[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

2 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Yes, KT has yelled and vented his anger out on MY by saying some cruel things but in ep 11 - she totally called him out on it and I think he is aware and he apologized to her. So I think he is trying but like a bad habit, it takes time. It only happened again in ep 12 re KT thinking it’s MY’s mom killing his mom. So it was a both a defense and act of protecting her. Although he yelled at her, it was asking her to leave not with intentionally cruel words. 

There’s a tone to the online comments that since these MY, ST and KT have issues, they shouldn’t be in a relationship. I totally disagree. Human connection and relationships are important and they can help people over come and grow. Also - EVERYONE has some kind of issues it you want to be real. In the end, it is a drama and for me, it is about the context. 

thanks for the response! i definitely agree with you. it was bad that he yelled at her but like you said it was just for her to leave. he needed space. his volume and tone made it harsher but there was no malice behind those words unlike the ones he spoke of at the beach scene. it was unfair to MY to be treated that way but its also unfair to condemn KT for just being human. he was barely holding it together himself, as we saw when he completely broke down right after she left. the boy is trying his best. 

the online comments are definitely treating this very black and white. they are expecting too much from KT tbh. Given what he had found out, his response by showing up to the photoshoot actually shows great character development. they're just seeing the locker scene without considering the whole picture and how far these characters have come. yes he didn't verbally say "sorry" (might i add yet) but his actions (i.e deciding to pull his safety pin by passionately kissing her, telling her about his past and showing up to the photoshoot), tell us (and MY) that he doesn't mean his words. KT isn't going to be perfect overnight, he's allowed to still be flawed much like MY and ST. MY is still allowed to be impulsive and bold e.g. when she made a little scene at the shops and pizza store, so why can't the same understanding be applied when KT is frustrated especially after he has just found out his girlfriends mum maybe killed his mum... i.e. the reason behind his 20 years of constant pain and running away. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

I understand most viewers pity MY when KT yell at her in the hospital room, because most of us are coming from the women point of view. 

To be honest, men are strange animals, if we are too close or too sticky to our loved one, and always appeared or ready for him, he may not treasure you much, especially when he is not in good mood or under pressure.

To deal with our love one, especially in the early stage of relationship, we must act smart and know when it's the appropriate time to show up in front of him, too clingy in the relationship may not help, will only be worsen. A smart strategy is required in dealing with the love one,  one of the best move is to give him more space and work on the trust issue. I have done a simple research before,  men like women that are high in confidence level. 

For MY, of course, she got lots of things to learn, such as trust issue, (she got jealous with the "female ants" in pizza shop, though it was funny), need to build up her confidence level , focus more on herself like writing the book, manage her anxiety, etc. 

I can understand why the writer gave such a scene that KT shouted at her is because MY is  constantly needing an attention from him, and needs  to touch her partner, even as a reassurance that they’re still there, it can be problematic in the long run unless they communicate early what they feel likes and dislikes . Some people may feel physically held back or reserved if they are touched too much, so make sure we are respecting our partner’s boundaries. Eg. during the BTS, practising their script, I noticed few times from KSH that he had withdrawn the touch from SYJ when she was being too touchy. The small body language could tell that your partner does not like it.  (KSH is aquarius horoscope, so i know he needs space, same as me, LOL)

In order to let KT chase after her probably towards the ending, MY should complete her story book, because by enhancing her self-love, and self-confidence that will less likely to cling to others as a way of validating herself.  

There may be a time jump for the next few EP (??), but no matter how, i noticed on EP12 that there were some hits given that the ending may be a positive one, such as MY will complete her book with the happy ending, and ST will eventually overcome his fear by painting the butterflies on the hospital wall. For KT, he may probably get promoted, or lucky to have two loved ones beside him in a family. The last scene on last EP may appear the same (shown in ST drawing) , three of them out for a trip, sitting on a jeep - Bravo !!!:D

• Like 9

I didn't know there are some comments online that said since there are not good to each other then they shouldn't be together??? How wrong is that!!! The 3 are dysfunctional, damaged and came with lots of extra baggage but they are completing, repairing and helping each other in a way that "normal" people can't understand.

The process isn't pretty and painless but they are going there. Even us the "normal" ones aren't perfect, we made lots of mistakes and blunders. This 16 episodes drama is their journey in healing. As we can see, MY is improves a lot she started to feels empathy and tolerance to her surrounding. She learns that love is NOT selfish. GT learns how to be a regular Joe and ST is became a real Hyung and a care taker to others not only being taking care of.

The only elephant in the room since the beginning for us viewers is Mommy vs Mommy. I would think that Writernim is going to the direction of our biggest fear, Moon Mommy is murdered by MY's Mommy. Because this drama isn't about how to avoid problems by running away from it BUT how to face the biggest fear in your life, overcome it, heals from your bruises, get on with your life and be happy with people you love the most.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, yourinnerstar said:

We also recall the hospital director telling GT something to the extent (forgot exact wording) "Be patient, one day ST will be the one healing / saving you." Perhaps ST will be the ultimate healer in the following episodes for both GT and MY - maybe he is the key to

> Helping GT learn he *can* and *should* share the burden, versus just keeping it to himself

> Helping MY fight her trauma head on

> Getting MY (and perhaps his too) father get past his dementia and recall the memories to piece together the family history before he passes away. 

I agree with you. I think ST will be the one that stick them together.

14 hours ago, JungRok said:

2. GT and ST mother is hired as caretaker to MY/as a caretaker of the mansion, given the hint by "My daughter/ I will come late at night, so go back with GT/I got a new job with a good person

I also agree with this one. Because If you pay attention to the bag that Sangtae wears that night, it's some kind help center(?). So I guess yes, Ko Dae Hwan hires the brothers' mom through ths center.

• Like 4

https://k-communities.com/2020/07/27/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-12/
K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” Episode 12
July 27, 2020

Seo Yeji and Oh Jung Se’s morning fight! Kim Soohyun don’t know where to go..
0FCD271B-CC19-4EF4-9FE2-A552EF071E03.jpg
Original post: Naver TV

[+1,576,-4]Sang Tae shighing after Moon Young said she kissed Kang Tae is hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1,463,-5]While my best friend burned 8 pieces of bread ㅋㅋㅋ I did the laundry and cleaned everything while you were falling sleepingㅋㅋ

[+1,124,-3]’It tastes terrible how can I eat it all by myself’ㅋㅋㅋ Sang Tae-oppa is so smartㅋ that was so funny!

[+798,-3]What’s up with the chemistry between Moon Young and Sang Tae ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it was seriously so funㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+703,-3]’You were fast asleep’ ㅋㄱㅋㄱㅋㄱㅋㄱㅋㄱㅋㅋㄱㅋㄱ I like Sang Tae the mostㅜㅜ

[+631,-3]These two are like real sibling ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ their bickering is hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+497,-3]Now the three of them are living like normal human beings..ㅜㅠ

[+447,-5]It’s like Kang Tae’s raising two kids^_^

[+412,-2]Moon Young is seriously so pretty…..ㅠㅠ

[+367,-3]Moon Young and Sang Tae’s bickering is so cute…♡

Seo Yeji shooting ‘Cooperate’ in the middle of the market
3DDD8A52-AFCB-48EF-B2FE-A440D81C1036.jpg

[+1,401,-11]Souting “I love you” Souting “Let’s have a baby”ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋThe deer’s singing styleㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+1,039,-9]I really hope both of you have a baby and live happily for a long time

[+990,-6]Moon fox, why won’t you cooperate?

[+837,-5]I want your cooperation..

[+712,-2]Writer-nim, I really wanna see Kang Tae and Moon Young have a baby and live happily, please……

[+704,-2]No ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why didn’t she shout ‘Let’s get married’ instead of ‘Let’s have a baby’ firstㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋSeriously, Ko Moon Young is driving me crazyㅋㅋㅋ Moon Kang Tae on the other hand, looks nervousㅋㅋ

[+483,-3]Moon Kang Tae, cooperate right now!!

[+429,-2]It would be nice to have a son who looks like Kang Tae haha

[+365,-3]Kang Tae looks so cute when he’s flustered ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+318,-2]ㅋㅋㅋㅋKang Tae’s voice is shaking ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Seo Yeji and Kim Soohyun’s drinking game result ☞ a sweet drunk kiss♡
8C5F6F15-D1EB-42C2-81CB-0D8BEEE78528.jpg

[+1,718,-9]Ah sh*** my head f***ing hurts why am I freaking dizzy f*** … If you wanna do this why do you keep beeping out the words

[+1,346,-5]The beep sound was so accurate, it didn’t miss any wordㅋㅋ

[+847,-5]What am I gonna do when the show ends cause I wanna keep hearing Ko Moon Young cursing,, I miss it alreadyㅋㅋㅋ

[+814,-2]Moon Young cursing is so refreshingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Also, Kang Tae is so sweet,,,♡

[+653,-1]The kiss was so heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅜㅠㅠㅠ Moon Kang Tae might die from illness….

[+618,-2]Why am I smacking my lips again when they’re kissing?

[+609,-2]She challenged him and got drunk right awayㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Just how charming can Moon Young get?

[+461,-3]Moon Young curses even when she’s drunkㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+373,-2]That beep sound was so funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ My head f***ing hurts

[+350,-4]Moon Young said she wouldn’t curse, but she can’t help itㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Kim Soohyun shows up in a suit to take a family picture with Seo Yeji and Oh Jung Se

Spoiler

3E3BC28E-926D-4622-AC10-D7FB85BD7F27.jpg

[+4,500,-12]Kim Soohyun showed up instead of Kang Tae…?

[+3,381,-11]Let’s be honest, no one expected him to style his hair up, right?

[+2,812,-9]Moon Kang Tae is a little fox… Who’s this big and cool dude?…. Who the guy in front of us?..

[+2,242,-7]Look at how Moon Young and Sang Tae’s expression changed, they look so happy! Also, Kim Soohyun’s beauty is driving me crazy!

[+2,104,-12]! It was just like when he showed up in “Miss Granny”s ending!!

[+1,913,-7]Woah… What’s up with that face…

[+1,541,-8]Kim Soohyun looks so good in that suit…

[+1,382,-8]I thought this was some kind of wedding…. The Moon-kang family is so prettyㅠㅠㅠ

[+1,234,-4]My eyes brightened as soon as Kim Soohyun showed up wearing a suit… Woah… I’ve always thought he looked handsome wearing just a plain shirt, but I’m blow away by him with a fancier style… Woah…

[+1,039,-4]Kim Soohyun is seriously driving me crazy… I was so surprised by how handsome he looked when he just came out, I’m still amazed by his face now that I’m looking at it for a second time

[+966,-8]Crazy! Crazy!! Kim Soohun with his hair up is really handsome…

——————

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/27/fans-stand-in-awe-of-kim-soo-hyuns-perfect-visuals-in-the-recent-episode-of-its-okay-to-not-be-okay/
Fans Stand in Awe of Kim Soo Hyun’s Perfect Visuals in the Recent Episode of ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’

by krishkim

Spoiler

F82E2CC3-8E7E-4709-836C-F4190C30FDFA.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun showed off his amazing visuals in the recent scene in tvN drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.

Kim Soo Hyun is currently starring in drama It’s Okay to Not Be Okay as Moon Kang Tae. It’s Okay to Not Be Okay is a depicts a fantasy fairytale-like love story of Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun), a psych ward community worker who refuses to love under the weight of heavy life, and Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji), a fairytale writer who doesn’t understand love.

In the recent episode, Go Moon Young suggested that her new family, Moon Sang Tae and Moon Kang Tae, take a family photo. The next day, Moon Young and Sang Tae headed to the studio first as Kang Tae was in shock of the shocking news.

But the moment the two were about the take the pictures, Kang Tae showed up in a black suit with his hair all styled. He walked into the studio, asking, “I’m not late, right?”

After the broadcast, fans showed hot reactions to Kim Soo Hyun’s perfect visuals.

“OMG. I literally screamed when he walked in.”

“He is the definition of handsome.”

“His eyes are crying. Poor Kang Tae.”

“Wow. Just wow.”

“Looks amazing with his hair down. Looks even more amazing with his hair up.”

Source (1)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hi all, I have enjoyed this drama as well as all the insight/discussions all of you have shared.

And I would like to pay my tribute as well.

This drama has all I can ask for: social issues, family values, friendship, romance, dark fantasy and thriller with the spin/twist from fairy/folk tales we are familiar with, which makes this such an enjoyable and brilliant watch.

And the plot flow dictated by the director is superb. I am glad that the director has insisted on his unique artistic way of setting the tone and pace of the drama as he deemed fit. It has enable the viewers to embark on a self learning journey alongside with the 3 leads.  

I will go as far as to say that the director, PD and writer have challenged the maturity of the viewers to take a serious contemplative look at the unconventionality in Moon Young's interpretations of the tales she wove and the dark complexity in the 3 leads' background. Plus the subtle hints thrown in between takes. And these are really what has kept me adequately intrigued to continue watching in pursuit of the truth. Up till the latest episode 12, I do think the acts are all put together very nicely indeed.  

To add on, there's enough dose of drama to lighten up the seldom poached topic of mental health. Like all of you do, I enjoy researching on the next fairy/folk tale theme too, which helps to set the stage for the upcoming episode and challenge us to see its relevance in the episode's plot. Something interesting to take the mind off the mundane routine of working from home daily.

As for the characters, I am more blown away by Oh Jung Se's and Seo Ye Jin's portrayal of Sang Tae and Moon Young respectively.  It's so refreshing to hear their POV and see from their perspective -- so blatantly honest and unpretentious and not bound by the social norm.  

My respect for Oh Jung Se climbed many notches up by his acting versatility. Wow.. He really brought Sang Tae to life, loved the innocent naivety he breathed into his role. He's just so believable as Sang Tae.

And Kudos to Seo Ye Ji who has the guts to take on such an outlandish character not commonly seen in Kdrama world. She knows and has discerningly shared in the press conference, that the role of Ko Moon Young is not going to go down well with viewers, at least in the beginning. The character's sociopathic tendencies could be a major turn off for some viewers (if they are quick to judge her). She nailed the role splendidly, and judging by the recent roles she has taken on (eg. Save Me), it goes to show that she is a serious actress out to challenge herself and create her own niche. I look forward to seeing more great works from her and Oh Jung Se.

I am super glad that in today's digital era, such great works can transcend borders and be shared globally. It gives lots of creativity space for film and drama makers to explore diverse genres for the international viewers and not just to cater for their local in-country viewers. The KPI for films/dramas have definitely change dynamically in current 21st century.

Last, I am keeping my fingers crossed that till the end, this drama like a Pandora’s box, will have its dark secrets unveil and most importantly with Hope found within the box for the 3 leads.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Not Me said:

Director Oh, and he will be the one who told MY the whole possibility that MY mom is a killer.

Hey!

If someone is to reveal that MY's mom is GT's mom's killer, it will not be director oh... because GT tells him he doesnt want MY to know.

But the camera pan ends with taking us outside the room! Was someone listening?

• Like 2

87vlyQ.jpg

Very impressive that the opening book of The Boy Who Fed on Nightmare could pass along from one to another through the episodes. And I guess the ending that MY made is kinda open ending and the trip on camping car will be the final sequel? Probably. ;) It's like becoming a lucky charm to those who read it. Telling you how to deal with your trauma and overcome it. I was wondering why is that ahjussi admitted into the hospital. Episode twelve gives a slightest backstory of him. Feeling so sad knowing how he has to deal with such enormous guilt. Hope he gets some peace too at the end of the day. 

It was a Romeo and Julliet theme depicted the tale of MY and ST lovestory. It was bitter but it makes it more flaw and beautiful. 

A9sxVh.jpg

Ah. I love how they unravel each layers of the past. The drama execute all the conflict so well. It is a perfect writing if I must say. The writer did so well in planning how all of these intertwined. It's kinda cliche but the moral message all well conveyed. It's the best thing of this episode. A family will never abandon you and will stick together more in the toughest moments. The three, the no sense of self guy, the emotionless princess, a guy trapped inside a box, have their trip in a camping car. The butterfly murderer will be their next weirdest and more deficient person they're going to meet. I do hope it's going to be a happy ending this time. 

On the lighter notes, I am so amazed of how bold and shameless MY expressing her love and desires to KT. I hope they really end up having a son like she wishes. It would make her less jealous. Lol. Oooh... someone is finding a new love. JR is being anxious waiting for the ceo. He must be very happy when he knows this. 

What's the preview?? No subs. Ok. You guys might have shared the one with eng sub here and I'd find it soon if anyone could tell me the page in which it posted. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Again, I wanted to “see” his thought process and be a part of his character development journey.  

I think that is just the point... he gives in to impulse when it comes to MY. There is no thought process. He cant hold back (ref episode where they are at the guesrhouse and she is sleeping while he is drunk), he tries to control himself (counts to 3 before giving in and kissing her) but cant and episode 12 he regrets it. 

Like someone said somewhere... she is his trigger and he doesnt like that he cant control his instincts.

He cares about people naturally. I am waiting for him to realise that what he feels is deep.

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

What's the preview?? No subs. Ok. You guys might have shared the one with eng sub here and I'd find it soon if anyone could tell me the page in which it posted. 

In my region netflix doesnt show this episode so i saw it on an alternate site there subs were fine for the review. Can share that via pvt message if you need the site name.

Youtube 35 second review on youtube has some viewer who has provided english subs in the comments section.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

I think that is just the point... he gives in to impulse when it comes to MY. There is no thought process. He cant hold back (ref episode where they are at the guesrhouse and she is sleeping while he is drunk), he tries to control himself (counts to 3 before giving in and kissing her) but cant and episode 12 he regrets it. 

Like someone said somewhere... she is his trigger and he doesnt like that he cant control his instincts.

He cares about people naturally. I am waiting for him to realise that what he feels is deep.

Thanks for your insight!  That’s very true and I’m definitely in agreement.  The “thought process” I’m hoping to see is more so after his impulsive actions - so after he realizes he acted on instincts and is facing the consequences (mural scene), how does he recover from that?  What inspires him to sit down to talk with MY, telling her ST’s backstory and laying it out that he needs her in his life but needs her acceptance that it will have to be hand in hand with ST’s acceptance of her?  To me he could have saved her from POR that night and left again.

Though to your point I’m starting to think there was no thought process since he couldn’t hold back kissing her and so he HAD to sit down and talk to her maturely without yelling at her and putting up a front!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

Though to your point I’m starting to think there was no thought process since he couldn’t hold back kissing her and so he HAD to sit down and talk to her maturely without yelling at her and putting up a front!

Haha!

I cant help but laugh because i wonder if things are that easy to see  or analyse  when there is so much sexual tension in the room as there is  between MY and KT. He likes  her and he explains how he likes her as he would like a child (at the pizza parlour in episode 14).

But he is a man and because this is not a book, they  dont speak about the sexual pull he feels towards MY but cant  resist. He counts to 3 too before the kiss... why? To control his wayward emotions and  the desire to let go.

He is sick because he likes her but cant be with her because of his brother. He droops and feels  brain tired  when he realizes to be with his hyung  (and belong to his hyung only) he needs to give up on  MY.  He acknowledges that he  was lovesick when he recovers in a day. He recovers because  he has decided to continue seeing her and make her hyung accept her.  He has acknowledged his  desire for her.

He is worried sick about her which  is why  he hugs he after seeing the blood in the study. He  wants to go after the patient but when MY holds her hand and  says those heart  breaking lines  that he is now keeping a patient above  her, i felt a twinge and he likes her so how could he not go to her. In this situation  does one think or does one jist want to ensure that  his/loved one is not hurting because of him/her?

When she is angry with him before the  kiss and he asks her her to count...  and then they kiss.that  kiss is symbolic to how volatile couples have make up  s** after extremely worked up confrontations.

Do I make sense? 

I want to see KT chase her. I want their relation to be more balanced because for me it is all about MY compromising without always understanding why KT behaves erratically but she really wants him in his life. She has possibly wanted him since he came to her doorstep to give flowers when she was young. She couldnt keep him but she wants to keep him at all costs. 

KT is staying with her and gives her something but it is not all that he can, just yet. My reading of their situation. Some might argue that he is already giving more than he can afford but I do think in comparison to his relation with others barring Jaesu, he is not giving as much of can.

I use Jaesu as an exception because I feel that that friend is super nice but he doesnt get his due recognition by either of the brothers. That guy left his house and has been following them for 10 years... like wow! I want a friend like that :D

• Like 9