[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

The one who checked the pulse is definitely LG because his face is shown clear as daylight.

At the end of episode 13, LG is wearing the shoes shown when the savior first walked in. I pointed it out to confirm that LG is, indeed, a good shooter. 

Is there a possibility there’s only one savior? 

I go back and forth on this theory. I can’t decide whether there’s one or two saviors. I can reason both. 

Like you, I NEED THE TRUTH NOW! 

I just rewatched that scene from ep 1 again and from what I could see it was only LG. I tried to figure another person there (either JY or SJ) but couldn’t. That’s LG’s posture and his long legs. Though I wish JY or SJ (or both) were there to team up with LG and that it may add a twist to that scene.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

THANK YOU :heart:

HAHA I'm thinking this too. This will be super mindblowing for "innocent" viewers, especially that they poised the LG-as-the-savior reveal as the ultimate plot twist. But as someone has mentioned here before, the fact that they already revealed savior LG on episode 13 means there are more on the way. FINGERS CROSSED.

Yess it really does make sense. It would also explain why we had to know soooo much about his backstory.

Though I would admit, I'm still in the dark as to how JY will play out as the 'Unbreakable Sword' in this story. I mean that rescue bb LG scene is the ultimate fight for LG, so SJ being there instead of JY (if this is true) is still a bit questionable for me (unless JY plays a more or equally important role).

Actually i can't think of any situation why SJ would be there instead of JY. Until now it seems that SJ is just in ROK because LR needs his mum as a spy in the palace. Unless there is some huge plot twist that somehow spurs SJ to travel back in time with LG? JY being the 2nd savior makes more sense because it is afterall his job to protect the king. There doesn't need to be another reason for him being there.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Riara said:

Yes, there is text preview for eps. 14. I think those line isn't for tae eul. A few days back we have spoilers where lee gon seems facing Lady Noh with serious face. I think lee gon ask lady noh to let him go to finally go to his destiny. Tae eul never mention nor know anything about lee gon and his destiny. Also there this scene when lee gon just came back from visiting tae eul, he once asked lady noh why she doesn't ask him where he go, lady noh answer were just "i know where you go, to your destiny."

Oohhh so it's a text preview? No wonder! I can't read hangeul lol. 

I agree with what you said. It's very out of character for Lee Gon to ask TaeEul to let him go. He couldn't even let her go when he first realized that he was a danger to her, and that's when their relationship has barely started.

Now that they have made such progress (possible baby-making and obvious bed-sharing:wub:), there's no way LG would want to live without JTE. He simply can't.

Even if the time comes for them to be separated, may it be because LG has to go on his time travel journey or something else, I am sure that he will promise to come back to her no matter what.

• Like 8

Hi everyone... how has it been? 

How many grey hairs have u grown in the past 2 days thinking about new revalations and theories to the drama? For me, i havent been thinking much... just let it flow... asking questions rather than trying to figure it out :D

Despite that, i did wonder, so how did JTE got involved in all this? Why did her ID ended up with LG 25 years ago? That is the key question. What is the back story to that and since when did LG (rescuer) carried her ID 25 years ago? Hmm... 

Thinking of which new drama to watch... Hospital Playlist have ended, so its time catch up with that..

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

5 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

This is what I wrote almost a month ago re the 

I did read your comments here and some of the other sites :)

In episode 1 the way it is cut, it definitely makes me think there is more than one person. I would like to think that JTE is also involved but other than one side profile, which to me looks like a woman's body but I dont know what the director/writer has in mind. Points based on what I can make out from the past 13 episodes:

- LG is not good at shooting yet LG and his uncle speak of his good shooting skills in episode 13 when LG is poisoned.

- JY knows the layout of the palace so definitely a candidate if it is a multiple people set-up.

- SJ getting so much screentime and because of his love for JTE being involved also makes sense.

-The wildest theory that I could come up with: multiple people are all LG except each cut is a different timeline. Don't ask me to explain this but it is a theory. In each timeline he disrupts the killing of child LG but only in one when he is able to check the child's pulse does the card get dropped.

- The reveal of LG being his own saviour was a bit flat to me so am also wondering if it is a Hitchhock style surprise (not done well) to misguide the viewer.

I want to see which way does the story go or if all of the above are untrue.

Time stops, time travel, time whatever along with so many character stories and of course the love story itself, the political games... how will we wrap this up in 3 hours and 30 minutes? 4 more days to friday.

@Wanderer062287: LG keeps changing his watches. His watch from the first two/three episodes changes when he sees LR in the video footage :( The device for the king is the flute while for HP was that watch (I should reread HP, it has been ages!)
As for the role of JY: I feel as though most characters in the drama are under-utilized. They have a huge cast but not enough time or space for them. For example: for me SJ's story fell flat at some point because they took (and still are taking) too long for me to understand how is he connected to the main plot.

@SweetButters just wanted to thank you for all the explanations. They help. I am still grappling with them and I agree the creators should have explained more. on one hand they are using lots of science and maths to remain logical but on the other also trying to keep it simplistic in terms of explanations which doesn't work.

I do not know who wrote this but I agree: the Scooby team or LG team or the King's team is not working cooperatively. JTE said that she was in a joint venture to solve the case but as of now they don't have joint meetings or even share everything. Love is cute but their cuteness at the cost of the investigation is a bit too foolhardy!

Last, in defence of JY: I am suspicious of so many characters and because JY is not clear to me (his voice over is the only one hinting at his motivations but too much is left to my interpretation) and some reveal said that LG will be disappointed in JY so I keep thinking that he has to do some wrong.

However, if I keep aside my bias and the fact that the poor guy hasnt really got a chance to shine (ES saved the King twice, JY has had 2 or 3 nice moments -- JY meeting ES, JY with ES's sibbling and JY with PM in KOC -- rest are not memorable to me -- even the first episode interaction with the KING), then I do think that he is super loyal and almost a boyfriend to the King. This show will show us no sides of him except him thinking about the King and being loyal... maybe loyal to a fault. 

He stepped out to buy soju because he was about to tell LG about the Korean mom and he knew that LG was happy to receive a gift from his darling, so he was giving him sometime to savour that gift. Simple if we take that interaction on the surface.

He went out, Luna came in and because she asked about JY, guess is that she was not comfortable with being alone with LG as she might be found out or because LG had had the spiked drink she did not want JY to intervene before the deed was done or she wanted to share a spiked drink with JY too such that both would be dead at a go.

His sowing doubts in JTE's head or pushing SJ towards JTE could simple mean him not wanting to share his best friend, the King.

What I found interesting was: SJ for the second time hinted at JTE being unattainable. JTE is a sweet dream, though she is in the same world as him they are far apart than people in separate worlds and when he answers LG about his relation to JTE he speaks of places which are far apart. Why does he think that JTE is unattainable? Also, why does she call him Hyung-nim?

If we have a Luna-SJ love story, will SJ be satisfied with a substitute of JTE?

One more bit: I don't want Luna to be JTE in any form or even exchanged by fate. In the first case, it would be illogical. If the drama is about doppelgangers than why should JTE not have one? In the second case: FATE was being cruel. Demons doing exchange of babies is understandable as they are evil but Fate choosing one twin to another is plain unforgivable specially if fate is synonymous to a super non-evil power and not fate in the fortune sense of the word.

LG and JTE really take threats too easily: LG underestimated LR and went on the attack. JTE underestimated Luna and the danger surrounding not just her but people around her. In the internet age where identity is everything should she not have tried harder to corner Luna?

@Emmy Nur'aenny: nope the yo-yo child in reality is a she and we do not know what the gender is in the series.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@vangsweetie637@2handsintertwined@imels @Dramafreak @ms_inquiry @YongZura⁷ @ktcjdrama @mrsj3n @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @Edgar Pordwed @madmad min @syntyche

image.png

Remember my analysis about the significance of the mirrors. In this scene, the mirror has an important purpose. It makes Lee Gon realize that he traveled in the past and saved himself. He had already imagined that a time travel was possible. In the same episode, he had told his girlfriend: "If there's a time axis in there as well as a space axis, then it'll be possible". By looking at the mirror, he discovered his future self acting in the past. He only got aware of it, the moment he identified the woman as Luna and saw his own reflection in the mirror. That's when he realizes that he is wearing the same clothes than the mysterious savior. It was as if the mirror allowed him to see his own past but at the same time his own future. At some point, he will travel to the past.

Then next to him, there is Luna, his enemy but since she looks like Jeong Tae Eul, we have to wonder if JTE will stand by his side, when he travels back in the past. Let us not forget that she is the one who had the cellphone with the inscription: Back to the future. On the other hand, we shouldn't forget that Luna was the one who stole JTE's cellphone. Since the cellphone is in her hands, she could travel back to the past as well. Luna wished, she had grown up differently, so maybe Lee Gon help her to change her fate so that when she travels back to the future, she can die in peace, as her time is limited. 

The second remark about the scars on the traitors. It looks like the scars reflect the way their doppelgangers were killed. And this leads me to the next observation: Lee Gon is suffering because his pain in the shoulder is linked to the death of Lee Rim's doppelganger. The latter had his neck broken that's why the scar is visible on his from the neck to his cheek. As you know, the nerve on the shoulder goes through the neck. My assumption is that Lee Rim's blood came in contact with Lee Gon's blood so that the latter was somehow contaminated. Notice that Lee Rim doesn't suffer that much compared to the others. Lee Gon is somehow sharing Lee Rim's pain and sin.

Since the flute was cut in half, we have to assume that Lee Rim is able to travel in the future, while the other can go back to the past. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 9

There is definitely a time loop, and it's here in this forum.  :lol:

The 2 shoes idea was shared by @Vincentia Vocalia via @kdrama_fashion on page 175.

The first shoes are LG and the second eyes are LMH.

I've shared my theory several times already in previous loops, so I'll stay out of this one.  :)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Last, in defence of JY: I am suspicious of so many characters and because JY is not clear to me (his voice over is the only one hinting at his motivations but too much is left to my interpretation) and some reveal said that LG will be disappointed in JY so I keep thinking that he has to do some wrong.

However, if I keep aside my bias and the fact that the poor guy hasnt really got a chance to shine (ES saved the King twice, JY has had 2 or 3 nice moments -- JY meeting ES, JY with ES's sibbling and JY with PM in KOC -- rest are not memorable to me -- even the first episode interaction with the KING), then I do think that he is super loyal and almost a boyfriend to the King. This show will show us no sides of him except him thinking about the King and being loyal... maybe loyal to a fault. 

His sowing doubts in JTE's head or pushing SJ towards JTE could simple mean him not wanting to share his best friend, the King.

I was rewatching episode 13 and the part where SJ admitted his crush on JTE and walked away, JY's face was hilarious. 

I don't know how many here watch Chinese period dramas set in palaces where jealous concubines vie to be the emperor's favourite? JY had that face, the face of that jealous concubine trying to scheme her way back into the emperor's good books. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Do you suspect JY? That his going down the wrong path? I personally couldn't detect anything but I could be wrong. Luna is street smart and knows her way around certain things. She is underrated character and capable of alot of things

@Elnin Joery yes as mentioned I found the situation too convenient and hence suspicious. Like how Luna knows exactly where and when to enter the hotel room. How can she be sure TE is not there at that time or if Gon is not already talking on the phone with TE. Earlier in the episode Luna “got caught” by SJ afterwards in the exact same fashion...

But seriously I hope KES doesn’t go that path. Without this I already have a hard time imagine how 3 remaining hours are enough to wrap up everything WELL

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, inBinJinitrust said:

@Elnin Joery yes as mentioned I found the situation too convenient and hence suspicious. Like how Luna knows exactly where and when to enter the hotel room. How can she be sure TE is not there at that time or if Gon is not already talking on the phone with TE. Earlier in the episode Luna “got caught” by SJ afterwards in the exact same fashion...

I don't think we are going down that path. Luna has JTE phone and she is streetwise and she knew JTE was on work and located JY probably via SJ. I geninuely feel like he wanted to drink to talk about the relationship with JTE 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@vangsweetie637 @Dramafreak @ms_inquiry @YongZura⁷ @ktcjdrama @mrsj3n @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @Edgar Pordwed @madmad min @syntyche

Spoiler

Remember my analysis about the significance of the mirrors. In this scene, the mirror has an important purpose. It makes Lee Gon realize that he traveled in the past and saved himself. He had already imagined that a time travel was possible. In the same episode, he had told his girlfriend: "If there's a time axis in there as well as a space axis, then it'll be possible". By looking at the mirror, he discovered his future self acting in the past. He only got aware of it, the moment he identified the woman as Luna and saw his own reflection in the mirror. That's when he realizes that he is wearing the same clothes than the mysterious savior. It was as if the mirror allowed him to see his own past but at the same time his own future. At some point, he will travel to the past.

Then next to him, there is Luna, his enemy but since she looks like Jeong Tae Eul, we have to wonder if JTE will stand by his side, when he travels back in the past. Let us not forget that she is the one who had the cellphone with the inscription: Back to the future. On the other hand, we shouldn't forget that Luna was the one who stole JTE's cellphone. Since the cellphone is in her hands, she could travel back to the past as well. Luna wished, she had grown up differently, so maybe Lee Gon help her to change her fate so that when she travels back to the future, she can die in peace, as her time is limited. 

The second remark about the scars on the traitors. It looks like the scars reflect the way their doppelgangers were killed. And this leads me to the next observation: Lee Gon is suffering because his pain in the shoulder is linked to the death of Lee Rim's doppelganger. The latter had his neck broken that's why the scar is visible on his from the neck to his cheek. As you know, the nerve on the shoulder goes through the neck. My assumption is that Lee Rim's blood came in contact with Lee Gon's blood so that the latter was somehow contaminated. Notice that Lee Rim doesn't suffer that much compared to the others. Lee Gon is somehow sharing Lee Rim's pain and sin.

Since the flute was cut in half, we have to assume that Lee Rim is able to travel in the future, while the other can go back to the past. 

The preview scene of Lee Rim meeting Lee Rim of the past reflects that Lee Rim also can travel to the past.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

I've shared my theory several times already in previous loops, so I'll stay out of this one.  :)

I'm sorry you might have already been stuck in the time loop for explaining over and over again huhuu but can you share at least the gist of your theory regarding this shoe-rescue scene conundrum? Would really appreciate it :bawling:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I don't think we are going down that path. Luna has JTE phone and she is streetwise and she knew JTE was on work and located JY probably via SJ. I geninuely feel like he wanted to drink to talk about the relationship with JTE 

@Elnin JoeryThe scene where TE’s colleague said her phone service had already been cancelled would be silly then...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, inBinJinitrust said:

@Elnin JoeryThe scene where TE’s colleague said her phone service had already been cancelled would be silly then...

I don't think it would tho she only cancelled her phone after JTE found out about her and she was roaming freely for days and had time to gather all intel on her

• Like 4