Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it has been so long that I made a resolution that when I heard the term this morning, my internal reaction was like "oh yea, such things exist. forgot! :sweatingbullets:" ... if I had to make a kdrama resolution, then it would be to keep watching. my tastes have been changing so much that I no longer find dramas as entertaining or interesting. so it feels more difficult to find stuff to watch.

Yeah... I still wonder how I am still watching. I know that posting in Soompi Forums keeps me in touch with kdramas. It helped me when I thought I should stop watching kdramas compleatly. I still find some dramas that I like so I will continue watching for now. But I watch detached so my kdrama resolution is to keep watching as well. :D

3 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Happy new year to you all of my chingudeul

Happy New Year!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

+2

7 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@Dhakra wow the stalker really took a plane to get closer to nayeon and complain about managers jumping him while trying to give the love letters. He does not know he is in the wrong. It really blows my mind how he thought that stalking is FINE.

Yeah it gets really worse and worse. He even wants to sue them for attacking him. He is so delusional and such a big threat. Did you see the amount of bodyguards they had on the airport? It looked like they were guarding a president and feared getting shot. 

He tried to get to her multiple times. 

Gosh, can we sent him to an abandoned island? I don't want him in korea or germany. :( He must be dealt with asap. 

Nayeon also sent a message via IG story that was so concerning and brutal. It has to stop, she begged him to go home. 

17 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Happy new year to you all of my chingudeul

May the new year be filled with health, success, and lots of handsome oppa :kiss_wink:

@Ameera Ali @triplem @Lmangla @Sushimi @ktcjdrama @Sejabin @Lawyerh @angelangie  and of course everyone else that I didn´t tag :kiss_wink:

happy new year to you too :) 

I was wondering why it is so quiet. is it because of the holidays? but then it should be the opposite, since there is more time for soompi :D 

+2 

• Love 3

36 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

+2

Yeah it gets really worse and worse. He even wants to sue them for attacking him. He is so delusional and such a big threat. Did you see the amount of bodyguards they had on the airport? It looked like they were guarding a president and feared getting shot. 

He tried to get to her multiple times. 

Gosh, can we sent him to an abandoned island? I don't want him in korea or germany. :( He must be dealt with asap. 

Nayeon also sent a message via IG story that was so concerning and brutal. It has to stop, she begged him to go home. 

If he is that much of a threat, why don't they just arrest him?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

When the Camelia blooms. Does the female lead die or something? The first scene doesn't look good. :(

Answer here:

Spoiler

No. It's another girl. You'll quickly know who...

It's a solid kdrama. Fleshed out characters; refreshing script; no chaebols and dumb secretaries required; good acting all around; even minor characters were relevant. 

It's a feel-good-in-humanity type of drama. There was some virtue-signalling going on but I just ignored what was inconsistent with my worldview. 

However, the male lead's the fried pork chop/homestyle kind of guy, as opposed to filet mignon, cosmopolitan type of guy. I was fine with his folksy character so I stuck with it and blogged about it.  

Just dropping by to wish everyone Happy New Year! Stay healthy, happy and lucky, y'all. 

0R7KlST.png

Tagging @angelangie @phikyl @Lmangla and @TRaNz 

+2

so...870

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I think pretty soon @cenching would be watching Secret Garden... :lol:

About Nayeon, there is another way around it actually. It’s surely an unpopular one, and I would probably get thrown tomatoes for suggesting so, but if I were her, I will meet up with the guy, separated by a table, surrounded by guards and cameras, whatever that will make me feel safe and guarded. Let him say what he want, then tell him what I want, and then so long farewell. That’s what I will do. I’d rather face the problem head on and tackle it, instead of avoiding it to no end. 

Wow, it is reported that Camellia breaks the record in KBS by receiving 12 awards B) 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

+2

@kokodus Because technically he didn't commit a crime yet or break any law. He is just invading her space and stalks her. Sadly you can't be punished for the fact of just being on the same plane as someone. 

It's not like in "Minority Report", where you can foresee crimes happening and punish people for it. You can just warn him, tell him to let her alone and leave. They did that beforehand and now it is the first time he disobeyed. JYP already stated they will go against him now.

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

@Dhakra something about he has a twin brother surfaced ? I wonder who leaked the flight info..that leaker I bet he she would have been paid for this so they did it. So people like him pick it up. 

Yeah it seems he has a twin-brother who is with him. JYP already stated that their flight schedule was sold to him and they try to find the person who leaked it and sold to him. 

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

This is when I will say...the law there are not strict enough. They only change when something massive happened. Hate to say it...but if Sulli had not end herself because of depression & mostly mean comments, the new Sulli law wouldn’t have appear, keyboard warriors will not be punished. Had the law appear sooner, Sulli will be saved or get help (see why I say it’s not strict enough)...Fans are panicking because they fear the impending crazy things people will do and how it will affect people greatly...I just wish Germany embassy can block him out of the country, so at least she is save in Korea. Someone really needs to bring that guy into realisation that it’s wrong. The logic is terribly twisted. It’s either he thinks highly of himself (thinking out of millions of fans, he thinks he can be the one to chase nayeon to make her love him.) or he is suffering from something. 

I just wish..the law can be stricter. Stalking is a problem, rather than just wait for the worst then change, at least protect the future before things can go south..

@kokodus @Dhakra at this point, I think nayeon will just be protected by the police and nothing will be done. All I just want is that he doesn’t do anything else because his ways are getting more shady.

Yeah I also feel like something big has to happen first for korea to finally do something. But maybe that is now the case, invading her life in a plane, forcing people to tackle him and creating a mess might be finally something to work with. 

I honestly doubt Germany or the german embassy knows about this. I haven't seen anything on german news yet. 

More concerning are his messages on his Twitter Account, he still sees himself as victim. When you read his messages, you can literally see a delusional, blind guy who is a ticking time bomb. He doesn't see his mistakes and thinks his actions are normal. 

He always says he is not a fan, so his actions are the ones from a guy not a fan.

Nayeon has personal protection by now, she must fear for her life. Great way to start a new decade.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think pretty soon @cenching would be watching Secret Garden... :lol:

About Nayeon, there is another way around it actually. It’s surely an unpopular one, and I would probably get thrown tomatoes for suggesting so, but if I were her, I will meet up with the guy, separated by a table, surrounded by guards and cameras, whatever that will make me feel safe and guarded. Let him say what he want, then tell him what I want, and then so long farewell. That’s what I will do. I’d rather face the problem head on and tackle it, instead of avoiding it to no end. 

Wow, it is reported that Camellia breaks the record in KBS by receiving 12 awards B) 

+2

At first I was thinking the same but later on I realised that it could make the situtation worse. Because it will encourage other people like him to go to the extrem so that they can meet their idol. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Ameera Ali A bit extreme but I get the gist :lol:.  My daughter is already hoping she will bump into “someone famous” on the streets of Korea when we visit in Feb.  I told her maybe we should just buy face masks and don black caps and hoodies and pretend to be celebrities instead :lol: and see how many people we trick into believing that we are celebrities.  ((Cue eye roll from her)).  Definitely going to do the sauna thing and wear a towel on our heads and crack hard boiled eggs on our foreheads.  Essential to get the whole cultural experience.

EDIT - @packmule3 nice to see you pop in for a visit. :)  I am still trying to convince daughter dear to “Rent an Oppa” with me.  It’s not going down well.

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

At first I was thinking the same but later on I realised that it could make the situtation worse. Because it will encourage other people like him to go to the extrem so that they can meet their idol. 

+2

I thought about how it might become precedent too, but I still think it is more effective than avoiding him while not being able to put a stop to his actions. By making it an uncomfortable and even maybe a humiliating experience, perhaps it will discourage others from copying him? 

I worry for her because there was once a case of a female singer killed by a crazy obsessive deluded male fans. I cannot recall her name. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought about how it might become precedent too, but I still think it is more effective than avoiding him while not being able to put a stop to his actions.  By making it an uncomfortable and even maybe a humiliating experience, perhaps it will discourage others from copying him? 

Doubt it.  He is not of sound mind.  He doesn’t think like “normal” people do.  None of these stalkers/Sasaengs are sound mentally.  I pity the poor girl.  It’s enough to drive her to insanity (always watchful, always on the edge in a crowd).  I hope she’s getting counselling to deal with her fears and that it doesn’t curtail her socially as a result.  :tears:

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Doubt it.  He is not of sound mind.  He doesn’t think like “normal” people do.  None of these stalkers/Sasaengs are sound mentally.  I pity the poor girl.  It’s enough to drive her to insanity (always watchful, always on the edge in a crowd).  I hope she’s getting counselling to deal with her fears and that it doesn’t curtail her socially as a result.  :tears:

In that case, is it possible to get a diagnosis by professionals that he is not mentally stable, thus posing a danger to people around him, and get him restrained based on that?

@Ameera Ali I have only had time to catch up on ep.5 Crash Landing today... and went to the thread with 25 pages to backread :sweat_smile:

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

In that case, is it possible to get a diagnosis by professionals that he is not mentally stable, thus posing a danger to people around him, and get him restrained based on that?

Not if he doesn’t admit himself to get treated.  That’s the problem.  He thinks he’s perfectly “normal”.  Unless he acknowledges he needs it, you can’t force him to get treated.  He has committed no crime.  He’s just stalking her.  She can take out an AVO (apprehended violence order -not sure if Korea does this) so he has to stay outside a certain radius of her and if he crosses that line, he can be warned/punished but there’s really no other way around it. You can’t lock him up.  He has basic human rights too.  Lots of pedophiles and weirdos are out there loose.  He’s one of thousands.  It’s just a reality that idols/celebrities and even normal people (I know wives who take out AVOs against their abusive husbands) face on a daily basis.  Sad but true. 

• Insightful 2