[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Also, i read in a comment somewhere somebody said "i guess we should be seeing LMH more on Netlfix" 

You know if he could only reach the level of fluency in english enough to work internationally, he could really have a larger stage. I remember this one interview when he said he had a lot of Hollywood offers but he was not yet confident to accept them.  

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I guess, this is the first time in SK drama history that a drama that has low local ratings but NO. 1 one Naver. and has been consistently on the top 10 and top 5. 

So basically, if you take the Local Ratings, The King would be consider a hit?

I'm not stressing over ratings, it is what it is, but i'm just confused because, while it has it's flaws, it's not a flop.

Also, i read in a comment somewhere somebody said "i guess we should be seeing LMH more on Netlfix" 

I have followed so many drama news for years,  So I know, According Good data The King most talked second drama always since first week and other drama ended , now The King #1 , it was even #2 its point is so high, just ranking isn't important, points are important too, I follow a drama last year (it was #2 and it had 3% rating but it is popular in web), a drama that has 20% rating #1 and its point like The King (in most talked drama ranking ) I mean The King already most talked drama category since first week. I know other drama with high rating but ranking low .Just haters voice is louder <_< and somebody just translates Nate's hate comments <_< The King still hit but they can't say louder .I mean rating isn't for advertisement, If a drama is talked more than a drama with higher rating, it isn't successful? Era is changed, Now Everything is in web.

Good Data collect all data from videos, network, blog , forum etc. 

You can look point difference

SZUp.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Here’s what I’m dying to see (KES DO NOT LET ME DOWN): why is LG in ROK in the diamond jacket after he wipes the timeline?  If LL is defeated, he has no reason to go, and is probably quite busy.  He hasn’t been looking for JTE his whole life, and doesn’t need to chase the white rabbit.  So it’s possible that he just accidentally wandered into ROK this time, but I think it’s more like fate is calling him again.  

The last known owner of the rabbit coat is the yo-yo kid.  Maybe the original bunny coat was yo-yo kid all along, who can manipulate space and time?  He originally triggered LG into chasing him twice in the pilot.  Maybe he tweaks with fate again and leads him to Seoul, to right where JTE is?  Because the bamboo forest doesn’t lead right to Seoul, LG would’ve had to actively steered Maximus there, or fate would have led him there.  

JTE has it MUCH easier.  LG had to convince her that there were parallel universes, he was a King, and that he loved her.  She just needs to convince him that she loves her, which shouldn’t be too hard.  

His in the diamond jacket because he was wearing that before crossing. I think LG crossing is part of his destiny if not chasing someone he would probably do it out of curiosity and ran into JTE anyways 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

:joy: Maximus headbutts LG

Maximus stole a kiss. 

Now if I was my old self 2 months ago, I’d say, “I’ve never wanted to be a horse so bad.”

But today, I like him with someone else too much. 

Do I have to say who? I’m sure everyone knows how I feel by now lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

I’m still curious about the flowers of doom/police officer scene, although that could be a flash forward then?  @SweetButters, didn’t you say that it looked like JTE was promoted so it could be a future scene?

@AgentQuake Yea that could be the final loop that becomes permanent where he wears that outfit to celebrate him winning as well as JTE's glorious day of finally being promoted !! So yea I think those scenes are following what happens after the final battle and final loop where both of them are happy!

###########################

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Oh my Gah @SweetButters I love you! I love this!  Aside from the BTS (ahahahahahaha), the one thing that has occupied my mind lately is the InBetweenPlace, esp after that "impatient" dialogue between LG & TE (x-axis/y-axis space).  What you have outlined here is what I needed to be reminded of!

Curious that Tipler's cylinder is symbolized by a clock and we can see this every time we watch the show & all of its promo materials.  

So this covers the time travelling mechanics.  The speed needed to travel back & forth.  I am confident that as a fast learner LG will realize that he has drawn the cone already & correlate that to the flute. To parahrase the preview "HE is not there yet"

And when you said "potential requirements is that you must use the flute inside of the wormhole or in-between place to time travel as to avoid multiple timelines" then potentially it means LG &  LR duke it out inside the InBetweenPlace - which would technically what will happen cos both of them are facing the portal, about to enter the wormhole.

The other thing I was thinking about the InBetweenPlace is its vastness, esp when LG talked about the x-axis/y-axis space.  Am imagining wild things about this place but that is par for the course with TKEM , right?  That LG has been trying to reach its edge -- but what if there is no edge at all? 

Because to-date, LG is treating the InBetweenPlace in a linear fashion. He observed that the seeds that TE planted sunked to the ground. He posits that living things sink but non living things float.  What if what LG is looking for is not on the surface? Could this be where the y-axis apply?

Hear me out - could the seeds be growing on the other side of the plane of the InBetweenPlace? Could the inverted plane be like the InBetweenPlace's "doppelganger" where everything on the original surface is its opposite?

Told ya its wild but I cannot shrug the feeling everytime I see the intro sequence and tie it with the "impatient" dialogue.

@mychoiyoung HAHAHAH I just brought your mind out of the gutter hahah!!!! Yea Tipler's cylinder axes are very similar to that of a clock! Hahah yea baby boy is just so slow right now hahahah !!!! Yea the in-between place is the wormhole! There is no edge at all because spacetime does not have any edges which means that there is probably an external black hole there (no charge and no rotation).

I think honestly the whole seeds growing in the in-between place is just something KES made up. A wormhole is all about space-time. For something to grow, you would need nutrients and a light source which in wormholes there's no such thing hahah. I could be wrong though!!! Do you like a mirror wormhole?? If anything, maybe the plant growing in there could be a form of "exotic matter" that stabilizes a wormhole haha. Also note that the plant takes 2 years to grow lol. 

23 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Cut our boy some slack.  He is distracted by the luuurve bug. He still has not solved how to get the yes to his proposal, hehe

I remember at work when my group has a critical deadline. I always tell my staff - "postpone all love life till we get that damn deadline!" And everyone would laugh. I make sure that I make up to them for their "sacrifice". I could be this little tyrant when it comes to work but that's why my staff love me. Fun times.

@mychoiyoung HAHAHAHAHA !!!! True but still, I'm no mathematical or physics whiz and even I could solve what was going on. I mean if my world and my bf who I loved with all of my heart was in danger, I would move a little faster than LG does (I mean you can't bang if the other person is dead) haha!! HAHA thats the best kind of tyrant though!! You just motivate them with a reward!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Does the palace even have any more valuable goods?  Has Lady Noh not noticed that LG is robbing the place blind?

Probably why he told OkNam to look for the thief! He was distracting her and all the while he is the one actually doing the robbing.  Boy is nifty. Aigoooooo

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

And I added that : I think everyone misunderstand , everyone say low rating and fans even believed this, The King rating isn't low just Everyone waited higher .Hospital Playlist was just high and it is ended 13% last week , there isn't currently other drama than higher King .Others lower than King .(Good Casting almost same with King 7%-8%) There are currently so many drama rating 2%-3% .

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

Hmmm you’re probably right.  Him going back to see bb JTE is to a further point in time before these events started.  So any memories she had before the night of treason would be unaltered. 

I’m still curious about the flowers of doom/police officer scene, although that could be a flash forward then?  @SweetButters, didn’t you say that it looked like JTE was promoted so it could be a future scene?

I agree here..... Btw! A promoted JTE is a much needed addition 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

But today, I like him with someone else too much. 

Do I have to say who? I’m sure everyone knows how I feel by now lol.

LMHxKGE have great chemistry and enough for them to get a room

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Was JTE promoted in the new timeline did you catch that from the teasers

this information was a speculation we had of a spoiler released a while back, before episode 13 aired. 

@Geolyvseven oh my..I haven’t seen it from that angle too..:w00t:

@mychoiyoung I honestly thought i was reading @SweetButters post on the cylinder when I was actually reading yours lol. Then I realized it was worded differently then went to look at the name again haha (my mistake because my phone kept refreshing the page automatically and I would lose my spot lol) but you two are:

tenor.gif

with your tipler cylinder tie-in to the flute and its access to space and axis (see, I probably didn’t even use it correctly lol) I learn new things here every time :D

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

You know if he could only reach the level of fluency in english enough to work internationally, he could really have a larger stage. I remember this one interview when he said he had a lot of Hollywood offers but he was not yet confident to accept them.  

oh yes. I did hear about this interview too but wasn’t sure if it was entirely true or not. There were times i wonder if he would actually do Hollywood movies because i have seen a few other actors do it. If he ever did a movie internationally, i would definitely support him! :wub:

@Time loop did you catch up yet? This thread moves very fast. I am backtracking 6 pages and by the time I get to my 6th page, I already have two or more added :joy: (that’s why i open 2 tabs. One to read and one to reply although it doesn’t always work haha).

@Thong Thin oh yes...this thread moves very fast. But you can drink while catching up. I usually do that ;) :P

• LOL 8

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Time loop did you catch up yet? This thread moves very fast. I am backtracking 6 pages and by the time I get to my 6th page, I already have two or more added :joy: (that’s why i open 2 tabs. One to read and one to reply although it doesn’t always work haha).

I didn't catch up yet. Few pages left before I have caught up but I am multi tasking replying and backtracking within the same tab no double tabs but since you mentioned it that would be much easier.. I gotta open a new tab now 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

There is still so much to catch up on huhuuu but here are some of my thoughts so far. Pardon me if these have already been mentioned :tears:

On 5/31/2020 at 1:44 AM, madmad min said:

LG doesn't have one TALISMANIC watch yet or something that we Know of as a Time turner ala harry potter.

I remember in episode 2 LG talked about his watch (the one that he didn't want Ta Eul to put on an uncovered surface) and he said it is the most accurate clock in the world (or sumth like that). Could this play a role?

On 5/31/2020 at 2:48 AM, Dramafreak said:

I think there is a second shooter, check the preview video of episode 14...

I am not good with screenshots but episode 1:

Someone shoots at the ceiling, traitors look upwards, then One shooter tall shoots, takes refuge behind a body and shoots more then jumps through the glass and hides behind the wall. next comes someone who shoots and there is a side profile of the person (who to me looks like someone with a woman's upperbody) and then i see this person who checks the child's pulse. The last person shooting actually is able to get no one with his shots.

The SJ-as-the-second-savior theory actually makes sense to me (and I hope it really is the case), but if that is the case, then what is the ultimate role of JY?

As much as I am sold with the multiple-savior thing, why do I feel like that's not what they're going for huhu. I feel like it's really just gonna be one-LG-one-savior. I hope not, but I really feel it. 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:18 AM, Heretorant said:

I overlooked the part where he was confident he’d win the doll with 7 bullets. Yes, I do believe he was confident because he IS a good shooter. He was sold the game was rigged because he knew himself, he is a good shooter.

This makes total sense too! This has been my worry as well since the reveal. But if this is really the case, sooooo no multiple-saviors? THEN WHAT IS THE ROLE OF SJ AND JY PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS

On 5/31/2020 at 3:44 AM, Kdramatic said:

A few people mentioned the coin ES flicked in the in between was kind of random. I was thinking it may just be a symbolism of LG and JTE? They are each sides of the coin, part of the same “universe” but on sides that should never meet or be aware of each other.

I think it's just a random test for LG? In ep 13 he said "I'm sure about one thing though. I tossed a coin the air, and it floated. Your seeds (imaginary flowers) sank in there. I think living things sink."

On 5/31/2020 at 9:12 AM, balletgoddess said:

Wait, is KSJ's counterpart still alive in a coma the hospital/care center? In the locked room?

So I know this is really a possibility but if KSJ's counterpart is alive.. so what? Huhu I'm still so confused about how SJ will be of contribution to this story ASGSGSGSGSGSGFGSGDFS

21 hours ago, Jaja said:

Is it just me or Lee Rim's doppelganger plan really flopped? all those doppelgangers keep getting themselves caught and I'm here like here we go another one bites the dust

Same thought, but my feelings are more in the lines of 'soooo we spent all of these episodes with the doppelgangers and stuff for nothing?' It just, failed miserably like that? I hope this will be cleaned nicely in the last three episodes huhuuu. I am with @Heretorant here: I love the series, I just want it to be perfect so that it can go down as one of KES's best works.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:28 AM, AgentQuake said:

North Korean 2nd in command just witnessed the King behead a traitor and shoot up dozens in a bookstore.  He mowed down dozens of people by hand on horseback with a sword, to save JTE.  He’s launching a massive investigation on the warehouse where JTE was hidden.  Earlier that day, they caught and interrogated another assassin, and they’re investigating the Prime Minister.  Right now is NOT a good time to even side glance at the King, let alone get him mad.  And this was all in the last what, week?

Okay so I've been meaning to say this in this thread for a long time now but am I the only one crushing on the sub-captain. He is the epitome of being responsible and dedicated and I. am. sold. :wub:

21 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Also I think PM just killed her doppelgänger cus she’s gone entire batshirt crazy, and because she can.

I think I've read somewhere in the last few posts that PM might have killed her other self because if she would not, LL will ordere Koo Eun A to kill and replace her instead. So it's her or Koo Eun A. I've been confused about this but this explanation helped (for me).

On 5/31/2020 at 4:32 AM, scrawford said:

I can handle complicated stories, non linear story telling  and if any of you (someone mentioned it here before) had watch Memento by Christopher Nolan, you would get kinda confuse more than half the movie and then BAM! mind blown, cause it was done well. So, i don't mind complex story telling. But with this episode, why do i have a feeling KES is scrambling to wrap this up? i hope I'm wrong and this the episode where they rushed things, so they can take their time to finish this drama strong. I feel like i get dumped with so much and left with more questions than answers, and we are already on episode 13. Please prove me wrong KES. 

I am getting more and more worried about this too :tears:

~~ I'm planning to rewatch from episode 1 this week to list down all my unanswered questions from the beginning, to make sure I don't miss anything before the series ends. I will share my list if it's worth sharing :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Back in the saltmines w/ TE in ep 12, LG assumed that LR already knows where he hid his other half of the flute. Given that, LG may no longer be using the whip as cover-up. Esp since, he has not been traveling with Maximus.

But he was carrying it in this episode :mellow:

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Geolyvseven oh my..I haven’t seen it from that angle too..:w00t:

I was surprised running into that one. The kiss appeared on the other side of the neck. I would guess that is from BTS while I admit I didn't see all of the BTS but saw some of it but didn't catch that one :joy: Or maybe it's from the uncut version

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, lindas55 said:

The flute called to the King as a child just as it has to his father and his father’s father. LL was never destined to have and control the flute. When LL killed his brother and tried to steal the flute he went against destiny thus disrupting the balance of the two worlds. The sword, which is the ultimate defender of fate, was never LL’s to possess. Because he was probably never trained in the use of the sword, LL didn’t even think to take it and this may be his downfall. The king from boyhood knows about the sword and it’s use. He also is beginning to understand the power of the flute. So, LL tried to change his fate by taking the flute and the King has decided to accept his destiny by restoring the balance. Each change that goes against what is destined to happen weakens both worlds. So Fate must step in to restore balance 

Hi @lindas55.  Good post.  I have said as much in previous postings.  The sword indeed will be crucial in LG defeating LR.  That the sword is bestowed to the rightful king - LG in this story - is what escapes LR cos to him he was robbed of that destiny. That LR didn't even bother with the sword (or the ring) will certainly be his undoing. 

• Like 10

Most Popular Dramas & Actors On Kpopmap – 4th Week Of May

most-popular-actor-drama-4th-week-of-may

Are you curious to know what K-Dramas and actors Kpopmap readers are interested in?

Kpopmap has come out with our very own weekly ranking based on our view counts over a period of one week. Based on the 4th week of May data, here are the top 10 most popular dramas and actors on Kpopmap.

Let’s take a look below!

kpopmap-ranking-4th-week-of-may-dramas.j

kpopmap-ranking-4th-week-of-may-actors.j

https://www.kpopmap.com/most-popular-dramas-actors-on-kpopmap-4th-week-of-may/

10 Most Searched Dramas In Korea (Based On May 31 Data)

most-searched-cover-pic-20200531-680x384

Which dramas do you think Koreans are searching the most for? Which current drama catches the curiosity of Koreans?

Naver has a ranking of the most searched dramas in Korea with a daily ranking. Being searched online does not mean that these dramas are the most watched, but it is the most issued dramas of the day. It is also interesting to see the changing trends with dramas going up and down from the searching list (changing every day).

This list is based on the data of May 31 daily searched dramas.

1- “The King: Eternal Monarch"

2- “Once Again”

3- “Hospital Playlist"

4- "When My Love Blooms"

5- "Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation"

6- "Kingmaker: The Change of Destiny"

7- "Kkondae Intern"

8- "Mystic Pop-Up Bar"

9- “The World of the Married”

10- "Extracurricular"

Spoiler

most_searched_kdramas_of_the_day_naver_s

This week "The King: Eternal Monarch" topped the ranking...

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-may-31-data/

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 6