[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@mychoiyoung that’s right! I do remember now. It was discussed here. I don’t think we are going to get the backstory now. It is already too late into the story unless someone just briefly mentions it. Thing is, and @AgentQuake pointed it out, is LR mentions to PM that her parents respected him a lot. Now, to me, it looked like PM’s mom didn’t respect him when she saw him at the shop. So the theory that PM’s mom may not be her mom actually makes sense. But if people respected him like he said, then why did he turn against the royal line? I just don’t get it. It even seems like little LG loved his uncle at one point too. 

It also makes me wonder exactly how many people ‘respected’ him other than his minions. We see that he had to switch a lot of doppelgängers so he must have had some followers beforehand who believes he is right in his actions. I just cannot grasp why he chose to commit regicide. Was it simply because of the flute or because of reasons we are not shown? If it really is about the throne, then he would be fighting for the throne now. But it doesn’t seem like it’s about the throne at all. He killed his half brother knowing he wasn’t next in line so did he simply kill just for the greed of the flute? And like you said, did he have some grudge hidden his family status? Was he not happy to be just a half and not a whole? Was he driven to commit these crimes? I am trying to understand his story but he just doesn’t have one. He started out bad and all we see is that he is getting worse. His evil intentions seems to be more than simply a grudge or to be King. I am afraid at this point, we will not know. And we will just have to accept that he is the nemesis without a backup story. If such is the case, I feel that KES could have spent some time on this then to give us arcs that don’t necessarily need to be there. 

47 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I believe it has something to do with his ego because he dosen't strike me as the guy who would settle for second place 

I agree! And his ego is strong! But he killed his brother knowing he won’t be first place anyways. So all I can do is accept that he is just this evil guy who wants to be a ruler, not just a King. He wants everyone to respect and bow down to him. No exceptions. And I am hoping that we will see an actual 70 year old LR. Oh, how it must hurt his pride to see everything he worked for failed when LG gets the whole flute and the power returns to its original state. 

Man it’s getting late already. Almost time for me to sleep! I will have plenty of pages to catch up on again tomorrow lol. Goodnight everyone!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Elnin Joery & and others. I am in the USA watching on Netflix. I have been a  Lee Min Ho fan for a long time since City Hunter. He was the first Kdrama star I followed. In the USA K drama and Kpop are starting to catch on so fan base is growing. I know that when  he came to the USA several years ago, there where fans who did meet him at the airport. As for me once I discovered K dramas & C dramas it's mostly what I watch because the stories are better then what I can watch in the USA. Like many here I also miss Drama Fever it was one of the best sights for K drama now I have to rely on Vikki and Netflix

@SweetButtersIf the flute needs to be whole to do time travel then that means that at one time both LL and the King needed to have the whole flute. That means that we have to have had at least 2 face to face battles between them.

• Like 8

This might sound like a really dumb question, but why does the Scooby gang (LG, JY, SJ , JTE) not go inside LR's portal from the ROK side as the # of uses until time stops gets closer? I mean they could surprise attack LR that way lol. People inside the wormhole or whatever it seems would be immune to the time stoppage occurring on the outside. I mean the Scooby gang could just camp out in there :joy:.

###########################

4 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

@SweetButtersIf the flute needs to be whole to do time travel then that means that at one time both LL and the King needed to have the whole flute. That means that we have to have had at least 2 face to face battles between them.

@lindas55 Yes I believe so, as I pointed out in that post of mine, what we are about to see is multiple alternative timelines all occurring inside the wormhole or in between place. I feel like we will probably have more than 2, but I could be wrong !

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

This might sound like a really dumb question, but why does the Scooby gang (LG, JY, SJ , JTE) not go inside LR's portal from the ROK side as the # of uses until time stops gets closer? I mean they could surprise attack LR that way lol. People inside the wormhole or whatever it seems would be immune to the time stoppage occurring on the outside. I mean the Scooby gang could just camp out in there :joy:.

cos time flows differently inside. if they camped inside for too long, by the time they exit, everyone else they know from the real world would have died of old age LOL

• Like 7

I just need to know WHY and HOW Luna was the one who originally led LG to the portal in the first place.  They put such emphasis on bunny clock person and we know from ep 1 that when LG crossed the portal, JTE saw Luna wearing the bunny jacket. 

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

A mirror wormhole? 

Something like this? Looks like the flute, right? 

Or this?

Exotic matter?

And yes that's what I was leading to - that the seeds that TE introduced to the InBetweenPlace may the needed exotic matter to stabilize the wormhole.

It takes 2 years to grow? 

Interesting that we have a video shown by Fate/Yoyo Kid 2 years into the future.. TE walking into the bookstore dated 2022

@mychoiyoung thats not a mirror worm hole, thats just a regular traversable wormhole. With two mouths or portals you could say! For example, the yellow opening is the portal entrance to KOC and the blue mouth or opening is the entrance or portal to ROK. They are connected by the traversable wormhole which is that white like tube aka the in between place. I drew something similar in a previous post, but I didn't make it 3D lol (its the same thing if you turn my drawing clockwise):

wMfDtvI.png

As far as exotic matter is concerned, it would be the seeds, it could be the whole flute, or it could also be cosmic strings (haha I was thinking maybe KES used LG and JTE's string of fate as a metaphor for cosmic string). Oh yea in another post when I talked about her "magic lilies" I pointed out how it was interesting that magic lilies take 2 years to grow and how that video was dated 2022. Pointing to more evidence JTE will live in KOC with LG in the end of all this roller coaster of a ride lol!!!:wub:

##########################

42 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

cos time flows differently inside. if they camped inside for too long, by the time they exit, everyone else they know from the real world would have died of old age LOL

@SCSfanz Yes I know time flows differently in there, but I said as time is approaching the freezing point as in everyone on the outside is about to be frozen in time in both worlds. I was the one that went into detail about how time works differently in the wormhole or in between place LOL!

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

3 hours ago, Time loop said:

@AgentQuake

Okay look I will give you an example. 

If Lee Gon goes back to 94 and manages to kill LR he has altered the timeline and he gets the full flute. Baby Lee Gon starts his journey again with math and grows up. He dosen't remember anything from the altered timeline because it never happened to him all these events because it was altered out and instead new memories will fill that spot as he grows up and runs into JTE again in a different pattern where he dosen't remember her

Even if the time line changes JTE and Lee Gon will end up together because that is their destiny. Events can change but their fate means they are destined to meet and fall in love. That's part of the balance. Defying fate and not following your destiny affects the balance of the worlds

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Regardless of the ending will be, I think I will cry bucket on the finale episode. 

I love how this drama make of us Monarks become a Thinker. We have educational material , conspiracies, theories etc, all thrown to our brain and congesting our heart and soul. :lol: 

Good luck on the withdrawal after this drama ended. 

BUT, I really hope this piece to be made into book. I think It will be a very beautiful storytelling. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:
On 5/31/2020 at 2:48 AM, Dramafreak said:

I think there is a second shooter, check the preview video of episode 14...

I am not good with screenshots but episode 1:

Someone shoots at the ceiling, traitors look upwards, then One shooter tall shoots, takes refuge behind a body and shoots more then jumps through the glass and hides behind the wall. next comes someone who shoots and there is a side profile of the person (who to me looks like someone with a woman's upperbody) and then i see this person who checks the child's pulse. The last person shooting actually is able to get no one with his shots.

The SJ-as-the-second-savior theory actually makes sense to me (and I hope it really is the case), but if that is the case, then what is the ultimate role of JY?

As much as I am sold with the multiple-savior thing, why do I feel like that's not what they're going for huhu. I feel like it's really just gonna be one-LG-one-savior. I hope not, but I really feel it. 

This is what I wrote almost a month ago re the 

On another blog I even said it could be 3 pax in that rescue team. But definitely 2 different pairs of shoes

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@mychoiyoung thats not a mirror worm hole, thats just a regular traversable wormhole. With two mouths or portals you could say! For example, the yellow opening is the portal entrance to KOC and the blue mouth or opening is the entrance or portal to ROK. They are connected by the traversable wormhole which is that white like tube aka the in between place. I drew something similar in a preview post, but I didn't make it 3D lol (its the same thing if you turn my drawing clockwise):

As far as exotic matter is concerned, it would be the seeds, it could be the whole flute, or it could also be cosmic strings (haha I was thinking maybe KES used LG and JTE's string of fate as a metaphor for cosmic string). Oh yea in another post when I talked about her "magic lilies" I pointed out how it was interesting that magic lilies take 2 years to grow and how that video was dated 2022. Pointing to more evidence JTE will live in KOC with LG in the end of all this roller coaster of a ride lol!!!:wub:

##########################

@SCSfanz Yes I know time flows differently in there, but I said as time is approaching the freezing point as in everyone on the outside is about to be frozen in time in both worlds. I was the one that went into detail about how time works differently in the wormhole or in between place LOL!

Oh No..  My brain :blink:

I wish you will explain everything to us in the end of ep 16 :D 

You are genius :love:

Or I wish KES will make a explanation about anything in this drama with a simple explanation,  so we can understand all of this in the end of the drama :grimace:

I didn't want this drama come to the end :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I just need to know WHY and HOW Luna was the one who originally led LG to the portal in the first place.  They put such emphasis on bunny clock person and we know from ep 1 that when LG crossed the portal, JTE saw Luna wearing the bunny jacket. 

Was she actually there? I’ve always wondered if it was a vision. A calling. Something that he wanted to see so badly that his mind tricked him to believe it was real. She disappeared. Where could she have gone? She was running by foot so there’s no way she could have outran him. If it’ll never be addressed, I’m going to leave it at that. I’ll accept it. 

It’s kind of like how I want MinEun to be real so badly that I’m tricking my mind to believe they are real. Always count on me to include them every time. EVERY.TIME. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

35 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I was wondering? Was it really Luna who was running at the stables? It might be yoyo kid...when JY was looking at the glass reflection he saw somebody wearing the same jacket and found out that it was somebody else...and that person bought it online. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Emmy Nur'aenny said:

Oh No..  My brain :blink:

I wish you will explain everything to us in the end of ep 16 :D 

You are genius :love:

Or I wish KES will make a explanation about anything in this drama with a simple explanation,  so we can understand all of this in the end of the drama :grimace:

I didn't want this drama come to the end :bawling:

@Emmy Nur'aenny hahah thanks, but im so far from genius level haha!!!! Yea I think thats the problem, she's not really explaining anything which kinda makes the story confusing a lot of times!! Anyways here's some previous posts concerning flute/time travelingtime dilation on the outside of portals, and background info on the flute and portals that you might find helpful! Oh yea I definitely dont want this to end either, but then again I feel like my brain needs a good mental rest soon haha!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Okay, Netflix really needed to put a disclaimer on the “wrapping it” comment, explaining what was being discussed.

The astronomical amount of western LMHoes who were convinced it was about a condom all had conniptions on YouTube (I got to grace all of you guys with my howling).  Many hot flashes appeared to have been had, and then we find out it is once again about the booze.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Whoa..maybe I was just slow but I just realized that the chicken brand from here is the same one from Goblin.

Daebak!!

tenor.gif?itemid=9408072

Even the chicken time travelled. :joy:

edit:

@Heretorant hahaha, now I can see why you are Secretary Mo. Every time I read your posts, I only remember Secretary Mo is you and you are Secretary Mo :joy:

cabf8baf7b269e0b82f16ce29996436e7c4293cf

Spoiler

4ff064d38ae4ce9575888e06bb72258e347059d7

• Like 1
  • LOL 20

The chicken in TKEM so far hasn’t been as offensive as CLOY, where Seri goes through a montage of all of her love for Captain Ri and the moments in her life she cherishes the most and the first moment is a close up of the f ing chicken. 

Granted, we have 3 episodes left and the chicken could still be the ultimate savior between worlds.  

Poor Yeong.  I’ve counted at least 4 chicken meals since LG left him in ROK.

• Like 2
  • LOL 22

26 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

I was wondering? Was it really Luna who was running at the stables? It might be yoyo kid...when JY was looking at the glass reflection he saw somebody wearing the same jacket and found out that it was somebody else...and that person bought it online. 

I remember Luna gave the jacket to the yoyo kid, right?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

@AgentQuake haha maybe it was JTE in disguise as Luna round 2 of a loop or something. Maybe there's just one Luna/JTE and Luna is just a time remnant lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2