[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I am so so happy with the ratings. Congrats CLoY team! What should I do while waiting for 1 Feb? Ahh yes, repeating episode 1 until 10!! :love:

19 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

I know the show can’t please everyone but episode 10 was still a fantastic way to excite viewers of what’s to come after the two-week break. 

I would still have preferred if they delayed the reunion but Seri’s line about going through everything all over again just to be with JH hit me to the core that I no longer mind not seeing them pine much for each other apart from SR and JH not sleeping and going to Mt Bukhan and the old house respectively to have a glimpse of the other Korea where their lover resides.

Also, I’m sure (or rather hope) episode 11 will show us how JH ended up in SK (did he inform his dad before leaving or did Director Ri just find out? Did JH enter via China or via DMZ? Is it an official trip ala The Confidential Assignment?) and what happened to SR after being found by the SK Military, the same way episode 10 showed us how SJ helped SR and JH get to the DMZ. 

Plus, I get it why the ducklings and MB had to be in SK asap for the epilogue. It is the writer teasing us of the riot that’s about to come. Pyu Chi Soo vs SR SK edition is what I’m living for. Of course, JH as bodyguard who will keep SR’s family in check and of course make sure CK doesn’t succeed in his evil plans. 

I’m sure after MB’s mission, SR will send tons of beauty products to the NK ajummas. She shouldn’t forget her mother-in-law as well as she is their biggest shipper after all. 

sigh... How am I going to survive the next two weeks? I have watched episode 10 3x already. Lol

I would understand if some would not satisfied with episode 10 last night, as CLoY team could not fullfill everyone's need, but I believe most CLoY audiences are satisfied. Last night's episode was needed as a background story in my opinion, as to progress to the "new life" in South Korea starting episode 11 later on 1 Feb. To me, it's a necessary episode (10), but yeah, let's agree to disagree with those whom quite disappointed with episode 10. 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

:blink: is this an intl or Korean forum? I wouldn’t go so far to say it was the beginning of the downfall, but I am very happily surprised with the ratings skyrocketing— I’m wondering if it’s a combination of some other show ending and freeing up the slot  + the compelling writing + the interest with North Korea + KSH’s cameo.

I’m postulating those viewers felt the segue back to Seoul was going to be the bane of CLOY because “the premise of NK” was the only thing that kept them interested. Either that or the even more fantastical plot of all these NK soldiers making it down to SK was too far a stretch of their imagination.

That aside the break is going to be slightly nerve wracking for the cast and crew. Has any show had so many disruptions in air time? I do remember there was a few weeks break (maybe for Swiss and Mongolian location shoots to wrap up?) between this premiering and the previous show, so I believe that the Seollal break was at least accounted for, but not the previous break. 

Judging from the ratings last night though, the return back to Seoul (and killing the story sentiments) seem a little unwarranted.

PS if the actor who plays Manbok can so very kindly introduce me to his facial therapist, I would be very appreciative. :lol:

• Like 7

@hibiscus23 and @Ameera Ali, my 1-Day break from Soompi costs me a 20-page of CLOY's thread to back-read, Waaaahhh :scream: I'm not afraid of spoilers now since I'm done watching Ep. 9, currently in the middle of Ep. 10. Some of our comrades here mentioned about the ratings, so I went to check it with utmost urgency and Whooooooooaah, what can I say? Congratulations to the whole casts of CLOY!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Happy with the direction the story has gone in but not happy how hard it was to get over to SK for 9 eps and then everyone all of a sudden doing it in episode 10

Also that ratings jump is pretty mad, wonder if can beat Mr Sunshine

The only thing this show is really missing for me is a great OST. The Baek Yerin one is really good but still not something I'd put on repeat.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, camichi said:

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him

Nah, it was two weeks ago. Remember the ahjummas said that SR has been gone for 2 weeks. 

My wild guess: JH did something intentionally to be in jail. With his status, his father released him and kept him at ‘home’. Subsequently, he arranged the departure of JH’s subordinates to SK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can understand why there are people disappointed with this episode.

For one, this episode was a connecting piece. It seems like the sole purpose was to get RJH and the ducklings to SK, and set up the family battle, so that they can continue the second half of the story. In spite of the build up around the watch, having Man Bok suddenly go and confess, and a trial that took 4 minutes, seemed rushed and was a let-down. It was a little too efficient, like the writer just needed to set things up for the next half.

Other scenes were just filler: eg, the scenes showing YSR's escape with help from GSJ, scene where villages ladies find out the truth. There is a real risk that it descends into a "Coming to America" comedy, with too much emphasis on the Duckling adjusting to South Korea.

And some parts of the story have got a bit forced, though it can be rationalized:

1. RJH, after his years of discipline and knowing that he cannot even take one step into SK, to impulsively defect, because he wants to save YSR? I know we can explain it by this passion, lovesickness, promise to protect her etc etc, and that even if he reports CCK, there is no incentive for them to go get him. I would have rather the writer found a legitimate reason to send RJH to SK. Making him do something like this seemed rather out of character.

2. The reason to make it rogue action is to get the Ducklings to South Korea. Because seriously, if you had a send a secret agent to get a defector back from South Korea, would you send these five? It is only because the drama needed these five to keep up the entertainment value, and it is rationalized because RJH's father wanted to keep it a secret, so he sent RJH's most trusted friend. But even so, do you need to send four soldiers as clueless as these four (one who is still under-age and has been in the military for five months, an old one who drinks on the job, plus a clerk whose sole job has been to eavesdrop on conversations and take notes? Sending just 1-2 would be enough - just send Kwang Beom and one other.

Edited by Phoenix Klaw
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, attriste said:

:blink: is this an intl or Korean forum? I wouldn’t go so far to say it was the beginning of the downfall, but I am very happily surprised with the ratings skyrocketing— I’m wondering if it’s a combination of some other show ending and freeing up the slot  + the compelling writing + the interest with North Korea + KSH’s cameo.

I’m postulating those viewers felt the segue back to Seoul was going to be the bane of CLOY because “the premise of NK” was the only thing that kept them interested. Either that or the even more fantastical plot of all these NK soldiers making it down to SK was too far a stretch of their imagination.

That aside the break is going to be slightly nerve wracking for the cast and crew. Has any show had so many disruptions in air time? I do remember there was a few weeks break (maybe for Swiss and Mongolian location shoots to wrap up?) between this premiering and the previous show, so I believe that the Seollal break was at least accounted for, but not the previous break. 

Judging from the ratings last night though, the return back to Seoul (and killing the story sentiments) seem a little unwarranted.

PS if the actor who plays Manbok can so very kindly introduce me to his facial therapist, I would be very appreciative. :lol:

Fun fact.

There are only 3 drama airing at Sunday.

Beautiful love wonderful life and Queen selection of war.

No drama ending at sunday.

It is understandable that Sunday rating is higher with fewer competitor and more hype from saturday episode ending.

Actually we can see how high sunday rating can be by just looking at saturday episode rating. 

For example if saturday rating is 14% then sunday will be higher than 15% for sure

For the break between melting me softly and crash landing on you. I think it is intentional. They wait for the right time for airing this drama and see the result is amazing already top 5 all time cable tv rating. 

It is a good thing they dont release cloy right away. A combination of the shooting is still on process and the rating from melting me softly is so freaking bad ( 2% average ). TvN change their gameplan by hyping up this drama with the teaser and such to build up the viewership. Although meet with so many doubt because of the premise we can see how this become a hit after a right amount of hype build before the premiering.

This is a very important achievement for TvN because ever since Hotel del luna ending their rating reach slump period with Arthdal underperforming, melting me softly disappointment, other drama in mon tue and wed thurs doing like 1-3% rating only. It looks like TvN doing very bad and at that time JTBC is going strong with continous stable 4-5% rating on both their timeslot. 

Now with TvN Crash Landing On You, they showed once again who is the leader of cable tv kdrama. This is huge start of the year for TvN and hopefully will start another hot streak for TvN ( next is kim tae hee drama which i believe will got a high rating as well )

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Love the ending of epi 10! JH and SR meet up and the ducklings in South is so funny! 

Every epi of this drama is so good. Make me cry and laughabd always looking forward to the next epi. 

I am now so obsessed with Hyun Bin!  Last epi will be on 16 Feb and i will have serious withdrawal symptoms definitely 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I’m so happy to know about the rating last night. We are spectators so we’re focused on what they show us and although the BTS is there for us to see what’s happening when the film is not rolling, the fact remains that it’s not easy to come up with a beautiful output so I am really happy for everyone in the CLOY team. Their hard work paid off! Such a nice motivation for them to work harder for a better episode. I can’t wait for Feb 1. 

I’ve been running a test to search for Ep 11 preview but to no avail. It’s been more than 12 hrs since Ep 10 was shown on Netflix and the anticipation is killing me. 

ETA: Both HB and SYJ know how to kiss. Their previous dramas are a proof to that and while I understand that the director or writer maybe putting off the full on and proper make out I mean kiss for the coming episodes, I just hope that the act and angle will be better next time. Come on, the director and writer are not some mediocre individuals in their field on top of that they’ve got great lead actors, I hope they maximise what they’ve got for the best. Their kissing scene should be better! It’s 6 episodes before it ends and the kiss is still so so. I’m sorry for the lack of a better term, it’s just that it’s frustrating somehow because they’re not really restricted given that TVN is cable but oh well. 

Besides, HB and SYJ are clearly holding back on their kisses.:grin:

Edited by ScarlettRose
  • Like 11
  • Love 3

40 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

For example if saturday rating is 14% then sunday will be higher than 15% for sure

Thanks for the Sunday airing drama education :D yes usually Sunday ratings increase but this was a 3.1% shoot btw 9 and 10 which is my reason for being happily surprised. Haha. Usually I think the jump is 1ish%.

@Phoenix Klaw entertainment value and fluff aside, can you imagine the work it’s going to take to get all of them back home to SK...? I almost feel some failure or exposure is bound to happen. With Seri already she was exposed to so many parties, what more with 5 hapless North Koreans in Seoul????

ep10 must have been a dream for advertisers though hahahah.. finally we can advertise again!! Ppl galore!

Edited by attriste
Adding comments
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Before this,some said the story is boring because it show the same issue.

SR tried return to SK then failed.

And tried again and failed again.

Now she return to SK and some said they like to watch a story about NK life...

It's hard to please everyone.

As for me,every episode getting better.

And every scene is important.

Seems like there is more secret havent reveal yet.

Will they make it to 20 episode?

19 episode to tell us all the story behind the secret + 1 episode only for RJH + YSR lovey dover hot scene...:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

Baby you can have cushions and masks and mausoleum castles , but without your man to hug  and appreciate , all is  just sleeping pills. 

Happy  New Year and see you in two weeks :blush:  

p.s. These past 10 episodes were excellent and i believe the next 6 will be equally so . He is not a traitor nor defecting , there is a madman who threatened her and Capitan Ri is the only one who knows that , so since its NK prisoner on the loose, he definitely has  double purpose for being in the south.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

51 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I can understand why there are people disappointed with this episode.

For one, this episode was a connecting story. It seems like the sole purpose was to get RJH and the ducklings to SK so that they can continue the second half of the story. In spite of the build up around the watch, having Man Bok suddenly go and confess, and a trial that took 4 minutes, seemed rushed and was a let-down.

Other scenes were just filler: eg, the scenes showing YSR's escape with help from GSJ, scene where villages ladies find out the truth.

There is a real risk that it descends into a "Coming to America" comedy, with too much emphasis on the Duckling adjusting to South Korea.

And some parts of the story have got a bit forced, though it can be rationalized:

1. RJH, after his years of discipline and knowing that he cannot even take one step into SK, to impulsively defect, because he wants to save YSR? I know we can explain it by this passion and lovesickness etc etc, and that even if he reports CCK, there is no incentive for them to go get him. I would have rather the writer find a legitimate reason to send RJH to SK.

2. The reason to make it rogue action is to get the Ducklings to South Korea. Because seriously, if you had a send a secret agent to get a defector back from South Korea, would you send these five? four soldiers as clueless as these four, plus a clerk whose sole job has been to eavesdrop on conversations and take notes? It is only because the drama needed these four, and it is rationalized because RJH's father wanted to keep it a secret, so he sent RJH's most trusted friend. But even so, do you need to send four soldiers as clueless as these four (one who is still under-age and has been in the military for five months, an old one who drinks on the job, plus a clerk whose sole job has been to eavesdrop on conversations and take notes?

Yeah, I watched episode 10 with my hubby yesterday and he was commenting that this "love triumphs all obstacles and common sense" only happens in kdrama fantasyland. So I just asked him to take it as a typical K-Drama modern fairytale or we wouldn't be able to enjoy any K drama ever. 

My take on your points above:

1. Technically, we are still not shown how RJH went to the South, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will be smart enough to do it in such a way where it does not compromise his family, especially considering how he would put his parents lives in serious danger

2. Well, technically the 4 ducklings are sent to pick up JH and convince him to return without much trouble. I doubt sending his most combative/intelligent men would have made it any easier to bring JH back (could be faced with distrust by JH), much less kept it under wraps. I'm guessing the father wanted to approach the situation in a softer manner, eg. Sending JH's most trusted men to convince him to return. I thought the way he sent them down (Military sportsmen) was pretty legitimate too, as in its not too big a bug for me to be concerned. 

These are just my 2 cents with my K-Drama addict filter glasses on :lol:

A few more observations:

1. Possible ending: Like one of you mentioned earlier, it may not end with a unified Korean Peninsula, but maybe a more diplomatic one where travel between north and south is possible? Because this appears to be the hidden message when the news was being broadcasted about the Military Sporting event (main theme being: taking aside differences and coming for 1 common goal) 

2. RJH's facial wounds at the end of episode 10: My guess is he got new wounds during his journey to the South, which was most likely a rough journey

3. Seri's mum: Damage was already done, SeRi is throughly disheartened with her family, including her omma. The scene with her mum was quite sad because you could see the mum being unable to defend herself when SeRi accused her mum of being happy that she is gone

• Like 8
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think we will find out how JH ended up in SKorea and how he managed to find SeRi. Gangnam is no small place. LOL.

Ep 10 did show us how JH got SeRi out from his father's house and enlisted help from his rival.

Yes, I have a suspicion the bruise on his cheek happened while he was getting to SK. Haha, imagine walking around the place looking for 1 person, he could have just gone to her office building and waited (my initial thoughts and this proved correct as evidenced by the baddie posing as a security personnel there) but I suppose he couldn't wait to see her at night, after working hours.

@butterflysaga i felt the same way too. If HB had been paired with someone else, would we have felt the same magic? Look at how many pages we are at on this forum? It's been sometime (at least for me) to see the pages moving so fast and reaching this milestone in just 10 episodes. So, despite the lack of logic and fillers, most of us must be somewhat swept away by the spell they are casting on screen, and rooting for their happiness. 

• Like 6