[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I have a mixed feelings about episode 10. 

Surprised how fast things turn around. 

The evil man, a convicted one at that, so easily penetrates into SK?

The writer better has a sensible explanation how it happens.

JH suddenly showed up in the middle of Gangnam (?) with bruised face and shabby look? 

I think it's more of Seri's imagination. How she misses him so much that she starts imagining things. JH for sure no longer has bruises, so those bruises on his pretty face is more like the memory from the last time she saw him.

When Seri is back in SK, one thing I dread the most is, I don't get to watch the duckling scenes anymore. They are the best sidekicks in entire kdramaland in particular, equal with Pumba and Timon in general.

When Daddy gathers F4 + 1 for the mission, I'm so happy, even more excited than our otp reunion.

• Like 3

So so happy with the ratings!!! :heart: This team super deserved it! As you all know, this is a cable tv and getting more than 10% is already a huge thing!!! Tbh, i believe more in cable tv's ratings because they can estimate more accurately the no. of people watching due to the subscriptions. Whereas in free tv, the ratings are only based on the estimate of a number of samples which is only around 2k (i think) of the whole population. 

I think HB's wish off 22% will come true towards the end?! :love: Of course, the story will play a huge part on that!!! I believe in you writer-nim! The acting is already a given as everyone's been giving out stellar performances. But above all, please give them a happy ending! I don't want to feel bad at the ending because the writer decided it to be an open ender! :joy:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Am I the only one who doesn’t really care about how they get there and why it’s easier for them to be in SK? :lol:

I am just happy that they finally moved to SK. If you take out ahjummas, the ducklings, and all the funny parts in NK, the story was going nowhere and just kept on repeating the same formula. 

Additionally, I am more interested in JH’s explanation on why he is in SK. SR is a smart woman, so I hope she would figure it out soon. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Fun fact.

There are only 3 drama airing at Sunday.

Beautiful love wonderful life and Queen selection of war.

No drama ending at sunday.

It is understandable that Sunday rating is higher with fewer competitor and more hype from saturday episode ending.

Actually we can see how high sunday rating can be by just looking at saturday episode rating. 

For example if saturday rating is 14% then sunday will be higher than 15% for sure

For the break between melting me softly and crash landing on you. I think it is intentional. They wait for the right time for airing this drama and see the result is amazing already top 5 all time cable tv rating. 

It is a good thing they dont release cloy right away. A combination of the shooting is still on process and the rating from melting me softly is so freaking bad ( 2% average ). TvN change their gameplan by hyping up this drama with the teaser and such to build up the viewership. Although meet with so many doubt because of the premise we can see how this become a hit after a right amount of hype build before the premiering.

This is a very important achievement for TvN because ever since Hotel del luna ending their rating reach slump period with Arthdal underperforming, melting me softly disappointment, other drama in mon tue and wed thurs doing like 1-3% rating only. It looks like TvN doing very bad and at that time JTBC is going strong with continous stable 4-5% rating on both their timeslot. 

Now with TvN Crash Landing On You, they showed once again who is the leader of cable tv kdrama. This is huge start of the year for TvN and hopefully will start another hot streak for TvN ( next is kim tae hee drama which i believe will got a high rating as well )

Eventhough there is 3 dramas on Sunday but ll of them in different timeslot. CLOY is the only drama airing at this time slot (same as the rest of tvN sat-sun drama before). So it does not really matter how many dramas are airing on that day, this show has no competitor on it's time slot. People can watch or not watch this drama. It is their choice. By having that ratings meaning that more and more people are interested in this drama and watch it as it premieres in it's timeslot (Cable dramas normally has many reruns thru out the week but ratings are not counted). Beside, tvN is a paid cable unlike JTBC which is a free cable network. By right, JTBC drama should get higher ratings as it is a free cable. When tvN drama ratings >> than other free channels meaning to say the drama is worth the hype. Those who tune in to CLOY really want to watch the drama. Which is good. 

tvN taking a break between MMS and CLOY also is a risk. tvN hyped about MMS and it turns out bad. So, people still hv 50-50 confidence about this drama. What more it is kinda controversial due to the SK-NK relationship. The first episode gets a backlash from Knetz as they said the writer trying to romanticized NK-SK . Only after few episodes the Knetz start to warm up to this drama as they get the writer's intention in creating this masterpiece. Instead of romantizing NK-SK, the writer is trying to portray the humane side of NK. 

I am happy seeing the steady increasing ratings meaning that this drama is loved by KNetz every episode. 

Arthdal ratings is average (6-7%) for tvN is standard. MMS is a flop (i have to admit this drama is not at par, tho I am JCW fan)

10 minutes ago, cybertron said:

One more question about the rating.

JTBC and TVN both cable tv.

But why for JTBC,4% already consider high,while for TVN it have to be more than 6% to consider high/solid rating??

Actually for both cable channels, 3-5% s considered solid. It applies both to tvN and Jtbc. The reason why now tvN drama need to pass 6% mark to consider solid is because of it previous drama performance. When you have more drama passing 5% mark, it created a base rate (statistically average) so those drama that falls below 5% is considered low. But if you normalized it with other cables, 5% is considered ok (if compare to free channel, 5% on cable is like 10-12% on KBS, MBC and SBS). 

I hope this explain the difference between free channel and cable channels ratings

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@Samuel Yohanes Always revealing to look at kdramas from TVN's business perspective. Yes, they need a massive hit. Their last few shows have been OK, but none have matched Mr Sunshine. Hotel del Luna last year peaked at 12%, but only in the last episode. Arthdal did not meet expectations and Melting Me Softly was a disaster. So they are searching for a hit comparable to 2018's Mr Sunshine, whose ratings were like CLOY, around 13-15% around Episode 10. Mr Sunshine peaked at 18-21% at the last 24th episode.

My bet is that it will do similarly well, or even higher, in part due to the upcoming cameos. We have had Jung Kyung-ho (ex-boyfriend), Park Sung-woong (taxi driver), and this week, we see how an appearance by Kim Soo-hyun can result in a huge spike. Now there are still Jun Ji-hyun, Li Seung-gi, and of course, Choi Ji-woo. People will tune in for the first two alone, but CJW will push ratings through the roof.

Edited by Phoenix Klaw
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23 and @Ameera Ali, my 1-Day break from Soompi costs me a 20-page of CLOY's thread to back-read, Waaaahhh :scream: I'm not afraid of spoilers now since I'm done watching Ep. 9, currently in the middle of Ep. 10. Some of our comrades here mentioned about the ratings, so I went to check it with utmost urgency and Whooooooooaah, what can I say? Congratulations to the whole casts of CLOY!!! 

@thanie @Ameera Ali & other comrades, i'm just getting back fr watching & finishing epi 10 & woah did you guys see it coming? i know me too i was always shocked to see pages here build up so fast i can't keep up really! like u said thanie, 20 page plus maybe by now!

this writer-nim is really full of surprises! i hvnt really read comments here but woah the first few min was v touching where his late brod helped the officer Rat when his son got ill, etc.

well anyway i know there's lots to read here so let me see where to start!

anyway, that ending was so funny where the comrades are in SK and see how happy they were eating so much food woah! i really love those 4+1 (now) comrade coz the Rat is also with them! hahaha

I haven't read how much the rating for epi 10 but i hope it's more than epi 9?

2 hours ago, Nesame said:

Love the ending of epi 10! JH and SR meet up and the ducklings in South is so funny! 

Every epi of this drama is so good. Make me cry and laughabd always looking forward to the next epi. 

I am now so obsessed with Hyun Bin!  Last epi will be on 16 Feb and i will have serious withdrawal symptoms definitely 

same here, these 2 latest epis were really good, yday i was laughing & crying bc of JH's father, but this epi too i was teary-eyed!  i loved the ending also of this epi 10  & again another torturous week HWAITING for epi 11, i dread to think this is only a few more epis & they'll wrap up, hope they extend it to 20! :) I think you're not the only one feeling this way for HB, i'm also obsessed so much so by now i've seen all the movies he did a few nites ago except the other one the epic one, i hvnt finished!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Episode 10 was indeed a bit rushed as many people have noticed but i prefer it this way because they wont be trapped later on with not enough time to wrap up some plots which is something that happens a lot in these kind of dramas. Another reason i feel they went so quickly in South Korea is because this drama is becoming one of those cult dramas where they advertise South Korean culture with the comedy so it's more profitable to the entire team to have the key players in South Korea now. It was expected since ratings keep getting higher so they are adjusting as they go along. I feel the writer is still doing a good job at keeping the story good though in the last two episodes did feel a bit more rushed than the others. I hope they will get a worthy kiss where we see a close up soon, not that their kisses were bad but we can barely see anything each time. Hopefully in South Korea they get the chance to be more intimate, since it is cable so they should be more allowed to do...things lol. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, camichi said:

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him. 

@INeedAFan i agree w/you i noticed it too during the trial HB's face was so clean then in the ending where he's in SK he's got the bruises again! just a little flaw there by the pd-nim i guess!

@camichi that's true he's got those bruises then but during the trial his face was clean like INeedAFan noticed it too!

• Like 4

On 1/19/2020 at 2:29 AM, BoyzwithLuv said:

*Camera zoom out on kiss scene outside hospital*

Everyone: Give us a zoom-in kiss scene!! 

Director-nim: Zoom-in kiss scene coming up *Zoom in on their face*

*Lips left the scene*

Everyone: ..........

Director-nim.... since we'll have to wait for two weeks, i'm expecting that you'll give us a properly shot kiss scene in episode 11 :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Yes, it's for Lunar New Year. Dang. I wish I had waited to watch until all episodes were out, but...I didn't. And I can't stop now!

And I also loved the ajusshi's response to seeing his son and Seri. That actor is in everything but I think that scene was my favorite performance of his yet. His absolutely gobsmacked face, oh my! :D

@frozentundra Likewise, that's like a Kodak moment that i rewatched that scene last nite bc i cldn't get over how funny his face was seeing his son and this woman (he always addressed SR as 'woman') as if the end of the world came that day for them! lol i really had a good laugh and i may sound like a broken record but yes that scene for me also wld be one of my favorites of his! :lol: great actor!

CONGRATS to CLOY's recent rating, what? 15% woah HB will be pleased it seems to be going up up and he's wishing for 20% i think? good for them, they deserve a higher rating!

7e1a307c07914f709d8d12c98fd908ae.jpeg?s=

cr: soompi

crash-landing-on-you-oh-man-seok-hyun-bi

CCG is the evil man in this drama! he's unstoppable

crash-landing-on-you-son-ye-jin.jpg

In epi 10 we can tell SR misses JH big time; she's having trouble sleeping:(

• Like 6
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

Director-nim.... since we'll have to wait for two weeks, i'm expecting that you'll give us a properly shot kiss scene in episode 11 :joy:

They better "make it" before they meet the ducklings.

I bet those ducklings won't leave JH alone after this..

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

18 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

Am I too greedy to request for a bed scene :vicx:

As we know RJH needs a place to stay in Seoul :phew: How about sharing Seri's bed :naughty:

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Naughty 8
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

Director-nim.... since we'll have to wait for two weeks, i'm expecting that you'll give us a properly shot kiss scene in episode 11

Director-nim is clearly teasing us! :joy:  He is intentionally playing with this topic since he knows that their chemistry is sooo good (that it feels like a real thing) and that we are expecting a legendary kiss scene hahaha  :joy:  

He is good directing kissing scenes (for example in his previous work, Romance is a Bonus Book) but here... he is playing with zooming in and out since the first one in the boat Hahaha. 

why Director-nim? Why? Have mercy please LOL 

@BoyzwithLuv hahaha you are not greedy. After all, he needs a place to stay and she “must” return his “act of humanity” (as she justified RJH’s actions to his dad haha) by sharing her house (and bed) this time hahaha :glasses:.

And well, if I may ask more... I even want to see RJH in a post shower scene with a bathrobe. I am more greedy than you :joy: LOL

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

So, teaser for eps 11 is still a secret. Maybe the team is still doing some editing because shooting is on going..? I really hope RJH x SeRi will have more skinship :w00t: now that RJH is in SK and probably will stay at SeRi's house together alone. Better not waste that precious time doing only peck on the lips ;)

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 7

3 hours ago, Keroppi said:

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

I know the show can’t please everyone but episode 10 was still a fantastic way to excite viewers of what’s to come after the two-week break. 

Ah really? Well I guess everyone have their own POV. I think ep 10 was like a crossover episode between NK and SK, hence may feel a bit slow vs the other episodes? And there are less screen time of SR and SK, or with the 4 ducklings which I believe has been the main attraction of the show. And those who love the show cause of the NK setting may feel it seems a bit too similar now to the usual kdrama. These are my theories of why some felt disappointed.

But the end where JH and SR meet again and the epilogue of the 4 ducklings + MY in SK speaks of HUGE entertainment potential coming up!!

Plus the amazing ratings of 14.6% shows that Korean viewers are still very much INTO the series! That's a jump of 3 points from Ep 9 which is CRAZY!!

I have confidence that writer-nim won't let us down, nor the director and cast. Looking forward to new  amazing episodes after a 2-week break! Will go rewatch ep 9 & 10 (and maybe start from Ep 1 again lol!!) while waiting.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

The return of jealous Mr. Ri

Episode 11 JH is in the south now i am thinking that Mr. Ri the bodyguard will come in to play. It would be funny to see JH going crazy on the way that SeRi dresses in the South short sexy skirts and body hugging fitted blouses since he has an Alpha male tendency and jealousy is second nature to him. Well he only see SeRi dressed like one of the Ajuma in North im sure he's going to go ballistic with that :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

my mind is playing with the idea that JH told his father of his plan to South Korea to protect YSR.

they got into an argument and he hit him, that's why he got new bruises. 

of course JH allowed himself to get beaten.

JH's beautiful mom intervened. JH was "allowed" to go to SK.

JH's father sent the 5 trusted friends to "convince" him to go back, in a way also effectively sending him back up in case the baddie makes good on his promise to harm YSR.

• Like 13

Woah this thread is flyyyyying!!! Really enjoyed  this week's episodes. Finally the stakes were higher -both in N.Korea and S.Korea as our two leads and their comrades were in real danger, while Seri's company was in jeopardy (albeit for a short while before she stormed in LOL).

I was super amused at the epilogue of Ep 10... Was fearing so much for RJH's ducklings and Man-bok when they were led away into the dark, I literally clutched my chest and heaved a sigh of relief when RJH's dad appeared :sweatingbullets: Now I can't wait for the shenanigans this unlikely gang will be up to in Seoul!:D

Ending of Ep 10 was :wub: I loved that it was similar to what happened before in the N.Korea market... RJH always finding his way to Seri, and Seri always the one to move towards him - he will always be her guiding light (candle)!

:heart:

DvHUbKb.gif

fpuYUV7.gif

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1