-the-top otherwise, especially by the way he acts like his entire world crashed down, just because this maid was fired from her job.

It's not like they can't meet up outside of the house, why is he so obsessed in bringing her back??? Wouldnt it be easier to meet outside this house everyone looks at. I've written too much about these two., ugh. The Director of this series also did LOVEALARM. Now I am not surprised why he puts the rose tint camera in these "love" scenes. 

Heesoo telling master to "follow his heart". Lady, you've got the worst taste in men! I know she's doing this because she wants him to be happy and all, but ever thought of NOT meddling and letting things be? 

Old Son: "oh i got bored of this mistress because we don't talk" LMAO. I know his portrayal is supposed to be disgusting but actually he is too much fun, because i can't take him seriously, and poor guy trying to find "same wavelength" with his wife lol. 

The scene when cream bun lady gets her own medicine, loved it, when Heesoo starts screaming back and then acting as if she just acted hahaha, effectively shutting Cream Bun up, and she starts crying like a kid :D which does not surprise me as she got everything in life handed to her. 

I'm starting to think that the tutor doctored her background with powerful help. Probably the husbands, or whoever her family is, since she probably took on a fake identity as well. But why does head maid NOT recognise her then? Since she's been here for 10 years already... and the two had a confrontation already. So it's clear that head maid doesnt know her. 

Anyway, I knew the husband was going to cheat, but did the writer really have to show it in this way? Not only is it disgusting, which cheating of course is, but lol the way it was executed. 'It'd make more sense for him to go into her room than to do it while they play happy family in this art gala.  My god. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 3

If you ever wonder how Mary Poppins would turn out if she were evil, take a look at that tutor Ms. Kang. :lol:

Hae Soo should've gotten rid of her in ep. 01 but chose to give her the benefit of the doubt. Now her son's too attached & her no good hubs wants the tutor all for himself. :unamused:

Men. Always want their cake and eat it too. I have to turn the volume down whenever the old gran & Jin Hee comes on! Their voices oh gosh:crazymad:

I'm starting to suspect Ms. Jung doesn't like.. men LoL Idk? Soo Hyuk & Ms. Kim aigoo-ya.. is it goin' to be one of those "rich man poor woman tropes"?! 

Mother Emma is lethal.. she knows too much. Why do I feel she's 1 of the bodies we see in flashbacks?! 

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

Just now, Latte_Anyday said:

If you ever wonder how Mary Poppins would turn out if she were evil, take a look at that tutor Ms. Kang. :lol:

Hae Soo should've gotten rid of her in ep. 01 but chose to give her the benefit of the doubt. Now her son's too attached & her no good hubs wants the tutor all for himself. :unamused:

Men. Always want their cake and eat it too. I have to turn the volume down whenever the old gran & Jin Hee comes on! Their voices oh gosh

I'm starting to suspect Ms. Jung doesn't like.. men LoL Idk? Soo Hyuk & Ms. Kim aigoo-ya.. is it goin' to be one of those "rich man poor woman tropes"?! 

Mother Emma is lethal.. she knows too much. Why do I feel she's 1 of the bodies we see in flashbacks?! 

I thought Mother Emma is the one reporting the bodies, so she wouldn't be dead?

It has been shown in earlier episodes that she had a relationship with an artist, so at the very least she is bisexual, though it doesnt surprise me that she wouldnt find her husband attractive as he is kind of pathetic and a serial cheater. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 3

Ep 4 was really barf inducing.

I mean really? You stand there in the stairwell of a gallery making out passionately with your lover when your wife, son and sister-in-law are in the room next door?

giphy.gif

It's clear that this was all planned, and Hi Soo is being backed into a corner.

What I want to know is what dirt the tutor has on MIL. MIL is scared of her, and the only reason she would be is if the tutor knows something....

For something positive: the music suits the drama really well and some of the music choices accentuate the mood of certain scenes. Well done!

EDIT: On another thought, I actually think that the tutor poisoned the father-in-law. She put something in the food.  What are the chances that she did it because the mother-in-law asked her to?

Reasoning:

• The tutor told the MIL: "I took care of it so that Ji Soo became president. Like you wanted"
  • At first I thought she said this because she was working with Ji Yong and that she had convinced him to not pursue the president position. But that meant that the MIL must have asked her to do it - why would the tutor otherwise have said "like you wanted to"?
  • Seeing how scared the MIL is of the tutor, I feel like the dirt the tutor has on MIL is big. What would be bigger than murder?
  • If the MIL asked the tutor to poison the FIL, that would mean that the tutor took care of it so that Ji Soo became president. And it's likely the tutor has proof, meaning that the tutor would scare the MIL a lot....

@joccu@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng @agenth @Min2206 What are your thoughts?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

me was like

Phoebe My Eyes GIFs | Tenor

now if this was an OTP ..would we get a 10 minutes of real  passionate kissing?  ...nah they just save it for the sinful couples.. 

also a very modern nun that has no problem with adultery and trendy religion 

Nun GIFs | Tenor

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, joccu said:

what is with this family. everyone has mistress. does that run on their blood or something? 

now we have a new painting. crying elephant.  interesting.

hated the barf scene(staircase scene). also the scene before that:  I´m mean don't they have no shame. 

and we are only in ep 4. that means we are going to see lot of barf scenes. 

that painting looked like a torture scene. I was creeped out.

I don’t understand Second Madam at the end of 4. When she is finally getting rid of that annoying tutor, why is she telling her to stay? 

And why didn’t she yell jet her husband for playing happy families at the pool with the tutor?

First Master was trying to hook up with his wife but doesn’t know she isn’t into men, just ballerinas and stock prices.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

“Mine,” “Mouse,” Lee Seung Gi, And Lee Do Hyun Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Lists

May 16, 2021
by E. Cha

“Mine,” “Mouse,” and “Youth of May” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

In its first week on air, tvN’s new drama “Mine” debuted at No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of May are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Mine”
  2. tvN’s “Mouse”
  3. KBS 2TV’s “Youth of May”
  4. SBS’s “Taxi Driver
  5. KBS 2TV’s “Imitation
  6. KBS 2TV’s “Sell Your Haunted House
  7. JTBC’s “Law School”
  8. tvN’s “Doom at Your Service
  9. KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters
  10. JTBC’s “Undercover”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz in the first week of May are as follows:

1. Lee Seung Gi (“Mouse”)
  2. Lee Do Hyun (“Youth of May”)
  3. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver”)
  4. Lee Bo Young (“Mine”)
  5. Go Min Si (“Youth of May”)
  6. Kim Seo Hyung (“Mine”)
  7. Seo In Guk (“Doom at Your Service”)
  8. Jang Nara (“Sell Your Haunted House”)
  9. CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa (“Sell Your Haunted House”)
  10. Park Bo Young (“Doom at Your Service”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469559wpp/mine-mouse-lee-seung-gi-and-lee-do-hyun-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-lists

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, partyon said:

For something positive: the music suits the drama really well and some of the music choices accentuate the mood of certain scenes. Well done!

EDIT: On another thought, I actually think that the tutor poisoned the father-in-law. She put something in the food.  What are the chances that she did it because the mother-in-law asked her to?

Reasoning:

• The tutor told the MIL: "I took care of it so that Ji Soo became president. Like you wanted"
  • At first I thought she said this because she was working with Ji Yong and that she had convinced him to not pursue the president position. But that meant that the MIL must have asked her to do it - why would the tutor otherwise have said "like you wanted to"?
  • Seeing how scared the MIL is of the tutor, I feel like the dirt the tutor has on MIL is big. What would be bigger than murder?
  • If the MIL asked the tutor to poison the FIL, that would mean that the tutor took care of it so that Ji Soo became president. And it's likely the tutor has proof, meaning that the tutor would scare the MIL a lot....

@joccu@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng @agenth @Min2206 What are your thoughts?

Glad that the 1st DIL realised something was amiss between her MIL and the tutor (thanks to her "informers").   MIL was truly distraught and shook each time she sees her.    And MIL's obsession with cream buns or bread?!   She can afford having her meal follows her wherever she goes - tip top service.     Hope MIL reveals her discomfort to DIL on the next episode. 

Ahh, thanks for reminding me on the food scene @partyon I was wondering what that was about.

And the ending when the Tutor Kang brushed or pushed Hee Soo off , the part Hee Soo barged into her room and told her not to leave - why did she has do that?  and with Hee Soo asking her to stay, would Tutor lays down conditions to her advantageous.  I don't like it, no!

Sorry, am not so into the scene between the young master and the new maid.  I guess bringing her back to the mansion might help Hee Soo?

And Mother Emma knows who the Tutor is now ( amazing memory just by recognizing the voice)

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

9 hours ago, joccu said:

@partyonI could totally see that.  I mean it's has to something big for the grandma to be scared of the tutor. 

I have the same thoughts as you... The tutor must have some secret which only the grandma knows.

During the interview by first madame, she must have tampered with her resume in order to secured the job and her motives for working with the family, we have yet to know.

The MIL is like a kid, throwing tantrum in order to demands her wims.

Mother Emma seems to know lots of thing regarding the whole family background...and the first madam

having affair with a lady ! 

The tutor treats her work place like her home, walking & spying around like she is the boss.

If I were second madam, I would have scolded her left to right for wearing my cloths, but why is second

madam so calm !.... is there a motive behind ?

All in all, I find all of them in the family having a secret tale behind...is interesting to know as the episodes advances.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I have a sneaky suspicion that the maid Kim must be from a wealthy background.. Is that why she slept cozily in Soo Hyuk's bed? 

Soo Hyuk's gran yelled that lowly maids "stole" her son so could that be the identity of Soo Hyuk's birth mom? 

For all I know that gran with her 2 kids are no different! They hardly act like they're from wealth tsk. So uncouth & appalling toddler behavior. Especially Jin Ho's perm & his sister's country bumpkin style. 

I think Ms. Jung is not into men romantically at. all. But it's a K-Drama, they may allude to lgbt & then opt out for a "normal ending". The same can be said for "Mr. Queen, Itaewon Class". 

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

Having watched yesterday's episodes, I like the fact that they revealed tutor being the real mom here. While many believe that Ji Yong is the mastermind behind the plan, I believe the tutor is not completely working with him for that plan. They seem to be individuals with some common goals, and some objectives of their own. That's why I think she is working with Ji Yong, but she surely has her own plans (which maybe she didn't even tell Ji Yong about). 

Talking about Emma, well, she seems to know a lot of things happening. The fact that she stopped Hi Soo from entering the room where her husband was indulged in some "barf-worthy" action, I am pretty sure that Emma knew what was happening there. At the same time, I am gonna go full makjang way, but I believe she is chairman's dead wife (Ji Yong's mom from what I remember). Chances are she was targeted to be killed by the old screaming lady of the house, and she somehow survived it and underwent plastic surgery. I mean, I would not mind it happening though :loolz:

What's clear is that she is the one narrating the story, most probably giving her statement in the Police station. 

Hi Soo is still quite naïve, although I like the fact that she is standing up for herself, like she did in front of the sister in law, or defended her decision to fire the tutor despite her husband objecting (for obvious reasons). I wonder, she stopped the tutor from leaving the house, since she now wants to confirm her suspicions of the tutor being the real mom. But then again, I still believe that she had to fire her when she saw her playing around in her clothes, I mean, I don't think anyone would have tolerated it in the house. Still, if the "ifs and else" were to happen, we would never get the dramas :joy:

Talking about Seo Hyun, I am still liking her approach to the situations. Her question "what are you two doing together down here" in the art exhibition to Ji Yong and tutor caught them off guard actually. She pretty much knows the situation now, which also explains why she just told the tutor that she will trust Hi Soo if she is firing her. The only thing I want from this drama is to see the two FLs helping each other and not being against each other. That is the only reason I started this drama thinking it would be a bit different from typical dramas. If that does not happen, I might actually end up dropping it :notsureifserious:

Still, I like the fact that the young master here didn't like an employee being fired because of him. But he needs to understand now, how his actions will affect others. At the same time I think the maid needs to understand the situation. It hurt her once, and this job is actually something she needs the most, so I hope she will understand how she needs to be in this house. I don't really see something happening between them, even if it does happen, I don't see it surviving. This is not the couple I am rooting for, or even think will be working. I do look forward to the chaos she will create though.

From what I see, the tutor will create havoc in Hi Soo's household, while this maid is destined to do the same to Seo Hyun. IT would be interesting, since either of the tutor or maid were originally not supposed to be working where they are now. The sisters-in law exchanged them, and this could be something they might regret. I mean Seo Hyun is already kind of regretting hiring the tutor, and even if Hi Soo is still trying to understand and grasp the situation, the tutor is already on Seo Hyun's radar. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

Such beautiful scenes for my OTP. I hope Soohyuk is honest. 

That scene on the stairs between JY  and the tutor was sparkly. 

It would be ''easier'' for Hi Soo if he only had a mistress.  

I guess JY and the tutor will try to kill HS at some point.

I feel sorry for First Master. I dont think he knows his wife secret.

Seo Hyun is smart and determined. I like how she handles all the situations in her household.

Does it seem to me or Mother Emma is wearing a birkin bag.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

16 hours ago, partyon said:

What I want to know is what dirt the tutor has on MIL. MIL is scared of her, and the only reason she would be is if the tutor knows something....

Was it mentioned when and how Ji Yong's mother died?

Something happen in the past. Ji Yong's mother died, Jin-Ho's first wife left and Ha-Joon's mother "died". Maybe all this is somehow connected.

I think, that what Ji Yong said it's half true. Tutor was his horse trainer. Maybe Grandma paid her to seduce Ji Yong. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

From what I see, the tutor will create havoc in Hi Soo's household, while this maid is destined to do the same to Seo Hyun. IT would be interesting, since either of the tutor or maid were originally not supposed to be working where they are now. The sisters-in law exchanged them, and this could be something they might regret. I mean Seo Hyun is already kind of regretting hiring the tutor, and even if Hi Soo is still trying to understand and grasp the situation, the tutor is already on Seo Hyun's radar. 

Sorry to cut your post @Sleepy Owl   I like your makjang story (haha) on Mother Emma.   :D

Echoing you, I really hope the 2 FLs will help one another in eliminating the havoc they have "planted". 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

@Thong Thin

because SH was a contrast to the rest of the family who abuse servants..and she is free spirited.. she gave the tutor the benefit of the doubt

it seems even her lawyer is in it with them ..cause he reported the fake info about the tutor ..and everybody will start gaslight HS now.. when she suspect its the real mother.. only SH can tell her I guess...if she decides to be on her side

the way she went at the sister in law was coool ..she give them taste  their own medicine from now on 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2