Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@kokodus @triplem I am choosing to ignore her implausible situation and just power on to Ep2.  It’s a lot better in the rural setting of Doldam because the characters with their idiosyncrasies overshadow the medical side of things so it’s easier to close one eye.  The sterile  hospital setting in Seoul made the impossible stand out like a sore thumb.  I am liking the male lead and his backstory.  Dr Cha has been relegated to the background for now. I mean she’s not even a resident...she’s a fellow?  Which means she would’ve gone through her residency (years) in the hospital where she would’ve honed in on her specialty (surgery) and then decided hey I want to focus on cardio thoracic surgery?  She’s into her 2nd year as a CT fellow.  What?  How did she manage to get pass all those years of residency (and being in the theater daily cutting up people)  hiding her nausea?  I don’t know what the writer was thinking... <_<

Even the ER resident is more believable.  She looks a bit ditzy and in cloud nine half the time but I can deal with that.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

actually you should be thankful that it stay on top 10 as compare to the others MG is older :D released and still it maintain in the chart so that should tell u something

Yeah yeah I see your point. Still I thought this would be more popular because of the pineapple head. Hahaha. But I'm still happy that it's on the list. LOL. 

@nrllee Is it possible that she got this phobia during her residency? Maybe she lost someone close to her during that time and developed this phobia recently or something. Ok who am I kidding, it's just stupid that she would continue being on that speciality with this type of condition. LOL. 

@LSGLMH_88 I heard untamed is a BL type of story and I see that it's very popular in China which is kinda surprising to me. China used to be so conservative about these things, it's good to know that they had come to welcome everything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, I'm maxed on the weekends, but I have to say that I have nothing to watch during the weekdays when I have a bit of downtime. I thought about starting Chocolate, but feel that it's something that I would rather binge on rather than watching just an episode at a time.

I binged on 12 pieces of Chocolate in less than 3 days. Yes it’s definitely better to binge, just need to watch out that your tear ducts can take the crying when binging. So yeah, probably best not to do it in 3 days like I did :P 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Is it possible that she got this phobia during her residency? Maybe she lost someone close to her during that time and developed this phobia recently or something. Ok who am I kidding, it's just stupid that she would continue being on that speciality with this type of condition. LOL. 

No...:blink: Writer showed her vomiting even during human anatomy class back in Med school? That’s when the bulk of people bail in real life.  They throw you in the deep end first up... cadavers... if you can’t stomach it, then you transfer out to another course?  And you wouldn’t have wasted your time?  Male lead was in the same cohort as her and witnessed it too... 

She’s in denial all these years.  :blink:.  If you can’t even admit it, you’re never going to resolve it.  It’s just a ridiculous backstory.  I really dislike her character.  I am not sure she is redeemable in my eyes.  She’s not pitiable, she’s pathetic.  To choose to do surgery knowing full well she can’t stomach it and putting lives in danger means she’s not cut out to be a doctor.  Her pride gets in the way.  She’s a disaster waiting to happen.  Master Kim called it and told her off (said everything that I just said)...and she walked off in a huff and cried... <_<.  Still defensive.  Petulant that she worked so hard and he dared to tell her off for running out of the OR and leaving the patient... she’s banned from his OR.

Even the lollipop fanatic ER female resident is heaps better than Dr Cha.  At least she knows her limitations and knows her place.  Ditzy and Pollyanna like but I don’t mind her.  I am going to see if I can power through more episodes and ignore Dr Cha.  Although she’s female lead so her interactions with the male lead Dr Seo are many.  Not feeling the love between them.  Aside from her being a pretty face, what does he see in her?  I like all the other characters in Doldam though.  From the ingratiating Manager to the cranky head nurse and eccentric Orthopaedic Surgeon.  :lol:  That’s where the heart of the drama is.  I just hope Dr Cha doesn’t ruin it for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:
5 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

And it's just my habit, if couple already hooked up in early episodes, I tend to lost interest fast :lol: @triplem know me so well on this. 

This is so so so true . @Lawyerh enjoys the chase . But actually slow burn is essential in dramas . ( though not too slow ) .There has to  be like what @Lmangla mentioned before - “conflict “ . If not the drama will be boring. 

@triplem ~ I still remember this lesson from my lit class -- there are 7 parts to a story regardless of genre. they are plot, setting, characters, conflict, climax, resolution and theme. conflict is defined in literature as a struggle and this is what drives the story forward and gives the story tension. there are different types of struggle depending on genre but every story must have an underlying conflict. without it, the drama loses steam.

so I am not surprised @Lawyerh that you lose interest after the couple gets together -- this is a problem in many of the romance dramas of late because there's nothing really driving the story except chemistry and kisses. I am being mean but it feels like the writers have forgotten about the importance of conflict in a story and the PDs use visuals to prop up a flat story. within literature, when the struggle is resolved (climax, resolution), the story ends. what is the central conflict in the romance genre -- will these characters fall in love and get together? so, if a couple get together and there is nothing else driving them apart or creating tension or struggle, then yes, the story ends on that front. unless the characters are struggling against some evil crime lord or something, there is nothing else left in the story to tell. so @Lawyerh ~ you are not wrong in losing interest. I do too!

"Stories cannot progress without conflict.... How to Write Better Stories -- All stories feature some kind of conflict that the characters must face and overcome. This not only drives the story forward but also gives readers an insight into the main characters’ actions and motivations. A good piece of fiction writing will be full of unforeseen tensions, competition, and power struggles. Nonfiction writing also benefits from conflict drawn from everyday situations and people that are central to the narrative"  -- from article about writing (masterclass)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok this is really bad @nrllee!!! I have no interest in picking up this show now. Sighh. Maybe I'll just watch it for Master Kim. I don't know. I'm not very fond of the male lead either. Let's see...

O no.  I didn’t mean to ruin it for you.  You may like it.  There is enough there to be interesting.  Just ignore the female lead’s ridiculous backstory.  I can see why everyone likes it now.  Doldam and all the eccentric staff is where the heart is.  Country life and warm tones.  Even the hospital is warm.  It’s not sterile like Seoul.  It has wood panels, a beautiful staircase when you enter.  It screams “Welcome”.  It exudes earthiness and genuineness.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, nrllee said:

O no.  I didn’t mean to ruin it for you.  You may like it.  There is enough there to be interesting.  Just ignore the female lead’s ridiculous backstory.  I can see why everyone likes it now.  Doldam and all the eccentric staff is where the heart is.  Country life and warm tones.  Even the hospital is warm.  It’s not sterile like Seoul.  It has wood panels, a beautiful staircase when you enter.  It screams “Welcome”.  It exudes earthiness and genuineness.

Ahahaha no you didn't ruin it for me. I'll watch it. Just not right now. Lol. You should actually watch the first season. Had the same setting. I don't know whether they changed the manager and the nurses, they were all very good people. Sigh. 

So hyun bin's agency is warning that they will take legal action against false dating rumors. You know, those rumors connecting him with Son Ye jin. I feel like he is dating someone else. All these shippers and media should cool down. I feel bad for him. Even if he is not dating anyone else now, it kinda makes his future dating life difficult. Sighh. It's better if everyone minds their own business. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

+2

@nrlleeThat gif sums it up. :D 

@ktcjdramaMhm....<_<

@triplemI know they had romance PARTS, but aren't all about kissy, kissy. They all had much more to offer.

Id-Idiotic? Ya ahjumma, I know your taste sometimes drifts into the garbage section, especially since you recommended me horrible dramas like "Something about 1%"  and maybe sometimes fuses meet in your brain cells that shouldn't meet that often, but be careful. :joy:

I just say how it is. :grimace:

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, I'm maxed on the weekends, but I have to say that I have nothing to watch during the weekdays when I have a bit of downtime. I thought about starting Chocolate, but feel that it's something that I would rather binge on rather than watching just an episode at a time.

@stroppyse I think you can start binge watching now. It's so good you'll be watching episode after episode.

9 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

Guys , a humble request yo all of you.... Just go and watch Love & Destiny....it is right now broadcasting in korea.... and it is no 1 in Naver... please do watch... its a huge loss for ALL THE PEOPLE who are not watching it... yes loss.... you know why??? Because you are really really really missing out that big goofy smile you had while watching TMOPB or Ashes of Love....I am telling you this is the best drama of 2019... Please do watch... I have never been this advocate for any drama ever...but for this , yes I am ... because Chang Chen is a critically acclaimed actor and Chinese Censor had to curtail such dramas on TV... this is huge injustice that this drama only broadcasted on web not on TV... especially for Chang Chen ... this is his debut on TV and it got curtailed.... People on social media are advocating for this drama to be on Tv as well... but does not seem to happen soon....

It's the fourth day of L&D on TV and episode 4 just been aired today. Chinese TV series ranking update Jan.9 based on Korea search engine naver.
1, Love and Destiny 2, The Untamed 3, Put your head on my shoulder 4, The Heaven Sword and The Dragon Saber 5,TMOPB 6, A love so beautiful 7,Go Go Squid 8, Three Kingdoms 9, An Oriental Odyssey 10, Meteor Garden

So it was you who sold me on Love and Destiny @LSGLMH_88! I just started watching it yesterday and I'm on ep 2 now.

@kokodus join me in watching! Just watching the first 2 episodes, it's almost like a cross between TMoPB and AoL. I like it so far.

• Like 1
  • Love 2