[Upcoming Drama 2024] Love Me, 러브 미- Im Soo Jung & Yoo Jae Myung

larus

Drama:Love Me

Hangul: 러브 미

Genre:

Network:

Episodes:

Director:

Writer: Park Eun-young (Hwarang, Housewife Detective, I Have Not Done My Best Yet) , Park Hee-kwon (Vivid Romance, The Thrid Charm, Housewife Detective, I Have Not Done My Best Yet)

Release Date:

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Drama Love Me showcases the growth of a woman who has nothing but beauty, wealth, and honor. It will also reveal the conflicts of a selfish yet ordinary family. 

Notes

Love Me will be the Korean remake of the Swedish drama of the same name.

Cast

Im Soo Jung as Seo Joon Kyung

Yoo Jae Myung as Seo Jin Ho

Character descriptions

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

by lo_ve, July 27, 2023
15 16

Im Soo Jung and Yoo Jae Myung will be the main leads of the upcoming K-drama titled Love Me.

The media outlet Star News shared an exclusive report on July 27th stating that Im Soo Jung and Yoo Jae Myung will be working together for the upcoming K-drama Love Me

Love Me will be the Korean remake of the Swedish drama of the same name. It will showcase the growth of a woman who has nothing but beauty, wealth, and honor. It will also reveal the conflicts of a selfish yet ordinary family. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the collaboration of writers Park Eun Young (Hwarang) and Park Hee Kwon (I Have Not Done My Best Yet and The Third Charm).

Im Soo Jung will play the role of Seo Joon Kyung. She works as a gynecologist who appears to be perfect on the outside but in reality, she is lonely. 

Yoo Jae Myung will play the role of Seo Jin Ho, a man who is unhappy after his wife died due to an unexpected accident.  

There are no official details yet on when and where the upcoming K-drama will be released. 

XdZzXZ_2f.png

This will be the comeback K-drama of Im Soo Jung after two years. She last starred in the K-drama Melancholia with Lee Do Hyun, Jin Kyung, Choi Dae Hoon, Oh Gwang Rok, and Woo Da Vi

Im Soo Jung will also star in the upcoming movie Single in Seoul with Lee Dong Wook, Esom, Lee Mi Do, Jang Hyun Sung, and Lee Sang Yi. She will also be part of the star-studded movie Cobweb

Yoo Jae Myung on the other hand is set to star in several upcoming K-dramas such as The Good Man, Song of the Bandits, Country and Nation, Firemen, and Open Murder Contract

He will also join the long list of upcoming films such as Portrait of a Family, Finding the King, The Land of Happiness, Harbin, and CSAT: Secret of Exam Questions.

https://mydramalist.com/article/im-soo-jung-and-yoo-jae-myung-to-lead-the-korean-remake-of-a-swedish-series

• Like 3

Lim Soo-jung and Yoo Jae-myeong, the main characters in the remake of the Swedish drama 'Love Me'

0003170526_001_20230727162601214.jpg&typ

Actors Im Soo-jeong and Yoo Jae-myeong will appear in a Korean remake of a Swedish drama.

As a result of Star News' exclusive coverage on the 27th, it was confirmed that Lim Soo-jung and Yoo Jae-myung were cast as the main characters in the new drama 'Love Me'.

Based on the Swedish drama of the same name, 'Love Me' depicts the growth of a woman who has wealth, honor, and good looks, but has nothing but wealth, honor, and good looks. Also, 'Love Me' is expected to show the conflicts and conflicts of a selfish yet ordinary family, faithful only to their feelings.

Lim Soo-jung seems to be a wannabe single with perfect looks and abilities, but she plays Seo Jun-kyung, an obstetrician and gynecologist who is terribly lonely. Yoo Jae-myung takes on the role of Seo Jin-ho, who feels lonely after his wife leaves the world in an unfortunate accident and then falls into regret that she did not do her best for her.

The screenplay for 'Love Me' was written by Park Eun-young and Park Hee-kwon, who wrote MBC's 'Three Color Fantasy - Vivid Romance', JTBC's 'The Third Charm', and Teabing's 'I Haven't Did My Best Yet'.

Im Soo-jeong is currently preparing for the release of the movie 'The Spider's House'. Lim Soo-jung made her first Cannes red carpet appearance this year when her 'Spider's House' was invited to the non-competition section of the 76th Cannes Film Festival. 'The Spider's House' depicts what happens in the 1970s, when director Kim, who believes that only the ending of a film that has been filmed will become a masterpiece, pushes ahead with filming under adverse conditions, such as censorship, actors and producers who do not understand the changes, and are on the verge of going crazy. It is a work.

On the 20th, Yoo Jae-myeong finished filming 'Finding the King', a sci-fi masterpiece scheduled to be released in the summer of 2024. Last month, the movie 'SAT, The Secret of the Question' was cranked up. Currently, he has been offered a role in the new drama 'Public Murder Contract' and is reviewing it.

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2023072716131881702

• Like 2

14 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Saw the news of this drama and now I'm watching the Swedish original in anticipation! Hopefully I can watch the Australian adaptation too... A very, extremely lonely female lead? The story is right up my alley!

I like the cast and I hope the story is good. Give us your impressions after watching the original and Australian adaptation. 

• Like 1

News bites: July 29, 2023

by tccolb

Im Soo-jung (Melancholia) is becoming Yoo Jae-myung’s (Hometown) daughter for the Korean drama remake of Love Me. Based on the Swedish series Älska mig, production is still in the early stages with scripts by Park Eun-young and Park Hui-kwon. The two writers have worked together previously on The Third Charm and I Haven’t Done My Best Yet. [Star News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-29-2023/

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:09 PM, larus said:

Give us your impressions after watching the original and Australian adaptation. 

So far so good.:thumbsup: I've just finished season 1.

I don't know if Korea will keep the s£x scenes and slight nudity in.... It's relevant to the story and not gratuitous, but KDramas can be so annoyingly prudish in mature storylines!:angry:.

The story is solid and well written and I am in love with the characters. Hopefully the adaptation won't have idols and actors who can't deliver because this is a story to be delivered, not an opportunity to look good or capitalise on idol popularity. I am eager to hear who the rest of the cast will be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

So far so good. I've just finished season 1.

It is a seasonal drama? I hope Korean adaptation takes the important things and tell the story in one season.

I am glad it is a drama for the mature audience. Looking forward to see the Korean version.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, larus said:

It is a seasonal drama? I hope Korean adaptation takes the important things and tell the story in one season.

I am glad it is a drama for the mature audience. Looking forward to see the Korean version.

It's only two seasons of 6 episodes each. Every plotpoint is important so I expect they'll modify some of the scenes to suit broadcasting sensibilities. I don't know if they'll have the adaptation licence to do more than that with the IP, because it then becomes a different story.

Im Soo Jung fits the female lead. I can see her pulling off the comedic vibe of her character. I was smiling all through the episodes, so I hope they can maintain and deliver the comedy drama tone with a Korean twist.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, africandramalover said:

It's only two seasons of 6 episodes each.

Oh, yeah, like the British series. Three of each 6 episodes is fine.

I am surprised that there is humor in the drama. When I read the synospis I thought it is a melodrama, it gave me a sad vibe. Now I am looking forward to watch this drama even more. Thanks for your insights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, larus said:

I am surprised that there is humor in the drama. When I read the synospis I thought it is a melodrama, it gave me a sad vibe

The Korean one sounds very melodramatic... Even the Swedish one sounded melodramatic, but the first scene starts on a comedic tone as the main character suffers through her loneliness. It's all warmth and heart and emotional problems from there onwards. Hopefully they won't reduce the counterbalancing comedic-ness because the topics discussed are heavy. 

This Korean one emphasises wealth, while the Swedish one doesn't. Do they want to make her of chaebol lineage? Do they want to make her very successful in her gynae practice to explain the wealth? The Swedish one is very middle-class Sweden (they don't obsess with class like Korea does).

I think I'll wait to hear more about the cast and characters instead of getting caught up my conjecture :D hopefully this info will be coming soon, because I bet they've already started shooting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I think I'll wait to hear more about the cast and characters instead of getting caught up my conjecture :D hopefully this info will be coming soon, because I bet they've already started shooting.

I will start watching without having seen the original. You will have expectations. I hope it will be a good remake.

I`ve seen Korean good adaptations and not so good.

I will watch the Swedish series but after the Korean version. You made me very curious.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...