[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

12 hours ago, margerytka said:

I love MLFTS and Producers very much. Tried to watch LOTBS but can't really get into that.

10 hours ago, attriste said:

Once again SYJ and HB are kicking it out of the park with their emoting. Usually I get annoyed when “things are meant to be left unsaid” in dramas cos either the acting or writing falls short, but this time round it’s no stretch of imagination when words are absent. 

Can't agree with you more on this! They can really "speak" with their eyes and facial expression! No words spoken yet so much feelings transpired. Cuz of CLOY, I've also started watching SYJ and HB previous works like Last Princess, Secret Garden and even Hyde Jekyll Me, and their acting there is also amazing and sucks me right into their emotions! Bravo!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

My dear fellow CLOY fans,

There are calamities and tragic events that are happening right now around the world and I hope for everyone's safety.

:heart:

Started with an off-topic one and so I want to add these gifs. I keep replaying Ep 7 and 8 and I am grateful that Netflix is not complaining.:lol: 

233dabf8a6bae3be3d30f6747b9dcf11121ee50fc9822e0ea90323033d641563b04b62eb9b8b2497

Credit: kdramanewbie

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 18
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

10 South Korean Dramas That Feature North Korea

1. Crash Landing On You

Year: 2019 | Starring: Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin

Topping our list of the South Korean dramas that feature North Korea is Crash Landing On You. In this K-drama, Son Ye-jin plays a South Korean heiress named Yoon Se-ri who crash lands her paraglider in North Korea. A North Korean army officer played by Hyun Bin finds her, and the two develop an unlikely romance despite geopolitical challenges.

Crash Landing On You is first on our list not only because it’s newest, but also because it offers the most in-depth look at North Korea out of any K-drama. Most of the drama’s scenes occur in North Korea, and we get to see not only Pyongyang but also the countryside. The drama shows mundane aspects of North Korean life like haircuts and taking the train, and also spends a lot of time exploring the linguistic and cultural differences between North and South. Crash Landing With You is not only entertaining—it’s quite educational about inter-Korean relations.

Note: Crash Landing On You is currently available on Netflix.

https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2018/02/10-south-korean-dramas-feature-north-korea/

Thanks for this article!! Totally agree with this cuz before that, I've only seen/ read about North Korea Kim's regime and its dictatorial ruling of the country. This drama humanises that North Korean civilians (the ajuhmmas, and even the government officers (eg. Rat and the soldier ducklings). I've now seen many videos of North Korean defectors who ask everyone to look at North Korea's people and how they are also human beings, and not just at the ruling government who is only like 1% of the population esp the Kim dictators.

Also want to add a few minor scenes in Ep 8 that really stood out to me :

1) When SR sat SJ and his assistant (?) down and conducted a meeting with them on how they will plan her escape. That was so funny cuz she's back to being the controlling CEO she is back in South Korea. Love all the comic relief in between the emo scenes

2) The super funny and yet touching scene of SD's mom in her morning hangover when she had NO recollection of the secrets revealed to her (LOL) and then that final moment where she held SD's hand and said she only wanted her to be happy. From comic scene to an emo one this time!

Salute to the writer and the director for these scenes and script!!

• Like 18
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

This week bts :lol:

Thanks for the video! I love their interactions with each other. They are so comfortable around each other, I can't stop smiling when I see them together. They can be so playful with each other but yet professional at the same time. So much to swoon about the both of them.:heart:

Anyway, I realize this thread has been moving at lightning speed. I am glad to see more people participating in discussing about the drama. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Another thought that crossed my mind was whether NK celebrated Christmas? Or did everyone just look at SR funny while she dragged a tree inside? She handmade the decorations, so perhaps it was supposed to be just a special celebration with JH who would have been familiar with Christmas from his time in Switzerland.

Anyway, when I first started watching kdramas, I remember that they kept talking about guys who had "melo" eyes, and I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Looking at JH's eyes, though, I totally know what "melo" eyes mean. Such emotions in those eyes as they look at SR. But, even more as they were frantic with worry at SR's call, then died a little bit with the gunshot.

Sorry for this ramble. Did I read on one of the posts that there might not be any episodes next week because of Lunar New Year??? I hope not. It seems like such a long wait to get this week's episodes even.

Enjoyed reading your thots!

On NK celebrating Christmas, I saw in a video by a NK defector that though they don't celebrate (no religious festive allowed, except to celebrate birthdays of the Kims), they still practice giving out gifts in December. And yes, I also have the same thot that JH would have experienced Christmas celebration in Switzerland.

Hyun Bin definitely have one of the most "melo" pair of eyes in k-ent! And I've seen them in action in his other dramas and movies too. But also love how he also can play comedic scenes so well. He's really a flexible actor!

Yeah, another long wait next week cuz Lunar New Year (Chuseok in SK) is a big festive and everyone will be on break that weekend. It's gonna be torturous!

7 hours ago, BoyzwithLuv said:

Is it this?

Thanks for this!! I love this song cuz it fit so well into the scene and also the NK scenario. The rural setting makes everything seems so nostalgic and old school, so these older songs really bring out the emotions well. Well done to the director and whoever selected the music and songs!

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Just wanna say, I screamed so loudly in delight when SR and JH kissed. My husband came in and asked me what was wrong and I yelled back excitedly that they had kissed in Episode 7. (Jumping up and down in glee) :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Just finished Ep 8. :bawling: don’t really have anything to add on to everyone’s posts here since I’m a little late to the discussion, but was just thinking if JCK had been the one to find SR and taken her away, he would not have allowed her to call JH, right? His plan was to make her a SK spy, and implicate JH’s family. So by letting her call JH would probably derail his evil plans.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

So did y'all realise that Kaesong where the Ahjumma Squad lives is a parody of SKY Castle? The Old Racoons wife reprises her role as Myung Ju, Mother of Young Jae.  Alarm bells went off in my head immediately she started talking. Hmm!! Where have I seen her say something like this before!!!???:D

I mean.... just watch the conversation they had about the kids education!! I am on the floor!!:lol:

SKY CASTLE - North Korea Edition!!

Myung Joo is being judgy of the other mothers.

RGqz8cx.jpg

CBrn0oP.jpg

The Queen Bee - Seo Jin wants information on how she does it.

xfVQPlK.jpg

Spoiler

Myung Joo - Stingy AF!!!!!! Introduces Coach KIM, who is a SKY North Korea Graduate and very popular in the upper class of the village!!

oyGlLQ1.jpg

Damn Credentials!!

4Ghe1Ny.jpg

Only The BEST for her precious baby!!

YtZS2sE.jpg

Seo Jin wants some help for her YeSeo.  Give me the portfolio!!

Aad08V5.jpg

Myung Ju The MEANIE shuts that down!! :lol:

qtE4OCW.jpg

Is this payback for calling her hubby an OLD RACOON!! KARMA!!

msxy5gZ.jpg

Seo Jin Butters Myung Joo up!!

NR64adT.jpg

Really butters her up!!  I think she was even kneeling by Myung Joo!!:lol:

WZGccO4.jpg

Compare and contrast. Who is WHO?

Spoiler

jTk53Ef.jpg

sZVvSjK.jpg

CPr1GTe.jpg

l902uFk.jpg

GjnSxRz.jpg

Will Kaesang Myung Joo die while saving SeRi? She did kill herself in SKY Castle... Will she be killed for being complicit? In real life she would be taken to those labour camps....

I really should get back to doing my dissertation!!! I might miss my graduation at this rate!!

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Cuz of CLOY, I've also started watching SYJ and HB previous works like Last Princess, Secret Garden and even Hyde Jekyll Me, and their acting there is also amazing and sucks me right into their emotions! Bravo!

Just to add more..If u haven't watch The Truth Beneath,please watch...

Thats my favourite role of SYJ..

Btw,the kiss scene in bts more passionate and hot than in the drama.

No wonder the nurse said deep kiss and vulgar:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

Until now, we've watched two kisses:

1. A fake kiss:

c701f720318ecf59ac8ef39ac026dbe2d08e4ab2

2. A real one, but RJH was hurt and not in good condition (he was even connected to an intravenous drip):

21ab78af6a4d7fda184dafef70d90b07574a84c5

Credit: kdramanewbie

If you've watched Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin other works, you know that they can shoot some good passionate kisses. So I hope the PD will exploit their full potential ;)

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 11
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, margerytka said:

Mthink there was no scene.
And maybe the drama will end just like an old Korean story about lovers meeting from time to time..  [just like MLFTS)

Totaly agree, that's the feeling i have about this Drama. They will get together  any time each year but i don't like the idea. Maybe in another country where NKs can go. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images . Remove before posting . Thanks
  • Like 6