Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I have been so busy with my placement :weary:!just finished watching the last 3 episodes .Omg what am I going to do when the drama ends.It is one of the best drama ever !in my top 3 for sure.So happy for the ratings!!!!!Hyun bin wish is gonna come through !!!Congrats to the amazing casts especially the beautiful Ye-jin !

• Like 7

7 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Another question before I am going to sleep.

SR’s father is suspicious as well. He went somewhere for a few days. Any conspiracy theory?

Hi,

I think his Dad was taking care of Seri's return from DMZ. He knew that Seri was in NK from Seri's secretary. Perhaps he did something (like contacting SK military about her missing daughter) to make sure Seri return safely.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Yep, I noticed it. The next preview would be 2M :phew:

Lol the episodes keep getting longer and longer,I ain’t complaining tho!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, justamom said:

Well did anyone hear what the #1 NAVER search term last night was?

”Crash Landing Episode 11 preview”

:lol:

Is this preview out yet? I can’t wait to see all of them in Seoul !!!! 
thinking about the promises Seri gave to the ducklings! One of them wanted to meet the famous actress from stairways to heaven right?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@jojoanna said: CCG knows who is Ri's father and he also knows Ri's late brother... I think CCG is the one who murdered Ri's late brother and now he is trying to get rid of Ri and Ri father 

He is. In episode 10, they show that JH's brother MH was about CK arrested for illegal trafficking. CK finds out about it because he had ordered MB to eavesdrop on MH. So, CK orders an "accident" to kill MH.

CK probably grew to dislike the whole family for being too "goody two shoes" about things. JH is also said to be an upstanding, diligent, honest, and proficient officer. More importantly, JH and his father were a thread to CK's ambitions, and so were obstacles that needed to be taken out.

1 hour ago, Elle R said:

Can someone explain to me how ratings work in S Korea? Is, for example, KBS a network channel and tvN a cable channel? So cable would typically have lower ratings? Which numbers are more important? Nationwide? Seoul? I'm surprised the ratings continue to rise  (awesome) even at half way point ... is this a norm for a limited run series like this?

It's the broadcast stations (MBS, KBS, SBS) versus cable stations (tvN, JTBC, etc.). The difference is in whether it's free (broadcast stations) or whether the viewer has to pay for it (cable). So, cable ratings numbers tend to be lower from the start and continue to be lower than for programs on the broadcast networks. Any double digits on cable is considered really fantastic, e.g. > 10%, whereas single digit ratings are more of the norm.

tvN has been having a stellar run of hits in more recent years. A few of their most popular programs:

Reply 1988 - peak rating 18.8 Nationwide, 19.8 Seoul per AG Nielson

Goblin - peak rating 18.680 Nationwide, 20.986 Seoul per AG Nielson

Misaeng - peak rating 8.24 Nationwide, 10.3 Seoul per AG Nielson

Prison Playbook - peak rating 11.195 Nationwide, 12. 299 Seoul per AG Nielson

The ratings on these dramas were considered exceptional. Before the Reply series on tvN, it was thought that cable shows could really only do 2% to 4% in the ratings at best because the general population were resistant to paying for tv, and cable tended not to do that much original drama programming anyway.

As for the nationwide versus Seoul, the population that comprises the nation is going to be different than the population of the Seoul metropolitan area. It really matters for advertising rates in terms of what product you're trying to push and the demographic that you're trying to push it towards in terms of whether you care more about the Nationwide rating or the Seoul rating. Btw, the other major rating service, TNmS, only gives Nationwide ratings rather than splitting Seoul out as a separate reporting group.

Hope this was helpful.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, taekwang said:

Is this preview out yet? I can’t wait to see all of them in Seoul !!!! 
thinking about the promises Seri gave to the ducklings! One of them wanted to meet the famous actress from stairways to heaven right?

This is so me :joy: i hit the search button as soon as eps 10 ended but no prevail and its going to be a long lonely week without CLOY.. Sigh. Mr Director,  i think instead of slow mo and close up, SeRi x RJH should hug each other more. I mean c'mon,  I would jump over to my man if he suddenly appear in front of me...  

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Just saw the ratings and I am floored!

Totally deserved and I am sure it will be higher now that the arc is in SK and the ducklings are there with their parents (Seri and JH).

I was watching it last night live and for me whose Korean is elementary, it was totally worth it!

BUT, the lagging killed the mood so I have to wait for the subbed version.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ayamom said:

Hi,

I think his Dad was taking care of Seri's return from DMZ. He knew that Seri was in NK from Seri's secretary. Perhaps he did something (like contacting SK military about her missing daughter) to make sure Seri return safely.

@INeedAFan, not really a conspiracy theory, but it seems that after SR's father became aware that SR was actually alive, he may have started trying to find his daughter. At the dinner table conversation at SR's father's house, the implication was that SR's father had gone to get SR from the hospital where she checked in to make sure she was okay after she returned to SK.

In a change of topic, having SR back really does change a lot of things for the conglomerate. For one thing, SR was her ather's designated heir. Despite the 2nd brother being confirmed as the new CEO, I also can see that SR might want to take that position, as much because she doesn't think much of her brothers' talents as anything.

Also, the return of SR completely squashed the plans to integrate the SeRi's Choice boutique brand into the Queen's Group, so there is a good chance that it will be difficult for both her second brother and his wife. But since that brother was the one who had wanted SR kept permanently in NK, I think SR should take the CEO-ship. At least until she can find other competent management to take over. I wouldn't have thought that she would want the job permanently unless JH can somehow stay in SK with her.

SR's oldest brother is a bit of a dunce and a hothead, but he doesn't seem to wish any active harm on SR. Just as his wife is greedy and a suck up, but doubtful that she would go as far as ordering a hit on SR. It's SR's second brother and his wife who are the scary ones.

And, one additional thought, I am happy that SJ laid some home truths on SD. If a man is willing to risk everything he has, including his life, for another woman, then he's probably not the man that you should marry. You should probably acknowledge that you're not even in the game with respect to him, and do your best to move on. While they may both having feelings for others, though I have my doubts of whether SJ still continues to hold a flame for SR, they've already started getting closer together. So, I could see SJ and SD deciding to make a go of it. If they do become a couple, I wonder if SD's family is high enough on the hierarchy that she could live outside NK rather than in NK? Or perhaps SJ will decide that he can be comfortable in NK, especially since SD's family is rich.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 7

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2020/01/spoilerscrash-landing-on-you-roundup_18.html

Did anyone notice JH’s bruises? He didn’t have them when he was in NK. 

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, camichi said:

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him. 

during the trial of ccg his bruises were gone; either this is a slight lapse in continuity or he had some scuffles to go through otw to Seoul.

ughhhh so happy about the ratings although I must confess it did me no good to wake up with images of Donggu clicking his heels in glee. Omg.

• Like 4

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

I know the show can’t please everyone but episode 10 was still a fantastic way to excite viewers of what’s to come after the two-week break. 

I would still have preferred if they delayed the reunion but Seri’s line about going through everything all over again just to be with JH hit me to the core that I no longer mind not seeing them pine much for each other apart from SR and JH not sleeping and going to Mt Bukhan and the old house respectively to have a glimpse of the other Korea where their lover resides.

Also, I’m sure (or rather hope) episode 11 will show us how JH ended up in SK (did he inform his dad before leaving or did Director Ri just find out? Did JH enter via China or via DMZ? Is it an official trip ala The Confidential Assignment?) and what happened to SR after being found by the SK Military, the same way episode 10 showed us how SJ helped SR and JH get to the DMZ. 

Plus, I get it why the ducklings and MB had to be in SK asap for the epilogue. It is the writer teasing us of the riot that’s about to come. Pyu Chi Soo vs SR SK edition is what I’m living for. Of course, JH as bodyguard who will keep SR’s family in check and of course make sure CK doesn’t succeed in his evil plans. 

I’m sure after MB’s mission, SR will send tons of beauty products to the NK ajummas. She shouldn’t forget her mother-in-law as well as she is their biggest shipper after all. 

sigh... How am I going to survive the next two weeks? I have watched episode 10 3x already. Lol

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

comrades as always i'm now starting w/epi 10 & hv to take a wee bit brk bc i can't help but teary eyed with this scene when Ri's brod (10 yrs ago) helped this so called Rat officer, for his baby who was sick & oh it's such a touching scene!

this drama is just an eye opener each w/end, i hv to continue & i just wanna share w/you comrades that i'm really feeling this scene! :(:bawling:

see u guys after i fin the drama, maybe i need some more box of kleenex & now i feel lonely for JH now that our princess is back in SK! :(

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I am so so happy with the ratings. Congrats CLoY team! What should I do while waiting for 1 Feb? Ahh yes, repeating episode 1 until 10!! :love:

19 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

I know the show can’t please everyone but episode 10 was still a fantastic way to excite viewers of what’s to come after the two-week break. 

I would still have preferred if they delayed the reunion but Seri’s line about going through everything all over again just to be with JH hit me to the core that I no longer mind not seeing them pine much for each other apart from SR and JH not sleeping and going to Mt Bukhan and the old house respectively to have a glimpse of the other Korea where their lover resides.

Also, I’m sure (or rather hope) episode 11 will show us how JH ended up in SK (did he inform his dad before leaving or did Director Ri just find out? Did JH enter via China or via DMZ? Is it an official trip ala The Confidential Assignment?) and what happened to SR after being found by the SK Military, the same way episode 10 showed us how SJ helped SR and JH get to the DMZ. 

Plus, I get it why the ducklings and MB had to be in SK asap for the epilogue. It is the writer teasing us of the riot that’s about to come. Pyu Chi Soo vs SR SK edition is what I’m living for. Of course, JH as bodyguard who will keep SR’s family in check and of course make sure CK doesn’t succeed in his evil plans. 

I’m sure after MB’s mission, SR will send tons of beauty products to the NK ajummas. She shouldn’t forget her mother-in-law as well as she is their biggest shipper after all. 

sigh... How am I going to survive the next two weeks? I have watched episode 10 3x already. Lol

I would understand if some would not satisfied with episode 10 last night, as CLoY team could not fullfill everyone's need, but I believe most CLoY audiences are satisfied. Last night's episode was needed as a background story in my opinion, as to progress to the "new life" in South Korea starting episode 11 later on 1 Feb. To me, it's a necessary episode (10), but yeah, let's agree to disagree with those whom quite disappointed with episode 10. 

• Like 11

More 12 nights to go for the next ep. will be aired :sweatingbullets: can't believe how i love this kdrama so much.

now, i dont know how to deal with myself hahaha:wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

:blink: is this an intl or Korean forum? I wouldn’t go so far to say it was the beginning of the downfall, but I am very happily surprised with the ratings skyrocketing— I’m wondering if it’s a combination of some other show ending and freeing up the slot  + the compelling writing + the interest with North Korea + KSH’s cameo.

I’m postulating those viewers felt the segue back to Seoul was going to be the bane of CLOY because “the premise of NK” was the only thing that kept them interested. Either that or the even more fantastical plot of all these NK soldiers making it down to SK was too far a stretch of their imagination.

That aside the break is going to be slightly nerve wracking for the cast and crew. Has any show had so many disruptions in air time? I do remember there was a few weeks break (maybe for Swiss and Mongolian location shoots to wrap up?) between this premiering and the previous show, so I believe that the Seollal break was at least accounted for, but not the previous break. 

Judging from the ratings last night though, the return back to Seoul (and killing the story sentiments) seem a little unwarranted.

PS if the actor who plays Manbok can so very kindly introduce me to his facial therapist, I would be very appreciative. :lol:

• Like 7

@hibiscus23 and @Ameera Ali, my 1-Day break from Soompi costs me a 20-page of CLOY's thread to back-read, Waaaahhh :scream: I'm not afraid of spoilers now since I'm done watching Ep. 9, currently in the middle of Ep. 10. Some of our comrades here mentioned about the ratings, so I went to check it with utmost urgency and Whooooooooaah, what can I say? Congratulations to the whole casts of CLOY!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Happy with the direction the story has gone in but not happy how hard it was to get over to SK for 9 eps and then everyone all of a sudden doing it in episode 10

Also that ratings jump is pretty mad, wonder if can beat Mr Sunshine

The only thing this show is really missing for me is a great OST. The Baek Yerin one is really good but still not something I'd put on repeat.

• Like 8