[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Wow congrats for the rating,if they can mantain maybe they can catch up reply 1988 or goblin but skycastle kinda bit hard to beat since the drama only have 6 eps left. I remember hyun bin predicted the rating around 20% something. Well his two drama in the past get highest rating in all time in history of korean tv ,My name is kim sam soon get 51% rating at last eps And of course secret garden.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Daiana Westphal said:

Nationwide: 14,633%

Seoul: 15.093%

Can someone explain to me how ratings work in S Korea? Is, for example, KBS a network channel and tvN a cable channel? So cable would typically have lower ratings? Which numbers are more important? Nationwide? Seoul? I'm surprised the ratings continue to rise  (awesome) even at half way point ... is this a norm for a limited run series like this?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ss79 said:

Really! I feel like she'll accept it. Because I felt like now that she's back and discovered that her family was trying to take advantage of her death, she'll be even more determined to get back at them. 

Plus its some incentive for the second oppa to team up with CCK to get rid of SR.

I could be like you said too, i believe she will refuse because i think the shareholders meeting will be happening later like in the last or the one before last episode in my opinion. 

What you said seems reasonable but I don't know, i dont think they would portray her second oppa more evil than he already is. I felt that Seri will be closer to her family at the end. CCK would act as one-man killer rather than meeting her oppa and plot something harmful against her since he is acting on impulse and rather be quick. 

By the way i am beyond thrilled about the ratings! It is great news! Congratulations to staff, pd, actors but mostly writer-nim since she created such a beautiful story with extensive research about North korea and little nuances (i.e. the house in demilitarised zone and woman who was waiting for her son) that highlighted not only the love between main leads but also how real people suffers from separation of the two countries. Every little element is well thought well portrayed! I am so happy that i am watching this amazing drama!

P.S. I have to mention this, no offence to anyone but one of the best aspect of this drama is that there is no idol in it. Everyone is capable to draw emotion in us and make us relate to them.   

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

16 minutes ago, Elle R said:

Can someone explain to me how ratings work in S Korea? Is, for example, KBS a network channel and tvN a cable channel? So cable would typically have lower ratings? Which numbers are more important? Nationwide? Seoul? I'm surprised the ratings continue to rise  (awesome) even at half way point ... is this a norm for a limited run series like this?

If you live in the US and understand that system then you can compare a channel like KBS to ABC, CBS, Fox, or NBC these are big networks that everyone can watch so high ratings are expected and hit shows are all usually above 10% and hit shows can go as high as 20% easily. TvN is a cable network and can be compared to HBO where people have to subscribe and pay a special fee to have the channel so not everyone have this channel in their home because it costs more money and not free like the big channels. They are private. For such networks a hit show only needs to be above 5-6% ratings to be doing well. Above 10% ratings for a cable channel the show is a monster hit!!! like for HBO in the US one of their biggest series ever Games of thrones hit 15% weekly on tv plus their digital formats were on fire so it was a hit. For a network like ABC in the US or SBS in Korea these numbers are good but expected so it wont mean as much as it means for the cable channels. 

Understand a bit?  Sorry if it's confusing lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

I have been so busy with my placement :weary:!just finished watching the last 3 episodes .Omg what am I going to do when the drama ends.It is one of the best drama ever !in my top 3 for sure.So happy for the ratings!!!!!Hyun bin wish is gonna come through !!!Congrats to the amazing casts especially the beautiful Ye-jin !

• Like 7

7 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Another question before I am going to sleep.

SR’s father is suspicious as well. He went somewhere for a few days. Any conspiracy theory?

Hi,

I think his Dad was taking care of Seri's return from DMZ. He knew that Seri was in NK from Seri's secretary. Perhaps he did something (like contacting SK military about her missing daughter) to make sure Seri return safely.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, justamom said:

Well did anyone hear what the #1 NAVER search term last night was?

”Crash Landing Episode 11 preview”

:lol:

Is this preview out yet? I can’t wait to see all of them in Seoul !!!! 
thinking about the promises Seri gave to the ducklings! One of them wanted to meet the famous actress from stairways to heaven right?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, taekwang said:

Is this preview out yet? I can’t wait to see all of them in Seoul !!!! 
thinking about the promises Seri gave to the ducklings! One of them wanted to meet the famous actress from stairways to heaven right?

This is so me :joy: i hit the search button as soon as eps 10 ended but no prevail and its going to be a long lonely week without CLOY.. Sigh. Mr Director,  i think instead of slow mo and close up, SeRi x RJH should hug each other more. I mean c'mon,  I would jump over to my man if he suddenly appear in front of me...  

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Just saw the ratings and I am floored!

Totally deserved and I am sure it will be higher now that the arc is in SK and the ducklings are there with their parents (Seri and JH).

I was watching it last night live and for me whose Korean is elementary, it was totally worth it!

BUT, the lagging killed the mood so I have to wait for the subbed version.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2020/01/spoilerscrash-landing-on-you-roundup_18.html

Did anyone notice JH’s bruises? He didn’t have them when he was in NK. 

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, camichi said:

Of course he had the bruises. Remenber when she was at his' father home and he arrived she was alarmed cause his face was hurt and asked him who did it. His father was like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

The Coronel and his men hit him. 

during the trial of ccg his bruises were gone; either this is a slight lapse in continuity or he had some scuffles to go through otw to Seoul.

ughhhh so happy about the ratings although I must confess it did me no good to wake up with images of Donggu clicking his heels in glee. Omg.

• Like 4

I was lurking in another forum and was kind of surprised that a couple (they were definitely the minority) of viewers who were extremely disappointed with episode 10 and even feared that this is the beginning of CLOY’s downfall. 

I know the show can’t please everyone but episode 10 was still a fantastic way to excite viewers of what’s to come after the two-week break. 

I would still have preferred if they delayed the reunion but Seri’s line about going through everything all over again just to be with JH hit me to the core that I no longer mind not seeing them pine much for each other apart from SR and JH not sleeping and going to Mt Bukhan and the old house respectively to have a glimpse of the other Korea where their lover resides.

Also, I’m sure (or rather hope) episode 11 will show us how JH ended up in SK (did he inform his dad before leaving or did Director Ri just find out? Did JH enter via China or via DMZ? Is it an official trip ala The Confidential Assignment?) and what happened to SR after being found by the SK Military, the same way episode 10 showed us how SJ helped SR and JH get to the DMZ. 

Plus, I get it why the ducklings and MB had to be in SK asap for the epilogue. It is the writer teasing us of the riot that’s about to come. Pyu Chi Soo vs SR SK edition is what I’m living for. Of course, JH as bodyguard who will keep SR’s family in check and of course make sure CK doesn’t succeed in his evil plans. 

I’m sure after MB’s mission, SR will send tons of beauty products to the NK ajummas. She shouldn’t forget her mother-in-law as well as she is their biggest shipper after all. 

sigh... How am I going to survive the next two weeks? I have watched episode 10 3x already. Lol

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

comrades as always i'm now starting w/epi 10 & hv to take a wee bit brk bc i can't help but teary eyed with this scene when Ri's brod (10 yrs ago) helped this so called Rat officer, for his baby who was sick & oh it's such a touching scene!

this drama is just an eye opener each w/end, i hv to continue & i just wanna share w/you comrades that i'm really feeling this scene! :(:bawling:

see u guys after i fin the drama, maybe i need some more box of kleenex & now i feel lonely for JH now that our princess is back in SK! :(

• Like 4
  • Love 5