Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Id-Idiotic? Ya ahjumma, I know your taste sometimes drifts into the garbage section, especially since you recommended me horrible dramas like "Something about 1%"  and maybe sometimes fuses meet in your brain cells that shouldn't meet that often, but be careful. :joy:

This is an off tangent argument. I wasn’t even talking about the quality of the dramas you watch . I am saying you do like romance, but you keep saying no when obviously all the dramas I hv listed have romance at its core . And no, I did  not say romance is only about kiss & skinship . Is that your idea of romance? Argue better :P

By the way , heck a lot of people like Something About 1%. - one man’s meat is another man’s poison.  After hard selling Manhole to me , you are in no position to criticise my drama taste . Aliens , Dhakra ....A.L.I.E.N.S

Edited by Guest

@LSGLMH_88 I am going to keep watching and see how it goes. Since I'm only on ep 2, not much has happened and yet and I've found that with long Chinese dramas like this, the earlier episodes are just setting the stage so I know it will require some patience on my part until the pace and story picks up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

This is an off tangent argument. I wasn’t even talking about the quality of the dramas you watch . I am saying you do like romance, but you keep saying no when obviously all the dramas I hv listed have romance at its core . And no, I did  not say romance is only about kiss & skinship . Is that your idea of romance? Argue better :P

By the way , heck a lot of people like Something About 1%. - one man’s meat is another man’s poison.  After hard selling Manhole to me , you are in no position to criticise my drama taste . Aliens , Dhakra ....A.L.I.E.N.S

I heavily disagree with the "at its core part"

Hey, to my defense, when I recommended Manhole there were no sights of Aliens yet and it was during the small timeframe where the drama actually was good. 

How could I foresee this richard simmons?

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha. This is why I love @triplemLOL. I don't think @Dhakra understand what romance is.....tsk tsk.

Btw I loved something about 1% too. Such a sweet love story. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I guess I'll have to think about this one.

Just give one or two episodes a try first. It’s that kind of drama you can decide immediately whether to continue or not after even just one episode. You can always stop when you don’t think it’s your cup of tea. 

I am probably too easily moved to tears, so don’t let my cry-baby tendency hold you back from this wonderful drama. It’s really the good kind of crying. One that made you feel glad afterwards, not the angsty type. The side stories are written beautifully as the growth journey for the main leads. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

+2

@stroppyse

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Also, backreading a bit, all I can say @Dhakra and @triplem, while I don't know what your dispute is about, I just had to comment on Manhole. Aliens.

I would not call it a dispute. We do this kind of stuff all the time. :D 

But yeah, Alien -_-

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha. This is why I love @triplemLOL. I don't think @Dhakra understand what romance is.....tsk tsk.

Btw I loved something about 1% too. Such a sweet love story. 

I probably know better than you do and all this RomComs are far away from real, actual love. Slice of Life lovestorys are way more accurate, especially since the romance plot is more shallow and not the "IN YOUR FACE"-kind.

Ofc you do ^_^^_^^_^

giphy.gif

Get KSJ'ed

@stroppyse as you and @kokodus both know that @Dhakra often like to say he’s not into romance in dramas . I was amused when he said it again when some of our friends here were trying to recommend Chocolate to him . I called him out on this & listed a number of dramas where romance is front & centre that  I remember him watching. Also not too Long ago he declared One Spring Night as one of the best dramas he’s seen ( OSN - the last I check is is a contemporary romance drama ! :w00t:

So anyway my final point - why would someone need to be the defender of second female leads ( isn’t that what you call yourself @Dhakra ? ) if there isn’t a love triangle. And the fact that there is a love triangle means that the drama has romance as part of its main focus . Ta-da ....I rest my case . 

By the way , you should hv argued better that what you didn’t like was fluffy rom-coms, not that you don’t like romance. ^_^:P I am not trying to sell Chocolate to you , but the others felt that you may like it because it is a matured slow burn romance . The protagonists are at least in their 30s and above . If anything, the OST & setting of the drama will probably catch your attention . 
————-

Hello @Sushimi ! 

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@thanie I saw the voice poster....I prefer the Korean version :ph34r:

No bias-ness, it’s just personal opinion. Psh. Jang Hyuk looks better. *shut the door*:joy:

@Sushimi, this is partly your fault, you know. You didn't warn me from the get-go that there's another version of this drama, thus, I mistakenly downloaded the wrong one. For the 1st 15 minutes, I thought it's an out-of-korea, with non-korean casts Korean drama. Well, to make the story short, the entire Ep.1 ended without the korean "feels" and I could only mutter to myself, "Holy  S**t, I got the wrong version$@#%" I'm so into Netflix, unfortunately the Korean version isn't available there ... 

My life need not be complicated, so I decided to move on right away and enjoy the whole Thai ride, though I find it really weird, you know ... Thai Language. My first time, thanks to you ... LOL!

*opening the door, shutting it again, this time with Louder a BANG!" Hahahahaha .... 

@Lawyerh, for a drama with too much hype, you feel sleepy

@Sejabin, you'll enjoy CLOY. Promise!

+2

• LOL 2

@stroppyse JW is a lovely surprise. It’s not so much the love triangle but it’s his relationship with JH that is very nice to watch . The cousins are a lot closer than I had expected. Also I often love how he deals with his Double x mum . The road ahead for the OTP will be tough . I think JW will be their pillar of support. 

@Ameera Ali @ktcjdrama I think 9.9bn dollars can’t fix our sinking ship :joy:

36 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So who says money is everything, right? :D only one thing can fix it then... a kiss!... Yes? No? :lol:

That’s what I think . 3 more eps left . If Chocolate can do it , so can this drama :joy:

@stroppyseThe main leads & OTP  are Kim Kang Woo and Jo Yeo Jong ( of Parasite fame )  . It is clear that they both like each other but there are too many obstacles that prevent them getting together including her still being legally married to an abusive psycho husband ( he refuses to divorce her ) and that their lives are constantly under threat while she goes after the 9.9billion dollars that seem to tossed around left , right & centre! It is a crazy drama .But very addictive, at least for me . I am not sure though if  it’s everyone’s cup of tea . 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I ocassionaly will dozed off nowadays.. age caught up... :lol: But actually Im not always into hype drama. Example : dots, secretary kim etc. 

But not to worry cloy i will continue, i like the 2nd lead story, and all those funny comrades. Eventho somehow im not too into the main lead romance now , my sis crazy about it tho... 

+2 

@Lawyerh, what I like so much about this drama is the entire cast. And how the writer managed to maintain it's comedic vibe :wub:

+2

• Like 1