[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

LG say “Jeong Tae Eul”, he sounds very sexy?

It's the voice... It's that damn adam's apple that is giving him that sexy timbre. He can actually make anything sexy. Or probably it is just me. Haha

His "YES! Pyeha" to ES even got to me. Dang boy is gifted, just sayin'

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

EZ85Lv4UYAAMKOo?format=jpg&name=small

EZ85L7BUcAATcTL?format=jpg&name=small

EZ85MCPUcAATP3p?format=jpg&name=small

"The King" Lee Min-ho, Proves his Potential for Melodrama. Unlimited Visual and Acting Power

With the power of actor Lee Min-ho, the romance fantasy of "The King: Eternal Monarch" is being completed.

SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is set to end with the last battle of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, as he heads back to the past to correct the world that has been broken by a rift in time. Lee Min-ho, who is completing the parallel world story, is gaining popularity. With his visual and sincere acting skills that maximize the excitement of fantasy romance, Lee proved the power of limitless melodrama by empowering "The King: Eternal Monarch."

With his more mature appearance and acting skills, Lee has been making perfect use of the emperor's charm and increasing his immersion in his work. In addition to the shift of his eyes from coolness to warmth, his deep voice conveyed the depth of the emperor with sincerity. His lines such as, "My name is Lee Gon," were also attractive, adding to the lingering imagery of the drama with impressive monologues and famous lines.

In particular, Lee Min-ho gave momentum to the latter half of "The King," which recovers the double-track lines with his deep and rich emotional acting, thereby drawing attention from viewers. In the midst of repeated twists and turns, he expressed emotions of the character such as anger, sadness, and longing, in a delicate and heavy manner, which drew positive reviews. Therefore, the emperor's desperate efforts to protect the two worlds have become the main point of watching the drama, which cannot be missed even by the sad love story that has gone beyond fate.

In addition, Lee Min-ho's shift between a cool-headed monarch and a warm-hearted lover has increased the fun of seeing him. With sincere words and actions as he cares for Tae-eul, and affectionate love that goes until the end, he completed the chemistry of the "Lee Eul couple" with Kim Go-eun. On the other hand, the bromance with Woo Do-hwan, and Kim Young-ok and Jeon Moo-song, showed a variety of charms, crossing laughter and emotion with the imperial chemistry.

From visual to acting, action, and chemistry, Lee Min-ho perfectly expressed the emperor "Lee Gon's" character to satisfy viewers' expectations. With his bold acting skills, he is firmly linking all genre elements, including romance, action and mystery, completing the world view of "The King." The final episode will air at 10 p.m. on Friday, the 12th.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006080934233680607_1

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 4

1 hour ago, gwin said:

Wishful thinking, but I want him paired with IU.

OMG are you me? Or did you somehow read my mind!? Or am I having a deja vu because someone just crossed the portal!?  That's exactly what I was going to say! 

giphy.webp

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, msdot said:

I'll give an equal sign but I just can't give up the Imja couple! CY and LG are such different characters, not only personality-wise but their maturity level, it's hard for me to compare. But all four characters are fierce warriors in their own way. Sigh. :heart:

Me too

I just can't give up my Imja couple. I love them so much. They have their own characters, personalities, backgrounds, and obstacles.

So Leeul and Imja couple is equal for me.

But like everyone here, I am falling deeply with TKEM and our lovely couple, LeeUl. Both LMH and KGE really gave us an outstanding performance. Kudos to them. TKEM definitely would top all dramas that I've seen before.

I can't believe we only have one episode left. What do you usually do after the drama ends to minimize the withdrawal syndrome? :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Other than wanting a happy ending for LG & TE, ES with Nari, JY with Nari's counterpart in KOC & SJ with his psychiatrist am looking forward to see PM still working at the fish market with her Mom  And hope she won't meet the guy she married before the reset, so she won't get to be the PM in the future either.

Edited by maeve88
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, maeve88 said:

Other than wanting a happy ending for LG & TE, ES with Nari, JY with Nari's counterpart in KOC & SJ with his psychiatrist am looking forward to see PM still working at the fish market with her Mom  And hope she won't meet the guy she married before the reset, so she won't get to be the PM in the future either.

Welcome on board.. 

Such an ending scenario would be the icing on the cake 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, syntyche said:
Spoiler

"The King" Lee Min-ho, Proves his Potential for Melodrama. Unlimited Visual and Acting Power

With the power of actor Lee Min-ho, the romance fantasy of "The King: Eternal Monarch" is being completed.

SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" is set to end with the last battle of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, as he heads back to the past to correct the world that has been broken by a rift in time. Lee Min-ho, who is completing the parallel world story, is gaining popularity. With his visual and sincere acting skills that maximize the excitement of fantasy romance, Lee proved the power of limitless melodrama by empowering "The King: Eternal Monarch."

With his more mature appearance and acting skills, Lee has been making perfect use of the emperor's charm and increasing his immersion in his work. In addition to the shift of his eyes from coolness to warmth, his deep voice conveyed the depth of the emperor with sincerity. His lines such as, "My name is Lee Gon," were also attractive, adding to the lingering imagery of the drama with impressive monologues and famous lines.

In particular, Lee Min-ho gave momentum to the latter half of "The King," which recovers the double-track lines with his deep and rich emotional acting, thereby drawing attention from viewers. In the midst of repeated twists and turns, he expressed emotions of the character such as anger, sadness, and longing, in a delicate and heavy manner, which drew positive reviews. Therefore, the emperor's desperate efforts to protect the two worlds have become the main point of watching the drama, which cannot be missed even by the sad love story that has gone beyond fate.

In addition, Lee Min-ho's shift between a cool-headed monarch and a warm-hearted lover has increased the fun of seeing him. With sincere words and actions as he cares for Tae-eul, and affectionate love that goes until the end, he completed the chemistry of the "Lee Eul couple" with Kim Go-eun. On the other hand, the bromance with Woo Do-hwan, and Kim Young-ok and Jeon Moo-song, showed a variety of charms, crossing laughter and emotion with the imperial chemistry.

From visual to acting, action, and chemistry, Lee Min-ho perfectly expressed the emperor "Lee Gon's" character to satisfy viewers' expectations. With his bold acting skills, he is firmly linking all genre elements, including romance, action, and mystery, completing the world view of "The King." The final episode will air at 10 p.m. on Friday, the 12th.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006080934233680607_1

Thank a lot @syntychefor the article.

As a long time fan of him, I knew his eyes are really expressive. They could convey emotions in one go. And IMO, among his assets, his gaze is the most prominent, especially when it comes to acting. They never failed to make me dazzled and carried over.

But..but...

this TKEM succesfully made him giving his best. He really acted so damn good here.

And I hope, really hope, that he won't take a super long time break this time.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

18 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

Me too

I just can't give up my Imja couple. I love them so much. They have their own characters, personalities, backgrounds, and obstacles.

So Leeul and Imja couple is equal for me.

But like everyone here, I am falling deeply with TKEM and our lovely couple, LeeUl. Both LMH and KGE really gave us an outstanding performance. Kudos to them. TKEM definitely would top all dramas that I've seen before.

I can't believe we only have one episode left. What do you usually do after the drama ends to minimize the withdrawal syndrome? :bawling:

The withdrawals is gonna be bad in this one for me

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

50 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Same here.  RE LMH, he usually takes breaks after a drama, then focusing on CFs or if his sked of the last 2 years before his military service is any indication, he would do a movie next.  It has been said he has tons of scripts to review.  I just hope that the TV ratings won't compel his handlers to prefer fan-service materials...  

With the COVID situation now, would it be wise to do movies though?

• Like 5

Yes!!! I have only 2 more pages of backtracking! Oh my poor mind and my poor eyes of looking at the screen for the last 5 hours!! 

I backtracked about 40 pages! That’s a record for me!!

to celebrate: @SweetButters famous art that made it into the TKEM Hall of Fame!! :joy:

DY4WzkA.jpg&key=56f6aed342016a7b326fd7e2

@Heretorant Yesssss!!! You found it before I did!!! Thank you, Secretary Mo!!! :lol::P;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

3 minutes ago, gwin said:

With the COVID situation now, would it be wise to do movies though?

Not good for theatre release as it will not return for sometime but Netflix origins movies are very good right now especially for him as he has already a viewer-base there 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yes!!! I have only 2 more pages of backtracking! Oh my poor mind and my poor eyes of looking at the screen for the last 5 hours!! 

I backtracked about 40 pages! That’s a record for me!!

to celebrate: @SweetButters famous art that made it into the TKEM Hall of Fame!! :joy:

@Heretorant Yesssss!!! You found it before I did!!! Thank you, Secretary Mo!!! :lol::P;)

That drawing never ceases to amaze me hall of fame indeed 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

I really just want to say thank you to everyone here like you made this TKEM even better. I was just browsing TKEM theories then I accidentally went here and how the best moments could happen in the most unexpected times. 

I will always remember your usernames. :wub:

We will make a hall of fame table in this thread when we leave. I believe most of us will stay here a week post the drama. The hall of fame table will take place on page number 1000! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1