[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

11 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Who is Milk Witch?

The Milk Witch is the loan shark that SH and YD visited when SH was trying to get a loan to help her gain control of MC Group.   We only saw her once and that was (if I recall properly) in episode 4.

The Milk Witch knew SH's grandfather (now we know he is really her father).  MW said that he was a good person and that SH was just like him.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thistle said:

The Milk Witch is the loan shark that SH and YD visited when SH was trying to get a loan to help her gain control of MC Group.   We only saw her once and that was (if I recall properly) in episode 4.

The Milk Witch knew SH's grandfather (now we know he is really her father).  MW said that he was a good person and that SH was just like him.

I was disappointed she never showed up again.

20 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I was disappointed she never showed up again.

Me, too.  The Milk Witch seemed so interesting and so powerful that I couldn't understand why she would appear in just one episode and then be forgotten.  Didn't make sense to me.  But she is in the preview for the finale, so I'm curious what she has been up to and if she will do something good for SH.

.....editing because I found something interesting in looking up the actress who plays The Milk Witch:

Moon Sook Returned To Acting Because Of Han Hyo Joo

I really remember noticing Moon Sook in that movie because she had such strong presence.  Amazing that she had retired from acting for 38 years!  

The thing i hate the most in a Drama is when the writer let everything to be solved in the last episode and in a hurry. I hope we could have an extra episode. 

I have watched ep 15 row....it will be nice if we get the sub soon cause i am getting crazy :crazy:

10 minutes ago, camichi said:

The thing i hate the most in a Drama is when the writer let everything to be solved in the last episode and in a hurry. I hope we could have an extra episode. 

I have watched ep 15 row....it will be nice if we get the sub soon cause i am getting crazy :crazy:

I don't think we will be hurried because the final episode has apparently been expanded to two hours.  :)   And I'm getting crazy waiting all day for subs, too.

.....editing to say that subs have just been posted on the not-legal sites!   :D

Another awesome episode! Especially towards the end.

I cried when SH just found out Grandpa is actually her bio-dad, when she was thinking about all those times they spent together. And then I was fist-pumping and grinning when she announced at the dining table that she is actually Grandpa's daughter.

Some important details in spoiler, not in order

Spoiler

Firstly, the one thing we want to find out so much... AJR is not SH's bio-mom. Her bio-mom already passed away. Jung handed baby SH to AJR to take care and they both agreed to keep it a secret from Chairman Mo. It so happened that he frequently was not around due to business, and it seems that they lived separately, but AJR already calculated the time and would go with SH being born a month later than her actual birth date.

In present time, Jung was "quarantined" by TOP with bodyguards, but Han purposely let her out so she could tell SH about her parentage. But then Han already took away the only evidence proving SH is Grandpa's daughter, and instructed her minion to clear away anything in the house belonging to Grandpa Mo to remove any traces for further DNA test.

SH went to talk to Han, great jabbing here between them about valuing facts. SH then went home to announce her real status in the family. She mentioned they need to reorganize the addressing titles. She added one great thing about human is their adaptation skill, and that all of them should be able to adapt easily. She also announced that she will bring back Third Wife and son so they can have happy family home sweet home. If Second Wife doesn't like her arrangement, how about she be the one to move out? LOL, that's when she screamed high-pitched... WJ who protested strongly for her to stop got reminded by SH that he has the greatest brain, so adapt quickly. Only WS was amused by the whole thing, and very quickly address her as Aunt SH, lol, saying that he has been meaning to make a movie about their family. He wondered what will happen the next day since it seems there are always stunning news every day. SH replied with how about a finale of someone being on trial in court?

Then the three of them had meeting with Han, who confirmed the fact, but not to worry, they can continue with installing WJ as the new CEO because just using Jung's testimony will not be enough to prove that SH has more rights to the company. She assured them she has gotten rid of the DNA test, so SH being Grandpa's daughter will just be a supposition. Second Wife smiled and WJ smirked. Only WS exchanging dagger looks with Han... LOL... After Han left, Second Wife proudly announced that MC group belongs to her son after all. WS asked her, am I not your son? And her answer just left him hurt again. (As the episode opening, we see the back story of WS, why he live his life the way it is now... WJ was kidnapped as a child, and the mother wailed why is it not WS who got kidnapped instead of WJ, and that was overheard by WS)

Later on, WS talked to YD about getting back SH's shares. Then he went to talk to Han and asking for his 30% again. At the end, Han said that she would never back him up to be the leader of MC group, even though she can help him to cover up a murder committed by him. Her last words before the episode ends was "Wasn't AJR killed by you?" WS just replied "What?" ~ I personally think that this is just something that Han will make it like so if WS keeps pestering her and causing problems. In the preview, someone said that the only person without motive to kill is WS. Then WS and SH were in her room, and SH said that she wished he is not the person who killed her mother.

Other preview: Our team found irrefutable evidence to proceed with their case now. The Loan Shark Lady was brought by SH to attend meeting for WJ's installation, and she greeted Han, so you're HJK. Han then went missing. We see her saying goodbye to her minions that her era as TOP leader is finished and then we see her at a rooftop.... please, no jumping, Han.

If Ms. Han commits suicide I will be soooo mad. She needs to spend the REST of her life in jail. As for WS I am so disappointed. I had a sneaking suspicion that he killed AJR but I was hoping I was wrong. I saw earlier someone said he did it for his mom but did he really think that would make her love him more? I just...wow. If it really is him and SH finds out she is going to be so crushed. Also, I think what's going to happen is the milk lady is going to be able to prove that SH is really her grandpa's daughter and something about shares (did they basically sell the shares to her in the beginning? I am not sure correct me if I am wrong).  Wow, all of this is so tragic. Wow, I really feel for her. Her mom isn't her mom and her dad actually loved her but he died. Her brother pretended to be her dad because I'm assuming pride and also probably hating her because she's the reason his mom killed herself, and her brother nephew killed her mom not mom. Wow wow wow.  

I knew it, I knew it, it is not incest. So gross, just too gross. 

My prediction is that Ha caused AJR's death. WS knew she did it when Han asked him if he killed AJR. We will be dangled with suspicions that WS did it, only to find out it was his mother in the last episode.

We must not forget she was a nurse, so probably used that to her advantage.  The actress is really not attractive. How could the son of the manor mess around with a nurse, looks like her, not just having one kid but two? 

I want to see the latest judge corrupted by Han to be caught too. Wonder how they are going to arrest the TOP employees. Maybe they will escape too with Han?

2 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

Also, I think what's going to happen is the milk lady is going to be able to prove that SH is really her grandpa's daughter

SH is out of family at this point, at least any family that actually cares about her.  So that makes me wonder if there is another little plot twist coming:  what if the Milk Witch is the mom of SH's birth mother?  Would be perfect if she was SH's grandma.  :)

.....edit:  Was chuffed to see that I was right in what I guessed about the necklace that SH gave to her ex-sis-in-law.  It was a computer file.  :D 

9 hours ago, thistle said:

Me, too.  The Milk Witch seemed so interesting and so powerful that I couldn't understand why she would appear in just one episode and then be forgotten.  Didn't make sense to me.  But she is in the preview for the finale, so I'm curious what she has been up to and if she will do something good for SH.

.....editing because I found something interesting in looking up the actress who plays The Milk Witch:

Moon Sook Returned To Acting Because Of Han Hyo Joo

I really remember noticing Moon Sook in that movie because she had such strong presence.  Amazing that she had retired from acting for 38 years!  

the clause on the borrowed money agreement between Suk Hee and the milk witch.... wasn't it said that she can take majority shares anytime... will that turn the table for Han and favor Suk Hee, because its obvious that the lady adore Suk Hee.

ep 15 thoughts -- okay it was really fun to see yeon do and ms han duel. she calls him just to gloat over him and say some rubbish lecture but he claps back at every turn. he basically squashed her arguments. even when she said that she doesn't support seok hee because she would be a bad leader, yeon do retorts that ms han can't control seok hee and that is the actual problem. hahahahahha!... yeon do digs his feels and tells her that he will continue to chip away little by little.

prosecutor son has joined hands with seok hee and yeon do. he wants ms han put away. so it looks like he will play big role in ep 16. while the end of episode has ms han accusing wan soo of being the killer, I don't buy it. this is the same woman who makes fake charges against people. plus, I would love to see ms han being proven wrong where she doesn't know everything. really felt bad for wan soo with the intro scenes. second wife is such a bad mom that she wishes wan soo be kidnapped rather than wan joo. ugh. his whole life, he has lived wanting some affection, approval and notice. based on the preview, seok hee says that she hopes wan soo isn't the killer because he is the only one who feels like family. for both of their sake, it would be good if that were the case.

@thistle ~ am also thinking that the milk witch might turn out to be seok hee's grandmother. like @Yippeun_eonnie said, the milk witch made an agreement regarding the shares and that was prior to seok hee signing away her rights. so the milk witch might be legally able to squash that because the agreement was before to giving away of the shares. @Sirry Usly ~ I don't think ms han will just die. it would be too much cheating for the audience. we need to see her suffer in jail and take the punishment. so far, the drama has been all about balancing the rights and wrong and how nothing can stay buried. fingers crossed.

so right now, we have 3 suspects -- wan soo, wan joon, second wife. can just imagine second wife killing seok hee's mom because she didn't want wan joon's secret coming out... wan soo might know or suspect his mom is involved and kept quiet out of loyalty...

After watching today's subbed episode, there was a sense of relief knowing it wasn't an affair between her grandfather and AJR. lmao

In the cliffhanger ending of the episode, Ms. Han was quite sure about WS being the killer. She didn't ask, it was a statement. But why do I have this feeling all of a sudden it isn't him? It seems she wanted to pin the crime on to him and the writer is trying to mislead us. I feel there's a huge twist coming. 

I wanted to hold off watching the finale until the subs are out but we'll see if I can hold myself enough :sweat_smile:

OMG!! I finally get to post in my favorite show forum for this season. I think it is similar to Agatha Christi Orient Express murder case. I think Han was black mailing him, that she will make it look like he was the sole killer. He could have been along with his lousy family. I had a hunch the daughter in law was in,  and more than willing to adopt SH.  

Two hours from now and we get a rewarding finale. I hope the writers will not disappoint. So far they have not.  If they give me a satisfying ending, I will follow them.

And one more thing, Han better not commit suicide. 

7 hours ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

the clause on the borrowed money agreement between Suk Hee and the milk witch.... wasn't it said that she can take majority shares anytime... will that turn the table for Han and favor Suk Hee, because its obvious that the lady adore Suk Hee.

If I recall properly, the Milk Witch said that she wanted the right to sell 50% of the shares at a time of her choosing.  I agree that she will use this ploy to help SH and to take down Han.  

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am also thinking that the milk witch might turn out to be seok hee's grandmother.

This drama has been so good thus far but I think that they should have given us a little more back-story here and about how SH was adopted by her mom.  It all came up rather late.

2 hours ago, mylovekge said:

But why do I have this feeling all of a sudden it isn't him? It seems she wanted to pin the crime on to him and the writer is trying to mislead us. I feel there's a huge twist coming. 

I am becoming more convinced that the killer is both Second Wife and Second Son.....so I'm gonna lose my bet on who the killer is.  I'm prepared for my picture of Picasso!

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

but  if she killed herself I would be disappointed :rage:

I will flip tables if she jumps!  She needs to get punished.  However, can you imagine how dangerous she will still be in prison?  As long as she is alive, she is gonna be twisting the rules anywhere she goes.  I hope the writer will give us a a proper ending for her.

12 hours ago, camichi said:

Exactly why I decided to wait for both episodes to be subbed.

Archived