Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Lawyerh Romance? You serious? You try to sell me a romantic drama? :D 

@bedifferent Sounds you had a hell of a ride. I still haven't finished The Witcher yet and don't know if I will. The storytelling really is confusing and after the Yennefer wind nude scene and everything, boy, the drama really lost me somehow. 

So I should really watch SF is what you want to tell me :D

@SushimiI did watch Queendom. Park Bom is a good singer, but she changed so dramatically that I can't take her serious anymore. Such a waste. 

8 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

@bedifferent Sounds you had a hell of a ride. I still haven't finished The Witcher yet and don't know if I will. The storytelling really is confusing and after the Yennefer wind nude scene and everything, boy, the drama really lost me somehow. 

Till which ep you watched? It's confusing as hell at the beginning, but everything comes together at the end. I think once you are in 6th ep, things really starts making sense. And Yennefer's nude scene is bothering you? C'mon you are kidding me, right? You inhaled all the seasons of GoT with such passion. I believe Witcher has much less explicit scenes than GoT. I couldn't understand what Yennefer's deal was until much later. She was so badass in the last ep. 

Yeah so I think you should give it another try!!! 

• Like 2

@Dhakra please ....you  love romantic dramas . Don’t deny it . I can name so many :P
You mean One Spring Night or Plus Nine Boys are mystery thrillers? 

I am up to eps 12 of Fairy . Really had no time to write as  I was out of town . Let’s see if I can do two more this week . 

23 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Gracious Revenge is so gloomy, full of hatred and I really shuddered from watching just one second on YouTube short clips. The scary scene of the daughter attempting suicide by drowning was like a horror movie :scream:

I have a feeling you like to watch human psychology, and the dark side of human nature, right?? :) 

I used to be like that in the past because of my study of literature, where we used to analyze characters, but now, somehow, it seems a bit exhausting.

so I had no real answer for you yesterday but after lots of thought while getting my hair cut, I do!... so I think my drama philosophy can be best captured in the quote which is in my footer -- “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” that's the point of watching dramas for me -- I want to walk away with the feeling "yea, your day might suck, you may be going through this tough phase but tomorrow will get better." when dramas have this mix of realistic problems with a dash of optimism, then I am in!

it is why revenge dramas like gracious revenge don't phase me. there are people like that in real life who are awful but it is satisfying to watch a drama knowing that these idiots will get their due in time. when dramas fail on that aspect, then it ticks you off and you wonder why you put in the effort of watching.

the other point is I like characters that feel lived in. even in cartoons for kids, the characters have surprising depth. they get mad, they are selfish and they struggle to forgive -- that's real even for good people. so I want characters that feel real. fluffy dramas without small amounts of character depth just bore me. if a cartoon can manage to inject depth, then a drama should be able to no?

in terms of romance, there has to be conflict. this is actually the rule of good romance writing which romance authors often share -- there has to be a believable conflict and it is not about which side is right but how these characters manage to overcome and come to a believable conclusion. then you have a winning romance even if there is every trope and cliche in the book. some romances I just can't get behind when I dislike the characters. in that case, there has to be something else in the drama for me to keep watching where I just ignore the romance.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, cenching said:

I am sure CLOY thread is choked full with images and gifs #StaresAccusinglyAt @Ameera Ali. I can barely load a page....:crazy:

I agree! My entire screen would turn white (as in blank) every time I attempt to reload the page. It has difficulty loading ... seriously, that's why I might as well sleep early. Zzzz .... Time Check, Philippine Standard Time: 11:20 pm... 

+2

• LOL 2

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it is why revenge dramas like gracious revenge don't phase me. there are people like that in real life who are awful but it is satisfying to watch a drama knowing that these idiots will get their due in time. when dramas fail on that aspect, then it ticks you off and you wonder why you put in the effort of watching.

well, for me I can watch "wanna Taste" because it less gloomy than "Gracious Revenge". It discusses equally serious subjects, but it has some comic vibe in it. 

But in general, I find your taste for drama tends towards the deeper subjects :) That's why you were not interested in Home for Summer and Unasked Family. 

+2 

• Like 3

+2

@kokodusI think 6. 

I didn't say it was bothering me. Hey I'm a guy after all,  so seeing a nice nude girl is nothing I am against. :D It just felt so forced. I don't know, it wasn't the scene that stopped me watching. I will continue somewhen later.

@triplem"So many"? You named two and I wouldn't call either of them Romantic dramas. Yes, they both had romantic elements, but it wasn't the main plot of the dramas. It was so much more. I don't like dramas that really just spin around romantic and these unrealistic scenarios they present. 

One Night Spring and PNB were so close to life. 

About Fairy, I really forgot how good the episode were, especially around the end. It is still such a cozy drama to watch.

@bairama Crash Landing on You released episodes 7 and 8 this weekend so I guess you can say we are halfway through the drama. I love it so much that a part of me can't wait to see how the rest of it goes and how it concludes but then there's another part of me that wishes it would never end. :joy:

As for Chocolate, there are now 13 episodes available. 

@Ameera Ali I adore his dimples! He doesn't even need to smile so wide for them to show. If he so much smirks, the dimple appears! I honestly don't know how he has managed to stay single. 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, stroppyse said:

Wow, that is a kiss! I haven't started Chocolate yet, but it's on my list to watch, even more so after that kiss and voiceover! Is this drama over yet, though?

This was a nice kiss as well. It's funny since I know that HB started as being a romantic lead, but I've gotten so used to seeing him in action roles, he doesn't seem as comfortable with romance any more? Notice that I won't say this on the CLoY thread though, for fear of being lynched.

HB is just so yummy though. :wub:

I'm the opposite, I've only seen HB in romantic dramas so I can't even imagine him being in action. I personally felt like that kiss was perfect considering their circumstances. They're in NK and both of them know that it's almost impossible for them to be together given the situation. But I love the look in Captain Ri's face before he goes in for that kiss. You can tell there's an internal struggle going on and I thought that him going in for that kiss was such a turning point.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:13 AM, kokodus said:

I think HB is a fairly good kisser. As far as kiss scenes are concerned I think they just follow what the director tells them to do. I also think yesterday's kiss, though not hot was appropriate given how he is just back from surgery and all. LOL. Personally, I feel soft kisses are more meaningful. I melt. 

Among the Binnie's kisses this one is my all time favourite. It's passionate but at the same time you can also the feel the longingness and love.

I agree with you @kokodus this is one of my all time favourites as well.

On 1/12/2020 at 3:21 AM, Lawyerh said:

My fav ost from Chocolate

@Lawyerh same! It's my favourite OST from Chocolate as well and have it on repeat. All the feels!!

On 1/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, ktcjdrama said:

It is not depressing at all actually, at least for me. I find the drama to be soothing and healing. Yes there are deaths in the drama but they were written beautifully. 

I agree. I actually almost didn't watch Chocolate because I thought it would be too melo and depressing. But I soon realized that it's actually not depressing. I would describe it as more "touching" than anything. Sure, the stories of those in the hospice make you cry but their individual stories are also quite lovely in themselves.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:21 AM, kokodus said:

Hyun bin oppa is my UF too..... Kekekeke

See I like Kim Jung hyun, his Tae swoon will always be close to my heart, but seriously hate his character in CLOY. Ughhhhh I have words and they are not nice. 

OMG YESSSSS she took off. That's my girl!!!!! In your face, bastard!!!! 

Hahaha! HB is my UF too! Honestly, I was panicking when YS just let Captain Ri walk away but when she got on the car... YAAASSSS!!! And thank you for sharing that video of all of Captain Ri's jealous and pouty faces! :wub:

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I have to say that I'm actually not super into movies that are just romance, even though I keep rooting for the romance in kdramas. Hey, I never said I was consistent. :lol:

All that I can say is Hyun Bin.... :wub::wub:  Though, not sure when I'm watching CLoY whether it's his character Jeong Hyuk that I like or just that I like HB. I kind of consider that to be a tiny fail of the drama though that the story is not engaging me to the point that I lose awareness of the actors and just focus on the characters.

I think that is where BLWL has a small edge on me in terms of my interest. Jin Woo, Joon Hwi, and Cheong Ah are all just those characters, and I have to admit that I've been sucked in. 

Hahahaha! Funny because I actually asked myself this question earlier.. am I liking CLoY because of HB? But I've come to realize that although I LOVE HB, I do love the drama itself as well. But HB is the perfect actor to play Captain Ri. :wub:

35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so I had no real answer for you yesterday but after lots of thought while getting my hair cut, I do!... so I think my drama philosophy can be best captured in the quote which is in my footer -- “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” that's the point of watching dramas for me -- I want to walk away with the feeling "yea, your day might suck, you may be going through this tough phase but tomorrow will get better." when dramas have this mix of realistic problems with a dash of optimism, then I am in!

the other point is I like characters that feel lived in. even in cartoons for kids, the characters have surprising depth. they get mad, they are selfish and they struggle to forgive -- that's real even for good people. so I want characters that feel real. fluffy dramas without small amounts of character depth just bore me. if a cartoon can manage to inject depth, then a drama should be able to no?

in terms of romance, there has to be conflict. this is actually the rule of good romance writing which romance authors often share -- there has to be a believable conflict and it is not about which side is right but how these characters manage to overcome and come to a believable conclusion. then you have a winning romance even if there is every trope and cliche in the book. some romances I just can't get behind when I dislike the characters. in that case, there has to be something else in the drama for me to keep watching where I just ignore the romance.

@Lmangla I love this. Totally agree with you. The difference is that I don't mind fluffy dramas once in a while. Some times when RL is complicated, it's nice to be able to just watch something fluffy that makes me feel good without overthinking things.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@Lmangla I love this. Totally agree with you. The difference is that I don't mind fluffy dramas once in a while. Some times when RL is complicated, it's nice to be able to just watch something fluffy that makes me feel good without overthinking things.

thats why I love hallmark movies. kekeke... but even with that, I find some movies boring when they lack depth. some actors are just good with adding a nuance that makes you feel like this is a sweet story that could happen in real life too!

33 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

But in general, I find your taste for drama tends towards the deeper subjects :) That's why you were not interested in Home for Summer and Unasked Family. 

maybe? :) but for those 2 dramas, none of the actors just hooked me. happens.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

But I exclusively watch only fluffy dramas. LOL. Seriously though after having watched so many drama these past few years, it does get really bored for me when I can predict what will happen next according to the k-drama logic. I have to be genuinely interested atleast in one character for me to continue watching the drama. Most of the times I feel detached and bored once the couple gets together and I end up not watching the last few eps. LOL. 

@mouse007 Yeah right??? We all should watch more Hallmark movies. LOL. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, thanie said:

I agree! My entire screen would turn white (as in blank) every time I attempt to reload the page. It has difficulty loading ... seriously, that's why I might as well sleep early. Zzzz .... Time Check, Philippine Standard Time: 11:20 pm... 

+2

@thanie , @mouse007 @cenching

Omg oppa beauty in the picture & gif break the thread :joy:

I see pictures that shouldn’t be their :joy:

5e1cc3ad8a8ce758719672.gif?download

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I still haven't finished The Witcher yet and don't know if I will. The storytelling really is confusing and after the Yennefer wind nude scene and everything, boy, the drama really lost me somehow. 

Same.  I sort of lost the drive mid way.  Hubby watched all of it and I just caught snippets when I could and didn’t bother to watch the bits I missed.  I really only enjoyed Bard and his humor.  Yennefer... not so much.  I don't think I will even bother with S2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Basically, female characters should be either on par with male characters or sometimes even higher. No girls should be screaming and waiting for help, they should save themselves. Due to social norms, females are portrayed as ‘weaker’ and I want to change that. :) 

+2

@Sushimi, that FL in Voice is no damsel in distress. She can fight! 

I'm currently at this episode with ML starts to soften towards FL. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I realized that I really need romance (at least for me) to spice up the story... 

+2

• Love 2

31 minutes ago, cenching said:

凉 and 冷

凉 Is more like cool or refreshing.  Not so cold that you are uncomfortable or shivering.  So if you sit in front of a fan to cool down you would say it’s 凉爽

冷 is cold.  Like shivering cold.  Cold to touch.  Or a person is “cold”.  It generally denotes a certain level of discomfort.

That’s how I differentiate it.  @angelangie May want to put her 2 cents’ worth in.  I am not great at explaining language nuances, especially since Chinese is my second language.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1