[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Back in the military village where the love birds took refuge after the snow storm, I noticed how RJH had been so attached to Seri, grabbing her arm, after she gave him his medicine. It was a very instinctive move that show us he refuses to let her out of his sight. She has become his reason for living. I am totally sold to his line about living in hell for the rest of his life if something happens to Seri. That's how deeply he's in love with her now.

I doubt if he'd ever be inclined to let Seri go, especially now that he knows that she loves him too. The lengths he's willing to go to just to be with her. I mean, it's already a given that he may lose his life doing this.

Also, I will not underestimate the importance of that scene when Ju Mok interpreted what UF and babe magnet. He looked hopeless after his conversation with the conman GSJ, I even thought he might just let Seri be if not for that fangirl's comment about Seri's feelings for him. :P

• Like 15

So many amazing theories and reviews on this forum! I read them all! 

I want to add - I think JH knew that SR was kidnapped - he asked her if she could describe what she saw, abd she didn't answer. That was already the trigger for him... 

Spoiler

I felt like it was a bit out of character for Seri to trust the business dude right away, and go to his house without even telling Jeong Hyeok... It continued to be weird when at his mansion she started to make assumptions as to what that place was and that he actually contacted her parents /relatives: he gave her no proof of his actions whatsoever. But i loved the part that she took and sold the ring. Thats what Seri would have done!! 

I liked GSJ's character actually. His motivations are fleshed out, he acts as I kind of expect him to act, and he actually challenges our lovers with real questions - is what you feel real love? Is it going to last? It's a good test for them, they need to go through these hardships to understand their feelings. Plus I absolutely loved that JH saw right through SR, he understands her from the first encounter in Switzerland, he reads her so well and doesn't let her words to mislead him. I liked that right after her noble idiocy we get a bottle episode at school and they are facing each other and confessing their worries like adults do in reality! 

I do not understand Dan's motivations at all. Do you seriously expect this kind of marriage to be successful? Do you really think that by ruining JH's life he will be a good husband? Idk, her whole character seems to be just a plot device for now. We'll see, I suppose. She's too robotic for me to have any feelings towards her- negative or positive. But at least she made JH's dad aware of the situation. It's time for the parents to take control of their kids' mess. 

The final scene shocked me. I watched it on a plane and actually had to pause to make sure that it wasn't the sound from the plane.. :sweatingbullets:  the whole scene was beautiful. And I liked how Jh's emotions shifted, we see his despair and weakness. For the character who is driven by solving issues and keeping promises "I will keep you safe as long as you are by my side", that is a lot to take. And it's heartbreaking to watch. 

As for the shooting - my theory is that since sooo many people are aware of Seri's identity,  there is some cross-kidnapping going on. Maybe JH's dad's men will take Seri from the dudes who kidnapped her in the first place? Last episode i noticed that JH's dad, just like JH comes to the rescue just at the right moment.. 

Overall- I'm actually kinda glad we're having some time to process this episode before the next one. There's a lot to unpack and discuss before I'll be able to move on to the episode 9...

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4

38 minutes ago, taye said:

Has anyone found the song they play at the end of episode 8 yet? It's so pretty. I think the second verse is "살면 시가문 나의 드는서게 그대모스 타마봅니다", but my Korean's not great so I may have transcribed it wrong.

Is it this? 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, BoyzwithLuv said:
48 minutes ago, taye said:

Has anyone found the song they play at the end of episode 8 yet? It's so pretty. I think the second verse is "살면 시가문 나의 드는서게 그대모스 타마봅니다", but my Korean's not great so I may have transcribed it wrong.

Is it this? 

ENG SUB

• Like 11
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, carly08 said:

Can they extend the series? 

well they have duration 1 hours 20 minutes long in some eps,its gonna be long drama if they extended the series.

my thoughts

- Seri totally changed when in north korea,she is broken person,maybe she didnt get love from her family  & her brothers/family hates her. thats why she is so spoiled/rash when in south korea. she have dark past that not revealed yet. but in north korea she changed became funny and reliable person,maybe because of ri jeong hyeok . in prologue it shown she changed from not to waiting a person and last eps she overworked her worker in christmas day but she makes decoration christmas tree for ri jeong hyeok.

and of course all supporting cast for this drama.they all talented and have a lot experience in movieland/kdrama in this industry. their scene always gold,it was first time in drama that their scene also important as main lead.

they put good ambience for the story. well it backs to  writer park ji eun to put their story in this drama

Loves-Emergency-Landing-Korean-drama-scr

Hyun-Bin-Loves-Emergency-Landing-Crash-L

this scene maybe for ending or just opening drama ? they spotted in switzerland

• Like 13

12 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Has anyone of you seen/watched HB's Late Autumn? I'm looking at it right now & I don't recall ever seeing it.

The kiss scene in that movie was ..... OH MY GOD!!!

If they could do something as stupendous in CLOY I would DIE!!!

So, I waited for my episode 8 kiss... Didn't get it. Still enjoyed the show, though a proper kiss would have helped inflame my passions even more because of this two week break. Think Devilish Joy kind of kiss. I'm still watching tho. I think my attraction to this couple is that they are two nice people who I just want to see end up together because I like to see good things happen to good people. 

Spoiler

I needed proper kisses either at the car or school scene (or an arm pillow when they shared the bed in hospital, or when she gave him medicine in Ep 8)... Come on Directornim!! :angry: lol

rmfj8Yu.jpg

WOMAN IS NUTS!! LOL!!

fQDdTWl.jpg

I love how the epilogues are being used to show the contrast / growth of the characters, especially SeRi. She would work her staff on Christmas Eve (It is someone else's birthday :lol:), but there she is in NK, making a tree and leaving a heart shaped card. She said she'd never wait for a man, but stayed up all night for Captain Ri and grilled him like a wife. They really bond me to her character. 

In the scene where SeRi asks Captain about his first love, there I was, smiling at myself, thinking that he is her first love. Being the mistress of projecting her thoughts and feelings onto Captain Ri, I'm sure that conversation will be revisited when they discover they knew one another from Switzerland. She obviously fell for him in NK, but he has thought about her since Switzerland. 10 years? He's amazing!

And when she tells him that he's one of the Motae Solo people, that's just like her, forever alone! SeRi - mistress of Projection!!

Y'all!! A wounded and bleeding and ashy lipped Captain Ri is what I have been missing in my life!! And the size of his biceps? Was it that coat he was wearing? :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Knv3TbM.jpg

YES!! GIMME MORE!!

D0KDggT.jpg

I'm not sure if SeRi had a red face, eyes and nose because of makeup or because she was actually crying, but I almost cried. If she had snot running from her nose, I would have shed the tears I felt at the back of my eyes.

Spoiler

1BbmQRR.jpg

njKEdpS.jpg

SQUAD GOALS!!

SNoNhOR.jpg

Edit: How is this man almost 50???!!

Spoiler

7grcN8d.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 5

Thing i guessed the most (or maybe most of us guessed so) is that JH's dad arranged for her leaving. Then Dan came to meet JH, convince him to forget her. JH found the truth that his father is behind of everything that why he came to beg him. 

Seri is sent back to SK but look like she lost everything to her brother but she doesn't care about it anymore.

JH found her in SK with helping from his father. He got the watch from Seri then need to come back to NK for final investigation. 

And Seri will come with him officially for a business deal somehow. 

Anyway, it's still a long way to go. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 3

@africandramalover i'll just quote here in red what you wrote about his movie Late Autumn:

The kiss scene in that movie was ..... OH MY GOD!!!

If they could do something as stupendous in CLOY I would DIE!!!

I just finished watching it & yes you're absolutely right about their kiss scene hahaha that's really a hawt one wasn't it? hahaha I guess they won't do that in CLOY coz of PG13? :wub:

I always enjoy reading our comrades' diff views etc about the drama & I'd say it again ep 8 must be the best so far bc of their exchanges of words, etc let alone their kiss scenes! oh noooo we hv to wait another week? it's like a repeat of what we'd been through last week...of torture in waiting?

Kudos to the casting of this drama esp the excellent team of HB/SYJ....great great actors! Love them both! Let's hope that next epis the ratings would reach up to 15 or 20 :) they deserve to be on TOP!!!! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The thread is moving so fast I cannot keep up anymore. Anyway, sharing some thoughts I have after watching this week's episodes:

~ I love that the romance is finally progressing, we've got a kiss and they have a quiet understanding of where each of them stands in the other's heart even though they may say otherwise.

~ Yay for YSR's two loyal minions who managed to get a meeting with her dad!

~ Yay for Ear for lying to his boss! So proud of him, although worried too...

~ I had wished that RJH will get to see the watch, but no, so what will happen to the important watch? That is the watch he gifted his brother, right? Well, since I am guessing that YSR is taken by RJH's dad, here's hoping the watch will somehow land in their house and RJH comes across it.

~ It's high time to show us some backstory of the evil guy. Is he just power hungry or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against the Ri family? He is getting one-dimensional for me, and I don't even bothered to remember his name yet.

~ Surprisingly, SD's mother wants to make sure that most of all SD will find happiness through her marriage with RJH. So I see her as being the person who will call off the wedding when she remembers there is another girl in his heart. And I also think that the family having a department store as their main business will come into play later on. Who knows, maybe Seri's Choice will make a launching of NK's branch in the department store? With Seri's ways of currying favors, I can see her easily winning SD's mother over to her side :lol: then maybe they will work together to advance the fashion and cosmetics line in NK :D

Tht watch must hv been taken fm her by her abductors and will soon  lead to those involved in the brutal murder of his brother.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, L A said:

Plot twist: Pyo Chi Su and Dan's mother become a couple :w00t:

OMG !! This is the funniest comment ever hahahaha!! These 2 are the funniest characters in the drama and them becoming a couple is gonna be the most awesome thing ever LOL!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

Hello fellow comrades, 

I've been lurking here since a few episodes into the show and your comments have all been fun and insightful to read. Ep 7 and 8 have been amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. I can't wait to see what happens to our beloved JH and SR next. 

My thoughts for EP 8:

- JH ended up where he started the show, in the middle of the forest. I thought it was poignant for him to instinctively go there to try and find her. 

- I think SD inadvertently might have saved SR by speaking to JH's dad who in turn took SR away in time before creepy corrupt truck commander found her. JH will likely find SR through his dad and things will be unraveled about the brother and the creepy corrupt truck commander (I am not bothering to remember his name lol) because of the watch that SR was going to give him. I think Man Bok might help in some way for this. 

I have more thoughts but it's all jumbled up at the moment. Time for a re-watch of ep 7 and 8, counting down to Saturday!!!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 South Korean Dramas That Feature North Korea

1. Crash Landing On You

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Year: 2019 | Starring: Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin

Topping our list of the South Korean dramas that feature North Korea is Crash Landing On You. In this K-drama, Son Ye-jin plays a South Korean heiress named Yoon Se-ri who crash lands her paraglider in North Korea. A North Korean army officer played by Hyun Bin finds her, and the two develop an unlikely romance despite geopolitical challenges.

Crash Landing On You is first on our list not only because it’s newest, but also because it offers the most in-depth look at North Korea out of any K-drama. Most of the drama’s scenes occur in North Korea, and we get to see not only Pyongyang but also the countryside. The drama shows mundane aspects of North Korean life like haircuts and taking the train, and also spends a lot of time exploring the linguistic and cultural differences between North and South. Crash Landing With You is not only entertaining—it’s quite educational about inter-Korean relations.

Note: Crash Landing On You is currently available on Netflix.

https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2018/02/10-south-korean-dramas-feature-north-korea/

현빈♡손예진, 질투하다 사랑에 빠졌다?! (질투 모음집) | 사랑의불시착 Crash Landing on You EP.9

really miss this bickering jealous (which mostly ri jeong hyeok ) side of them

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

56 minutes ago, africandramalover said:
  2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Has anyone of you seen/watched HB's Late Autumn? I'm looking at it right now & I don't recall ever seeing it.

Of course!

One  of the longer (2:50) kissing scenes in the history of cinema, great.

Very, very good film.
HB was 26 at that time.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The thread is moving so fast I cannot keep up anymore. Anyway, sharing some thoughts I have after watching this week's episodes:

~ I love that the romance is finally progressing, we've got a kiss and they have a quiet understanding of where each of them stands in the other's heart even though they may say otherwise.

~ Yay for YSR's two loyal minions who managed to get a meeting with her dad!

~ Yay for Ear for lying to his boss! So proud of him, although worried too...

~ I had wished that RJH will get to see the watch, but no, so what will happen to the important watch? That is the watch he gifted his brother, right? Well, since I am guessing that YSR is taken by RJH's dad, here's hoping the watch will somehow land in their house and RJH comes across it.

~ It's high time to show us some backstory of the evil guy. Is he just power hungry or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against the Ri family? He is getting one-dimensional for me, and I don't even bothered to remember his name yet.

~ Surprisingly, SD's mother wants to make sure that most of all SD will find happiness through her marriage with RJH. So I see her as being the person who will call off the wedding when she remembers there is another girl in his heart. And I also think that the family having a department store as their main business will come into play later on. Who knows, maybe Seri's Choice will make a launching of NK's branch in the department store? With Seri's ways of currying favors, I can see her easily winning SD's mother over to her side :lol: then maybe they will work together to advance the fashion and cosmetics industry in NK :D

This! I like the actor but not the character. It's not because he is a baddie. He is a stock baddie. What is his motivation? Why does he hate the brothers? He has such single-mindedness in bringing JH down. Don't tell me it just boils down to jealousy. Is it because JH's brother found out about his secret troops?

Every time he comes on screen now, it's his glaring at JH, trying to best JH at verbal sparring (and so far not succeeding).

Tell me more! Why is he such a baddie! Maybe something will be revealed in the next two episodes....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

This thread moves like a flash! 

I agree with some speculation here for episode 9. We’ll see who and how SeRi was kidnapped. 

It’s been a while watching drama that took my emotion like this. If TVN has awards, this drama deserves the award and best couple for sure! But if I’m not mistaken, TVN doesn’t have awards, right? 

• Like 10

13 hours ago, L A said:

Looks like our second leads still have the chance to be together. I'm rooting for this too.

Rooting for this couple too! I can already see the chemistry in the few scenes they have together. SD probably have more of a puppy crush on RH but I hope she will fall deeply in love with SJ. I actually love the actress portraying SD (So Ji Hye)- she's so beautiful and elegant and cool.

And SJ is such a fascinating character - I am waiting for his character development which I am quite sure will happen (hopefully sooner than later). Kim Jung Hyun's acting is stellar and multi-faceted. Though SJ wanting that fake marriage with SR is probably for his own benefit but I believe in his own way, he was trying to protect SR too from getting killed by the villains.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, Site Admin said:

Back in the military village where the love birds took refuge after the snow storm, I noticed how RJH had been so attached to Seri, grabbing her arm, after she gave him his medicine. It was a very instinctive move that show us he refuses to let her out of his sight. She has become his reason for living. I am totally sold to his line about living in hell for the rest of his life if something happens to Seri. That's how deeply he's in love with her now.

I doubt if he'd ever be inclined to let Seri go, especially now that he knows that she loves him too. The lengths he's willing to go to just to be with her. I mean, it's already a given that he may lose his life doing this.

Also, I will not underestimate the importance of that scene when Ju Mok interpreted what UF and babe magnet. He looked hopeless after his conversation with the conman GSJ, I even thought he might just let Seri be if not for that fangirl's comment about Seri's feelings for him. :P

His action when he grabbed Seri's arms after she passed him the glass of water transported me back to the scene when they both took shelter at a school during the snow storm, when JH told her that her planned to marry SJ was not a joke and Seri's reply was their situation was not a joke either.. This showed maturity for both of them although some of their decisions I could assume were clouded with love. Well, who wouldn't right when you love the person soo very much?

When Seri asked JH who was his first love, and JH didn't reply a thing; I wanted him soo much to answer Seri was his first love.. But I guess the writer has a point on why she did not make JH answer that. Perhaps JH has Seri as the answer in his mind but didn't want to tell herself. Maybe? Ah, another 5 days to Saturday 18th!!

• Like 13