[Drama 2021] Mine, 마인 - Lee Bo Young, Kim Seo Hyung & Ok Ja Yeon

larus

Hi Soo –  yeah !.. finally she decides to leave HyoWoon with Ha-Joon and nothing will stop her even if she has to kill anyone who is abstructing her way, and I am glad that Seo-Hyun is all out to help her pass thru the barrier. She goes back to her acting to convince Ji-Yong and those around her who is unaware of her miscarriage that things are well with her pregnancy.

Seo-Hyun – with her corporate status ,money & connections, she goes all out to keep Hi-Soo and Ha-Joon safe. The picture of the elephant behind the wall plays a big role in understanding how to get Hi-Soo and Ha-Joon out from the barrier. 

Ji-Yong – finally we get a glimpse of his childhood and seems he was pampered and was not never scolded before,but when he overheard his mother saying “ you should never have been born”. This statement itself makes a very hugh impact on a child who feels he is unwanted and hence feels insecure. This could be one possible reason why his obsession for underground fights is a way to  release his anger, hatred and pain .

During the board meetings, Ji-Yong was so tense when lawyer Choi says he will read out his father will, then we see him drove off and cried inside the car, does it mean he lost the Chairman seat to Seo-Hyun. If yes, then he has no bargaining power in HyoWoon.

The ending scene shows Hi-Soo lying on the floor next to a fire extinguisher with a body and Ha-Joon wearing the horse shoe necklace in the funeral scene, whose body ?... I think is the Tutor, but I could be wrong.

Seo-Hyun summon the tutor for a meeting at her residence with Hi-Soo is all an act. These 3 ladies team up to get rid of Ji-Yong for one reason or another.

The ending scene shows Hi-Soo lying on the floor next to a fire extinguisher with a body, then at the funeral scene Ha-Joon wearing his birth mum shoe necklace, followed by  Mother Emma  looking suspicious outside HyoWoon residence.

Why is Mother Emma there, did she witness the killing ?

The writer is making us on a roller coaster ride with lots of assumptions,the body could be Ji-Yong or the Tutor.

I doubt Hi-Soo did the killing, is either by self-defence or she is being frame by someone.

If Tutor dies, then Hi-Soo is worry free about Ha-Joon being taken away.

But if Ji-Yong dies, she goes to prison unless there is evidence is self defence or with Seo-Hyun connections, her prison sentence will be reduced.

@partyon  @Sleepy Owl  @agenth 

At this stage,is too early that Ji-Yong die, so I bet my money on the tutor.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

On 5/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, partyon said:

So we got a glimpse into Ji Yong's childhood and state of mind in ep8. Seems his father had always encouraged him and never scolded him (way to make your child into a narcissist)

It's not like that. His father only praised him because he never cared about him. For example, you will never scold your friend's children, but you will say something good about them. It's not your responsibility to educate them. But you will scold your own children, because you want them to be better. His father was good to him, because it's the only thing he can do to  him. he never planned to give him a company. That is why Ji Yong said that he wanted to be scolded.

But I wonder why his father decided that way. I don't think it was because he was an illegitimate child.

About funeral. I think it's tutor. If it was someone from the family, the funeral should be grand and I don't think, that maid would stay so close. We also saw funeral in the very beginning of the first episode. I think it's the same person funeral.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

The drama is just getting better. I don't know how many times I have said this, but I am loving the fact that the FLs are helping each other out and not against each other. Hi Soo and Seo Hyun will be a great team. I loves Seo Hyun's reaction to the solution of the trapped elephant. 

Jin Ho seems to have found a friend in the male servant, and that poor guy, he is caught between everyone. And well, I laughed a lot when he mistook the photos he saw in Ji Yong's mobile :loolz:

But, if he would know the truth, maybe he would faint with fear of him :joy:

Hi Soo and tutor seem to be working for now. Well, the tutor seemed to be genuinely feeling guilty and sorry about Hi Soo's miscarriage, and if we see, Ji Yong betrayed her too. But, no matter what, I would never trust that woman, she is there for herself, and I think she will never hesitate to change sides if she feels it will be favorable to her, especially is she is promised to live with Ha Joon. 

I just can't tell how much I feel sad for Jin Ho, he came to his wife to tell her the secret about Ji Yong seeing his ex-wife and the tutor being, only to know that she knew it all along and never told him. I really wish for them to be friends, this guy is trying too much and still not getting friends :joy:

@partyon Noona, I agree with your theory of the one who will end dying being Ji Yong. Apart from the points you mentioned, I don't think the tutor would get a grand funeral at the house, even if it is revealed that she is Ha Joon's birth mother. Seeing the funeral, it must be someone from the family, and the chances of it being Ji Yong is higher. Even the necklace we saw Ha Joon wearing, it could be the one tutor gave him, but at the same time it could be the one which Ji Yong had. So while the chances of tutor dying is higher, but that was Ji Yong's funeral in my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The drama is just getting better. I don't know how many times I have said this, but I am loving the fact that the FLs are helping each other out and not against each other. Hi Soo and Seo Hyun will be a great team. I loves Seo Hyun's reaction to the solution of the trapped elephant. 

Jin Ho seems to have found a friend in the male servant, and that poor guy, he is caught between everyone. And well, I laughed a lot when he mistook the photos he saw in Ji Yong's mobile :loolz:

But, if he would know the truth, maybe he would faint with fear of him :joy:

Hi Soo and tutor seem to be working for now. Well, the tutor seemed to be genuinely feeling guilty and sorry about Hi Soo's miscarriage, and if we see, Ji Yong betrayed her too. But, no matter what, I would never trust that woman, she is there for herself, and I think she will never hesitate to change sides if she feels it will be favorable to her, especially is she is promised to live with Ha Joon. 

I just can't tell how much I feel sad for Jin Ho, he came to his wife to tell her the secret about Ji Yong seeing his ex-wife and the tutor being, only to know that she knew it all along and never told him. I really wish for them to be friends, this guy is trying too much and still not getting friends :joy:

@partyon Noona, I agree with your theory of the one who will end dying being Ji Yong. Apart from the points you mentioned, I don't think the tutor would get a grand funeral at the house, even if it is revealed that she is Ha Joon's birth mother. Seeing the funeral, it must be someone from the family, and the chances of it being Ji Yong is higher. Even the necklace we saw Ha Joon wearing, it could be the one tutor gave him, but at the same time it could be the one which Ji Yong had. So while the chances of tutor dying is higher, but that was Ji Yong's funeral in my opinion. 

Yes, there’s no reason why they would give the tutor a grand funeral. But I’m curious, I don’t think the finale ends with the funeral. The question is who is the next evil, if Jiyong is dead? He’s the only formidable villain as of now.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

Why do you think, that this funeral is grand?

A funeral being held at a private place, with that many people, a lot of them looking like the servant/maids of house. It definitely is the funeral of someone from the Hyo Won family. If it would have been the funeral of the tutor, I don't really think we would be seeing the main members of the family standing in front. 

If the tutor was the one being killed, her funeral would be held in the hospital itself. As we thought she is not from rich family, she gave up Ha Joon since she had no money to take care of him. So its not like her own family would be organizing the funeral like this. 

So yeah, if the funeral involves that many people, a lot of them being maid/servant of the house, and the main people standing in front, it is not a normal funeral. Ha Joon was not the only one standing in the front line if you observed, there was another lady too, two basically, one that they showed in the start of that scene, and second the one standing beside Ha Joon. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

A funeral being held at a private place, with that many people, a lot of them looking like the servant/maids of house. It definitely is the funeral of someone from the Hyo Won family. If it would have been the funeral of the tutor, I don't really think we would be seeing the main members of the family standing in front. 

I think all that people are servants/maids. And that is all. They are present here because formally tutor is still working for this family. 

And, by the way, I think she is rich now. Remember, she gave a lot of money to Emma's fond. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

It's not like that. His father only praised him because he never cared about him. For example, you will never scold your friend's children, but you will say something good about them. It's not your responsibility to educate them. But you will scold your own children, because you want them to be better. His father was good to him, because it's the only thing he can do to  him. he never planned to give him a company. That is why Ji Yong said that he wanted to be scolded.

But I wonder why his father decided that way. I don't think it was because he was an illegitimate child.

About funeral. I think it's tutor. If it was someone from the family, the funeral should be grand and I don't think, that maid would stay so close. We also saw funeral in the very beginning of the first episode. I think it's the same person funeral.

IDK.  If his father didn't care about him, he'd have simply ignored Jiyong, he didn't have to praise the boy. I'm thinking the father knows about Jiyong's dark side, which is why he didn't want to set him off accidentally. Though I understand that some parents scold to show love, I don't think that is a viable strategy if you only criticise, as can be seen in Jiho's case. He feels too alone and lonely. 

Also I have to wash this thread of Jiyong with my fave:

E2vxtTdVgAAis2D?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

58 minutes ago, agenth said:

IDK.  If his father didn't care about him, he'd have simply ignored Jiyong, he didn't have to praise the boy. I'm thinking the father knows about Jiyong's dark side, which is why he didn't want to set him off accidentally. Though I understand that some parents scold to show love, I don't think that is a viable strategy if you only criticise, as can be seen in Jiho's case. He feels too alone and lonely. 

It's not like that. It's like old-fashion education. Daughters had to be spoiled, because sooner or later they will fly away, but sons had to be trained, because they will support the family. Father considered him as a "daughter".

I never said it's good strategy, but I understand why Jiyong was so mad. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Jin Ho seems to have found a friend in the male servant, and that poor guy, he is caught between everyone. And well, I laughed a lot when he mistook the photos he saw in Ji Yong's mobile 

But, if he would know the truth, maybe he would faint with fear of him 

At least Jin-Ho doesn't feel lonely at all, he has found someone whom he can talk and listen to him.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, agenth said:

8 hours ago, airgelaal said:

It's not like that. It's like old-fashion education. Daughters had to be spoiled, because sooner or later they will fly away, but sons had to be trained, because they will support the family. Father considered him as a "daughter".

I never said it's good strategy, but I understand why Jiyong was so mad. 

I agree with @agenth. A person who doesn't care for another person will simply just ignore them. Why would they even invest in praising them if they don't give a hoot about the person?

Maybe it is old-fashioned education like @airgelaal said, but I do think the chairman also knew he would be forced to make his first born legitimate son heir. He might have loved Ji Yong's mom the most (he even built a "shrine" for her) but he knew that the illegitimate son would have a hard time being accepted as heir.

Also, he must have really adored Kim Mi Ja and would have probably felt the same for the son she gave birth to. Some parents never scold their children. They regard their kids so highly that they won't ever set boundaries and will praise them every second they get. This is a great strategy if the parents want to create a narcissist....

Now the thing is that the chairman treated JIn Ho in the opposite way. Jin Ho never got any praise. That also created a person with lots of issues and problems. It would have been much better if there had been balance between praise and scolding for both boys when they grew up. But then there wouldn't be a drama for us to watch, would there?

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

the miscarriage grand acting from LBY killed me.. she never fail to shock me with her emotional output.. its scary how much she puts into it

its really annoying that instead of talking about the drama and the efforts .. i check the news to find a scandal around the actress KIM JUNG HWA 

it seems her husband left a spoiler or something.. but i dont understand are they seriously again attacking someone for playing a homosexual ..

Actress Kim Jung Hwa Apologizes For her Husband’s Comment About The Character For K-Drama “Mine”

KCcHURfAJnGu3UuRP4CpE6udXZzQDN0zePxJ_HAPgdeE46b5spVb4NAm93tP5Ks2UGInYOuU3nLSIomU3C30knnrW_HBUn4GUrWzrKR6Eo0PvyY=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

Actress Kim Jung Hwa has received backlash for her new role as a lesbian character for the tvN K-Drama Mine. Her husband You Eun Sung, also received criticism for making spoiler comments about her character through social media.

Kim Jung Hwa’s agency SALT Entertainment told Sports Kyunghyang, “We apologize for causing concern. Please understand that it is difficult for us to state our official position”.

Yoo’s comment regarding the character has since been deleted.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Tango27 said:

the miscarriage grand acting from LBY killed me.. she never fail to shock me with her emotional output.. its scary how much she puts into it

its really annoying that instead of talking about the drama and the efforts .. i check the news to find a scandal around the actress KIM JUNG HWA 

it seems her husband left a spoiler or something.. but i dont understand are they seriously again attacking someone for playing a homosexual ..

That article is misleading.

No the attacks aren't because she is playing a homosexual, but originate because of her husband's homophobia. She herself hasn't said ANYTHING, but her husband's homophobic comment included her (we don't know her personal opinion) and basically accused the drama of queerbaiting, and worse. 

See my post here with sources

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, agenth said:

That article is misleading.

No the attacks aren't because she is playing a homosexual, but originate because of her husband's homophobia. She herself hasn't said ANYTHING, but her husband's homophobic comment included her (we don't know her personal opinion) and basically accused the drama of queerbaiting, and worse. 

See my post here with sources

edit

ok .. i did my research

the whole thing is because her husband is a christian musician .. this made some christians attack her while the moron husband was asked about his views in a bait like questions ..what a moron

this was clearly a big casting mistake and the problem of these roles 

those who are complaining.. the show is already portraying a nun who have accepted her and taken her into church.. i feel this is positive enough for a kdrama and all the whining is pointless  

i hope they can fix this some how .. the moron caused so much damage to the show ..he should face legal action in my opinion .

>>>>>>>>

some notes

idk about ppl saying about the nun being JYs mother ..I don't think that makes sense as the grandma supposed to know her ..while i guess its very possible to play the aging card..i still think mother emma might come from HSs past

I am not sure I buy the tutor being a victim of sorts ..or is she playing one ?

she took money to leave the child .. and he didnt force her into adultery.. did he ...and she actually killed HSs baby by stalking her with the facts ..I dont think i can look past that unless its your enemy is my enemy thing

also the hat.. she def comes from disney

the will will give the power to SH and possibly the blue diamond to HS  

>>>

SH actually needed the elephant art to show her there is no narrow wall..a twist of art

i wish but def dont expect that they would go a little deeper into the marriage of HS.. after all she doesn't really know him and his inner self 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1