[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Dramafreak aah..  The yoyo kid in real life is a girl?  Woow I don't know that haha..  Thank you :rolleyes:

And guys..  Please don't make a theory about jo yeong will do something bad :tears: my heart can't accept that:bawling:

Oh Nooo..:bawling:

Ah and,  happy or sad ending is not the problem, 

The problem is it satisfying ending or not :unsure:

I wish the end of this drama will satisfying for us :blush:

Aah..  Didn't want this come to end :bawling:

Oh and,  would you watch ep 1 again and see on 10:35 and 10:36 , that's look like Jo Yeong :wub:

From what I see..  There is 2 saviors, 

One, the guy who shoot the glass and kill almost all the traitors,  he look like clean the road for other guy who come..  That's Lee Gon,  our King :rolleyes: he look like shoot many times but actually just shoot one, lee rim,  but the bookstore guy block it and get shoot on his shoulder,  they run out,  and Lee Gon come to little Lee Gon,  make sure he is alive,  and little lee gon 'accidentally ' take Tae eul's ID card.. 

End.. :D

That's from what I see :phew: forgive me if it's wrong:w00t:

I'm not genius like many people here:flushed:

Ah and sorry if someone already said that :)

I join this forum about page 530+ until now and after 530+ I almost read all until now,  you guys so clever and funny :joy:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Yup, I read that somewhere too. Seems KGE studied  English  in LA and her singing in English is very good. Perhaps, he could take a crash course in American pronunciation and reading and consider Hollywood or perhaps he does not want or need it. It would be a waste though.

KGE studied english?

But why on earth does she not understand what Jung Eun Chae was saying when she has to summarize TKEM to the viewers?

I remembered Lee Min Ho asked her what did JEC say and she said she dont know?

47 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Its like chicken and egg story... with regards to JTE's ID.

1.Young  LG got it from his saviour

2. His saviour got it from Luna

3. Luna got it from LR

4. LR got it from the palace maid

5. Palace maid got it from stealing from Lady Noh's drawer

6. Lady Noh got it from JTE on her first time travel

7. So there is 2 identical JTE IDs in the world now:D

So now, i wanna know, why JTE, King Lee Gon? Whats the back story to their fate or destiny together as lovers? Where did it all start?

Why are you giving yourself such a headache?

:joy:

@bebebisous33 Luna as the 2nd saviour? 

I'm having difficulty picturing that.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Many have speculated that there were two saviors during the coup d’etat. I have the feeling that Luna could be the second savior if there is a second helper.

@bebebisous33

I don't believe Luna is the second savior, but I do think that she could be a helper.

I think the "rabbit with the clock" is KGE, so I think it is either Luna or TE dressed as Luna.

I get the feeling that the rabbit is a time traveler from the future.

(It keeps disappearing and you hear the sound of gears during those scenes.) 

So, it could be Luna (with time-traveling LG's help) guiding LG to the portal.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

KGE studied english?

But why on earth does she not understand what Jung Eun Chae was saying when she has to summarize TKEM to the viewers?

I remembered Lee Min Ho asked her what did JEC say and she said she dont know?

Why are you giving yourself such a headache?

:joy:

@bebebisous33 Luna as the 2nd saviour? 

I'm having difficulty picturing that.

Yes, we have the impression that if they are two, they looked like men... but we didn't see why the roof exploded so suddenly. That's why I have the impression that the young Lee Gon didn't see everything like the viewers. There could be a twist.

2 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@bebebisous33

I don't believe Luna is the second savior, but I do think that she could be a helper.

I think the "rabbit with the clock" is KGE, so I think it is either Luna or TE dressed as Luna.

I get the feeling that the rabbit is a time traveler from the future.

(It keeps disappearing and you hear the sound of gears during those scenes.) 

So, it could be Luna (with time-traveling LG's help) guiding LG to the portal.

That's what I meant... she will help him.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I think SJ's double is hospitalized and he can't walk. I think the woman who asked LL to hurt these 3 kids is SJ's gambling mom.... 

LL swapped son for her and that is how she got SJ while the handicapped one is hospitalized  

I agree with SJ' double immobilize. Probably also still unconsious.

As for the mother of handicaped children, that was different mother. She appeared to be the new watcher in the scene where LJH mom's wanted to suicide and she prevented her. 

I still don't know what the deal that SJ's family receive, i'm curious with the non-appeae father.

I assume the family never knew what happen or not making any deal and the child just get swapped.

The main culprit is SJ's mom in the KoC, she wanted a better life for her son, thus she sent him to RoK to nice family unknowingly that the family went bankrupt, she kept working to LR.

That is why LR says "KSJ, the mistake that i made, JTE, the mistake i naver made"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

@Joanna Alfson... afterall, 1 day in KoC could mean weeks or months in RoK

Clarifying: 1 day in KOC = 1 day in ROK. Time flows the same in both worlds. You may have mistaken KOC to be the world in between where time flows slowly. 1 day in the world in between = 60 days in ROK and KOC. 

Which got me thinking, the in between space is definitely moving at a much faster speed than earth, possibly the speed of light! That’s why aging is much slower there. I’m basing this off of Einstein’s theory of relativity: time runs faster or slower depending on how fast you are traveling. The faster you travel, the slower time flows. There must be some way to calculate how fast they are moving in the in between, given that 1 minute there equals 1 hour on earth. I’m not going to try but my guess is they are moving at the speed of light. Which is great because time traveling requires the speed of light! And what more? The world in between has no wind or air. It’s a vacuum! Traveling at the speed of light in a vacuum = time travel. So there we have it, time traveling can only occur in the world in between! I assume we always knew this but it’s nice to have science to back it up. 

Now I’d like to take the time to appreciate LG’s most accurate watch. Did you know that it takes a special kind of watch, only the most accurate watch to detect when time actually flows slower or faster? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/einsteins-theory-is-proved-and-it-is-bad-news-if-you-own-a-penthouse-2088195.html%3famp

LG has the most accurate watch and that’s why he was able to recognize time flowed slower in the world in between. Consider my mind blown. No detail can ever be overlooked! 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, goldenashes97 said:

Oohhh so it's a text preview? No wonder! I can't read hangeul lol. 

I agree with what you said. It's very out of character for Lee Gon to ask TaeEul to let him go. He couldn't even let her go when he first realized that he was a danger to her, and that's when their relationship has barely started.

Now that they have made such progress (possible baby-making and obvious bed-sharing:wub:), there's no way LG would want to live without JTE. He simply can't.

Even if the time comes for them to be separated, may it be because LG has to go on his time travel journey or something else, I am sure that he will promise to come back to her no matter what.

I am with you on this. LG is very invested in JTE from the very beginning. He was the one who chase her while she was very apprehensive about him.

LG will not give JTE up for "the greater good". He mentioned to JTE, that he will always find a way back to her. 

My only concern now is the ending. Since we know there is a scene of LG in his "glorious" suit and JTE seemly promoted.. I fear we will end here. I pray not. Its so unsatisfying... It's so Goblin-like. I cannot accept such ending. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

My only concern now is the ending. Since we know there is a scene of LG in his "glorious" suit and JTE seemly promoted.. I fear we will end here. I pray not. Its so unsatisfying... It's so Goblin-like. I cannot accept such ending. 

Don't worry the things which not happened yet, they said. 

I believe we will get happy ending. While some might think that it will follow the footsteps of Goblin ending. I am really feeling this, the ending will be beautiful as our king promised. 

Remember the flowers JTE planted in her pot and the new one she bought it once again in her second trip and scattered onto the land of in-between worlds, the ones on her pot in ROK are sprouting, these are the signs, like a good omen, happy ending. Think only happy thought is the spell and let the magic do its miracle. 

Who knows our dear writer-nim is here again to listen and grant our wish. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Or worse, we end off at the end of episode 1.

JTE hugs LG. Background music playing: “you are my dream, you are my love.” The end. 

Writer Kim better be ready to receive backlash :lol:

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Hehehe it  wasnt much of a headache..  i just wanna know how they first met, how  and why it must be JTE:D

I wouldn’t mind watching a whole season two of how they first fell in love. Sign me up. Let’s have it air on Netflix only. Forget about sbs. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

JTE hugs LG. Background music playing: “you are my dream, you are my love.” The end. 

Writer Kim better be ready to receive backlash

She won't get blacklash if she didn't forget to write "See you all in Season 2" at the end credit. 

If it's not, then she ask for the fans to be like ...

PlasticOptimisticArmyworm-small.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

29 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Writer Kim better be ready to receive backlash :lol:

Aiaiaiai, I will rather have LeeEul dead than have Lalala background ending!! Simply Stated. 

Who All can be the 2nd savior--->> The one Who Knows what Kind of Costume LG is wearing Currently. Because the only difference we saw was the SHOES.

1. JY saw the costume...Shoe similarity unless he has one from how ES wears I doubt it.

2. JTE-->>But she is stabbed

3. Luna--->>Pair Looked like sneakers, maybe 2% possible

4. LG himself--->>Multiple attempted Loops.

At this point I don't think SJ was there simply because of similarity of savior costume.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

@bebebisous33 Theoretically speaking I may agree with the fact that LG is getting hurted due to scar (Like HP) being a side-effect of Blood Mixing of LR and his doppelganger, But that can also mean LJH may have survived. While HP seemed more apt early on (I also suspected the Blood dropping from Flute to special body parts leading to scars appearing), at this point SCAR=Doppelganger killed having scar at that particular point as a REMINDER OF their misdeed is more believable for me atleast. :D . Resurrecting LJH NOW is of no use anymore in current timeline. 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Aiaiaiai, I will rather have LeeEul dead than have Lalala background ending!! Simply Stated. 

I guess the ending will be the ones of the spoilers have been shown before. 

Spoiler

The one that the two of them are in the beach and then to city centre of Seoul perhaps.

JTE probably takes her boyfriend king to Heongdae to get him a big bear doll as she ever promised. They spend the time together and enjoy their date like a normal people. 

I have a feeling it would be something like this, 

I told you, just think lots of happy thought, it lessen your stress and relax your brain from worrying unnecessarily. That"s what I'm doing now. :lol:

40 minutes ago, madmad min said:

The one Who Knows what Kind of Costume LG is wearing Currently. Because the only difference we saw was the SHOES.

We're even really thinking a lot of the shoes model and size here. Like we're doing for shopping. Lol. Seriously, you all are amazing to even notice the differences of the shoes while I see it just like shoes, just shoes, nothing really that particular or whatsover. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

We're even really thinking a lot of the shoes model and size here. Like we're doing for shopping. Lol. Seriously, you all are amazing to even notice the differences of the shoes while I see it just like shoes, just shoes, nothing really that particular or whatsover. 

Well I did not pay attention to it earlier as well :D What made me do a backtrack was Savior crash landed via Window to a separate space and RAN, and again He came back Shooting in mid AIR?? There I though I saw 2 shoes any ample of people confirmed it as well. It has to be seen now that we all are overthinking because again we do not yet know the exact architecture of the Room where the Flute was kept or is it really 2 Saviors with Blue and Black shoes.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Well I did not pay attention to it earlier as well :D What made me do a backtrack was Savior crash landed via Window to a separate space and RAN, and again He came back Shooting in mid AIR?? There I though I saw 2 shoes any ample of people confirmed it as well. It has to be seen now that we all are overthinking because again we do not yet know the exact architecture of the Room where the Flute was kept or is it really 2 Saviors with Blue and Black shoes.

I've ever read some posts in the early episodes discussion here regarding to the shoes and the speculation of the the savior identity and their number, back then we had no much spoilers and revelations as we have now. 

And it's being the topic again I guess. Well. 

Okay, I will watch that part again tomorrow and connect the theories with it. Now, I'm going to bed. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

NOOOOOOOOOO that would be a very bad bad DREAM :scream:

A FREAKING NIGHTMARE. :weary:

Dramagod, please don't let this happen:confounded:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Everyone is discussing sience and math and physics and there is me still waiting to hear that proper proposal :joy:

and re watch the little sweet moments of ep13 like guys can we talk about 

- Lee Gon grab his phone right away asking for number and is slightly a bit angry when he learnt that Tae Eul went out and not let him know and he is worried too much that he asked for "solve the urgent matters first" and then bombard calling Jang Mi Reuk to the point that they didnt have time to pick up the phone

personally i think the main reason Tae Eul doesnt ask Lee Gon to go with her cuz she knew he will choose her over his busy work 

- he stopped her to leave and suggest to "watch the dawn together", but it was just  not past mid-night and its actually sweet way of him to ask "lets spend the night together" (swooon) 

- he told her "go to bed first" and the married couple vibe is just too strong

- Introducing himself to her father, he choose to mentioned his feeling first "the one who likes your daughter" and then his name "Im Lee Gon". He only said his name two times- one to Tae Eul and this time to her father

- She get the grilled meat, cool it down for him and giving to him first and he just receive it naturally like it happens many times before already 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18