Add and Subtract Game

Admin

58 minutes ago, _gillianne19_ said:

@nrllee need some help. YSY THREAD have become a wasteland it needs a CPR. :D haven't got back watching Psych Diary. I think it's already ending next week. I'm really, really gonna catch up before it ends.

Spoiler

I am afraid to say I am no longer his fan.  I have moved on.  His character has been called to question (due to a series of events) and he is no longer the YSY of old.  I have given him countless opportunities to prove me wrong but the most recent thing he did was the straw that broke the camel’s back.   I only follow men of good character.  :mellow:  So you’re in your own there. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha....u still intended for me to watch Chocolate is it? :D 

Choc chip cookies... just be prepared for a lot of tragedy... deaths galore.  Enough to keep funeral parlour very busy... it is based in a hospice after all.  I couldn’t take it after Ep 5... it was just sad... ALL...THE...TIME... so I bailed. :blink:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

The OTP I really :heart: them

That’s what I mean.  I love them.  They both emote beautifully... but the tragedy aspect is just overdone...  I got to a point where I was like, “Okay writer, I get it?  Their life really sucks big time.  They need each other.  Just please give them a break already?  And let them be?  I don’t need them to kiss or anything.  Just let them have happy moments in the kitchen making delectable morsels of food and heal each other?  No more tragedies.  I need a breather from dramatics.”   :lol:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@triplemits so good, that no skinship but make ur heart burn :lol:

@angelangiei still havent give up selling :cookie: to u :lol:

@Ameera Aliits confirm his glasses just an accessory and nothing else. See he took it off here. And why he dont wear by himself the apron, bcos his hand dirty with flour. This guy is pro!!! :mrgreen:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, the non-skin ship sometimes brings out the most sizzling chemistry. The staring , the longing ...can indeed make your heart race ...

Anyone here likes Lee Je Hoon? One of my oppas ...I miss him in a drama . Looking dapper in a suit 

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Yeah i can be quite persistent...@angelangie:joy: I only have you & @thanieas my potential customers :smirk:

@nrlleeyeah a lot of funerals, but so far im still okay, haven't shed single tears :mrgreen:. Dr. John stressed me more actually. The OTP I really :heart: them. 

... getting there. Almost!

@Sushimi, all these killings (Voice, thai version :D) wanted me to shift career! I suddenly want to become a cop, or a forensic investigator

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Hide contents

I am afraid to say I am no longer his fan.  I have moved on.  His character has been called to question (due to a series of events) and he is no longer the YSY of old.  I have given him countless opportunities to prove me wrong but the most recent thing he did was the straw that broke the camel’s back.   I only follow men of good character.  :mellow:  So you’re in your own there. 

Ok this is interesting. How do you make sure your following only good oppas? 

• LOL 4

43 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Ok this is interesting. How do you make sure your following only good oppas? 

Research.  Watch ALL their videos (read interviews, see how they respond to situations). Listen hard to what they say and what others say about them.  Not just their words but also read body language.  And then formulate a profile from all that collated data. And test, test, test.  See if future videos/interviews etc all line up with your hypothesis. Back it up.  If it can’t be backed up, then chances are, the hypothesis was false or they have changed from the original and no longer warrant your following.

I will try to find one example to let you in on how I make my judgements.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Research.  Watch ALL their videos (read interviews, see how they respond to situations). Listen hard to what they say and what others say about them.  Not just their words but also read body language.  And then formulate a profile from all that collated data. And test, test, test.  See if future videos/interviews etc all line up with your hypothesis. Back it up.  If it can’t be backed up, then chances are, the hypothesis was false or they have changed from the original and no longer warrant your following.

I will try to find one example to let you in on how I make my judgements.

Woww that seems like so much work. But...aren't everything scripted? Even the interviews and such. We can't even fully judge a person we encounter in real life These are actors their job is to act. They all maintain that good boy behaviour outside too they are not going to get any roles if they act like a richard simmons. People like Jung Joon Young and Seungri also had millions of fans before they got caught. So my belief is that all these actors are innocent only until they get caught. So I just watch my dramas, swoon over my oppas and live in that fantasy and don't give a richard simmons about what they do in real life. I don't watch variety shows because of that too, atleast in dramas you know they are acting, but in variety shows, they say that it's their real character, but you know not all of what they do is spontaneous. Maybe part of it is real, but I don't want to spend my time guessing which part is real which part is scripted. I follow a actor only to get information about what drama he will be doing next. LOL. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Woww that seems like so much work. But...aren't everything scripted? Even the interviews and such. We can't even fully judge a person we encounter in real life These are actors their job is to act. They all maintain that good boy behaviour outside too they are not going to get any roles if they act like a richard simmons.

This is where you look at what others say about them. There’s only so much that can be scripted.  Watch body language.  Are the people just saying it to appear nice?  Is what they say out of the ordinary?  How do they act in situations that are unscripted?  I will show you some examples to give you an idea as to how I formulate a judgement.

As for JJY, I knew he wasn’t to be trusted from the get go.  Just didn’t know the extent of his “badness”.  Was he sleeping around?  Definitely.  Was he filming it?  That I didn’t know.  SeungGri I never really looked into at all because I had never heard about him. 

• Like 3

@kokodus just one example.  For context, this is the scene that they were talking about.

Spoiler

Kim SoHyun said this in her interview about her film Pure Love with Do KyungSoo (she was 17 then - underage - and he was 22 I think).  

Reporter asked Kim SoHyun

the umbrella kiss scene] had no physical contact and yet was romantic, like the story ‘rain shower.’ were you disappointed about not getting to have an actual kiss (laughs)? 

Her reply

I don’t regret it (laughs). There were a lot of divided opinions on this scene at first. Most of the male staff said that we had to kiss, that kissing an umbrella would be kind of funny, because that was honestly hard to picture. But the director and the female staff insisted it would be more romantic, that it was more expressive of our innocence. The person who decided the umbrella kiss was Kyungsoo oppa. He said to the studio’s representative that I might be too young to be comfortable filming a kiss scene. I see the umbrella kiss as a good decision. The director was right that even if it was just a kiss on an umbrella, there were emotions in it that wouldn’t be in touching lips. It’s a scene that expresses Beomsil’s and Suok’s purity and their warmth [for each other] well, and one I really like too.

My thoughts

See what the male staff wanted (just so male :blink:) vs the female staff?  DKS could've just gone along and stayed silent but he didn't.  And from the sounds of it, KSH would've just followed along with the final decision even if it meant kissing on the lips.  She could voice her discomfort (doesn't sound like she did) because he spoke first.  He opened the door for her to say something if she wanted to.  He saw the reality of the situation - she was a minor - and he gave the situation context.  He took the responsibility of that decision off her shoulders so no one would be able to turn around later and accuse her of not being 'adult' or just being 'a prude'.

source - http://fydk-translations.tumblr.com/post/139763780587/160222-interview-with-kim-sohyun-kyungsoo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

So I just watch my dramas, swoon over my oppas and live in that fantasy and don't give a richard simmons about what they do in real life.

hahahahha... that is pretty much me!  I always remember what my grandmother used to say about this famous villain in our local cinema. onscreen, he was always the most despicable character but in real life, was super religious and extremely charitable. he just took the roles he was offered and played it with glee regardless. he didn't get the good guy roles but he had a family to feed and didn't bother about being the villain as someone had to be the villain. as my grandmother said, sometimes a hero is the villain in real life whereas the villain is the real hero outside.. we are swooning over the drama character and not the actual actor -- when we remember that, we are all good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

So I just watch my dramas, swoon over my oppas and live in that fantasy and don't give a richard simmons about what they do in real life

Yes you could do that too.  Perfectly fine. :lol:.  I tend to profile in real life too so for me it comes naturally to carry that through every part of my life.  I am told I unnerve a lot of people (very intimidating).

• Like 3

@Dhakra just watched ep9 of fairy . Will comment after I see eps 10 . By the way , this looks good.  It’s your fave actress & the actor from Mad Dog  . April 2020

@Lmangla Is this Nambiar you are talking about?? Hahaha my mom used to say the same stuff about him too. Your grandma is sooo right, all these heroes whom their fans worship like God and wants them to become a CM or PM just because you know, he does some mass heroic stuff on films is turning real crazy. They are following a damn script, you morons!!!! Gahhhh I'm so done. 

@nrllee I understand what you are doing. I'm just you know, so self absorbent and self centered to really think about anyone else other than me. I also don't trust people easily, that's one of the traits that I got from my mom. I'm just so suspicious about anyone and everyone. If someone does something nice to me, I'm always 100% sure that they want something from me in return. So when even in real life it is hard for me trust people, how will I be able to judge a character based on interviews only. I was not there in the shooting spot, I was not there when Do Kyung Soo talked to the director about the kiss scene. So no I don't believe it. For all I know the girl said all that nice stuff about him because she was told to. Or forced to. Who knows. No one knows. I swear I have seen too many examples of these so called nice actors being real monsters to believe all these stories. Have we not learned anything from Metoo? It is okay for you because you seem like a cool levelheaded person and is just analyzing these characters for fun. But there are real crazy fangirls out there who goes into depression when they learn the truth about their oppas. That is what is really sad. Sighhh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1