[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I screamed and laughed when Kim Soohyun made his cameo! So funny! Didn't know about his movie character before, and googled to find out more. Smart way to bring him in!

I thot we will see how SR will make her way to the SK side of DMZ and get rescued by the soldiers, but wow they went straight to Seoul and SR strutting out like the badass CEO she is! What an entrance!

Also thot we will see more of JH pining after SR but things moved super fast in this series! JH had no time to grieve for his lost love cuz he has to start crying for his heung again.... am so glad Rat decided to confess and do the right thing. I cried in that scene, and also when JH listened to his heung's recording saying how proud he is of his little brother.

It felt so strange to watch the show back in Seoul again, and whenever it went back to the little NK village eg the ahjummas, there's a strange nostalgic feeling in me..... I do miss the NK village scenes, which were always so peaceful and simple. It's also where SR and JH fell in love, making it extra special.

CK the villain is really very scary. The fear in JH's eyes and face after he received the threatening phone call from CK was very real!

And awww...... the reunion scene! Now we have to wait 2 weeks to see the FULL impact of that on SR cuz she was so stunned to say much!

Epilogue was the HIGHLIGHT! Can't wait to see F4 ducklings and MY getting culture shock and learning new things in Seoul!! And can't wait for them to meet SR again!!

2 weeks break - have a good rest all cast and crew!! Will be rewatching Ep 9 & 10 slowly.....

• Like 10

i so can’t wait for more this-is-amazing! what-is-this?! what-does-it-mean?! moments with the comrade squad! 

c44060c13f34842877e09e149180c0a1a6fb23ad

76cde6f1db6e6fe136568726b6e36a274e124b76

(cr: kdramanewbie.tumblr)

i knew something bigger and shocking will unveil the moment they step SK. after reading some of you guys’ theories, i do sense that this has become a (comical) suicide mission, which i hope, leads them to stay in SK or even better, leads to reunification of both countries!!

questions questions questions:

-how on earth did JH reach SK? and however it is, i think he went illegally since his subordinates are sent to bring him back.

-SJ helping SR and JH... pretty sure it’s not just because to show SD her failing love. he is too fishy (and cute). 

-of course, the real identity behind SR’s father and SD’s uncle.

-SR’s mom though... is it just me or she actually holds something important to the story? im not sure about this. 

one thing i do want to appreciate: SD’s mom. she is way too cute :P

will patiently wait for answers in two weeks. stay strong everyone! xxx

• Like 8
  • Love 2

So JCK's escape was WELL PLANNED indeed! So he got help from a number of corrupted officials.

But I'm worried for JH's dad because if JCK were to see JH, MB(rat) & the Ducklings in Seoul, he might report about him to his higher authority.:angry:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Albin said:

Hyun Bin brother did not die!!!

Did anyone realised he is the one selling the food, and acting like lunatic at last part of episode 10?? 

And when he said he came to the south eariler than them!!! 

Is this true? Is this tru? If this is true omo why is he still there? But i will be over the moon about this!

Also, if RJH’s brother is still alive and in a long term mission, he can go back and RJH can continue following his dream as a pianist in Switzerland and Be with SR!

• Like 2

Overall a decent episode, moved the plot forward.

For me the highlight of the ep 10 was the Rat and his story. I think he is one of the best supporting characters, I liked his scene with JH, very powerful. And kudos to the actor!

SJ helping...At first I thought it was because JH found his connection to the evil dude - and i think if they'd leave it like that it would be more realistic, but oh well, we can't have a sleazy second male lead, even if he is a schemer hiding in NK from the officials... Kdrama is a kdrama. 

I could care less about Dan, I wanted to skip forward her scenes. A girl stuck in high school even though she is hitting her thirties - not my cup of tea. And I feel like the whole one-sided love plot could have been done better. They do have chemistry with SJ, but this plot seems to be dragging a bit, I just do not ship them because we have no character development for her, no redemption arc, and now her uncle is evil so I don't even want to pretend I care.

Yesssss, our favourite soldiers are in SK!!!  I look forward to seeing this adventure! I absolutely love the plot - JH escaping to SK (seemed much easier that getting Seri there, don't you think?) and the fact that we didn't have a single episode where they would be separated. Thanks to the writers for this! 

And Seri's entrance was perfect - attending her own funeral, our fierce girl is back! I hope JH will see this side of her. In her comfort zone. He needs to see how strong and witty she is in her comfort zone.

I want more of the adventures in SK. This episode had a lot of establishing points, but seemed more like a prologue to a story. It would be a better Saturday episode than a Sunday one... But I guess they had no choice.

Also, it's crazy to think that everything was filmed recently, we literally saw the pictures from shooting the final scene of this episode a  week ago! I am not used to kdramas' filming pace, but it seems a bit brutal to the cast and crew - I hope everyone is healthy and not having a mental breakdown because of the harsh deadlines.

• Like 12

The ducklings should be branded as the 2nd leads! They are the most entertaining and cute elements on the show. I cannot wait for Pyo Chi Soo to meet Seri the CEO!

About episode 10:

1. Seri's entrance into her old life was some Jan Man Wol level badass.

2. I don't understand Seri's parents yet, there seems to be a larger picture which we don't understand yet. I hope Seri gets to know who loves her and who does not. 

3. I couldn't care less about Dan and the SD+SJ storyline

4. Captain Ri looks his best in the uniform with the black fur collar. 

In the coming episodes I hope to see:

1. Mr Ri the bodyguard

2. Seri+JH being all over each other(physically)

3. Seri using her power as a boss lady to get things done and protect JH in this new environment.

4. Optional: An unrealistic reunification ending so all my favs get to be happy forever.

Also thank you team CLOY for the most amazing cameo you designed for Kim Soo Hyun! So much fun

• Like 8
  • Love 5

Out of abundance of caution maybe don't read on if you haven't watched eps 9-10?

Finishing episode 9 made me realize something rather concerning- how unbearable it would be to live through another separation between RJH and SR at the end of the drama.  It was so heart-wrenching that I can't help but think if this was a 9-episode drama with a sad ending, it could have ended there (thank goodness it didn't) but how awful for the audience would that have been...

In episode 10, it was a bit difficult to watch SR go about her comfortable life as I thought she would have missed RJH to the point where she can't function normally - but a few posters mentioned that this may be her coping mechanism.  Point taken, that's definitely realistic.  She's doing her best and it hits her hard sometimes, especially at night.  

A comment about something I was thinking about that another poster identified earlier, I find it very odd that when SR had the revelation about her meeting with RJH in Switzerland many years ago (is it about a decade?) he didn't seem to respond to it at all.  He immediately smiled and just said you'll be leaving here tomorrow.  I can't tell if this was intentional (i.e., he doesn't want her to know about something else) or unintentional (i.e., the writer just didn't write in a response to this for no reason and nothing to look into here).  But then he kind of didn't respond to it again when she brought it up again at the separation scene.  Anyway, I wonder what else happened in Switzerland, if anything.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Another question before I am going to sleep.

SR’s father is suspicious as well. He went somewhere for a few days. Any conspiracy theory?

I think he was contacted when Seri was found at the border.  Because things need not be divulged (so as not to cause RJH et al any harm), he had to stay where Seri was and no one had to know what he had to do/where he was.  Just my thoughts, though.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

A comment about something I was thinking about that another poster identified earlier, I find it very odd that when SR had the revelation about her meeting with RJH in Switzerland many years ago (is it about a decade?) he didn't seem to respond to it at all.  He immediately smiled and just said you'll be leaving here tomorrow.  I can't tell if this was intentional (i.e., he doesn't want her to know about something else) or unintentional (i.e., the writer just didn't write in a response to this for no reason and nothing to look into here).  But then he kind of didn't respond to it again when she brought it up again at the separation scene.  Anyway, I wonder what else happened in Switzerland, if anything.

@blue_fleurs it was me!

I think there’s more Switzerland flashbacks coming! 

For me RHJ fell for her on first side! 
Back in the day...

• Like 9
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, isitbaked said:

In the coming episodes I hope to see:

1. Mr Ri the bodyguard

2. Seri+JH being all over each other(physically)

3. Seri using her power as a boss lady to get things done and protect JH in this new environment.

4. Optional: An unrealistic reunification ending so all my favs get to be happy forever.

YES to point 2. I really hope that we'll watch a "hot scene" (as much as possible for a kdrama). I'm happy because we've already had three kisses but they were a little too soft. Not comment about the angles, zooms, changes in camera framing...The actors can have a beautiful kiss but we can see it better in the behind the scene. 

I think that CLOY is a drama that can give us a hot scene (because the age of the actors, their chemistry, how they love each other...they've already share bed!), even if It happens in episode 16, I can wait.

About point 4, I've already comment this but I don't want to see a reunification. It's a too easy way to solve the plot, I think writer can give us another good ending.

• Like 7
  • Naughty 2
  • Love 2

d@nuttyz I agree there is something fishy about Seo Dan's uncle but i don't think he is the mastermind behind everything. He might be one of the people who are orchestrating the whole scheme of illegal money business in North Korea (in this way he helps his nuna to run high end business and control dollars in Pyongyang). But i also think that it would be better for them to kill Cheol Kang rather than letting him go since he knows a lot. The uncle didn't let judge to hear Cheol Kang about Ri JeongHyeok so the judge cut him short and gave the verdict so quickly. this kind of shows that the uncle wanted a quick and clean end without letting Cheol Kang to complicate anything and further reveal them as well.  

3 hours ago, nuttyz said:

Just finished episode 10, WOW, daebak! 

This show has been trending in China, and I've been lurking on Weibo since its the fastest source I could find online. I've seen a few theories floating around on Weibo and thought of sharing here! 

Biggest baddie

Hide contents

Conspiracy theory: the biggest baddie could have been Seo Dan's uncle!! Beneath his funny man facade, he could have been the ultimate big boss who helped JCG escape, it doesn't make sense that JCG escaped to South so easily! 

Suspicion 1: The nod he gave to the judge (and a small paper slip?) just before the verdict 

Suspicion 2: He has been brushing off JH's suspicion twice: once when JH was in Pyeongyang just right before JH borrowed his special plate car, the other in epi 10 when JH confided in the uncle on his suspicion

If this turns out to be true, this is not only a Rom-Com, its also a mind-twisting thriller 

3 hours ago, Ss79 said:

Wow amazing episode! Really excited this see all the ducklings and JH in SK now! They will be amazed and awed by her life. Her life probably makes Dan's life look middle class. And now, she's once again poised to take over Queen's conglomerate. 

Couple of things I'm curious about and observed:

1. The whole shareholder's meeting was unclear. They announced SR' second oldest brother as the successor, but according to what I heard in today's episode, everything has been reset because now SR is back. So her Dad seems like he wants to once again make SR the CEO of Queens conglomerate. Her brothers, especially the second oldest one wont be so thrilled about this. Looking forward to seeing some JH protecting SR scenes. Even feeling like the brothers might team up with the villain to take SR down.

2. So it seems like a few weeks has passed since SR returned to SK and only her father seems to have known about it. And the Ducklings and JH only have 2 weeks to catch the villain before they have to return back to NK. 

3. Was JH's mission to SK authorized? Cause it seems like he just left to catch the villain, but since his father is such a powerful man, he'll probably spin the story that he gave JH authorization to catch his first son's killer. It's very personal for their family.

4. Glad to see that Dan has finally stopped pining after JH and her family is in agreement that the best thing to do is break of this engagement. I hope Dan "dumps him first" and tells her mom and JH's parents that she is no longer interested in JH.

I think the results of the latest board meeting has not been reset. The current CEO of the Queens group is the second oppa. However since the Seri's Choice board meeting was interrupted by Seri herself, she is still the CEO and the owner of the company. But now Sang-a is next biggest shareholder of the company which is a problem for Seri. Her mother is the third biggest shareholder now. I think she didn't do it to take advantage of the situation rather wanted to protect Seri from Sang-a (oppa's wife). I think her aim was to collect as much as stock possible before Sang-a bought everything for the sake of Seri and her legacy (as she assumed her to be dead). Now she will give them all back to Seri. 

I also think JeongHyeok's departure was not authorised so if it is known he will be branded as traitor/defector. As his father know the reason of his departure, he wants to protect his son and retrieve him back as quietly as possible. It is like "confidential assignment" (i highly recommend everyone to watch it, the movie of Hyun Bin in my opinion:heart:)

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

I second this...Also, is it just me or the revelation of the piano piece sort of...fell short of expectation? I mean...it is such a good piece of music and the back story of it was also meaningful...it's a goodbye song to JH's brother but also a song to bring SR back to life...I was waiting for it to be revealed in a much more unexpected way and the emotions that both characters go through will be more varied than a shock from Seri and a stoic expression of JH "you will be leaving tomorrow" as a response. 

I'm not complaining here. It's just my two cents that I thought the writer could explore that storyline a little bit further. However our writer has been granting me with so many pleasant surprises and tear-jerking moments, I understand that she still has a lot in store and wants to put closures on some storylines to carry forward some others. 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, L A said:

I second this...Also, is it just me or the revelation of the piano piece sort of...fell short of expectation? I mean...it is such a good piece of music and the back story of it was also meaningful...it's a goodbye song to JH's brother but also a song to bring SR back to life...I was waiting for it to be revealed in a much more unexpected way and the emotions that both characters go through will be more varied than a shock from Seri and a stoic expression of JH "you will be leaving tomorrow" as a response. 

I'm not complaining here. It's just my two cents that I thought the writer could explore that storyline a little bit further. However our writer has been granting me with so many pleasant surprises and tear-jerking moments, I understand that she still has a lot in store and wants to put closures on some storylines to carry forward some others. 

He absoFREAKINGlutelly  knows that SeRi loves him... She expressed in so many ways (phone, books, jokes) And he knows it’s gonna be hard for them to be together... Maybe he doesn’t want to fuel the fire for her to have her heart more broken! 

RHJ is a man of honor, he always says everything is OK even when is not...He is all about protecting her. He is protecting her heart ❤️ 

Or I’m too much delusional :/

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

He immediately smiled and just said you'll be leaving here tomorrow.

That caught my attention. For me, it was another and more obvious hint that he remembers her (when he saved her by asking her to take a photo and maybe even when they were walking and watching the paraglides). I strongly believe now that he remembered her from the start (when he smiled at her when he found her stuck in her paraglide in NK).

Btw, on another topic, I loved what I saw of RJH’s relationship with his mom. They didn’t show us very much, but the few things demonstrated a lot of their good relationship. For instance, when he said to SR that her mom told him that she stayed awake playing piano, it means that they have a good son-mom communication :blush:.  And definitely SR gained her approval and heart. In addition of having perceived how much SR cares and protect  RJH, she also knows that SR loves piano now, and becoming a pianist is his son’s dream. 

• Like 11

This episode was both heart wrenching and funny, i loved every second of it!

It was logical for Seri to go back to Seoul. We could see her changing demeanour when she found her own water. She came back like a queen and took everything back as if she never left, bravo Seri! However i always felt she was insecure and also kind in someways but she was hiding behind her cool persona to look powerful so that no one could exploit her. When she was in North Korea, we saw how she was kind and loving because she felt loved and secured there (ajummas, F4 and Ri JeongHyeok made her feel loved and no need to say JeongHyeok made her feel secure despite all the threats). So her real personality came out as a natural reaction to being treated this way. I loved how writer-nim portrayed the contrast to show us Seri's inner world. 

As for second leads; I always like Gu Seung Jun and Seo Dan. Gu Seung Jun portrayed a con man with a good heart which is a new type of character in a k-drama. I liked him for it. He liked Seo Dan from get to go. That's why i liked their interactions because it was more than typical "plotting against the main lead out of revenge". He seemed like he was plotting with Seo Dan but eventually he chose to do what his heart told him to and help JeongHyeok and Seri. Even before that he did his own plan to keep Seri in North Korea while he could have gone along with Cheol Kangs plan which would end her life. He wanted to keep his deal with Seri's oppa but at the same time wanted her alive. This is his charming point. However there were some mishaps in the storyline as it proceeded. He was said to be only her arranged meeting not fiance because from the flashback Seri told him upfront that she saw what he is up to and she wouldn't be with him. It shouldnt have proceed to engagement after that. Seri didn't seem like agreed on marriage at all from the flashback but in today's episode they said the engagement was broken off few weeks before the marriage. Another thing is that Gu Seung Jun always showed interest in Seo Dan but in one of the previous episodes he said his heart fluttered towards Seri after she broke of the engagement. These two things didn't fit the storyline of Gu Seung jun which was portrayed from the beginning. Apart from that i am glad that he didn't drag Seri issue long and went back to his old self in the first appearance. As for Seo Dan, she never seemed interested in JeongHyeok from the beginning. I always thought she was rightfully angry about all the Seri issue because she had expectations from JeongHyeok. Not necessarily she loved him but because she was engaged to him for such a long time, she had developed expectation. In real life every girl would if they are engaged (especially for such longterm engagement). Therefore when her expectations failed, she became disappointed and her pride hurt since there was another woman involved. Her reaction is understandable in my opinion. However we now know that she fell in love with JeongHyeok at high school doesn't fit the narrative because she seemed very disinterested with him and didn't know if they could love each other. Even at some point i was convinced that she didn't want him but want to know more about love. but high school story wasn't necessary in my opinion. It just made her character a bit typical, i would have preferred the one in my understanding because i like her and her confident strong persona, there was no need for first love cliche. 

By the way I like how Mr. Cheon and Gu Seung Jun relationship is. I think they will be great friends. Gu Seung Jun will stay in North Korea as a business man and Mr Cheon will be his assistant :) 

It was a very emotional episode but my eyes watered the most in ajummas scene. I really love them. I wish Seri to go back and meet them again. I love how they are understanding and loving towards Seri. This is all Seri has wanted for her life but no one back in Seoul made her feel she belong there, in contrast they made feel unwanted to the point she wanted to take her own life. 

I am glad that Pd-nim didn't spoil Kim SooHyun's cameo. It had the shock effect :D It was hilarious!! I am looking forward to F4 and their Seoul adventures. Also Jumok's wish to be completed :) 

I think JeongHyuk will be Mr Lee for a couple of weeks :wub: I can't wait to see Seri and Mr. Lee's interactions especially when there are others around. I am sure Seri will be so lovely like in North korea with her bodyguard but people in Seoul will be shocked to her being like that. I am looking forward to JeongHyeok's meeting with Seri's family. Also it wouldn't hurt to have some hot scenes in Seri's house:wub: you know what i am saying ;) 

Seri's father is the only one knows about her North Korean stay as i assume he collected her from the Southern part of demilitarised zone. It will be interesting seeing him and JeongHyeok to meet. As for Seri's mother, i think she bought many stocks of Seri's choice to protect the company against second oppa's wife but Seri doesn't know this and treated her mother harshly. She will come to know this and mend her broken relationship with her finally. And i think the first oppa will get the CEO position in Queens group because Seri will choose love. Seri wanted the position to prove a point to people and especially to be acknowledged by her father but it will no longer needed when she choose Ri Jeong Hyeok. I predict she will open a branch of Seri's choice in Switzerland when she settle there with JeongHyeok. It would have been lovely if she could do that in North Korea but its unfortunately not possible.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3