[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Thanks everyone & Netflix, now lunchtime here.

After the hotness of episode 11 kiss, ST being true Hyung to KT, we delve into their deepening relationship and family plus their families intertwined fate from the past.

Someone said they don’t care for the murder mystery aspect and liked the journey of our characters , i wholeheartedly agree. I know the murder is integral to the plot but this trio is awesome. 

Today’s feels for me:

- KT going through ups and downs. His seeing MY and ST bickering and ignoring him

during their meeting & saying he had day off to be ignored. Lol poor baby! Loved JS knew the score but still fed him. Love he is helping MY now as he sees how KT is happy . Sneaky JS talking about the ants & omg a jealous MY. Scraping of the knife on the plate was irritating but effective coupled with her crazed look! Later when she ordered 10 pizzas to ask JS why KT was angry. Glad he shared about KT to her best to my be there for him, she is growing leaps and bounds our MY.

MY drinking with KT but earlier after her seductive pose fail . I liked she admitted her loneliness and enjoying their company living with her making that home a home and tolerable. Gently laying her to sleep, placing Mangtae in her hands and kissing her on the lips good night, I loved it.

-ST and MY bickering on the definition of family in front of JR’s mom was hilarious. She noted they were the same. Lol both denying it thinking it was based on looks and MY saying she is pretty. ST always muttering but you cut your hair . So ST did say not biological but we are like family Aww big admission from ST. MY messed up home life she thinks family is having family portrait.

KT hearing ST recall moms killing and recalling seeing MY dad copy of his cracked family photo frame. Interesting both mom and dad have mom’s face missing. The telltale butterfly pin - awww both MY and ST dislike butterflies. There is something suspicious and too obvious about the OR patient. I agree with the nurse too, interesting the Hospital Director challenged and questioned her handling OR, why she gave up OK bed. Glad he did go caught it.

KT pushing away MY but glad he can confide with the hospital director now. Same for ST is awesome they are really both similar. He is showing feelings and sharing , I am loving it. He is breaking out of his shell. He wants to protect MY and ST.Oh the torment and frustration of the situation.

ST learning to break free from his past of the butterflies thanks to the kind Vietnam Vet patient. My heart broke such tender hearted man had to kill cause it was war. Glad ST was with him to help & he gave good sage advice. Cute he shared his book with the vet.

LSI giving joint medicine to JR mom & letting them have privacy. JR finding out his marriage meetings once a month thanks to his dad using lies to get him to go - lol love the assistant. I like JR is slowly growing to like him. Hehe he didn’t call back immediately but was on edge. He had the mildang and after hearing Dr Kwon engaged after recent marriage meeting is giving her good for thought about LSI. Hehe. I wonder if under boss instructions to talk to have JR respond as we know her ‘fake’ chat with her boss in the bedroom. I M liking their story progression . Not too rushed and her feelings are starting. 

MY taking ST to portrait done and comforting and encouraging him to be himself to take good photos as his practiced one was too fake. ST sensitive to words fake and lie. Their genuine happy smiles to see handsome & dashing KT omg, loved ST so proud that’s my real brother. Awww. Beautiful family photo of them & the preview omg.

Now the wait & looking forward to reading others comments and theories etc. Take care!

• Like 14

:criesariver:

This emoticon is precisely my Reaction after watching today's episode.

Possible Theories :

KT's mom knew that he liked MY, somehow kid MY met KT's mother and they had a healthy interaction which was what made MY's mom mad and ultimately she Killed her , stating "I can take care of my own child"

OK Ran was the one who rescued MY's Mother, as a crazy fan, hence she knows too much.

The timeline of MY's mom death and KT's mom murder is not known chronologically, so maybe the Butterfly Brooch was STOLEN by OK Ran and since she knew her idol's nature and saw a possible interaction with KT's mum and MY or something on those lines, she KILLED KT's mum. The father Mistook it as his wife killing the Moon Mum and hence injured her.

I am not sure if Moon Brothers are Step Brothers considering The Killer also threatened to Kill ST.

Appreciation Scenes :

KT opens up to Director as a Professional or Some personal Confidante, they have an understanding.

I applaud ST for helping the Senior Patient.Kudos to his understanding spectrum wideness.

JS for being a Friend who is there but not someone who pesters or crosses the lines for giving advises.

MY for being Understanding, she as a character has the most major emotional development.

KT is in such a screwed up place, it's takes a Lot to not completely Break down.

Preview Review :

I guess MY comes to know about her Mum's deeds somehow??The Happy family she needs , Alas it is cruel for Romeo and Juliet.

• Like 8

I love reading all your theories. Mine is (I think most of it is as same as many who posted here):

Patient Okran is

...MY's mother

...Killed GT ST mother

MY dad discovered what MY mom is really like. But because he 'loved' or 'cared' for her, did not report to police but rather just lock her up in the basement. MY dad must have mistaken MY to be his wife hence the choking (this am not convinced myself. Hahah. Need more clues. Lol)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JungRok said:

My guesses is that Sang Tae-Gang Tae mom will be working for Ko Dae Hwa  as a caretaker for Moon Young. She mentions to Sang Tae about she will be working late and asks him to go home with Gang Tae later on. My theory is Dae Hwan found out about Do Hui Jae secret and divorces her. And later on , hires a temporary care taker. Out of jealousy over the thought of her daughter being cared by another, their mother was killed by Moon Young's mother- Do Hui Jae 

I'm wondering what's the meaning of MY's mom statement that she's going to take care her child by herself.

Your guess that MY mom was going to be MY's caretaker makes sense.

The tale & OR.. is she MY mom sister?

• Like 2

The forum keeps throwing me out, so at some point I gave up on writing a long comment. :(

I'll say just that both yesterday's & today's episodes were Sang-tae's and they were my favourites so far. So, although some may say KMY & MKT are the mains in this drama, it is not the case - there are three mains. The family portrait shows it. :) All the videos Swoonies organise with all three actors show it too.

Again, incredible acting from KSH. I've been repeating myself for so long when it comes to his acting skills but this time, as rude as it sounds, I'll just say: this is why he is the highest paid actor in South Korea. Enough said.

This time we had a patient in the main role & a driver for the future events - the man who fought in the Vietnam War. His story was tragically beautiful but would be the main catalyst for the change of not only MST but MKT too.

Aaand... of course, the logical thing - MST & KMY are siblings. We've already guessed it correctly for the most part, it did not come out as surprise. Wondering now why MST ended up with MKT's mother, though. I won't delve into theories, I will read you for now - you're extremely clever and have covered so many interesting points already.

Ah, last but not least, KSH in a suit. I am living for this, I really am. :D 

:please:

8438577ca39efddfc9b708d5a70b156ffc684fdf

No but look at that... Jeeeeeeeeessuuuuuuusssss Chriiiiiist..... 

:sweats:

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

Sigh our otp's happiness was extremely short-lived :tears:. However, I don't think MY's mom is the killer and there is more to this mystery than meets the eye. I feel like this is a plot device to show character strength and test their resolve as a couple and the true killer (not MY's mom) will be revealed in the end. Haha I hope I'm right as I feel it'd be such a cop out if we go down the obvious route.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

So a few things i notice from the preview, MY asks GT if she is part of his family on the same day of the photo shoot since she is wearing the same earings and you can see GT silhouette with the same hair style and suit. also think she is running in that last scene cause a lady with the same butterfly pin as her mother showed up at the top of the stairs in the psychiatric hospital. I have a feeling MY can't remember her mother's face. In any case, who would not run scared. She did say if her mom showed up she would be terrified and suffocated. I think GT saying that he won't stay still if someone hurts his family is probably him telling either the Dr.  Or that lady that shows up. I think GT has decided he will fight for his brother and MY and he will not stay still if he thinks anyone is trying to hurt them. I think he made up his mind when he went to the photo shoot. I don't think we should panic regarding that. The scary thing is that i really do think that park oh rang is a murder on the loose. And that note she left with the dead butterfly saying she is coming back for her, is scary as heck she definitely left that for MY to find. Only GT found it instead. I honestly think i get why MY was ripping those poor butterfly apart. Its not cause of some weird killing instinct. I think she maybe just as terrified of butterflies as ST. She juat displays it differently. Due to her strong personality she goes on the defensive rather then offensive. ST used to run from the butterflies, MY attacks the butterflies that frighten her.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, romanov said:

because there's a scene where she says "It's me who will take care of my child"

Where? When? Please tell.

Please can someone tell me what is written on the green board in the scene where GT is thinking about him and MY being ill-fated lovers?

34 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

she definitely left that for MY to find.

You sure it wasnt for ST?

I keep wondering why did the butterfly shadow fell on GT and MY at the end of episode 11. Any guesses?

When GT find the envelop and he walks upstairs to ST while is the cut of sleeping MY with mang tae and pan out to spidery window inserted? Any symbolism that one can interpret from that?

**Edited

Why do I feel that the murder from episode one will also crop up now? That cant be left as a loose end, right?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dramafreak said:

Please can someone tell me what is written on the green board in the scene where GT is thinking about him and MY being ill-fated lovers?

the flashback scene where ST remember the killing accident, we got the scene where MY mom said that to Moon brother's mom right after she stabbed the brother's mom neck.

and for the green board, it said "Romeo & Juliet"

• Like 5

I have the impression that the nurse is more involved because she seems so sure that POR won't come back. In my opinion, she has already killed her in order to keep a secret. Remember that POR was an actress and in my opinion, she must have acted as MY's mother at some point. I have always said that MY's mother had a sister because we were never shown her face. From my point of view, MY didn't know that she had to deal with someone else. Let's not forget that MY dreamed of a body in the lake... so there is someone there. 

What is sure is that the person monitoring MY saw KT's mother as a thread and got rid of her. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5

It must be awkward for Ye Ji and Soo Hyun to meet up at company gathering since they were both now in same agency. Having so much kiss and mellow.. I wonder in Ep 14 or 15, we will get ahem* ahem* bed scene like Whats Wrong with the Secretary Kim. That scene - "I want to have a boy with your face" I imagine time skip? Handsome son of Moon Young

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

When ST had a flash back, retelling the moment of him witnessing his mom being murdered. The woman said that line to moons' mom. 

I just watch the subbed one, and it is translated as Romeo and Juliet :/

I suspect POR as the murderer. Dunno if its just her obsession or under someone control. But looking at the butterfly broch, it was on the right part of MY mom's clothes (at the family portrait), while the murderer put it on her left side. So, could it be her trying to resemble DHJ?

I'm anticipating to ep 13 since it looks like there will be a big mess again in OK hospital in the preview.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@bebebisous33 for the idea that nurse kill POR,at first i thought that too because she's too sure about POR wont comeback but because we got this scene on the preview for ep 13 that there's a lady that driving & wear the butterfly pin. it might be POR, but there might be a twist.

and for MY flashback that she didnt save someone who's drowned & calling for help, i wondered if it just her depiction that her mother is in bloody state and crying for help in the basement, but she didn't help her at that time? not that someone really drowned?

anyways for the tale of two sisters, after i read it..

i feel like the underlined meaning the story told is different between the the film adaption and the real folktale.

here's the folktale one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janghwa_Hongryeon_jeon

but i still can't find the relation for ep 13 title... like who's the father? who's the sister? or "the sisters" here is moon brothers? or the writer just takes the "revenge/truth revealed" theme from the folktale?

• Like 10

The scene of GT suited up with hair slicked back and walking toward MY and ST wrecked my heart. He looked soo handsome BUT the deep pains in his eyes was so jarring.....KSH is an exceptional actor.

We can see that after he knew the truth, GT did come around BUT I think MY will bolts if she realizes her Mom killed Moon Mommy. This will be the heaviest baggage to put down.  It’s irks me a lot when GT is screaming at MY. She’s the only person he screams at. GT got real loose mouth when it comes to MY both in screaming and kissing her....damn!!

It’s heart warming to see 3 dysfunctional and damaged persons stay together and repair each other. 

• Like 22

I loved all the episodes, but this weekends eps were 10/10!

Can we talk about Sang Tae's character development?! I'm so proud of him like he's my brother or something lmao. Such a natural progression and Oh Jung Se is playing it so beautifully. I just want to squeeze him. 

I also want to hug KT, another great delivery by KSH! KT has so much sadness built up inside him and I really want the happiest ending possible for all three of them. The "empty can" comment keeps being mentioned but its clear KT actually envies MY for being the way she is, but the truth is she's carrying a lot of pain and trauma as well. Next week is going to be her breaking point and I'm already crying. Also, KT can be *really* mean to MY when he's upset. I don't like it. I'm like "Boy who are you yelling at?" 

I'm also here for Jae Su dragging KT over the phone. I feel bad for him. I hope he and MY can become cool. I want to see it.

Okay- upon further review it is MY's mom she looks like the woman in MY's nightmares. But I want to know her motivation. The "I will take care of my child" is throwing me for a loop. What's that about...Also where does the head nurse fit in? I guess she could be MY's mom's sister? I need answers. 

Side note: KSH looked sooo handsome at the end I literally gasped idk i knew he was going to show up but wow....*chef's kiss*

That was all over the place I just woke up and my thoughts are all scrambled lol

• Like 9
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Annie12 said:

Hello

I have not watched episode 12 yet so i am only going to comment up to 11.

Ok i dont know, i only speculate that this psycho actress who went to wish Ko Moon Young happy birthday is actually the murderer of Moon Gang-tae's and Moon Sang-tae's mom. And she was initiated to do that by reading the book of KMY's mom.

and possibly this is going to be revealed and the couple will break up.

xx

ep 12 answered this mystery.. mom is the killer

face shown is the same as mom

2 hours ago, romanov said:

I believe Park Ok Ran is the real killer. She's an obsessed fan of MY's mom, dressed up like MY's mom then killed KT's mom. I seconded @Cayu18 post.

But my next question is:

what is her relation to KT's mom? and what does she mean by 'my child'?

because there's a scene where she says "It's me who will take care of my child"

confused.. ep 12 clarified it is MY's mom who killed ST's mom

We see partial face of the killer and it is the same face we saw in MY's memory of the mother (when they showed her lips and all whi;e combing mY's hair)

• Like 3

I think in next episode MY's mom will show up in the hospital, maybe this is the reason we saw her run away in the preview... It's time for MY to fight back hers demons and i hope KT will stay by her side!

• Like 4