[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

Still halfway through the raw finale... Don't feel like continuing anymore until sub is out... I cried when WS hanged himself :bawling: I feel like he really is the most pitiful of all the characters in this drama. I just knew he would do something foolish when he asked the police to wait for him outside. But of course, being a director he is, he has to make his exit dramatic.

@bebebisous33 WS stabbed AJR out of misunderstanding and uncontrolled emotions. He has gone there to beg her to divorce with his father so his mother could be happy. Earlier he witnessed his mother crying because the father is indifferent to her and she felt that as long as AJR is still around, she could never be happy. As he approached her to comfort her, she called him a failure. Then when he was at AJR's house, AJR refused his request, even slapping him for suggesting something. They had their back turned from each other as AJR walked back to her painting, which  she accidentally ruined. She got startled when he pressed the door bell, because Ha just left her house. AJR called the painting a failure, but WS thought she is calling him that, and he was dazed and next thing was he stabbed her. He was shocked to see what he did, and probably ran away from the scene (not shown) because next is the arrival of Mo, who called Han.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Is WS really the killer? If so, why?

Since I didnt understand the dialogue, I couldnt tell for sure. But he was trying to beg AJR for something. IDK, maybe for his mom's sake? AJR was so mad. He probably got triggered. 

Well Ms. Cray Cray Han is truly above the law... I think prison is just a vacation house for her ,and lastly I still cant believe how loyal her minions are to her,  maybe they are all psychopath,  as they said birds with same feather flock together.. 

RIP WS...I had sincerely hoped u weren’t the killer but undeniably suspected since you were the lead obvious suspect. I was really hoping for some grand turn around, that all the money you borrowed would suddenly turn up like you had saved it and show up at the board meeting like you’re already a major shadow shareholder or something. I was waiting for his moment to shine, really. And as SH sobbed finding out her birth secret (I did too), the last thing she entered wa to lose the las family member close to her so this is a very sad ending indeed. Did the dad ever show up in the raw after being in the hospital? So was the last episode the last we saw of the SIL? Who ended up being the CEO of MC group? 

Also did wench ever explain WHY she favored WJ so much over WS? (I mean lady nothing justifies favoritism but how can from such an. Young age you already prefer that one kid be kidnapped than the other?)

Wow after all the lies and corruption, Ms ha’s team still stuck by her instead of staying at top and shifting alliances. Really ? 

9 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Did the dad ever show up in the raw after being in the hospital? So was the last episode the last we saw of the SIL? Who ended up being the CEO of MC group? 

Also did wench ever explain WHY she favored WJ so much over WS?

These are questions that I also want to know the answer.

I am so VERY annoyed that Han has gotten away with what she did.

That nasty old shark escapes again.

giphy.gif

I never saw Han’s team as different to her. I remember early on, I believe it was @nubianlegalmind who talked about them getting punished and I wholeheartedly agreed. Their attitude of enjoying the destruction of lives to cover the Mo family’s bad behavior said a lot. Their eyes were wide open and committing crimes right along with her. 

Well, it certainly doesn’t sound like they experienced any real consequences. I was in this drama to see them get their comeuppance and that seemed to have failed spectacularly. Only WS, and the other victims of TOP’s plots seem to be the losers here. 

So I finished the raw after all, with some fast forwarding. It's past mid-night after all, should be in bed, but don't know if I can actually sleep or not with the way drama ended. I have to reserve comments until I watched with subs.

If I heard correctly, Han got a 4-year sentence... and when she is out (in the epilogue), her minions are there waiting for her, like ready for their next project...? It seems like they make it to be an open ending for the TOP team, but seriously, I wouldn't want to watch a sequel featuring them at work again <_< Who would?

I feel unsatisfied but I will reserve judgment until I watch with subs.  This seems like it will be another case of KDramas letting viewers down in the end, though.  

By the way, what happened to our leads in the end (besides the "wholesome" kiss)?

I had a feeling WS was the killer but I genuinely loved and rooted for him cause he was misunderstood and his family circumstance shaped him to be this damaged man. However I never expected all this...

Why does this win feel like such a loss :bawling:

Yea, Han paid for her sins through prison time, but why do I feel unsatisfied? Her team got away, they were her accomplices. I get they wanted to maybe add feelers for season 2, but still....ugh!  I do not expect everyone to be apologetic to each other but what frustrated me this whole time is the fact that I've never seen Han look defeated. And even to the very last minute, she still didn't seem remorseful!  Add to the fact that her team is still intact and still loyal as ever. 

16 minutes ago, thistle said:

I haven't seen any Tofu pictures yet.  <_<

Wait so should i change my picture to tofu like the one you eat or is there something in this drama that is related to tofu??

because i really cant remember anything tofu related in the drama..:fearful:

why does it feel like we all lost the bet? :sweatingbullets: if at least ms han got kicked and beaten, there would be some satisfaction. instead, a character many of us liked ended up being the culprit and killed himself and worse, the obnoxious puppet master ms han gets to roam free? and her team of bad people are waiting for her like they love her? :crazy: did PD think we liked ms han and wanted her to get off? :unsure:

anyways, congrats to the winners who guessed right: option 2: wan soo -- the director who slays with flowers -- @Bejaffled @mylovekge @philosophie @celebrianna @joccu @soesje @Cassandra E. Bett @rocher22 @DreamCatcher2011 @Ameera Ali

the winners get to show off tofu or the tofu kiss (we joked that instead of tofu, he got to kiss seok hee when he came out of prosecution office). rest of us will have picasso!

maybe we just fry some fish tomorrow for lunch and we will feel better? here's some crispy fish to lift the mood.

crispy-fish-lemon-dill-sauce-ck-x.jpg?it

bet name: "what happened that afternoon?" -- guess the killer:

option 1: wan joon - bathtub soaker with a heart of stone -- @tulip06 @Lmangla @ktcjdrama 

option 3: ms han - scavenger eagle who plans bad events over coffee - @ii panda @camichi @nubianlegalmind @bebebisous33 

option 4: second wife - the singer who thinks music sounds better on ice and pain @Lmangla @ii panda @rocher22 @Ameera Ali 

option 5: papa mo - the bear who wants it all but always disappointed... @curly4hiro @camichi

option 6: someone outside the family / she accidentally killed herself  -- @serendipity... @Elfvanvan13 @nubianlegalmind

option 7: murder in orient express -- the four Mo's and Ms han. -- @thistle @10192123sangre

20 minutes ago, soesje said:

or is there something in this drama that is related to tofu??

Apparently it's a Korean custom to eat tofu upon being released from prison.  It's supposed to be purifying.

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

maybe we just fry some fish tomorrow for lunch and we will feel better?

Lifetime vegetarian here.  No fried fish for me.

But I could sure eat some tofu!  :D

Archived