Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

55 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

It says on the The King eternal Monarch wikipedia it ranked top 10 in several asian countries which is outdated? But that is not all of it. It was hit in Latin-America, The Caribbeans, Asia, The subcontintent, the gulf countries, Parts of Africa and parts of Europe.. It needs some proper editing. We have precise recorded data on these markets movements and all countries noted down accordingly

I hope somebody will edit it later

• Like 6

On 6/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, syntyche said:

Popularity at home has waned, but overseas responses have been hot.

Unlike the gloomy situation in Korea, the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended with disastrous performances in ratings and quality, has gained popularity overseas belatedly and managed to save its crumpled face.

It's seen by viewers from more than 190 countries through the OTT (Over The Top) platform Netflix, an indicator of Worldwide reach. In addition to topping the weekly TV show list in Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Nigeria, it has maintained the top spot as popular content in Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic. It was also the only Korean film in the top 10 on the Netflix World Ranking Chart. It maintained its No. 1 spot on the Korean online platform Wavve Drama Rank for seven consecutive weeks. Weeks have passed since the end of the show, but it still hasn't let go of the top spot on Netflix.

In Korea, it was sarcastically criticized for PPL, but the reaction is explosive abroad. The multi-balm that Kim Go-eun applied on her face in the drama is very popular in Asia. It has become a hot topic in a short period of time due to a flood of inquiries from overseas countries such as the United States, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Saudi Arabia. The first sale was sold out in two weeks. Asian women who watched "The King" are buying the multi-balm online, saying they will become like Kim Go-eun.

The popularity of actors has also increased abroad. This is the case with Lee Min-ho. Lee Min-ho has the most SNS followers among Hallyu stars. For example, the number of his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers exceeded 17.3 million, 16.6 million, and 3 million, respectively, while in Weibo, it surpassed 28.5 million. This record ranks first among all Korean actors. In the case of Weibo and Facebook, he is the overwhelming No. 1 Korean artist among singers and actors, showing huge global popularity. In addition, SNS followers of Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin increased a lot from the time before the drama aired, and most of them are overseas fans.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23810044

Again, why is TKEM's performance on WAVVE not even mentioned or factored at all?  Why is SK media insisting on hyping on the terrestrial rating alone when you have the SK online streaming  Wavve that ran simultaneously with the former?  TKEM was #1 in Wavve for its whole run PLUS the week AFTER it finished its airing.  I dunno what its ranking in the last 2 weeks but with 15m subscribers, Wavve performance speak volumes. Then you also have Netflix SK where TKEM was also #1.

So I do not really understand the agenda of SK media downplaying TKEM's success. I am getting mad again.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Again, why is TKEM's performance in WAVVE not even mentioned or factored at all?  Why is SK media insisting on hyping on the terrestrial rating alone when you have the SK online streaming  Wavve that ran simultaneously with the former?  TKEM was #1 in Wavve for its whole run PLUS the week AFTER it finished its airing.  I dunno what its ranking in the last 2 weeks but with 15m subscribers, Wavve performance speak volumes. Then you also have Netflix SK where TKEM was also #1.

So I do not really understand the agenda of SK media downplaying TKEM's success. I am getting angry again.

THANK YOU!

Yes, it continued to rank #1 on Wavve the week after it ended. 9 consecutive weeks! I’m not sure if last week’s data has been released but even if it’s not #1 anymore, it still dominated for 9 weeks straight! That should say something. With 15 million subscribers, ratings on TV doesn’t even compare! 10% on TV is around 1.5-1.7 million viewers. I read somewhere around half of Wavve audience tuned in to TKEM. That’s at least 7 million people! The audience on TV is just a small number of people watching in South Korea. Wavve makes up more than half the entire audience so they should switch focus and report their success on Wavve instead because it’s a better representation!

3 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

Me too

In episode 3 right now. And I am already crying from the beginning. How I miss them so damn very much. My daejang, my Imja.

LMH was superb in here. I think his daejang will remain at number 1 for me. I really love LG, LMH has portrayed him with the ultimate quality of act, but Choi young is something else that I just can't describe. He is so pure:bawling:

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Right? Right? All the FEELS are still there! I don’t remember crying the first time I watched Faith but this time around, I’m crying in so many scenes! 

I just watched imja telling daejang she has 1 month left until the door opens and my heart is crying seeing him place his hand on top of hers! All the FEELS!!!! My heart aches! 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Yes, yes, yes! I love LG and would marry him in a heartbeat but Daejang just hits differently! I want to be loved by LG but I want to love Daejang. He’s just precious and I want to protect his heart. I have never wanted to hug a character so badly! My daejang! :heartbreak:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I wonder what the process is for choosing a script.  I doubt he looked at any script while filming.  I would think his staff would take the first crack - organizing into romcom, fantasy, historical, weeding out the ones LMH wouldn't take etc, then if possible write a synopsis (I think this would be a fun job!) Then, I think LMH starts to review and consider the ones he is interested in.   Once he's down to one or two, negotiation begins.  Wouldn't this process take a couple of months?  At the earliest, we may hear something, like I said earlier, Aug-Sept

I can imagine that scripts & proposals have gone to him ever since he finished his military service.  More new proposals may have come after TKEM.  But the offers pour in continuously I guess. Definitely CFs are to be expected.  Not too tiring, exposure is great & returns are good. I can see that screening & lining up projects are handled by no less than his sister.

If we follow his pattern, a movie may be next or he may contemplate on gunning for a Netflix produced drama, given the ongoing restrictions of the pandemic.

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

If you're curious how Lee Min Ho grew up to be a handsome and charming man, this is the answer. With a mother with a very beautiful face and a father who is handsome, it's no wonder Lee Min Ho inherited the visual beauty of his parents.

I don't think that is his Dad.  Isn't that SK's premier football player/coach Cha Bum Kun?

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Actually they announced TKEM last April and we watched this April, 1 year later, I mean If LMH will have next drama in second half of 2021 maybe we hear next drama news soon :lol:  Because shooting start at least 6 months before:lol: Yes this is so fast and It seems impossible for LMH but I feel (or I want :lol:) this time we don't wait so much , let's pray that for  LMH select next drama so fastly :lol: so we hear news at least soon.

He chanced and surprised us so many times after military, maybe this time he surprised us again :lol:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

I can imagine that scripts & proposals have gone to him ever since he finished his military service.  More new proposals may have come after TKEM.  But the offers pour in continuously I guess. Definitely CFs are to be expected.  Not too tiring, exposure is great & returns are good. I can see that screening & lining up projects are handled by no less than his sister.

If we follow his pattern, a movie may be next or he may contemplate on gunning for a Netflix produced drama, given the ongoing restrictions of the pandemic.

What is LMH's sister's responsibility in MYM? i heard she is CEO. But if she screens the offers, was she trained to do so? I am curious to know, because I think handling offers should be quite a challenging job. Imagine all the offers with different genre and character description. I thought maybe his Noona sorts the offers by the reputation of Writer and Director of that project first. Because LMH mentioned in TKEM press conference that KES's name influenced him in choosing TKEM. so I guess LMH cares about which writer and director are attached to a project, which is safe and smart because it is easy to mess up kdramas and we all know many dramas which went to a wrong path towards the end of dramas. 

I agree about him wanting to do Netflix show because of the pandemic. I guess LMH has much more Netflix offers because of the popularity of TKEM globally. If he has a lot of Netflix offers to choose from, then it will be awesome because Netflix shows have unique and good stories. 

Hopefully, whatever drama he chooses will be Netflix original. Watching LMH on Netflix was the greatest JOY compared to those websites! :lol:

I remember I was reading a comment under MYM instagram, someone was saying LMH come with cable drama next and another Minoz answered that "LMH is SBS's son" :joy: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

21 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hopefully, whatever drama he chooses will be Netflix original. Watching LMH on Netflix was the greatest JOY compared to those websites! :lol:

I remember I was reading a comment under MYM instagram, someone was saying LMH come with cable drama next and another Minoz answered that "LMH is SBS's son" :joy:

Lmh, ma boy, it’s time to divorce your parents and adopt new ones —> Netflix.

:lol::lol::lol:

If he still wants to dominate domestically, which I assume any korean actors would, then it’s time to move to cable. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s his choice. It’s the production company’s choice. He signs on and they just sell him away because they know they can make money from him. 

I will flip tables if he comes back and it’s SBS again. Have you seen daejang flipping tables? Yes, that’ll be me! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Lmh, ma boy, it’s time to divorce your parents and adopt new ones —> Netflix.

:lol::lol::lol:

If he still wants to dominate domestically, which I assume any korean actors would, then it’s time to move to cable. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s his choice. It’s the production company’s choice. He signs on and they just sell him away because they know they can make money from him. 

I will flip tables if he comes back and it’s SBS again. Have you seen daejang flipping tables? Yes, that’ll be me! :lol:

hahaha!! Yeah lets divorce him from SBS!! :lol:  

Yeah, he doesn't choose which channel to work with. Unfortunately many stuff is out of his control. production companies have the biggest role and involvement in producing a drama. 

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually they announced TKEM last April and we watched this April, 1 year later, I mean If LMH will have next drama in second half of 2021 maybe we hear next drama news soon :lol:  Because shooting start at least 6 months before:lol: Yes this is so fast and It seems impossible for LMH but I feel (or I want :lol:) this time we don't wait so much , let's pray that for  LMH select next drama so fastly :lol: so we hear news at least soon.

He chanced and surprised us so many times after military, maybe this time he surprised us again :lol:

Yesssss!  :) Hope he surprises us again. it will be great for the news to come around Aug-Sep and then be aired in second half of 2021. 

By the way, have you guys noticed Autumn and Winter dramas are usually the very endearing romantic dramas . I personally like them more because of winter clothes (LMH rocking those coats :glasses:, scarf around neck: remember Kim Tan going to the sea to find Eun Sang and he wearing a cute scarf, he looked so boyish and innocent), snow, rain, and other stuff that can be used in setting of a drama. The whole cold weather with male and female lead standing in front of each other and starring at each other is so romantic even if we have seen it a lot in dramas. Especially for LMH because of his deep eyes!!:wub:

By the way, I think director of CH, LOTBS is free and not directing other drama. Maybe he will work with LMH for his next project. @CarolynH

One way to guess which actress, writer, and director LMH will work with is to see who doesn't have project these days. lol :lol:  Just some guess. lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Have you seen the underground I just created if not check your PM You will literally find a new world

@Heretorant @leeminhosny @Nikaa94 @gtLmh0622 @CarolynH @happivirus @Time loop @Elnin Joery @mychoiyoung @syntyche @Joanna Alfson @Miss Pizza

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will invite more of you guys after we do the beta-test if you are remaining you will get the invite by tomorrow then more will have access to both worlds. I know the remaining so don't worry the beta-test will be completed within few hours then you get the access it will be send to you. Because if we invite to many we can't conduct the beta-test but post the test Everyone will have free access to it 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

On 6/25/2020 at 4:26 AM, Time loop said:

A movie and TKEM S2 ( if he dose 4-5 seasons more of tkem his instagram could reach 100mio followers It would be that huge worldwide) like massively huge..  the sky is the limit for tkem

Chingu as much as I love TKEM and celebrate it's popularity worldwide i don't think it will be a good idea to have season 2. You know the saying " It's good to quit while you are at the Top" and while it doesn't apply for everything, i feel like this applies to TKEM. Mind you that this is coming from someone who currently re watching TKEM for the 6th time and Love our OTP and Shipping our OTP in real life.

Here are the Reason why,

1). The ending. The way the writer end the drama leaves no room for season 2. If...TKEM as a story can be expanded sure, but only if it's initially written with Multiple seasons in mind If there is season 2, i feel like the story will be be to forced to be explore just for the sake of having season 2 and one wrong move will add more negative buzz. Which led to my next reason

2). Everytime a show/drama, especially in the US try to "milk" on the show popularity, i see a decline in the quality and writing substance, Ex: Lost, Supernatural, Prison break. Those shows started off really strong and then loose their identity and the strength of the initial story telling. KES is a star writer and i believe she is capable, but she also have track record of going downhill in her story telling, so i don't see her sustaining multiple seasons Drama.

3). How will TKEM be remembered? While TKEM garnered much international Love it also has polarizing popularity. Season 2 will have such a huge stake that I'm not willing to risk it! At least now it will be remembered at Most Popular Korean Drama on Netlfix. If it has Season 2 and it doesn't  do well and/or especially if Story telling is mediocre because they try to make something out of nothing, It will tainted the Good thing TKEM have right now. And honestly as a viewer and big fans of the two Main Leads, i am not willing to risk it. 

The writer of one of my favorite TV show ever, Vince Gilligan (He wrote Breaking Bad) once asked why he ended Breaking Bad on Season 5 wehn the show finally gaining so much momentum, he answered "We don't want to overstay our welcome" and i feel like this would be the same case with TKEM. 

If somehow, the writer and Original cast is willing to expand TKEM, the only thing that might work would be a prequel, where they can explore LG and JY budding friendship and took more time to flesh out LG as character, Jo Young's background and show the Love story in the very first Loop, how they met originally.... but even then, I don't know how it will be received. Or spin off focusing Royal Guard Jo Young like Agent Shield. But that means no LMH and KGE.

On 6/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, Nikaa94 said:

Another thing is KES is a type of writer who writes a drama and then moves on fast. LOL if you pay attention, news of her new drama always come fast. Sometimes I feel like she only wants to break record and prove she is a great writer and move on. If she does care about TKEM, she SHOULD know about TKEM global hit and she SHOULD consider TKEM S2 if Netflix reach out to her. If she just base her opinion on SK, it would be unfair. 

This!!! While i think KES is a good writer, i don't think she can sustain multiple season drama nor do she wants too. All of her shows are popular and the one before TKEM was critically acclaim but she never make season 2. While I am sure she loves the International Love TKEM received, i am sure she is working on the next script that would claim her spot as rating queens in SK again.

16 hours ago, Heretorant said:

GJP is also one of my favorite characters! I love his stupid curly hair! When I discovered lmh, I watched BOF 4 times back to back :lol::lol::lol: My least favorite part about BOF is Jandi, sorry if I offend anyone :sweatingbullets:. But GJP is love! 

Sister.... seriously, why do we think a lot!!!! I don't Like BOF and I'm Sorry if offend some people here, but as an avid fan of the Hana Yori Dango Franchise, i was really upset they way they write Jan Di and their love story. In the Manga Makino and Domyouji is FIRE!!!! the beginning of the Manga you thought the Love story is about Makino (Jandi) and Rui (Ji-Hu) and then Domyouji (Jun Pyo) pursue Makino and then their story developed and Rui doesn't even stand a chance, there are no second lead syndrome!  I was so upset that there are more screen time and vulnerable/intimate moments between Jan Di and Ji Hu and went on to say that Ji Hu is her soulmate????? And there were lack of Quite moment between Jan Di and Jun Pyo and I'm sorry.... They ruin the moment of when Jun Pyo gave Jan Di necklace. in the comic and in the Taiwanese version that moment supposed to be this intimate moment between the two of them, he confessed his love to her and they made out after He gave her that necklace, but on Boys over Flower, you have the perfect Domyouji/jun Pyo and you made him Sneeze right Before he was going to Kiss Jan Di???? LMH freaking nail his character, so.... as a huge HanaDan Fans, LMH did the best Domyouji out of the 4. And i became his fans even tho i don't like the SK adaptation of the story. 

They also wrote Jan Di a little bit to awkward. It doesn't help with the chemistry when Ji Hu seems to be the savior all the time. the ruin so many of their supposed to be romantic moments. One of the big one is the When Jun Pyo rescued jandi and got beaten up so bad. It was so anti climactic. The original Story, before makino/JD was kidnapped she told Domyouji/JP to leave her alone, but He was so in love he told her that he will always pursue her no matter where she goes and will never let her go. So that Rescue moments was even better because Here is this guy who is rejected by this girl and he choose to save her. But On BBF, they made Jun pyo beat the guy and he was mad at Jan Di and he didn't even confess his love for her after she told him he needs to let her go...sigh.... i have list of problem, but i did watch that show 2 times back to back, because i love watching him being Gu Jun Pyo. Although, i am not gonna lie, i soooo wanna rewrite the adaptation and pair LMH with Inoue Mao (japanese Makino, my favorite), the whole time watching it.

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Again, why is TKEM's performance on WAVVE not even mentioned or factored at all?  Why is SK media insisting on hyping on the terrestrial rating alone when you have the SK online streaming  Wavve that ran simultaneously with the former?  TKEM was #1 in Wavve for its whole run PLUS the week AFTER it finished its airing.  I dunno what its ranking in the last 2 weeks but with 15m subscribers, Wavve performance speak volumes. Then you also have Netflix SK where TKEM was also #1.

So I do not really understand the agenda of SK media downplaying TKEM's success. I am getting mad again.

Chingu.... I too still doesn't Understand why they forgot about Wavve. It supposed to be their counter to Netflix and it's own by the Three Public TV Station. It's Frustrating isn't?? Lets hug!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

45 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

By the way, I think director of CH, LOTBS is free and not directing other drama. Maybe he will work with LMH for his next project. @CarolynH

i had the same wish as you but unfortnately he is working on a new drama. i dont think that they have casted anyone yet but still i dont think that LMH will be in it cause its talking about admiral lee sun shin which well be likely played by an older actor and just so you know its going to be aired on SBS HAHAHA

but who knows fingers crossed. LMH has aready played a general and he can do it once again and nail it

• Like 5

I am gonna add more.. immediately! 

@scrawford @SophieH @1ouise @msdot @gwin @yuiy78 @Edgar Pordwed @vangsweetie637 @Guine @madmad min @Flloy House @Geolyvseven @Kris Silva @Layali @Myhun @CallieP @lupeace @rubyminho @Lindyloo421 I may have missed on alot of you but rest assured you will be added after I have added this patch

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Welcome @Joojix to the LMH thread.  I love LMH's portray of GJP.  And to think he was 21(?); just amazing.  Initially, I wasn't eager to see it when I heard it was about high schoolers.  But, GJP has an undeniable charm:kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

What is LMH's sister's responsibility in MYM? i heard she is CEO. But if she screens the offers, was she trained to do so? I am curious to know, because I think handling offers should be quite a challenging job. Imagine all the offers with different genre and character description. I thought maybe his Noona sorts the offers by the reputation of Writer and Director of that project first.

I suppose you can say she has some experience.  I thought I read, probably in the early pages of this thread, that his sister was also an actor; so she would have prior knowledge.  His team of lawyers must handle the negotiations.  I've read comments that he spends (or spent) too much time on CFs.  Well, he's the only one bringing in the money to people what is most likely a pretty large staff, so it's necessary part of his job.  If he belonged to a big agency, it might be a different story.  Even with Starhaus, he was the moneymaker.  Just like GJP, LMH is responsible for many.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @Joojix to the LMH thread.  I love LMH's portray of GJP.  And to think he was 21(?); just amazing.  Initially, I wasn't eager to see it when I heard it was about high schoolers.  But, GJP has an undeniable charm:kiss_wink:

I suppose you can say she has some experience.  I thought I read, probably in the early pages of this thread, that his sister was also an actor; so she would have prior knowledge.  His team of lawyers must handle the negotiations.  I've read comments that he spends (or spent) too much time on CFs.  Well, he's the only one bringing in the money to people what is most likely a pretty large staff, so it's necessary part of his job.  If he belonged to a big agency, it might be a different story.  Even with Starhaus, he was the moneymaker.  Just like GJP, LMH is responsible for many.

Good points!! He is the breadwinner of MYM! :wub:  Our boy should work hard for all and has so many responsibilities and staff like GJP :wub: I like it so much that he has Noona! I think it is very pleasant to have siblings when you are a celebrity. it is hard to trust people and it is good for actors to have good friends too like LMH's F-4, which is LOVEEE

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Ok... things are getting mysterious.. Where is LMH and what is he doing? :joy:  

he was being active on IG consistently. but he suddenly stopped updating.. It has been days since his last update...

Is this the calm before the storm?  (the storm metaphor as news) LOL :joy:

He is either staying at home and chilling or I am reading too much in his absence lol  :joy:

Is he planning something or preparing something? Maybe he is showered with offers and reading them? dunno!!  I just miss him! Hope minoz spots him somewhere in SK and fill us in. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

If somehow, the writer and Original cast is willing to expand TKEM, the only thing that might work would be a prequel, where they can explore LG and JY budding friendship and took more time to flesh out LG as character, Jo Young's background and show the Love story in the very first Loop, how they met originally.... but even then, I don't know how it will be received. Or spin off focusing Royal Guard Jo Young like Agent Shield. But that means no LMH and KGE.

That what I keep saying; that a prequel would work.  But almost none of the original cast would be involved.  I was one who wanted to learn more about LG and YL growing up.

4 hours ago, lupeace said:

i had the same wish as you but unfortnately he is working on a new drama. i dont think that they have casted anyone yet but still i dont think that LMH will be in it cause its talking about admiral lee sun shin which well be likely played by an older actor and just so you know its going to be aired on SBS HAHAHA

You're correct.  I think it's supposed to be out the end of the year.    The actor from Forest of Secrets, who I do like (but not of course the way I like LMH), is the male lead. 

I leave y'all with this to start the weekend.  @Nikaa94 is this what you were looking for a while ago?

cr: as tagged

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@CarolynH  Thanks for the video..

Woww! LMH looks so good with any hair color. This hair color looks lighter than any of his hair color before. Funny they keep their original names in this short drama.  This is something that fans would love for their OTP. right? Imagine LMH and KGE in something like this and calling each other's names. :heart3:

LMH is jealous here too. Why is he so cute when he bickers with his co-stars??  By the way, LMH and Yoona look good together. Great chemistry even though this is a short drama. 

Wait...... What if LMH goes blond for his next drama?? :joy:  blond and perm? 

@Heretorant  A dark Tsundere character with blond permed hair??:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

24 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Ok... things are getting mysterious.. Where is LMH and what is he doing? :joy:  

he was being active on IG consistently. but he suddenly stopped updating.. It has been days since his last update...

Is this the calm before the storm?  (the storm metaphor as news) LOL :joy:

He is either staying at home and chilling or I am reading too much in his absence lol  :joy:

Is he planning something or preparing something? Maybe he is showered with offers and reading them? dunno!!  I just miss him! Hope minoz spots him somewhere in SK and fill us in. 

OR he’s just at home playing games lol. :lol:

If only I was into league of legends and good enough where I’ll actually get to play against him. *sigh* Nothing is in my favor :lol:

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

@Heretorant  A dark Tsundere character with blond permed hair??:joy:

Ok, let’s put that on my list of things I never want to see him do! :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Chingu, TKEM topping Wavve for consecutive weeks is included in the article you quoted. It is actually one of the few SK articles, if not the only article, which mentioned about TKEM's performance on Wavve and Netflix in the same paragraph. Netflix and Wavve are rivals, so it is rather rare to see these two mentioned in an SK article. There are weekly articles on TKEM topping Wavve, but it seems that it is not widely picked up by other news sites. That is why I posted this article - it talked about Wavve, Netflix, and the international success of TKEM. 

Probably because of cultural and other differences, we may never understand why SK is so caught up on the rather dated terrestrial ratings, or why they are too focused on pulling down TKEM. But it doesn't change the fact that we, the international audience, continue to love and appreciate TKEM. This international success which persists even after its airing is unprecedented, and it's high time that the SK entertainment industry review its metrics on measuring the success of the drama they themselves produced.    

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5