[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

8 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I got a lead on the identity of the two saviors.
And if it turns out to be true and it's a spoiler, I'm very happy about that! :)
This allows me to get revenge on all of you, even if it's my fault and I shouldn't read this forum.

Lee Gon + Tae Eul.

It's Tae Eul because otherwise, when Lee Gon goes back in time, and assuming he can't go back to the future, he would be separated from Tae Eul forever.
So that Lee Gon and Tae Eul will enjoy a peaceful life somewhere far away from trouble for 25 years.
Maybe in the end, in the present time, we'll see the couple, who have become happy and old.

I was thinking Tae Eul too...the shoes with lighter color.  :blink:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since Lee Rim knows the future, he thinks that he’ll win as he is able to influence the events in the present so that the future is changed in his favor.

please explain this?

You also said that LR travelled to the future... why do you think so?

• Like 3

Good morning Monarchs! Let’s see..alright, I have 5 pages to backtrack on. Not bad! Although I am sure it will keep going while I backtrack :D

I saw this and was laughing so hard! Are we Shin with this drama? Or did Shin have to wait so long for his JET just to witness her with a King? :joy:

74d774c3bf329623c8e5ebb42e79099c.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

GE studied english?

But why on earth does she not understand what Jung Eun Chae was saying when she has to summarize TKEM to the viewers?

I remembered Lee Min Ho asked her what did JEC say and she said she dont know?

I think they were joking around and she did not want to answer because JEC said it was a sad love story. That was my take anyway.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

please explain this?

You also said that LR travelled to the future... why do you think so?

Because of the ending, when Lee Rim was walking. If you look in the background, there is an exhibition about Relics and Lee Gon's image is in the background. Relics allude to the past.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Because of the ending, when Lee Rim was walking. If you look in the background, there is an exhibition about Relics and Lee Gon's image is in the background. Relics allude to the past.

Now I am confused. So you mean the ending as in episode 13 ending where LR looks at the red exhibition poster (same as one that JTE saw during her visit)? That poster has featured often in the series to signify and help the viewers identify that they were in Corea.

Please explain.

Btw I liked the time and characters analogy. While watching I did wonder why the sandwatch or whatever that is called was there and shot so prominently but it being an personification of Time... makes sense.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Now I am confused. So you mean the ending as in episode 13 ending where LR looks at the red exhibition poster (same as one that JTE saw during her visit)? That poster has featured often in the series to signify and help the viewers identify that they were in Corea.

Please explain.

Btw I liked the time and characters analogy. While watching I did wonder why the sandwatch or whatever that is called was there and shot so prominently but it being an personification of Time... makes sense.

That poster of the king in corea is glorious and probably should have become a secondary to the one we have now as the second official poster 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Please explain.

Well, yes... the thing is that how would Lee Rim come suddenly to this idea that Lee Gon was the mysterious savior? He looks at the exhibition and realizes it. I don't have the impression that it was the same portrayed in the beginning because Lee Rim also visited KOC before and saw it. He couldn't be connected to Luna as Lee Gon was in ROK. Why would he come to this all of the sudden? Furthermore it was already insinuated that Lee Rim knew about time travel. But okay, I might be wrong... from my point of view, Lee Rim has always been too focused on the future as his ultimate goal was to retrieve the flute and to become the future ruler of both worlds. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ima04 said:

I agree with SJ' double immobilize. Probably also still unconsious.

As for the mother of handicaped children, that was different mother. She appeared to be the new watcher in the scene where LJH mom's wanted to suicide and she prevented her. 

I still don't know what the deal that SJ's family receive, i'm curious with the non-appeae father.

I assume the family never knew what happen or not making any deal and the child just get swapped.

The main culprit is SJ's mom in the KoC, she wanted a better life for her son, thus she sent him to RoK to nice family unknowingly that the family went bankrupt, she kept working to LR.

That is why LR says "KSJ, the mistake that i made, JTE, the mistake i naver made"

Interesting. Could she be one of the mom's of the 3 children LR handicapped?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1