[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

40 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

I loved all the episodes, but this weekends eps were 10/10!

Can we talk about Sang Tae's character development?! I'm so proud of him like he's my brother or something lmao. Such a natural progression and Oh Jung Se is playing it so beautifully. I just want to squeeze him. 

I also want to hug KT, another great delivery by KSH! KT has so much sadness built up inside him and I really want the happiest ending possible for all three of them. The "empty can" comment keeps being mentioned but its clear KT actually envies MY for being the way she is, but the truth is she's carrying a lot of pain and trauma as well. Next week is going to be her breaking point and I'm already crying. Also, KT can be *really* mean to MY when he's upset. I don't like it. I'm like "Boy who are you yelling at?" 

I'm also here for Jae Su dragging KT over the phone. I feel bad for him. I hope he and MY can become cool. I want to see it.

Okay- upon further review it is MY's mom she looks like the woman in MY's nightmares. But I want to know her motivation. The "I will take care of my child" is throwing me for a loop. What's that about...Also where does the head nurse fit in? I guess she could be MY's mom's sister? I need answers. 

Side note: KSH looked sooo handsome at the end I literally gasped idk i knew he was going to show up but wow....*chef's kiss*

That was all over the place I just woke up and my thoughts are all scrambled lol

Yep, the way he reacted there was mean, but also understandable given what he found out and the emotional roller coaster he went threw in the last few episodes. The positive thing is that, he knows that how he reacted was not ok, and until the next day managed to get over it (there was so much sadness in his eyes at the end there, but also acceptance and resolution, well done KSH) and come to the studio for the family photo, because he knows how important it will be for MY. I feel like the reason he was so angry now is not for himself but more for MY, because he realizes she will definitely not take it well. 

• Like 8

Hello! I'm very fresh to this platform, I was following most of your comments here and I am so glad that there are a lot of people who REALLY love this drama. Hands up for Moon Bros and Ko Moon-Young! (For Jae-su, Ju-ri and others too!)

:7555_attack:

I'm Turkish and maybe you're aware or maybe not of most of the Turkish series (not the recent ones that have been customized from Korean series but the old ones I'm talking about). We had many major series that were melodramatic that you couldn't help yourself but cry and feel sad for a long time about them. So, IOTNBO for the last two episodes reminded me a thing that I've read in our literature and watched in our series... It's an intuition but I'm sure writernim will not end like this:

If IOTNBO was a Turkish series the end would be like; Moon-young's mom would not be dead at all, the actress Park O-Ran would be Moon-young's real mom with a lot of plastic surgeries and she would have return to kill Sang-tae and when Gang-tae would stand up to protect his big brother he would have been stabbed by Park O-ran and die (I don't want this to happen of course :bawling:) and Moon-young would have been pregnant with Gang-tae's baby (maybe a son as she desired)... Does it also remind you some Latin American melodramas, yeah some Turkish series are also like that haha...

Writer-nim please give us a happy ending, everybody needs that. Most of the psychological issues were handled so softly in this drama I couldn't hold my tears back and cried a lot and felt relieved at the end.

So I'm inserting IU's OST from Hotel del Luna - Our Happy Ending here: 

Spoiler

Take care all! 

P.S: By the way when Moon-young's mother killed Moon Bros' mother, she mentioned "It is me who will take care of my child". I think Moon Bros' mom was working at the Welfare Center (maybe? or in a hospital? until late hours) and she would be taking care of Moon-young because it seemed that at her age she seemed lonely and threatening other kids... Do Hui-Jee interfered at this decision to let her only daughter being in a Welfare Center (or elsewhere?) because she was already obsessed with her daughter and killed the woman who would have been in charge of Moon-young...

Edited by triplem
off topic in spoiler
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

I wonder why does St's mom tell GT should not know about them going out to meet the murderer.

Also, i think by going with the obvious the writer may be misguiding us?

Dont you think OK hospital's balcony or main hall serves as a theatre hall where all the drama happens while everyone at the hospital is then an audience like us?

Also,  blue beard story is about how the wife escapes with the help of a sister. So, we know that a sister will step up.

When GT held her hand in the preview I was like will our hero now chase the heroine or no?

Uptil now our FL is being a typical male in a romantic drama while the ML is being the female. He feels and is more sensitive. He is also Candy in the typical sense of the character. So does that mean that if we follow MY's interpretation of Romeo Juliet then:

Juliet should not have had the poison on her own but both should have shared ir together such that they wouldnt have a tragic end! Following this logic, GT should share the poison (pain of his discovery) such that romeo (MY) does not end up dying (figuratively).

@Not Me thank you for answering. One question because you shared episode 13's synopsis... MY already knows about her father being terminally sick so... what was the last line of the synopsis about? Any guesses? Or did i miss something, again :D

• Like 9

20 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

The forum keeps throwing me out, so at some point I gave up on writing a long comment. :(

I'll say just that both yesterday's & today's episodes were Sang-tae's and they were my favourites so far. So, although some may say KMY & MKT are the mains in this drama, it is not the case - there are three mains. The family portrait shows it. :) All the videos Swoonies organise with all three actors show it too.

Again, incredible acting from KSH. I've been repeating myself for so long when it comes to his acting skills but this time, as rude as it sounds, I'll just say: this is why he is the highest paid actor in South Korea. Enough said.

This time we had a patient in the main role & a driver for the future events - the man who fought in the Vietnam War. His story was tragically beautiful but would be the main catalyst for the change of not only MST but MKT too.

Aaand... of course, the logical thing - MST & KMY are siblings. We've already guessed it correctly for the most part, it did not come out as surprise. Wondering now why MST ended up with MKT's mother, though. I won't delve into theories, I will read you for now - you're extremely clever and have covered so many interesting points already.

Ah, last but not least, KSH in a suit. I am living for this, I really am. :D 

No but look at that... Jeeeeeeeeessuuuuuuusssss Chriiiiiist..... 

100% agree on MY and ST being siblings - so many instances hint at this (e.g., Butterfly lady saying "I will take care of my child" - referring to ST maybe?; JuRi's mom commenting on how similar ST and MY are / the way they look; both artistically talented and super creative, etc). 

One theory:

GT's mom was hired as housekeeper / caretaker in the castle, perhaps as a babysitter to ST given his special needs >> MY/ST's mom gave ST to GT's mom and paid GT's mom to keep ST (since they're poor), perhaps even telling her to fake that ST "went missing" so she (MY/ST's mom) wouldn't have to deal with him... either that, or GT's mom witnessed MY/ST's mom treating ST poorly and took him herself >> MY/ST's father found out >> father got mad >> MY/ST's mother tried to take ST back from GT's mother, but at this point GT's mother refused >> MY/ST's mother kills her and says "I will take care of my child"

We also recall the hospital director telling GT something to the extent (forgot exact wording) "Be patient, one day ST will be the one healing / saving you." Perhaps ST will be the ultimate healer in the following episodes for both GT and MY - maybe he is the key to

> Helping GT learn he *can* and *should* share the burden, versus just keeping it to himself

> Helping MY fight her trauma head on

> Getting MY (and perhaps his too) father get past his dementia and recall the memories to piece together the family history before he passes away. 

All speculation here of course - feel like everyone on this thread may have even better theories!

And of course... KSH looks soooo handsome with his slicked back hairstyle. Omg

16 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

I wonder why does St's mom tell GT should not know about them going out to meet the murderer.

Also, i think by going with the obvious the writer may be misguiding us?

Dont you think OK hospital's balcony or main hall serves as a theatre hall where all the drama happens while everyone at the hospital is then an audience like us?

Also,  blue beard story is about how the wife escapes with the help of a sister. So, we know that a sister will step up.

When GT held her hand in the preview I was like will our hero now chase the heroine or no?

Uptil now our FL is being a typical male in a romantic drama while the ML is being the female. He feels and is more sensitive. He is also Candy in the typical sense of the character. So does that mean that if we follow MY's interpretation of Romeo Juliet then:

Juliet should not have had the poison on her own but both should have shared ir together such that they wouldnt have a tragic end! Following this logic, GT should share the poison (pain of his discovery) such that romeo (MY) does not end up dying (figuratively).

@Not Me thank you for answering. One question because you shared episode 13's synopsis... MY already knows about her father being terminally sick so... what was the last line of the synopsis about? Any guesses? Or did i miss something, again :D

Wow the Romeo / Juliet reference is spot on and makes so much sense! I love this!

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Just finished ep 12.

Wow what an emotional roller coaster.

I cried with the bus scene and the patient who was having post trauma  memory. 

I am now really confused with who the killer is.

If its MY's mom it would be really difficult for KT to be with her.

If MY finds out this she will be her that will abandon KT ans ST (there was an episode with KT telling her when you love someone you let them go -or something similar, i dont really remember now)

I think there will be a plot twist.

I agree that head nurse seems really strange. I never thought that until you mentioned it here.

-What if the nurse is twin sister with POR. They dont look the same because POR had plastic surgeries.

I can only speculate so far, i have no idea of the true reason of the murder.

I wrote before that she POR having read the book, she acted like the lead of the book. But i dont know now.

-Maybe is a puppet of her sister(assuming they are sisters)

-Maybe the book idea was originally the nurse's or hers idea and she wanted revenge. 

Oh i dont know. (Eaching my head now:D)

4 episodes left to unfold the plot.

( maybe 3 the 4rth one will be a hapoy one)

Xx

• Like 6

And the head nurse is planting all the things for GT to find. And GT has no reason to think that the head nurse is involved.

2 hours ago, Not Me said:

ep 13 that there's a lady that driving & wear the butterfly pin.

Is the lady really driving or lying on a seat. I wondered if it was a deadbody wearing the brooch.

Just conjectures :D

i so want the show to do something bizzare.

• Like 3

Ohh another weird conjecture:

MY is in white and when she is drinking with Juri she is speaking of her father and Juri's mom...

Will My's father die in episode 13?

I am ready for something as angsty as ST's breakdown... it  was painful and most probably I wont be able to see it again but i want something as powerful. 

Show I am ready to be a sadist, just for you. Go for it. I  want MY's story be as daebak!

• Like 4

I posted this before. Sorry to repost again.

The Nurse may be not MY mother. 

One potential is that she is her long time fan of Do Hui Jae, who is also accidentally her daughter. Looking at her face, I presume she is mid 40s or late 30s. I presume Do Hui Jae harbors a dark secret regarding her past before marrying Ko Dae Hwan.

Clues - Bluebeard, Zombie Mother, Lost Puppy, Beauty and the Beast

Flashbacks - Drowning, Novels, Butterflies, monster, "she is not what it seems to be" meaning she is faking her self infront of Ko Dae Hwan, Blood gushes out, Impulsive behaviour. The BASEMENT - It is locked but I think there is a hidden entrance to it.

Sang Tae is now 35 years old. So it does not make sense if the nurse is older than him while both of them looks like same age friends. If MY mother is alive, she would be in mid 50s? Ko Dae Hwan is around late 60s. 

One thing is that the Nurse might be someone related to MY mother. Thats all, but it seems that she takes a good care of the dad. 

My theory is

1. Ko Dae Hwan found out Do Hui Jae dark past 

2. GT and ST mother is hired as caretaker to MY/as a caretaker of the mansion, given the hint by "My daughter/ I will come late at night, so go back with GT/I got a new job with a good person

3. MY is scared of the past; she is digusted with the dad; meaning her dad might be the one who beats up her mother in front of her.

4. Her dad did something to her *aka bad things. 

5. Her mother is dying/blood gushes out but soon no body is found. She escaped or she is really dead. 

6. I think Ko Dae Hwan is trying to kill himself, together with Moon Young. Suicide. Like he ties himself up with MY and jumps to the lake. A scene of drowning.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

• I think MY's father will be the key to the whole mystery because he knows MY's mother, the head nurse, POR and probably know ST and GT's mother as well.
  • No matter what horrible thing he had done to MY, I hope she has grown up a lot to forgive him during his last moments.
  • I'm so loving the character maturation of MY and ST and also feeling for GT. I grin the moments ST and MY really get along but also cry for the pain GT is suffering. Hopefully it will be a happy ending, and GT will realize ST and MY are there for him as much as he is there for them, that he doesn't have to be strong and understanding all the time. 
  • Like someone had already mentioned, ST will also be my favorite third wheel and I love him as much as my own brother. I also hope Oh Jung-se will earn a lot of awards and recognitions from this drama.
  • Like 8

One thing that bogs me down; why now? Why after nearly 20 years? Is it because they both met? Sang Tae and Moon Young. Or rather when Moon Young sets her foot to Seongjin City. If the nurse is really bad person, she could ruin her life when Moon Young is famous at the top. 

My only guess is that the gears of "this story" started when MY made a controversy and soon she returned to Seongjin City. The person kept waiting and waiting for the right moment- making sure that Sang Tae and Gang Tae met Moon Young. MY slips up with mistake and controversy and the brothers came back.

She sent Ju Ri, knowing Ju Ri might be able to convince the brothers to go back.

Maybe the nurse isnt bad. She might want to reveal the truth to help them face the trauma or shackles that bogs them down.

Listen; a nurse is trained to be compassion. So I wonder  

• Like 7

On 7/27/2020 at 8:46 AM, Teeners said:

I know there's been a lot of discussion already about who killed the Moon brothers' mom, but I can't get this image off my mind -

Reveal hidden contents
It's probably just me, but that eye looks a lot like it belongs to JR's mom... but it can't be!!! I mean, ST talks to her all the time so surely he would have recognized her by now. Plus, her being the killer really makes no storytelling sense to me. 

This is giving me chills by just reading it. :wut:

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images, gifs and videos in your posts. Thank you.
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

The relationship between GT and MY - this last two EP brought up the keyword "patient"
GT told MY to be patient in order to gain trust from ST.
JS told MY to be patient in order to get closer to GT by staying with him patiently.
So how long does it take? It will take a long time to see the effect and this takes both parties to work hand in hand. The last scene GT showed up surprisingly on the family photo and MY was waiting patiently for him - this scene reflected the "patient act" by MY, but GT once again was suppressing his emotion that displayed on his eyes.

The relationship between GT and MY going to be suffered a lot, the last scene that he shouted at MY in the hospital room, and she did not know what went wrong, (of course we knew what was going on with GT's mood on that day) - if GT constantly changes his mood or suppresses his feeling, that imbalance relationship will only harm further.  

Generally when it comes to regulating difficult emotions, most people respond either act out or they suppress. If we act out with a strong emotion like anger, we will most likely create "undesirable consequences" in our relationships, and that affect our work, and even our play. The ripple effects of acting out usually provoke more anger around our surrounding people. The consequences of suppressing the big emotions in the long run can be even more harmful to GT's health. Unfortunately, the story did not lead us into this message that constantly suppressing can be also harmful to the individual's mind and body in the long run. It only explained how heavy the past traumas that GT and MY had been gone through all these while, with the story of the death mum, does it really help for both of them to repair each other? I hope the last ep can show three of them doing exercises together or out for camping together to unchain themselves.

It would be nice if the director of the hospital will come and offer professional advice to GT in words, or perhaps the drama can offer a range of mindfulness skill practices to increase the understanding and controlling of challenging emotions like fear and anger, and also how to release the suppressing emotion : a very good example was that the hospital director had guided ST to overcome the fear of "butterflies" by facing it, and practicing the painting of the butterfly picture. The beauty of the story that teaches us to cultivate kindness, forgiveness, and compassion - wasn't it already nicely illustrated in this drama? 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, JungRok said:

One thing that bogs me down; why now? Why after nearly 20 years?

Interesting question.

This brings me back to that man's murder in episode 1... is it connected to why after 20 years or a loose end?

• Like 5

And here we go with the roller coaster of emotions again! Funny that it already feels like the calm before a storm with yesterday's episode. And indeed, here comes a thundercrapstorm heading towards KT and MY again. The drama has a way of taking us through the highs and lows with the characters and really feel their emotions. On the bright side, episode 12 has some really cute, funny, and touching moments before the intense and sad realization by KT. It's nice to know JS is now team MY! That scene at JS's pizza restaurant between JS, MY, and KT was hilarious.:Megalol:  

We've got some really good character development for ST this episode. So proud of him for being able to confront his fears, talk about what he remembers from that night his mom was murdered, and help a patient on the bus by comforting him. How exciting to see MY and ST finally get started working on MY's next book. And like KT, I too hope it will be a happy ending. It should be a happy ending and it better be a happy ending. I also enjoyed that little moment between MY and ST right before taking photos about being the real ST. This new ST is the real ST. 

Poor KT, what a mess of emotions to go through. It's sad to see him lash out at MY the way that he did. It can be so hurtful for MY. But on the other hand, MY is also the only person he can just let his emotions leak out. It's great that he did ultimately show up for the family portrait. Although I have to say, when he showed up, it felt like KSH making a cameo in the drama instead of KT showing up LOL. Maybe it's because I also just watched them play Jenga where KSH was wearing a suit and his hair was styled the same way. :joy:

It seems with the preview of the next episode, someone wearing the butterfly pin is going to show up. Is it really going to be a character revealing themselves to be MY's mom? Some relative showing up? Or is Park Ok Ran returning wearing MY mom's clothes? Since the drama has a way with twists and turns, the answer usually isn't the most obvious one.

I think it's possible that MY's mom may not have murdered the Moon brothers' mom. It's been shown that ST has a good memory but his memory of traumatic events has been half correct. Like with the falling into the water situation, KT saved him and ST was the one that walked away but he didn't remember that part. I'm wondering if the writers are going to make ST's memory of that night as only half of the story and it's missing the other half. Since Park Ok Ran brought over the envelope with the butterfly, are the writers going with Park Ok Ran being potentially the one that killed the Moon brother's mom? Maybe MY's mom came to talk to KT & ST's mom and then left. And then crazy fan Park Ok Ran heard their conversation and then came out to kill. Or was there something about it in the last book MY's mom wrote? I'm still curious about that book since the title indicates murder. And the head nurse is still suspicious. Will say, if MY's mom is out for revenge, one way is certainly to work at the hospital her dad is at and torture him endlessly with his memories. Looking forwards to see where the writers are going with this. Can't believe there are only 4 episodes left. 

Just something I do want to see in the upcoming episodes: MY walking away from KT for his own good and KT fighting to be with her no matter what. I just want to see that dynamic happen because it's always been MY chasing after KT, needing him, and saying she would never let him go. I do want to see her in a selfless act of letting him go for his own good. And then finally KT stepping up, chasing her, and fighting to be with her. Even if it's one episode, I would like to see the dynamics change.   

• Like 11

Moon Young's Omma is this actress:

Capture2.pngCapture.png

source: https://cafe.naver.com/yejiholic/12267

Granted she could have undergone plastic surgery to conceal her identity afterwards. I wonder how The Tale of the Two Sisters come into play. The story itself is about two sisters being abused by their stepmother and died. Is it just a twist that she has a sister (twin?)... and were one living in the light while the other in the dark as one identity? I don't know, I'm just throwing in the ideas :P 

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1

It's been a while since I came back to making comments here in Soompi but this drama is just making my head go nuts like how I was with Reply 88. So to start...

The nurse is KMY's mom. Her features and the features of KMY's mom are so similar. The nurse (sorry I forgot her name) is too smart for her own good. She knows everything and even decide things on her own. As for killing MGT's mom, I was expecting KMY's mom to be killer but it boggles my mind why she said, "I will take care of my own child." Why would she say that? Is there a relationship between KMY and MGT's mom? Is MST really is KMY's real brother? Or is it a warning for the Moon family because she saw MGT showing interest in KMY and she wants KMY to be alone? Too many theories.

As for MGT showing up on the photoshoot, it's his decision to embrace KMY completely and making her part of his family. It's him facing his demons. He knows how KMY is so scared of her mom. He knows what she feels and he has taken up to himself to take care of her for life. Note: I really hope this is true. 

Observations:

If MGT is the safety pin of KMY then KMY is the trigger to MGT. They have the complete opposite effect to each other's fault. I think the reason why he was going to look for the runaway patient is not because he is doing his job but because he was mad because KMY got hurt. KMY misinterpreted him that's why he came to his senses and stayed with her and completely turned around everything with the oh so freaking kiss.

That's it. I'll be commenting again when I think of something. Thank you for reading this post. 

• Like 6

I love episode 11 and how they reflect on all those previous episodes. How Mun Young got a cut on her hands and how her CEO got money from Juri. It shows how much character development in a similar situation. Then when Sang Tae asked Gang Tae if he have eaten. To ask someone if they’ve eaten was what Gangtae usually do to Sangtae . It shows cares and love. In contrast, Mun Young used to say she’s hungry. Somehow relate to how much love she wants. To recite what Gang Tae told Mun Young ‘that boy really is not hungry, what he wants is love and warmth (from his mother)’

Recently people have been suspicious about Park Ok Ran for being Mun Young’s mother as well as the head nurse as the prior was too obvious . Park Ok Ran has too many similarities to Mun Young (saying she wants something and being manipulative to Mun Young). She is either Mun Young’s mother or have some connections with her to be able to know so much. Although I don’t think the head nurse is Mun Young’s mother, to me she is also suspicious and a questionable character (or it could simply a coincidence).

The most touching moment in episode 11 is probably when Sang Tae realised Gang Tae is happy. I remember Sang Tae said Gang Tae whine at night when he sleeps. We always see Gang Tae hides his emotion and always appears happy to not worry his brother. But Sang Tae would watch Gang Tae’ sleeping and that’s when he showed his true emotion. It’s like a twist when we thought Sang Tae is not good with reading emotion yet he knows how Gang Tae felt. And despite pretending to be happy Gang Tae could not hide with true emotion. 

• Like 9