Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@triplem @ktcjdrama Binge watched Prison Playbook.  Ignored the fireworks. :lol:.  Final thoughts - A+.:wub:   Long but it was good.  I liked how even it was.  Not everyone got a happy ending.  The most painful ending was Lee KyuHyung’s. After all that hard work of trying to quit drugs in prison, he succumbed straight after he got out... hopefully this time around as a user, he would be rehabilitated instead of being thrown in Prison (as a dealer).  He desperately needed affirmation from those around him (family) but never got it... only fleetingly with his lover and even he seemed content to let him fight the addiction on his own.  Once the structure, discipline and support from his fellow cell mates was removed and he stepped out into the lonely dismal world, he could no longer fight the addiction on his own anymore.  It’s an indictment on society.  That the camaraderie shared in the Prison affirmed him more as a person (and gave him the impetus to stay clean) than the world outside the Prison bars.  :tears:.  On a brighter note, the love stories were so sweet.  The best kind.  :wub:.  And the camaraderie and bromances were the heart of the show.  A motley bunch (including the Correction Officers) who helped each other and shared the burdens, watched each other’s backs.  One mistake (however big) doesn’t define you.  It’s about making amends and coming out the other side a better person.  I am looking forward to the writer’s new work Doctor’s Playbook (?).  Although after having watched Life, it’s going to be a tough act to follow.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

The most painful ending was Lee KyuHyung’s. After all that hard work of trying to quit drugs in prison, he succumbed straight after he got out... hopefully this time around as a user, he would be rehabilitated instead of being thrown in Prison (as a dealer).  He desperately needed affirmation from those around him (family) but never got it... only fleetingly with his lover and even he seemed content to let him fight the addiction on his own. 

IKR! That scene was the most disheartening moment for me in the whole drama. Watching his hand on the door handle, I kept saying “come on, come on, come on”... I mean, throughout the drama, whatever we thought would turn out bad had always turned out positively, so I was holding on to that hope, yet couldn’t help being anxious and worry. It’s so sad that the family and lover cannot (or do not want to) do just a little more, eg. lover could’ve told him about the ring, mother (or the father) could’ve told him that she will be coming to welcome him home, they all could’ve waited outside the prison even though he asked them not to. Argh!! *hairpulling*... I cannot remember was the charge just as user? Some countries still jail users, I think. Anyway, whyyyyy that other guy in the car is let off? Wasn’t he considered the dealer? The whole thing clearly was a setup. By who?? Why?? Argh!!

no number

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow @Ameera Ali you finally reach 2020 :joy:

@nrllee Glad you liked PP . I’m looking forward Doctor Playbook ..Life was good but I am not much into hospital politics. So I hope DP will not be too dry  . 

————

So peeps , no new year’s resolution ?  I can’t remember the last time I made one but for my k drama life , I vowed not to watch another Jang Nara drama in 2020 :lol:. The Last Empress & VIP had enough crazy melodrama to kill me 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

IKR! That scene was the most disheartening moment for me in the whole drama. Watching his hand on the door handle, I kept saying “come on, come on, come on”... I mean, throughout the drama, whatever we thought would turn out bad had always turned out positively, so I was holding on to that hope, yet couldn’t help being anxious and worry. It’s so sad that the family and lover cannot (or do not want to) do just a little more, eg. lover could’ve told him about the ring, mother (or the father) could’ve told him that she will be coming to welcome him home, they all could’ve waited outside the prison even though he asked them not to. Argh!! *hairpulling*... I cannot remember was the charge just as user? Some countries still jail users, I think. Anyway, whyyyyy that other guy in the car is let off? Wasn’t he considered the dealer? The whole thing clearly was a setup. By who?? Why?? Argh!!

I just googled it - Korea jails users  https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/05/10/South-Korea-shaken-by-rising-drug-use-celebrity-scandals/2091557235499/.  He was sentenced for dealing the first time.  I was thinking the same about the other guy in the car... he sold LKH’s character out.  I am not sure whether he was “let off”.  But why was he there in the first place?  Unless LKH’s character told him to come pick him up?  So that left me wondering.  He was certainly in on it with the Police to catch users again?  It was just so sad.  His family and lover left him to deal with the drug problem alone.  Mistakenly believing that he needed to “wake up” and conditioned their acceptance of him ONLY if he left that life.  Problem was, the root of him getting into that life of addiction was because he was alone - they didn’t realize that :mellow:.  So in leaving him to deal with it alone, they drove him back to that life.  :tears:.  And his major support network within the Prison system is gone.  Most of the original gang in the cell have left...

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

10 hours ago, Sushimi said:

my boy got abs:lol: best gift for but boy boy from zombie fighting warrior from kingdom to occupation @Lawyerh called hyena. @Lawyerh are you apart of hyena? Cause you a lawyer and hyena starts with a h. :lol: Lawyer + H = Lawyerh

+2

Gonna do my job, @ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali @thanie @triplem lawyerh if you do consider watching this, please tell me. (Oppa salesperson)

I'm considering Hyena as long as it's on Netflix. But who's the female lead? It was first offered to SHK, right? 

@Sushimi, I'm done watching Ep. 1 of Voice. I just wonder, am I watching the right VOICE Series? I'm watching a Thai version. Is there korean ver. of it? So far, I'm loving it. There was some eeeewwww-wy part of it ... I can live with that, though. It's gripping, fast-paced, and it's keeping me at the edge of my seat ... now I can't wait for Ep. 2. I hope there will be some romance to it... to add spice to the drama, lol...Thanks to you, I'm gonna be starting my 2020 with killing and violence, hahahahahaha!

+2

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

It’s supposed to be Korean version:sweatingbullets:

Jang Hyuk in S1 Lee Jin Wook in S2 & 3

Regarding Hyena, I not sure, all I know is Joonie is my oppa so yeah. Hahaha

+2

Whooooah! I'm watching the wrong version. It's a Thai version, hahahaha. Don't have any plan of dropping this, though. It's good and the good thing is, my hubby's watching too... 

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, triplem said:

So peeps , no new year’s resolution ?  I can’t remember the last time I made one but for my k drama life , I vowed not to watch another Jang Nara drama in 2020 :lol:. The Last Empress & VIP had enough crazy melodrama to kill me 

it has been so long that I made a resolution that when I heard the term this morning, my internal reaction was like "oh yea, such things exist. forgot! :sweatingbullets:" ... if I had to make a kdrama resolution, then it would be to keep watching. my tastes have been changing so much that I no longer find dramas as entertaining or interesting. so it feels more difficult to find stuff to watch.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

45 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

if I had to make a kdrama resolution, then it would be to keep watching. my tastes have been changing so much that I no longer find dramas as entertaining or interesting. so it feels more difficult to find stuff to watch.

That’s me too.  I will keep watching.  Tried to watch some Hollywood stuff again but baulked at the amount of violence and immorality.  I will stay in the safe space of Kdramas and varieties for now.  It’s harder finding stuff that gives me the good feels...so I have been wading through older dramas with good reviews.  I can understand why some just leave after a while.  The novelty wears off.  I think I will keep dropping dramas that don’t satisfy.  Will try to get regular with varieties instead.  2D1N was my staple but after JJY, it left a bad taste.  May pick up something like Running Man.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

When the Camelia blooms. Does the female lead die or something? The first scene doesn't look good. :(

It’s part of the mystery. I don’t think I should tell you. But if you really want to know, I will. 

It’s a wonderful drama. Keep watching. That first scene got me worried too. All I can say is just keep watching and you won’t regret the hours spent. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@Ameera Ali1 more good news for u.. im watching Nokdu now :lol: Its cute...

yes love it  ( you’ll be queen of second chances 2020 :kiss_wink:

** me good news for @triplem & @ktcjdrama I started Camellia blooms , no two weeks for my crash landing on you I will try mr big smile instead  :joy:

+2

• LOL 1

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s part of the mystery. I don’t think I should tell you. But if you really want to know, I will. 

It’s a wonderful drama. Keep watching. That first scene got me worried too. All I can say is just keep watching and you won’t regret the hours spent. 

Ohh okok Don't tell me. I'm guessing that the kid is not hers and the woman's hand we saw on the first scene must be the mom to that kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1