[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Ep 11 is making me tear up. Everyone needs love and family is the best description of love. You don't need to be blood related to be a family but you can be a family with your heart. Heart related is much stronger and ticker than blood. Something that Ugly duckling and Ko Gil Dong cartoon messages. And I can't wait to see the recent MY's project to be released as her next book soon. With the three as the main characters are having their journey as family together. Will they be okay cuz the butterfly is coming their way. It feels like the real bomb is going to explode soon. And their recently gained little happiness is put on the line. 

I feel quite annoyed with ST last week but today he won my heart back smoothly by being the real adult here. Aww.. he's so sweet brother to both of his dongsaeng. I feel so touched seeing how he slowly learns to understand in this episodes. The best part is when he willingly shared his saving to treat KT and even give him an allowance. He does it for his brother happiness which just he got to see after so many years. "If you're my brother then act like a real one!" Somehow hit him hard in the heart. Both are being truthful to each other feelings and it's okay to express their anger or annoyance toward each other, a fight sibling moment could be like a therapy. Tho put aside the violence thing, they're making up through this. Now it left one more thing to make them really escape from the nightmare that keep haunting them all these time. Facing it head on, that way they can overcome it. 

I knew it NOR is the murderer. I am much convinced now. But is she really the missing writer YHJ, MY's mother or her copycat. It's interesting to see how this unfold more later. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Alex Stefan said:

Hide contents

I'm 99% sure the person at the end, in the basement, is the head nurse. 

After looking at the lips, I agree with you. Actually I have some theory, that maybe Moonyoung was adopted. She emphasized that she is an orphant multiple times, ofc anyone would think that's because MY's mom is missing and her dad is crazy. But how if, she was an orphant before? 

Also when MY's dad choked Okran, he said that he wont be fooled again. So I assume he did try to kill her and he thought he did, but at the reality MY's mom isn't dead yet (she gone missing). 

I'm so afraid when the truth gut unveiled. We still have 5 episodes to go! I assume 3 episode for MY-KT mom's, and 2 the others for MY-KT-ST moments.

((sorry for my english))±

• Like 5

Been meaning to contribute to this forum for a long time but just never got round to it. Am loving this series simply for the theme it attempts to explore. Discussing neuro-atypical characters is something rarely seen in asian tv and is in fact a topic that few talk about. Kudos to the writers, producers and entire cast and crew for attempting to present this topic as creatively and sensitively as possible. 

I’ve been reading up on antisocial personality disorders and the more I see how Ko Munyeong’s character develop, the more I doubt she actually has an antisocial personality disorder. According to available literature out there, persons with such disorder lack guilt, remorse, are unable to  learn from past mistakes and don’t have a regard for others’ feelings. Munyeong however shows that ability to be concerned with the feelings of others and how they impact her in the process. She does display regret and a sense of longing for relationships. I’m more inclined to think she has Aspergers, which makes it a more interesting syndrome to compare and contrast with Sangtae’s

autism. 

Anyway, all that “intelligent sounding” comments aside, what is more pressing is actually last night’s intense kiss! These 2 actors are amazing and their on screen chemistry is off the charts. I have to say I don’t feel their chemistry in the various publicity videos, so it’s quite clear this is purely a professional relationship. But when it comes to their characters! Whew! Gangtae has been holding it in for so long, that “release” last night was probably still very controlled. Imagine if he had totally let himself go. The outer shirt he took off wouldn’t have been the only thing that was shed!  

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Hello all!

omg I squeaked and squealed at the hugs & hubba hubba that was an amazing kiss! Frankly glad this was second and not first kiss. KT was on FIRE!  Can I say I replayed that scene gazillion times?! :wow1::ohboy2::heart2beat:

All the feels ! I cannot give theory or analysis just my fave scenes. 

- ST being hyung and rising to the challenge treating KT to dinner and giving allowance 

(Great KT kid gloves are off! Plus ST seeing KT real smile in his sleep was wonderful.) His adding MY to join them. The speech on ST being adult and allowing others in family even if not blood using Dooley.

-JS sweetie pie got #3 at least an answer now! A good friend and how the tides turns when now he fawns over MY due to her huge pizza order. Money talks lol!

-JR getting CEO really know how it felt getting money from him after MY caused issues. Mom making her wear lipstick & JR being honest with mom. I like JR was apologetic and opening her eyes to him. Their date was cute and he really likes JR. Seems she brightened under his questions and interest. CEO was sweet to MY about her dad and upcoming schedule. Nice oppa figure.

MY being nice to CEO staff after hearing KT sent her to keep her company. But so MY was nicer due to hearing KT name aww.

Glad she told KT she was upset about his words and his that day was important for her to not be alone. But when saying count to three had her regret then after being kissed by KT she was happy again . Proud of you MY. 

There is more but getting late almost 1am here.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Finally i can see soompi again. BTW i'm still crying for ST. He is a real big brother now and he has to take care of 2 sibilings!!! I love this trio, i hope to see them get happy ending and i wish to see a little child in the finale.:lollipop:

About the MOM. I think head nurse is NOT the mom but i think she killed KT's mom. If it's really a ill-fated relationship between MY and KT i can't see how writer will give a healing plot at all.

:whytho:

AND THAT KISS...:popcornjackson: IT WAS ALL I COULD ASK FOR!!!:coolshades:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

We are so lucky to have today's EP that gave us a sweet and heartwarming ride after the roller-coaster ride last week.

I really love this writer that can give us a simple written script with all the key elements that has the ability to touch our heart easily.

The writer offered us the best scene with a passionate kiss on EP 11, the teasing between the main leads, the dream of high school uniform (puppy love), the smiley face of KT while sleeping, the heartwarming lunch and the living allowance given to KT that was offered by his big brother, ST.  It was truly touching. Writer using KT's leading questions approach to prompt ST : was ST an adult now? It was a wise technique applied on him, because it touched on his soft spot. After the brothers' fight, ST was able to comprehend better that he wanted his brother to be happy and he realized that he needed to compromise a bit and let go of his possessive behavior for the sake of his little brother's happiness. All in All, there must be someone to trigger it before it can roll the ball. KT's approach to tame MY and educate ST are just nicely done. It was never easy for all of them to accept one another as a family in a short term, as long as all parties concerned learn to compromise one another out of love, the harmony relationship can survive in the long term.

To be honest, I enjoyed very much their process of healing, including their emotional struggles, fighting and compromising. I am not so keen on finding who is the real killer who kills their mum, because I appreciate the overall process rather than the end result. Sometimes, the journey does matter, e.g. we gain experience, lesson learnt, gain love or friendship even though the end result (eg. the truth of their mum death) may be disappointed at times. I really hope they will extend to EP 20, but I doubt so.

The writer did not forget to wrap up the ending with the "Ugly Duckling" story to tell the viewers that all animals should stay in harmony even though you are the odd one. Everytime, it offers an intended message that sends across to the viewers who make you ponder and appreciate what it means that applies in our daily life.

I am pretty sure this drama will be nominated for the best drama in 2020, my only request is that I wish "Oh Jung-Se" (Moon Sang-Tae) can win the best supporting role, he is TOO GOOD NOT TO BE IGNORED. He can outshine the main leads. I remember Dustin Hoffman who acted as autistic person and won the Oscar in "Rain man" too. Without this role, it will not have sparks in the story.  Oh Jung-Se's acting is phenomenal. :D

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Reposted from https://k-communities.com/2020/07/26/k-netizens-reactions-to-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-episode-11/
K-netizens’ reactions to “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” Episode 11
July 26, 2020

Seo Yeji and Kim Soohyun’s Kiss Scene
59AEAD52-BC03-4E56-A9D5-3CA445195196.jpg
Original post: Naver TV

[+2,893,-21]I almost had a heart attack when they started kissing after counting one, two, threeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I liked it so much! Moon Kang Tae said he was sick right after the kiss… Moon Kang Tae, ‘You really RickRoll'D me off'(t/n: this is a line from an old U-KISS song that became a meme recently) He’s really a fox…

[+2,692,-17]Crazy!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The start of pleasure, tvN (t/n: that’s tvN’s opening tagline)

[+1,631,-13]Woah! I couldn’t focus on anything else because of this, thank you!

[+1,545,-12]Kang Tae•••fox•••a fox-like boy (t/n:Again, this is another reference to U-KISS’ song)

[+1,441,-13]Crazy! This will be legendary

[+1,385,-13]That kiss was so intense, they didn’t hold back

[+1,354,-11]Ah! We finally got a real kiss

[+992,-13]Ah! This is driving me crazy!

[+920,-8]Ha! This passionate kiss is legendary, I must admit it! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ that was crazy!!

[+916,-7]’One, two, three’ won’t be normal numbers for me now…

[+773,-7]I think I’ll keep replaying this hundreds and thousands of times, I’m serious!!!

Seo Yeji who makes sick Kim Soohyun feel better
9CAA6A48-9965-462A-BE62-7A6A28536F4A.jpg

[+934,-7]Am I the only one who thought about Do Minjoon when he said that he got sick after kissing her…

[+833,-2]Can a sick person be as sexy and attractive? Moon Kang Tae…. seriously!

[+633,-3]We should get one kiss per day now! Writer-nim, this is tvN!

[+522,-3]Ha! This is seriously the best kiss scene ever!

[+423,-1]Please give us a lot of kiss scenes from now on!……. What’s up with the chemistry between these two? They’re so cute! They’re killing me

[+406,-2]Her head pillowed on his arm was so natural..

[+365,-1]All I need now is a marriage registration

[+356,-1]Ah! I’m blushing!! They’re the ones who kissed but why am I embarrassed ~•~

[+322,-1]The start of pleasure (t/n:tvN’s opening tagline) I just want to thank you so so so much

[+242,-1]What are Kang Tae and Moon Young doing? That was heart fluttering! What’s up with the chemistry between these two! That was crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ ㅋㅋ

“I won’t hold it in anymore” Kim Soohyun and Oh Jung Se Fight scene
6F9BFFA0-BE23-463E-9A8A-7087C7BC4457.jpg

[+1,244,-3]This is my first time not feeling anxious or sorry during these two siblings’ sceneㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+1,115,-3]Kang Tae’s not holding himself back anymore

[+817,-1]Why is these two’s fight so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+794,-1]He said he wanted to have a fight with his brother…ㅠㅠ Can you imagine how refreshing he must have felt now after holding himself back his whole life

[+642,-1]Their little pillow fight was so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+569,-2]They’re certainly fighting… This is a fight scene!!… Kang Tae looks so much happier without safety pinㅠ

[+474,-1]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋKang Tae and Sang Tae’s fight is like a love fight

[+445,-1]All I could do was smile after I saw Kang Tae say everything in his mind and not holding in anymore ㅜㅜ I’m so happy..

[+315,-1]Noㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but the way they’re fighting is hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Oh Jung Se’s tears drop after seeing Kim Soohyun’s first “true happiness” face

Spoiler

604ADBE8-8530-4D27-9AC1-E95144B857D3.jpg

[+1,748,-3]This was such a touching sceneㅠㅠㅠ How his eyes were filled with tears after realizing that Kang Tae’s expression was happiness..ㅠㅠㅠ shows you how much these two siblings care about each otherㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+1,476,-3]ㅠㅠOh Jung Seㅜㅜ You have to win an award for this roleㅠㅠ I’m crying ㅠㅠI can’t imagine anyone playing Sang Tae other than Oh Jung Seㅠㅠ

[+1,095,-3]Oh Jung Se’s acting was impressiveㅜㅜ Let’s get next year’s Baeksang’ Daesang!

[+981,-1]Give Oh Jung Se… Daesang… He’s such a good actorㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+937,-1]He’s crying cause he’s never seen Kang Tae with such a relaxed expressionㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+882,-1]That part when Sang Tae realized that his brother’s happy now and came and watched him up-close while he’s sleepingㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ was so sadㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+663,-3]I almost cried when Sang Tae’s tears started droppingㅠㅠ

[+620,-4]…Oh Jung Se must get Daesang this year…ㅠㅠㅠI don’t even know how many times I’ve cried during today’s episode…

[+465,-1]Sang Tae finally… knows that Kang Tae’s happier now… and I’m even more happierㅠ

[+456,-2]Oh Jung Se must win an award for his performance in this drama… What an amazing actor!…

[+421,-1]Ahㅜㅜ Our Sang Tae ㅜㅜThis scene was a tear jerkerㅠㅠ

[+403,-3]Such an acting deserves this year’s Daesangㅜ that’s crazy! What kind of acting is this?ㅜㅜㅡㅜ

Kim Soohyun’s generous brother makes him emotional, from food to allowance..

Spoiler

132395CB-29FE-44F0-A423-1B81B3617D7E.jpg

[+1,725,-3]Me too, I teared up unconsciously. It was such a heart-warming sceneㅠㅠ

[+1,047,-2]I only cried at this sceneㅠㅠ Sang Tae was so cool~~

[+1006,-1]This scene made me so emotional today ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+850,-2]I teared up when he gave him allowance ㅠㅠ

[+724,-2]What’s this? This scene is so sadㅠㅠㅠㅠ tears are coming outㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+683,-2]He became a real adult now, today’s episode was so touchingㅠㅠㅠ

[+611,-1]I started crying when he gave him allowanceㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

[+591,-1]I sobbed my eyes out while watchingㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+459,-1]I got choked up by the endㅠㅠ

[+434,-4]Such a heart-warming and heartbreaking sceneㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠ Be happy ㅜㅜㅠㅠ

[+401,-1]Oh Godㅠ Why am I crying?

[+367,-1]Ah! This made f***ing sadㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

That letter probably some puzzles which lead to the mystery later. It must be a secret code to a message. But to whom it was addressed, to him or to MY. Someone who put the book on the front door of ST's room is still a mystery either. The head nurse come right in time as if she could be the one to put it there. But I still believe it would be NOR's doing. She behaves like a psychopath and I believe there must be a trigger that makes her on the moves. If then she is really MY's mom what makes her show herself after going missing like a dead person all these years. 

Put aside the mystery part. I love how KT makes the two 'kids' become a real adult here. I'm referring to MY and ST here. I like how he gives them some thoughts to ponder themselves about something is right and not, how to deal with their problems wisely. MY becomes more patient and tries her best to earn ST's approval. She's like asking permission to marry a daughter from his father. Lol. She's right. And she does get the approval.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Is there any credit to her who casts as POR in the ending of episode? I didnt see it and wonder if someone's role is done, there will be credit saying, "Thank you Kwak Dong Yeon, Bae Hae Seon...." If not, seems like POR will appear again later :/

I didn't see any blue envelope and its relation to POR, can someone point out which scene and kinda explain it to me? This whole episode is no joke, I just let it flow and miss some details.

The only thing I see is just how ST's character is developing. From him who doesnt want to share his food to JS, to ST who cuts his brother's meat and give him allowance! Gosh, he could change in a night and I believe he'll be the one who is brave enough to face that lady butterfly. 

Can't wait for tonight episode!

• Like 4

Wow Kang-Tae, talk about taking positive reinforcement to a whole new level. He always told MY to count to 3, I bet she will love counting to 3 even more now. :7555_attack:

After the heaviness of last episode, I love that episode 11 gave us so many happy, lovely, and adorable moments. I'm glad the episode went the direction I had hoped, slowly forming one big happy family.

It's nice to see more character development from KT, ST, and MY this episode. For KT, he learned to express himself more, whether it is a real passionate kiss with MY or fighting back with ST. There is such satisfactory to see KT talk back and fight back and letting ST realize how much it hurts to get hit and that he should act like a big brother if he says he is one. I had hoped to see a more balanced real fight between them because that is more of what siblings do and how they sometimes resolve conflicts. They got closer after the fight, something I had hoped to see. For ST, he finally learned to share. He learned to share his food, the people in his life, and the money he had saved. It is a huge step for someone who had always been doing the taking and owning. It is great to finally see KT take a step back and ST take a step forward, finally creating a more balanced sibling relationship between them. MY learned to control her temper, express herself better when she is hurt, and also learned to ask people to be in her life. I think all of this is huge for all 3 characters. 

That scene where KT and ST were eating at the restaurant was such a sweet and adorable moment. I enjoyed it almost as much as KT and MY's kissing scene. ALMOST. ST as a character has given me a roller coaster of emotions because it is understandable why he acted the way that he did before. But on the other hand, it is also so abusive and unfair for KT. Yet, it is also partially KT's issue since he created this for himself. So I'm happy to see this getting resolved at episode 11. 

JR and SI going on a date was very cute. Have to say I was kind of surprised she agreed to go. JR's mom is so adorable pulling out that lipstick and putting it on her. And JS is hilarious, easily bought by MY with an order of a dozen pizzas lol. 

This is such a lovely episode but I do feel like this is the calm before a storm. MY's mom has a butterfly pin and ST saw a lady with a butterfly pin kill their mom. It could totally be a plot twist but seems like the drama is going in that direction of MY's mom killed KT & ST's mom. That scene in the basement showed a woman with short hair so I don't think it's Park Ok Ran breaking into cursed castle, unless she cut her hair. I wonder if Park Ok Ran might show up as a dead body suddenly. And the head nurse has done too many suspicious things so far. It could be another twist but the drama could be running with this story. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. I want to see more KT and MY couple moments lol

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

Yesterday I wasn't able to see the posts since soompi was still not working for me but finally I can now. I can't believe I missed the spazzing about KT showing his kissing skills lmao 

I'm also happy the trio really starting to find their balance cause I thought it would take longer. I guess the fact that MY is really persistent and that KT found the way to reach his brother really helped. Now they can start building their social links with other people and MY will finally feel like a member of a family.

• Like 4