[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

It's the voice... It's that damn adam's apple that is giving him that sexy timbre. He can actually make anything sexy. Or probably it is just me. Haha

His "YES! Pyeha" to ES even got to me. Dang boy is gifted 

Whenever he speaks with that deep voice, talks softly to TE, being playful or getting angry to LR or when he gives orders as king. Awww... I love all of those! I really want him to have another drama with real saeguk theme. He could be a crown Prince or another king. 

27 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

Back again to backtrack mode

Still have 70 more pages to go

:glasses:

Hahaha. Hwaiting!! I have like 15 pages now. Last time I logged out it was only 5 more pages to the current pages.

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

The King" Lee Min-ho, Proves his Potential for Melodrama. Unlimited Visual and Acting Power

He has the look and top notch acting skill. He makes all of his character really smitten to his loved ones. I want him to have another project soon, huhuhu... hope it won't ne too long to wait his return after TKEM. 

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

From visual to acting, action, and chemistry, Lee Min-ho perfectly expressed the emperor "Lee Gon's" character to satisfy viewers' expectations. With his bold acting skills, he is firmly linking all genre elements, including romance, action and mystery, completing the world view of "The King." The final episode will air at 10 p.m. on Friday, the 12th.

He is making LG special and charismatic! Oh no, after next Friday we won't meet him every week again. I don't want TKEM to end soon but I want to watch ep 16 soon. :weary:

24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yes!!! I have only 2 more pages of backtracking! Oh my poor mind and my poor eyes of looking at the screen for the last 5 hours!! 

I backtracked about 40 pages! That’s a record for me!!

Bwahahaha. Good job! I did it last night. It feels like my eyes would fall out. This thread never let us to have a break. LOL

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

So many movies are postponed because of Covid so maybe he can't interest films, but I think he will star in new drama next year , I think Netflix offer him good works after TKEM success, and LMH never says " I rest 1-2 year" he said "I couldn't find good scripts" before LOBS , and he want to star in dramas for fans, just We hope that he receive good offers and now he is more thankful fans after military service because fans went to see him everyday for 2 years, so I think he is more active in SNS 

I find LMH to be good in maximizing his time really well & his agency is good in keeping him in the limelight - even when he was out for 2 years.  We have to remember that the 2 years before he left for military service, he was working like nobody's business

2015 Gangnam Blues (GB)

2016 Bounty Hunter

2016 LOTBS

2017 DMZ

This does not even include his CFs.  That's why there was a 3-year gap from Heirs (2013) to LOBTS (2016)  - look at that project sked!  Note that DMZ was even labor & time-intensive as he had to be in the wilderness to shoot the narration.

I remember an interview with his GB co-star & another fine actor, Kim Rae Won where he said that he was motivated to give more in GB, making sure that his takes were done well & one-take on as much as possible, in consideration of LMH's super hectic sked.

I expect LMH to take a short break after TKEM, then get busy real fast as COVID will allow.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

@Heilo The case looks awesome. Can i have one............?:tounge_xd:

I hope nothing happened to YJ, it seems like LG is crying because of something in preview 16.............

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@Heilo The case looks awesome. Can i have one............?:tounge_xd:

I hope nothing happened to YJ, it seems like LG is crying because of something in preview 16.............

Why not you can have one:joy:

Me to but I think he will survive somehow via his younger self if time is reset and he dies in 94 with his 2020 version he could still live because his 94 will be alive and time is reset

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:
2 hours ago, Time loop said:

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

Lol! Who do you have in mind?

I know already the answer so let me reveal it is ''Park Bo young''

Hahahahaha are you over at lmh’s thread? How did you know the answer? 

Lmh will have to bend down very low to hug her. Or he’ll have to pick her up each time. I don’t want to think about it. I’m still loving MinEun and don’t want to see anyone with lmh at the moment. 

Give me a little while to accept that they will for sure have to act opposite of other actresses and actors. We still are living TKEM days so I want to love only MinEun and LeeEul. 

LMH may be looking for a script that will pair him with Song Hye Ko cos he had voiced his wish to star with her. I wonder if she will be interested.  My wish is for him to star in a movie with KGE!

• Like 8
  • Love 6

Yasssss!!! Finally done!!! I am back on track now! :D drank so much booze to finish backtracking 40 pages! It’s already midnight. Dang!!! Lol.

so i msg the moderator that helped us with the poll last time. I realized a few of us including me wants to do another poll (2 to be exact). One for the ending and one for the favorite Osts. She say she can help make another one by putting 2 into 1 poll since we can do one poll with 3 questions or one separate poll for each qn but on different days. However, since the drama is ending, the suggestion is that it’s best to do it together. As you can see, our first poll is already gone :D

So let’s put up a poll so I can give the information to her so we have as much time to vote before the finale :D

how will TKEM end for our OTP:

1. LG and TE become King and Queen of KOC

2. LG and TE goes and live together in a whole new universe

3. TE and JH meet instead

4. LG stays in KOC, TE stays in ROK. Separated forever.

5. Staring and smiling at each other only
6. It was all just a dream!

*Am I missing any other endings we speculated on? Write it on here so I can write it down.

Favorite Osts: for this one, there’s a lot so I can just find it on YT right?
@Heretorant @AgentQuake @mrsj3n @Alice Wonderland @Time loop @Elnin Joery @madmad min @Joanna Alfson @mychoiyoung @SweetButters @syntyche @CallieP @koreaboooo @deabakdrama @gwin @realistic2280 @Orientalfan @leeminhosny @Geolyvseven @magiclily @Dramanoona @lyrically aesthetic @Heilo @scrawford @Goong_admirer @msdot

@YongZura⁷ @Yippeun_eonnie

And to those I forgot to tag.. sorry!!. There’s so many of us so I cannot remember everyone :) but everyone else, please pass the word along! :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but why did LG announce Se Jin (sp?) as his heir?  He knew that LL would hurt people close to him.  

@CarolynH As the King, he has to make the announcement before he "leaves" the country without knowing what will happen to him, otherwise it will create a lot of chaos of something bad happens to him. LG never thought that LR will attack Se Jin who lives in America.

I should say that PM Koo does not fit to be prime minister of KOC. She is so naive, in the sense that she thought that LR will help her being the Queen of KOC and she even agreed LR to punish her cousin. :confused:  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

It’s funny - I’m watching BOF again for the first time in YEARS and Noodle Head is way hotter this time around. 

Never had an issue with the noodle hair do cos if there is ever anyone who could carry it, it was LMH.  He was still the best looking version of that character. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

What about they both die? Or one of them die? :lol: JK

I'm sure they'll live or someone will go back in time again. :phew:

lol yup. Definitely can be an option. I will write it down too :D

anyone else?

@Dramanoona lol! I finally caught up but it’s sleeping time for me so im sure tomorrow means more catching up to do lol!

@Alice Wonderland this is me after reading 40 pages:

SlimRewardingAmericanblackvulture-small.

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

17 minutes ago, goldenashes97 said:

They are so beautiful it hurts:bawling:

I'm sure you guys have noticed, but I only realized this now:

In episode 9, LG gave TE two rules:

1. Don't tell him not to come

2. Don't tell him not to go

Because even if she asked him to do those things, he wouldn't be able to obey. 

But in episode 15, LG was practically begging TE to let him go. As he said, he was asking for her permisson. Because if she had told him not to, he would have stayed. 

How do I get a man like Lee Gon??? 

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

You forgot the part where he said that he said this is the first time he’s ever asked for anyone’s permission. 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

*edit* oh wait, how did I miss that? You did say it lol. Still, I’m crying! They’re so sweet! 

18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

1. LG and TE become King and Queen of KOC

2. LG and TE goes and live together in a whole new universe

3. TE and JH meet instead

4. LG stays in KOC, TE stays in ROK. Separated forever.

5. Staring and smiling at each other only
6. It was all just a dream!

7. LG and TE meet in year 2022 and hug. 

8. Happily ever after with an heir. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9