[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 hours ago, Heilo said:

JTE who got all the cheezy lines from her suitors...with lifelong l feelings

1. Lee gon the king - I am deeply in love with you and thoughts of her for 25 years in his mind 

2. Her hyungnim SJ  - I have feeling for you  and you alone my whole life

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

DANG IT! Then we don't deserve to be TKEM shippers! hahaha Seriously, that would be tragic.

Hahahha I am preparing mentally after the show-that-shall-not-be-named left me blinking in tears with the ending early last year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Amy323 said:

Okay I know everyone's thinking the same but JY needs to live. I repeat he cannot die!!!!!

Otherwise I'm predicting a riot in this forum ;)

i will be providing these, too:

tenor.gif?itemid=14713761&key=355e5929df

:joy::lol:

@SweetButters if KES gave us the unbreakable sword just to kill him off, I will be like this:
first-of-all-how-dare-you-gif-7.gif

LOL!!

edit

@goldenashes97 haha i can tell you that we were suspicious of almost everyone because LR kept grabbing doppelgängers right and left. We just couldn’t trust anyone easily :joy:

@krish indu lol, anything is possible. I will add it to the list :D

@SweetButters and you know what else makes me think JY is going be killed off..is that dang tear on his cheek? Like why are you crying JY? Wae!? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, syntyche said:

"...After encountering Song Jung Hye, Lee Gon helps her poison herself and stops time at the exact moment of her poisoning...."

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-15/

Wait what?  I take exception to that line in the article.  Did anyone get that impression?  I don't think it is in LG's character to do that.  I thought they had an agreement that they will do something in 2 days before the Late Queen's memorial.  Poisoning herself was her own plan cos she wanted to be dead long long before. 

In fact I was thinking about that when they 1st showed she was pre-tasting LR's food.  Instead if slashing her wrists, why not just take poison? Am not being morbid here.  Am just thinking along the lines of her story.

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW, I AM FINALLY OUT OF THIS WORMHOLE!!!! Caught up at last, yay!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Wait what?  I take exception to that line in the article.  Did anyone get that impression?  I don't think it is in LG's character to do that.  I thought they had an agreement that they will do something in 2 days before the Late Queen's memorial.  Poisoning herself was her own plan cos she wanted to be dead long long before. 

In fact I was thinking about that when they 1st showed she was pre-tasting LR's food.  Instead if slashing her wrists, why not just take poison? Am not being morbid here.  Am just thinking along the lines of her story.

The poison was entirely her decision If I recall it right but man she has gone thru alot that woman I felt for her

• Like 10

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

Spoiler

Take A Sneak Peak On The Finale Episode Preview Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

ALL THINGS WILL GO FULL CIRCLE IN THE LAST EPISODE OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH!

Down the stretch, the penultimate episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch sent drama fans in a spiral of thrill! It answered hanging questions regarding Lee Lim’s goals, and showed Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul attempting to change their doomed fate.

Brace yourself as tears and heartbreak are hinted on its final episode preview. In the video, we see Jung Tae Eul staring at a man approaching her with a name tag of Lee Ji Hun, who seem unfamiliar with her. Flashes of anguished moments also highlighted Jo Yeong and Kang Shin Jae’s characters.

Draping the already somber mood are heartfelt voices of the star crossed lovers. Lee Gon confesses his unrequited love, while Jung Tae Eul agonizingly realizes how her love story concludes.

Check out our episode recaps before the finale below.

Episode Recaps: 1&23&4567&89&1011&1213, 14&15

The last episode of The King: Eternal Monarch will air on June 12 via SBS. It will globally stream on Netflix!

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-finale-preview/

Why I have a feeling the man with Lee Ji Hun's name tag is actually Lee Gon. The way that man eyes looking secretly at JTE... aishhhhhhh!!! need to wait another 4 days! 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I watched KING for KING ended up loving His UNBREAKABLE SWORD as well :D (His death will make me cry more than if Leeeul seperates, huh!)

me too! The impending death from the preview is enough to break my heart. 

<Get eun shi kyung flashback all over again>

I think I have a soft spot for loyal men, however ridiculuous their noble idiocy is.

<Pray hard for yeong to live and has his arc with MSA>

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters if KES gave us the unbreakable sword just to kill him off, I will be like this:

LOL!!

@vangsweetie637 THAT IS VERY TRUE!!!! I just keep doubting JY's life right now! Ugh!!!!!!!! With JTE/LG im like 99.09081% sure they will have a happy ending (literally spent so much time calculating their relationship lol!!)

-----------------------------------------

6 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

@mychoiyoung I totally must have missed that too!! I dont ever remember seeing LG give her poison or is it a typo on the publication's part?

---------------------------------------

Just now, Goong_admirer said:

me too! The impending death from the preview is enough to break my heart. 

<Get eun shi kyung flashback all over again>

I think I have a soft spot for loyal men, however ridiculuous their noble idiocy is.

<Pray hard for yeong to live and has his arc with MSA>

@Goong_admirer I keep rewatching that scene between JY and ES and bawling my eyes out!! In the preview, JY had a single tear rolling down his face and I was like OMG NOOOOOOO!! Yea JY needs to be alive so that he can make sure MSA didnt give out her phone number to other guys !!!!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yasssss!!! Finally done!!! I am back on track now! :D drank so much booze to finish backtracking 40 pages! It’s already midnight. Dang!!! Lol.

so i msg the moderator that helped us with the poll last time. I realized a few of us including me wants to do another poll (2 to be exact). One for the ending and one for the favorite Osts. She say she can help make another one by putting 2 into 1 poll since we can do one poll with 3 questions or one separate poll for each qn but on different days. However, since the drama is ending, the suggestion is that it’s best to do it together. As you can see, our first poll is already gone :D

So let’s put up a poll so I can give the information to her so we have as much time to vote before the finale :D

how will TKEM end for our OTP:

1. LG and TE become King and Queen of KOC

2. LG and TE goes and live together in a whole new universe

3. TE and JH meet instead

4. LG stays in KOC, TE stays in ROK. Separated forever.

5. Staring and smiling at each other only
6. It was all just a dream!

*Am I missing any other endings we speculated on? Write it on here so I can write it down.

Favorite Osts: for this one, there’s a lot so I can just find it on YT right?
@Heretorant @AgentQuake @mrsj3n @Alice Wonderland @Time loop @Elnin Joery @madmad min @Joanna Alfson @mychoiyoung @SweetButters @syntyche @CallieP @koreaboooo @deabakdrama @gwin @realistic2280 @Orientalfan @leeminhosny @Geolyvseven @magiclily @Dramanoona @lyrically aesthetic @Heilo @scrawford @Goong_admirer @msdot

@YongZura⁷ @Yippeun_eonnie

And to those I forgot to tag.. sorry!!. There’s so many of us so I cannot remember everyone :) but everyone else, please pass the word along! :D

What if TE trapped in another timeline like 1940s and LG try to find her:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, x2020 said:

Why I have a feeling the man with Lee Ji Hun's name tag is actually Lee Gon. The way that man eyes looking secretly at JTE... aishhhhhhh!!! need to wait another 4 days! 

It's not him it was just a glance at her. His not LG at all

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW, I AM FINALLY OUT OF THIS WORMHOLE!!!! Caught up at last, yay!

I dont think so too.. He is going all out to preserve life this time by going back to the treason night to undo everything. I cant be his order for Seong Ji Hye to poison herself. 

Although.. i thought when time freezes, everything freezes including the blood flow to herheart right? I mean when the time finally continues, that woman can still gives her the antidote? Hahaha, i hate bursting everyone's bubbles.

PS: Congrats on making out of the wormhole alive!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

My heart and my head can't. 

It just too heartbreaking at the bench. U can feel how tired and lost LG is. He knew he has to make a choice. Duty and his heart. As a king, duty always comes first. And it would not have been his character if he chooses to follow his heart. 

All the hospital, it was basically LG doing what a normal boyfriend does. No king.. No nothing. It is so sad because he knows it could be the last time he does it for her. 

I believe Luna will take JTE place in ROK. JTE meet LG in the time travel in between. They settle stuff. And went enjoying themselves in the past? Dating normally? 

I don't think LG abdicate. The title is the king. Lol. I think we will see JTE as queen. 

Thats true. He chose to sacrifice his existence because his risking LR to kill his younger self and if that happens the timeloop is broken and the king dies in his younger version while his 2020 version vanish into thin air and even out of history books 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The poison was entirely her decision If I recall it right but man she has gone thru alot that woman I felt for her

Part of me thinks that Lee rim had a crush on that woman it just seemed so strange how she was living with him so casually

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

I keep rewatching that scene between JY and ES and bawling my eyes out!! In the preview, JY had a single tear rolling down his face and I was like OMG NOOOOOOO!! Yea JY needs to be alive so that he can make sure MSA didnt give out her phone number to other guys !!!!!

When eun shi kyung dies in king2hearts, it was so heartbreaking watching the vhs replay of himself in front of the princess. Here, would we be seeing ES instead bawling his eyes out? I dont think I can watch ES bawling the second time. Please KES, be nice. This time, yeong has even a softer heart :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Thats true. He chose to sacrifice his existence because his risking LR to kill his younger self and if that happens the timeloop is broken and the king dies in his younger version while his 2020 version vanish into thin air and even out of history books 

They should add on the poll ''An ending where the King dies'' 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, goldenashes97 said:

But now I just can't help but laugh, because if I remember correctly, almost everyone in this thread is so suspicious of the psychiatrist, thinking that she's planted by LL. Lol. 

LOL, really? Well, I never thought she is. 

@mychoiyoung no yet. No idea about how or where to buy it either. Let's wait for a while. I guess in every KES drama, she always makes me want to get the doll mascot. From heirs owl to bunny army couple from dots and now this. All are so cute!! 

Is he teasing us with him like this??? 

And this...

Aishhhh... Can we get the doll and him as well?hahaha

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Lol I typed the B word and it changed into richard simmon. Sorry admin! 

I only used the word because that's how everyone refers to themselves at BOD.

My bad! 

@vangsweetie637 haha I know, this drama is also giving me trust issues :D

@Alice Wonderland i believe so. Or at least they used to. Because I haven't seen comments about her lately.

Or...... maybe I mixed it up with readers from another blog lol.

Edited by goldenashes97
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3