[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

4 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

I can understand why there are people disappointed with this episode.

For one, this episode was a connecting piece. It seems like the sole purpose was to get RJH and the ducklings to SK, and set up the family battle, so that they can continue the second half of the story. In spite of the build up around the watch, having Man Bok suddenly go and confess, and a trial that took 4 minutes, seemed rushed and was a let-down. It was a little too efficient, like the writer just needed to set things up for the next half.

Other scenes were just filler: eg, the scenes showing YSR's escape with help from GSJ, scene where villages ladies find out the truth. There is a real risk that it descends into a "Coming to America" comedy, with too much emphasis on the Duckling adjusting to South Korea.

And some parts of the story have got a bit forced, though it can be rationalized:

1. RJH, after his years of discipline and knowing that he cannot even take one step into SK, to impulsively defect, because he wants to save YSR? I know we can explain it by this passion, lovesickness, promise to protect her etc etc, and that even if he reports CCK, there is no incentive for them to go get him. I would have rather the writer found a legitimate reason to send RJH to SK. Making him do something like this seemed rather out of character.

2. The reason to make it rogue action is to get the Ducklings to South Korea. Because seriously, if you had a send a secret agent to get a defector back from South Korea, would you send these five? It is only because the drama needed these five to keep up the entertainment value, and it is rationalized because RJH's father wanted to keep it a secret, so he sent RJH's most trusted friend. But even so, do you need to send four soldiers as clueless as these four (one who is still under-age and has been in the military for five months, an old one who drinks on the job, plus a clerk whose sole job has been to eavesdrop on conversations and take notes? Sending just 1-2 would be enough - just send Kwang Beom and one other.

>>> you're preaching to the choir, comrade. The way the Rat confessed with RJH and turned in the watch, just like the way RJH and SR found out the piano piece and their fateful encounter in Switzerland, fell short of expectation. I mean we fans were all buzzing about the watch and the piano piece and came up with situations of how these will be mentioned and then boomed, they are both explained in episode 9 and 10. I was wondering, from the conversation in the car, if RJH would ever know that the watch was brought back to him actually by Seri and not the Rat? Though maybe in the future when Seri sees him wearing it, she'll say "this is my Xmas gift to you how did you get it?" Or maybe the writer will skip this little information forever because it seems trivial.

Honestly I was watching with one eye closed because I had to make myself overlook these little details that you mentioned "forced". I know we can't truly enjoy a K drama if we are being too logical but deep in my heart, I wish this is a drama that's based on a very hypothetical situation but still being very logical. I hope hope hope the writer still keeps up with her own wit and creativity. 

One thing I want to point out though: RJH's father sends the guys to "bring RJH home". It is very different from sending the guys to work for or protect RJH. Based on this point I have faith the writer is knowing what she's doing and planning for something bigger, and it will not simply be about the first-time experiences for the ducklings.

3 hours ago, nuttyz said:

Yeah, I watched episode 10 with my hubby yesterday and he was commenting that this "love triumphs all obstacles and common sense" only happens in kdrama fantasyland. So I just asked him to take it as a typical K-Drama modern fairytale or we wouldn't be able to enjoy any K drama ever. 

I managed to make my fiance watch with me the entire drama so far and swoon with me every time HB pouts (and my fiance just rolls his eyes at me). Here's what he points out:

1. That trial court seems too quick and efficient to be true. 2 weeks and somebody already gets a hearing is a miracle. However, he comments "maybe because it was RJH's father who requested that."

2. How can everyone in this drama talk on the phone so freely without being eavesdropped? I mean, there are devices in the rooms but no records of phone conversations? >>> I think he got a point, but let's overlook it because if everything is written perfectly realistically, Seri would not even survive her first day in NK.

3. After watching ep 10, my fiance likes it a lot and thinks it deserves the increased rating. "It keeps getting better and better," he said. >>>>I was surprised to hear his opinion. I'm like, wow, I can see why different viewers have different povs and that's why we have to agree to disagree sometimes. 

I am sincerely, truly happy that the drama got a huge boost in rating because honestly, I was worried that the rating would go down because I didn't find this episode as captivating as episode 9. The plots of SK chaebols fighting over business management and time shift/location shift that ensues hilarity have been used so many times before. Though, even with some doubts, I still have faith in our writer-nim. She never ceases to amaze me with her thoughtful, planned out details and excellent storyline for the last 10 episodes. I cross my fingers that the journey in SK for everyone will be as exciting as the story in NK. 

I am also a loyal fan of HB. I have watched The Snow Queen, Worlds Within, Friends, Hyde Jekyll Me a.k.a some of his less popular works. My favorite Hyun Bin's product is Hyde Jekyll Me. His appearance and acting were the very best despite the failure in ratings. That is to say I really love this drama and the writing and the acting of all actors, and I only wish this drama will soar with the highest ratings. Everyone has been working really hard.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

As expected and confirmed, there will be no new episodes next week.

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000792276

25/01 9pm KST Special episode of CLOY will aired (I'm guessing tvN will release Ep 11 preview here)

26/01 9pm KST Movie 'Extreme Job' will be aired

24,25,26/01 1pm onwards will air re-runs of CLOY from Eps 1-10

Thinking of the 12 more days' wait be like:

1XW5c06.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 21

I've just finished ep 9 and currently in the middle of ep 10 but decided to drop by here. I really like JH's appa. I never thought he would react like that when he saw his son and SR met and stared each other lovingly in front of him :lol: I feel like that part that meant to be serious and tense was an epic failure to be serious :lol: I thought his dad was a typical chaebol dad in k-dramas who was rigid and fierce :joy:

Btw, i think someone said Jun Ji Hyun will make a cameo appearance? Is that true? :o

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

12 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I've just finished ep 9 and currently in the middle of ep 10 but decided to drop by here. I really like JH's appa. I never thought he would react like that when he saw his son and SR met and stared each other lovingly in front of him :lol: I feel like that part that meant to be serious and tense was an epic failure to be serious :lol: I thought his dad was a typical chaebol dad in k-dramas who was rigid and fierce :joy:

Btw, i think someone said Jun Ji Hyun will make a cameo appearance? Is that true? :o

There is no news of jun jihyun will make a cameo. It is more like a wishful thinking for now but who knows it will be realized later. Just like how CJW will make her cameo. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh and I forgot to mention this, but I'm having weird thoughts with the role of the Rat in all this? Does he really have to be included in the team who'll get JH back to the North? I mean, first off he has a family left behind. How can they just send him like that? Seeing how he is badly needed there, there must be a reason right? Second, I get it that he had a big role in the case of JH's brother and JH's dad trusted him with his son, but what kind of help can he contribute given that he isn't a soldier to begin with. That's why I'm having these thoughts that maybe, in the worst case scenario possible, that he would play a big role in protecting either JH or SR. Maybe even at the cost of his life? I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help but think that way. He was an accomplice in killing JH's brother after all, and no matter how much he's regretted it, the guilt is always there. And what better way to atone for his sins and redeem himself of all the guilt than giving away his life to protect Mu Hyeok's brother? That way he'll be able to repay Mu Hyeok. It's a scary thought, and I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

6 minutes ago, imlaureeeen0511 said:

Does he really have to be included in the team who'll get JH back to the North? I mean, first off he has a family left behind. How can they just send him like that? Seeing how he is badly needed there, there must be a reason right?

I think it is because he knows everybody’s secrets. He told JH that his job enables him to know what goes on beyond closed doors. We still don’t know who the real villain is, so his knowledge might be helpful. That’s my guess.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

5 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I think it is because he knows everybody’s secrets. He told JH that his job enables him to know what goes on beyond closed doors. We still don’t know who the real villain is, so his knowledge might be helpful. That’s my guess.

I guess you're right... I'm just thinking about how he can use his skill of "eavesdropping" in SK, or if will he still be able to do that in SK? Cause from the previous ep, it seems like its just them plus Cho Chul Gang in South Korea. All of CCG's secrets or at least most of it has already been exposed during the trial. Who else's secrets should they need to know? Unless of course they'll install those bugging devices again even in SK. They need him to listen to new secrets, I suppose. Because if he knew something amiss about those we're doubtful about, like maybe SD's uncle, don't you think he would've told JH that already? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

Saw it on Dramalist, which another comrade had pointed to (at least 30-40 pages ago). Scroll down to the Guest Roles:

https://mydramalist.com/35729-emergency-lands-of-love/cast

Is the site reliable?

Edited by Phoenix Klaw
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, imlaureeeen0511 said:

Because if he knew something amiss about those we're doubtful about, like maybe SD's uncle, don't you think he would've told JH that already? 

As of now, he doesn’t know JH’s relationship with SD’s uncle. Remember, he only found out JH’s background recently.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

31 minutes ago, imlaureeeen0511 said:

Oh and I forgot to mention this, but I'm having weird thoughts with the role of the Rat in all this? Does he really have to be included in the team who'll get JH back to the North? I mean, first off he has a family left behind. How can they just send him like that? Seeing how he is badly needed there, there must be a reason right? Second, I get it that he had a big role in the case of JH's brother and JH's dad trusted him with his son, but what kind of help can he contribute given that he isn't a soldier to begin with. That's why I'm having these thoughts that maybe, in the worst case scenario possible, that he would play a big role in protecting either JH or SR. Maybe even at the cost of his life? I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help but think that way. He was an accomplice in killing JH's brother after all, and no matter how much he's regretted it, the guilt is always there. And what better way to atone for his sins and redeem himself of all the guilt than giving away his life to protect Mu Hyeok's brother? That way he'll be able to repay Mu Hyeok. It's a scary thought, and I hope I'm wrong. 

I thought about this same question as well. The thing is... the moment when Jo Cheol Kang sees him with the ducklings, he would know that Manbok played a part in getting him into all these trouble. This would put Manbok in serious trouble. I pity this man and I hope he is able to live a normal life for once after Jo Cheol Kang gets his retribution. I really don't hope that he dies from all these brawl. He doesn't deserve it. He has lived in guilt for 10 years over his only friend's life. He needs a chance at life to live normally.

• Like 6

On 1/10/2020 at 1:31 AM, justamom said:

More spoilers from said eyewitness account who has calmed down from her shock of seeing them hugging...

Hide contents

They touched each other’s faces! While talking :lol:

and, and, it was a quick immediate hug from Seri, not a slow one

A Real Hug, not a half hearted one, and she even rested her head in his embrace...:wub:

She/he apologized for not remembering more as there were too many people walking around and she was so shocked seeing them hug each other

edit: another person chipped in to say the extras were in modern clothing, so this reunion probably took place in South Korea

Ah,we have to wait for another 2 weeks to watch this scene....

• Like 9
  • Love 3