[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@mychoiyoung I honestly thought i was reading @SweetButters post on the cylinder when I was actually reading yours lol. Then I realized it was worded differently then went to look at the name again haha (my mistake because my phone kept refreshing the page automatically and I would lose my spot lol) but you two are:

with your tipler cylinder tie-in to the flute and its access to space and axis (see, I probably didn’t even use it correctly lol) I learn new things here every time :D

@vangsweetie637 teheheheh thankies ! hahah no worries !! its always good to learn new things everyday!! keeps the mind sharp !!!!

6ccc709d0fa04d05c242b7e759aedbb7cd752383

• Like 6
  • Love 4

26 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I agree here..... Btw! A promoted JTE is a much needed addition 

No... As much as I love it... 

Please please please don't let the scene end there... With JTE in police uniform and LG with flowers and they just both stare at each other. Imma riot. 

• LOL 12

2 hours ago, Time loop said:

LMHxKGE have great chemistry and enough for them to get a room

I hope they already got a room. Preferably lmh’s place, in the living room with the lights off, watching TKEM or doing whatever two very very “good friends” would be doing. 

Hey, don’t blame me. He’s the one who said two things in one interview: 1) he wants to watch TKEM in the living room with lights off and 2) the coactor he wants to watch TKEM with the most with is kge. I just did the math and added it together :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

I still think that PM Koo did not actually kill her own doppelgänger. She most likely had LR and his minions do it. She already knew that it was either her or the other one. So when she saw that LR spoke of the truth about this other world, she made the deal with him. As long as PM agreed to work with LR, the other doppelgänger wouldn’t be needed anymore. She definitely wouldn’t want her hands to have blood, just like how she most likely asked LR to switch pregnant lady for her. She still indirectly killed her doppelgänger which explains the scar on her neck. I think that as long as the doppelgänger was killed (doesn’t matter if it’s by someone else or the other doppelgänger), a scar will appear. Of course, we already saw the dead body so we already know who the PM we see now is. Yeah, you can’t trick us, PM! :P

57 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I was surprised running into that one. The kiss appeared on the other side of the neck. I would guess that is from BTS while I admit I didn't see all of the BTS but saw some of it but didn't catch that one :joy: Or maybe it's from the uncut version

hahaha, it almost seem like it was from the actual beheading scene we got but it was taken at a different angle and then paused! And then a different thinking popped into my head. I was like “ohhhh..it’s that kind of pose..” :lol: :P

@Time loop haha yes two tabs is much faster but my phone kept refreshing it on its own which drove me crazy LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 2

39 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

hahaha, it almost seem like it was from the actual beheading scene we got but it was taken at a different angle and then paused! And then a different thinking popped into my head. I was like “ohhhh..it’s that kind of pose..” :lol: :P

They must have done that scene many times and probably from another take before the director said cut re-try again

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I think he now actually wants to build a name for himself so that everyone can remember him like a King so that if he ever does die, his followers will remember him as the ruler. He can no longer live in KOC. So he is building his own empire (hell as mentioned by one of @bebebisous33 post before) in ROK. But, I think that when he dies, no one will remember him anymore. His name will eventually die too. He died as a traitor in KOC and he will probably die as a criminal in ROK. This guy will still end up losing on both ends. 

I also wrote previously that I wanted to know more about LR's backstory.  Why is he this evil?  The little that was shown of his past hinted that he was treated well in the Kingdom, despite being a bastard.  So what drove him to forsake his family? It is hard to imagine that his rebellion is all because of his discontent at being not in line for the throne.

Could that be it?  Was being not in line drove him to declare "heck with that throne, am gonna be even better than that with 2 worlds!"  And that's what the flute could bring him.  So who introduced him to the flute?  Why did he believe him and his King brother didn't?

Something also must have happened for the late King brother, King Lee Ho (LH) to not believe in the flute. As a national treasure, it was on-passed to him by his father, King Haejong. So LH must have heard of the legend and realized at some point that it wasn't just a myth cos as we know now, it was his father who brought OkNam to KOC.  Is this why he "projected" his disbelief in the myth?  He did not agree with King Haejong's move to bring in OkNam to KOC? And therefore did not on-pass the knowledge to LG?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

I also wrote previously that I wanted to know more about LR's backstory.  Why is he this evil?  The little that was shown of his past hinted that he was treated well in the Kingdom, despite being a bastard.  So what drove him to forsake his family? It is hard to imagine that his rebellion is all because of his discontent at being not in line for the throne.

I believe it has something to do with his ego because he dosen't strike me as the guy who would settle for second place 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

No... As much as I love it... 

Please please please don't let the scene end there... With JTE in police uniform and LG with flowers and they just both stare at each other. Imma riot. 

omg...noooo!!! 

if it ends like that, this is going to be me:
edgeland14.gif?w=250

tenor.gif

Spoiler

200.gif

I can’t have another staring contest with a smile ending..again.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

4 hours ago, Time loop said:

He wants to do MSD haha and do some heart to heart talk about LG's relationship with JTE. The fun part is that he even told SJ that he learned MSD from JTE. I saw him do MSD twice in that scene:joy:

JY doing the MSD might mean he must be  warming up to TE.  I thought he needed to drink with his Pyeha because he would report about seeing LG's mom look-a-alike.

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

I guess, this is the first time in SK drama history that a drama that has low local ratings but NO. 1 one Naver. and has been consistently on the top 10 and top 5. 

So basically, if you take the Local Ratings, The King would be consider a hit?

which only proves that terrestrial ratings is no longer a valid as a lone measurement.  Wavve & Naver arekorean-based platform.  So if a show is rating high on these domestic platform, then definitely it is not s flop.

Then you have the international platform.  SoTKEM is in a good place. 

And it will do better after its live run. 

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

Do you like a mirror wormhole?? If anything, maybe the plant growing in there could be a form of "exotic matter" that stabilizes a wormhole haha. Also note that the plant takes 2 years to grow lol. 

A mirror wormhole? 

Something like this? Looks like the flute, right? 

5ZuBJbn.jpg

Or this?

DXychhp.gif

Exotic matter?

And yes that's what I was leading to - that the seeds that TE introduced to the InBetweenPlace may the needed exotic matter to stabilize the wormhole.

It takes 2 years to grow? 

Interesting that we have a video shown by Fate/Yoyo Kid 2 years into the future.. TE walking into the bookstore dated 2022

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 12

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Could that be it?  Was being not in line drove him to declare "heck with that throne, am gonna be even better than that.  And that's what the flute could bring him.  So who introduced him to the flute?  Why did he believe him and his King brother didn't?

Good point! I, too, am curious of Lee Rim's past and his motivations to do what he did.

I am sensing a "Star Wars: Last Jedi" similarity here where Luke Skywalker sees a vision of Ben/Kylo Ren as a dark side user in the future. Then, Luke tried to kill him in his sleep. Ben stopped him but felt great fear and anger. THAT MOMENT is what turned him to the dark side. Luke actually caused Ben to be on the dark side. It's a cause and effect for both.

In TKEM, maybe what will cause Lee Rim to plot to kill his brother and nephew is future Lee Rim telling him about the power of the Manpasikjeok (am I right? haha). Preparing him too that someone (Lee Gon, unknowingly) will try to kill him. Maybe, in his point of view, he is discriminated as a bastard/illegitimate child of the Royal Family. He will finally do it. His evil plans will start.

It will be a cause-and-effect for both:

past Lee Rim's betrayal POV

cause: manpasikjeok abilities and someone (Lee Gon) will kill him

effect: he will kill his King brother and nephew

present Lee Gon killing Lee Rim POV

cause: Lee Rim killing his father and tried to kill him

effect: he will take the half of the manpasikjeok and kill Lee Rim

By this, they are the cause and effect of each other's decisions and actions. It's a cycle.

I will still stick to my theory that it's a single timeline in a loop/cycle. If Lee Gon kills the present Lee Rim on the past, he won't exist in the future but he must let past Lee Rim live because he must exist for the loop/cycle to continue. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1