[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

6 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@Not Me thank you for answering. One question because you shared episode 13's synopsis... MY already knows about her father being terminally sick so... what was the last line of the synopsis about? Any guesses? Or did i miss something, again :D

that one  i'm not too sure but maybe they trying to tell/hint us she will have conversation with Director Oh, and he will be the one who told MY the whole possibility that MY mom is a killer.

• Like 3

I'm so proud of Sang Tae in ep. 11. Especially for someone with special needs as him, it's considered huge progress/development. 

The same goes to Moon Young as well. She's shown so much growth. Of course Gang Tae, who realises that there's life aside from the lil bubble he shares with his older bro. My my my the kiss he gave Moon Young ooh babbyy~ he should get lovesick more often no LoL!?:heart3:

Jae Soo was hilarious when he got jealous that Sang Tae doesn't see him as family!:joy: So Ok Ran was simply an obsessed fan? And why was the nurse so confident she won't return..? 

I just love that shot of all 3 walking together. But as usual as it is in most K-Dramas, there's always another hurdle to overcome before it gets better (or does it LoL!?) 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hi all, it's my first time in this thread. I've started watching IOTNBO since it's 1st episode and got hooked right away. My young sister is very picky with K-drama because she hates the cheesy ones, and she's hooked into IOTNBO as well. We both love the healing aspects and all of the character development in this drama. 

9 hours ago, softestfairy said:

I loved all the episodes, but this weekends eps were 10/10!

I completely agree with you! I was drowning in work for the weekend and getting to watch ep. 11 & 12 before going to sleep made my day! I feel like K-drama always make this turning point after episode 10, it's pretty much make it or break it moment, and no doubt, ep. 11 & 12 were just excellent.

I love the new relationships development, the characters progress, and especially new twists and turns coming in. I like the mysterious aspects, making us guessing here and there about who MY's mom is, and what really happened. I'm expecting to have jaw-dropping moments coming in for the last 4 episodes; there are still so much unknowns to solve. 

Regarding the "Butterfly" image and its meanings:

- Earlier in the drama we are given the info that ST is scared of butterflies because they "killed" his mom and threatened to kill him as well. The butterflies alone are traumatic to ST.

- As the drama progress, especially with ep. 11 and 12, I feel like the drama is giving us new hints

+ Director Oh said the word butterfly's origin, psyche actually means "cure," which gave ST a new outlook on his traumatic experience (even though he's still scared of them)

+ ST is able to recall that night where his mom died to GT and Director Oh, something he's never been able to talk about before --> it's a massive progress in his curing-journey 

+ GT saw the butterfly pin on MY's mom's jacket, he broke down and felt like everything is so messed up --> everything is still unknown but in someways that also made a massive progress in his curing-journey; he's no longer in the complete darkness to the mystery of how his mom died. We'll soon find out who really killed his mom. 

+ When the mystery of the butterfly pin and the murderer is revealed and solved, MY will also be affected. She's indirectly and somehow, directly, involved in all of this mess --> at the end, when the light is clear, she'll be cured from all of her pain too. 

So in someways, to me, the butterfly shadows flying over GT and MY initially gave me an uneasy feeling of that perhaps the mom will kill comeback and break them apart, but know, with the revelation of that "cure" meaning, perhaps the writer is hinting a more positive outlook? That all of this mess with the crazy mom, will somehow put all the missing pieces back together and heal those who are hurt. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

Glad that the soompi forum is now back and great to read all the analyses & discussion here! 

So about the Head Nurse:

I previously mentioned I hadn’t found her suspicious but her behaviour in the last two episodes were certainly freaky. I take back that statement lol :sweatingbullets: However I still don’t really quite think she’s MY’s mum. Someone mentioned that MY’s mum would be “too far gone in the head” to act so normally, and I agree. I re-watched the first few episodes, and she acted very normal, or at least too normal for someone who could potentially be MY’s mum. And tbh it doesn’t really make sense how she went from a writer to a certified head nurse at a psychiatric hospital in just a few years (even if presumably it’s to keep an eye on her husband so she could terrorise him). On the other hand, she definitely does seem to know something. So, I’m just wondering, what if she’s the one who rescued and took care of MY’s mum? Is she the (younger) sister? Her face does bear some resemblance to the actress playing MY’s mum, and presumably MY’s mum would be in her 50s now?

Also about the MY-ST siblings theory:

I’m still not quite convinced that MY and ST are actually siblings if it’s because of what MY’s mum said to GT’s mum (the “I’ll take care of my child” line). I tend to agree with the theory some of you mentioned that GT’s mum was supposed to work as a caretaker for MY, and being the possessive control freak that she is, MY’s mum couldn’t accept that.

If ST was actually MY’s brother (with the same mother), it didn’t really make sense that the first thing MY’s mum did when she approached ST was threatening to kill him (I would imagine if he’s her child she would forcibly take him with her or pretend nothing happened). Secondly, we’ve seen a lot of flashbacks that showed how much GT’s mum loved and treasured ST, even at the expense of GT. It just seems a bit cheap if ST isn’t her own son and she just took him in (because of monetary compensation?). So I really hope they don’t go down that route!

10 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Please can someone tell me what is written on the green board in the scene where GT is thinking about him and MY being ill-fated lovers?

You sure it wasnt for ST?

I keep wondering why did the butterfly shadow fell on GT and MY at the end of episode 11. Any guesses?

The writing on the green board was “Romeo and Juliet” right? Which was why he remembered their dialogue about the tragic fate of the couple.

I think the butterfly shadow on GT and MY is a foreshadow of how “the butterfly” will cast a shadow on their relationship. We’ve seen this pan out in episode 12, and judging from the review of episode 13 it seems like MY’s will discover the fact that her mum killed GT’s mum, which will lead to her leaving GT.

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

This brings me back to that man's murder in episode 1... is it connected to why after 20 years or a loose end? 

Hmmm maybe I missed something but I always assumed the man decided to kill himself after he was left alone and MY’s words (about how he should kill himself and leave his daughter alone) got to him... what do you think?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, cenching said:

The scene of GT suited up with hair slicked back and walking toward MY and ST wrecked my heart. He looked soo handsome BUT the deep pains in his eyes was so jarring.....KSH is an exceptional actor.

You're right. He smiled, but his eyes were in absolute pain. He is a very good actor. It's taken so long for him to return with a drama for his international fans. So glad this was the project he picked. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just finished this weekend's episodes...of course the anticipated kiss was beautiful, in fact, probably one of the best I've seen in a long time. You can really feel the longing they both suffered, especially GT LOL My favorite scene from episode 11 was when ST realized GT's smile of happiness for the first time, beautifully portrayed by Oh Jung Se. His character development is the best thus far in the drama. In episode 12...not surprised at all about MY's mom but now I am questioning if MY's parents were really her parents...how can she hate her birth parents enough to want to know when her dad is suppose to die? Something major has to have happened for her to react this way. I want to hear MY's story now...I feel like I've seen enough of the Moon Brothers and their story...seen GT cry enough...I want to see MY cry and tell us her story. In a sober state. LOL

• Like 8

Sigh~

Come on drama! The pandemic is dismal enough already, don't make it any bleaker for our trio ya hear me!?:rage: Still hoping for a happy ending..:cry:

DAMN. Gang Tae looked so fine in a suit:dorakiss:

Aww~ the smile on Sang Tae when he saw his lil bro show up for the photo shoot warmed my heart too.. I was amazed at his swift action in comforting that poor war veteran patient when he had a breakdown. That is a reflection of how a job well done by Gang Tae as well. I appreciated his message to Sang Tae that we should not be tied down by our past. Learning so many insights, thoughts from this drama.:relaxed:

This dialogue had me in stitches!

Sang Tae: I think there's a resemblance. Is it the eyes?

Moon Young: No. You're wrong. I'm very pretty

Sang Tae: Don't lie. You cut your hair:joy: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Ok, this is my first post here.  I am a big fan of KSH back from the WISFC days.  I actually like him doing more realistic characters rather the fantasy type ones, which is to say this MKT character.  Wow!!!! what a display of acting from him.  Excellent.  And SYJ, i actually love her from Save Me days.  Omg!!! OJS, Wow!!! Actually i left half way WCB, but heard he won an award for that drama, which makes me want to watch that.  I am reading various theories on the killer.  My suspect is also POR.  Maybe this one can also seems to me one of the reason.  The pen with which moon's mom was killed and with the same pen she stroke MY's hands without hesitation.  

jc2gCPl.png

TfHvcEQ.png

So we need to wait another week for the episodes to find out.

And what an man OJS is, wow!!!  I think he is kind hearted in real life too.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/07/26/entertainment/television/Oh-Jungse-Bae-Boumjun-autism/20200726174300434.html

• Like 8

this drama had me up and down like a roller-coaster! haha I love it. 

Now, apart from the mystery and heavy stuff that's coming, what are some BTS moments you want the production team to release? 

For me, I'd love to see the behind the screen of the shopping scene, the unpacking and 'waiting for you in my room' scene, and ST and MY's bickering scene. 

Others? 

• Like 1

still can't grasp the fact that MY's mother is the killer..i mean that theory was a lit too predictable. also, in the next episode, the mother is making a comeback...why? is it because the father is about to die? 

by her statement "i'll take care of my child", i think ST's mother witnessed MY being abused or smth and tried to rescue her but failed. ST and MY being siblings is the last thing i'd want to happen in this drama because it'd be unfair to GT and worsen the situation even more. why do i think that nurse Park is DHJ's sister? the way MY's dad was looking at her in episode 11 was quite suspicious. i'd like to believe that MY's mom is dead but what's with the blue envelope and butterflies? 

the only reason why i strongly believed and believe MY's mom isn't the murderer is because of her hands. MY's mom always had red nail polish painted but the murderer didn't. it seems ooc for her to have clear nails. also, why did they focus on her hands? not only once but several times..well, what if her mother had a twin? plastic surgery topic has also been highlighted several times in the story. there's also a possibility if ST had distorted memories and saw a different person because the incident was quite traumatic for him. i don't know but her mom being the murderer just doesn't sit right with me.

as a viewer, it's hard for me to see MY getting hurt every time by GT's words and i sincerely hope that he values her instead of pushing her away but i don't understand why people are pitting GT and MY against each other. MY is worthy of love and deserves someone who'd treat her like a queen but GT is someone who is emotionally unstable and hung up in the past. you can't expect him to change just because of MY. what i want for them is to have a talk where they're honest with each other. i don't want GT to get away every time by treating her that way and also want him to apologize to her for everything he has said and done. i want both of them to acknowledge that they need to be away from each other for some time and that they've a lot on their plate and being together won't fix it. GT seeking director's help is the best thing he can do and i hope the director can help him overcome his trauma. love can wait. after all, love is all about patience. 

• Like 3

Here’s my theory.  MY’s mom is dead. Killed by the father because he found out she killed GT’s mom. He nearly killed MY as well but didn’t.  He carried that secret with him.  And now it looks like his tumor is inoperable so chances are he will die (which I guess exempts him from culpability in the end).

POR is a Sasaeng fan of MY’s mom.  She loved her so much she became her (with her theatre background).  Think Single White Female (the movie).  That’s why there was that conversation MY had with SeongJae at the Castle about fans and their crazed behavior.  POR felt like she “owned” MY’s mom.  That’s why she repeated the line “don’t take what belongs to me”.  She tormented MY’s dad because she felt he “stole” her away (caused her demise).  She’s done multiple plastic surgeries in an attempt to “look like MY’s mom”.  She’s the one hiding in the basement.  She has embodied MY’s mother and all her tendencies.  So it would be dangerous for GT and MY now.  I think it was MY’s mom who killed GT’s mom (I haven’t watched Ep12 yet).  Because she felt like she owned MY and was threatened that GT would steal her away.  If POR (as MY’s mom) feels that MY belongs to her, GT would be in danger.  Not ST (because he’s not the one threatening to steal MY away from her).  MY to a certain extent also mirrored her mother in the beginning.  Until she cut her hair (cut the cord/her leash like the dog in the story).  She still has elements of a disturbed upbringing but she is showing signs of progress in the empathy area.  

Head nurse seems suspicious but I feel like she’s not “dangerous” per se.  She’s the task master at the Hospital making sure it hums along and runs like clockwork.  Director Oh is almost like Oz (Wizard) with his contraptions and eccentricities.  He needs her to make sure the bills get paid, the staff rosters are done etc.

I need to find time to catch up with Ep12.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

We have been served a whole 12 episodes of Moon Bros’ back story with a glimpse of MY’s. The remaining 4 episodes we will be serve a complete history of MY. GT is a strong person after years of beaten down by life, he had come to terms with the reality of his Mom’s death but MY is a different case. It’s obvious she will bolts after she learns the truth. It will dawned to her that loving doesn’t means have to stay together (Areum’s love story). I hope it will be GT turn to does the chasing.

I love GT dearly and understand him perfectly but I don’t like how he always screams abuses at MY when he is upset. He never does that to anyone else, only MY. Despite all of her shortcomings, MY is a person who can communicate and understand verbal communication very well. He doesn’t needs to screams at her and she doesn’t deserve that.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, cenching said:

I love GT dearly and understand him perfectly but I don’t like how he always screams abuses at MY when he is upset. He never does that to anyone else, only MY. Despite all of her shortcomings, MY is a person who can communicate and understand verbal communication very well. He doesn’t needs to screams at her and she doesn’t deserve that.

yes me thinking that too, i dont like when he screams at MY, but he does that to ST once at the hospital. speaking of the screaming, it's heartbreaking that MY didnt yell back at him because she respects him, but he's always exploded at her first then think about it/apologetic towards her later. if i get screamed out of nowhere like that, i will definitely yell back at him.

and it's not a healthy relationship that one side put the problem for him/herself, later it will become a time bomb.

by the way did anyone notice, if you watch from TVN ep 13 they have this animated picture of KT-MY-ST and ST with the box on his head. is it foreshadowing the book she will write? and i hope we got to see the book will become a bestseller and KMY rise again as the best writer at the end of the series.

• Like 7

This drama keeps getting more impressive!  I love the OTP scenes as well as any and all scenes with the 3 musketeers... not one of them outshining the other two.  Great chemistry indeed! 

Something I really like is the pace of this drama.  It’s not draggy.  But that’s probably my one criticism too - specifically for KT.  In episode 10 we see him break down after ST’s  public meltdown and we see him pushing MY away (“I’ve finally woken up from my dream”).  Concurrently we see him make up with ST and on the face of it, a sweet brotherly hug to make up but we can’t help but feel so much pain for KT because of this toxic harbouring of guilt and unhappiness... Anyway in episode 11 KT changed.  Something allowed him to change his mindset (this “something” is probably the thought of MY being in danger and losing her) but I donno, as a viewer I wanted to see him grappling with this a bit more and how he emerged/decided on a new approach to their relationships together.  I had a similar feeling as I watched episode 12, seeing KT in so much emotional distress and suddenly seeing him emerge for the sake of the other two.  Again, I wanted to “see” his thought process and be a part of his character development journey.  

In contrast I must say ST’s development was illustrated well; I could pinpoint specific moments and dialogue that I would attribute to having played a role in shaping/developing ST’s mindset. 

A few other random thoughts:

- I loved how after their kiss sesh in episode 11, they talked like the mature adults that they are at the kitchen table.  Very realistic.

- Jae Su! After KT yelled at MY she wanted to ask his best friend what was wrong and he came to her house delivering pizza, I didn’t know how relevant he’d be given he doesn’t know what happened, but boy was I wrong.  He offered great insight into KT’s personality that I as a viewer needed a reminder about.

- Not important but a few eps ago when Juri was drunk and the CEO drove her home and they bumped into KT, after a few exchanges KT asked her something like “but hey why are you talking so informally to me?” - OK I know this is a common question in SK culture but was that moment really the right time to ask that?? She was drunk! I just thought that was funny and a bit random.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I know i am a little late but can we all take a moment of silence to praise the excellent kiss scene.:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Wow!!!!   Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji are a very good much in that kissing scene.

I WAS DEFINITELY NOT DISSAPOINTED!!!

I wish other dramas could have such intense kisses (so far only a few have

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

wowwww man, where to even begin. episode 11 was beautiful, loved the progression of our three leads but episode 12 definitely turned up the angst. 

there's a lot of heat on twitter/instagram atm surrounding KT and MY's relationship. A lot of people calling it 'toxic' especially after KT yelled at her in the locker room. There's definitely a divide between the viewers. Just wondering what everyones thoughts on here are?

Personally i wouldnt call their relationship toxic, I think that word is very extreme. there are definitely unhealthy aspects, but thats because they both still need to work on their own struggles and demons still. they're both still learning how to let someone else in and be in a relationship (this is both their first). it is true that KT shouldn't just yell at MY every time something goes wrong, but we also have to understand that given what he had just found out (that MY's mum potentially killed his mum), he can't just brush that aside and pretend everything is fine. his talk with the director definitely helped him process it but ultimately he just needed time and space. JS told MY that sometimes you just have to be patient with KT and i think that was important for MY to hear. if she pushed him to go to the photoshoot or for answers, he would have ran away but her maturity in this scene helped KT process everything without pressure. i think this will even help their relationship in the future, as MY learns to be less clingy and understand that KT (and human relationships in general) will sometimes need space.

KT doesnt want MY to be hurt so he obviously cares deeply for her. some might be angry at him for lashing out at MY but what he does at the end shows how much he has changed. even tho its not an apology, i think it's a huge statement that he showed up. sometimes actions speak louder than words. thats his way of saying im here and i aint going anywhere. he made his decision on his own and MY/ST gave him the space to do so. hes not shutting her out and running away, hes fighting for her and their little family of 3. KT in the past would have definitely put up his walls again (like he did in 10), but this time he is staying so we should ease up on him a little. I think in the end when MY finds out about everything, she will be the one to walk away because she loves him (and ST) and this will be the final chapter in her arc, where she completely puts someone else ahead of herself in the name of love. It will be heartbreaking but a beautiful thing to see. Hopefully they can all be together by the end of this though. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@floweroad In my opinion, I don’t see it as toxic but a very realistic representation of their relationship with each other. 

KT, who is still struggling how to balance his emotions’ control etc. Not excusing his bad behavior but the show is trying to demonstrate that he’s still struggling especially now that he thought he found a normal life, everything is on the line again. So through this context, it is understandable.

Yes, KT has yelled and vented his anger out on MY by saying some cruel things but in ep 11 - she totally called him out on it and I think he is aware and he apologized to her. So I think he is trying but like a bad habit, it takes time. It only happened again in ep 12 re KT thinking it’s MY’s mom killing his mom. So it was a both a defense and act of protecting her. Although he yelled at her, it was asking her to leave not with intentionally cruel words. 

There’s a tone to the online comments that since these MY, ST and KT have issues, they shouldn’t be in a relationship. I totally disagree. Human connection and relationships are important and they can help people over come and grow. Also - EVERYONE has some kind of issues if you want to be real. In the end, it is a drama and for me, it is about the context. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2