[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

I think the first time around at the rowing competition Luna was trying to escape the guys following her, and the rabbit outfit piqued LG's interest

The 2nd time around at the horse training grounds must have been intentional, but I have no idea why she'd do that

And how would she have even gotten onto the palace grounds in the first place?!  It also seems highly bizarre because it was very blatantly shot where we can see at least a dozen royal guards and she doesn’t um...look all that sneaky.  Or healthy enough to sprint the way she did.

great, now I’m convinced LG is hallucinating.  Or on drugs.  Drank too much of whatever @vangsweetie637 is chugging.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

9 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

@CatWhiskers Sin Jae's mom in KOC (Who is working for Lee lim) steals JTE's ID (which lady Noh had kept) and leaves it in the book (eosu bookstore ) for Lee lim

Oh my... I miss that part? Eh!!!!?? 

*headache* This is what happens when one is deprived on ONE SINGULAR episode yesterday and survive on rewatching in the span of maybe 30 hours? 

9 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

And how would she have even gotten onto the palace grounds in the first place?!  It also seems highly bizarre because it was very blatantly shot where we can see at least a dozen royal guards and she doesn’t um...look all that sneaky.  Or healthy enough to sprint the way she did.

great, now I’m convinced LG is hallucinating.  Or on drugs.  Drank too much of whatever @vangsweetie637 is chugging.

Maybe Luna is also involve in resetting the timeline. 

She was told to lead LG to the bamboo forest. Hmmm... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

OK, you too. Join @Heretorant over the deep end. It's the King's order, I am told.

ps:  If @Heretorant is Sec Mo, you are probably JY in disguise as ES in disguise, HA!

The way you emphasize it and The way that mostly Heretorant EXACT wishes appear on Screen makes me believe as well that she is Sec Mo in disguise and knows what is about to happen LOL.:joy:

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

DO IT! DO IT! 

Disclaimer: this chant has nothing to do with lmh and kge, in case you’re wondering @mychoiyoung :lol:

@blobbityblobbityblob nothing is more fun than understanding absolutely nothing and yelling at the screen. I honestly don’t think it ruins the experience but I would hold off on commenting if you’re confused until you watch it with subs. I’m guilty of blaming the show for this and that and then realizing all my questions are answered once I watch with subs lol. 

34 minutes ago, mamabear said:

I have been doing this since episode 8, and for me, No, the suspense and excitement's still there. It makes you frustrated and want the subbed version even more to understand what they are talking about. It's just me though coz I couldn't help myself from being away from this forum or other SNS so I tend to see spoilers along the way. That's why I just watch the livestream and wait for Netflix to upload the English sub after 15 min. :joy:

The BEST PART is I also am doing a live stream and update past 2-3 Times, within a slight boring scene when someone clears the Dialog, it's a relief then BACK TO deciphering What exactly its going on. Visually its great these days since Episode 11, that my dialog guesses have improved. !!! Wowza

11 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Hi,

I need an answer from you, the experts.

In episode 12, there's a sex bed scene ? :sweatingbullets:

IMPLIED FADE TO BACK!! Yes!!! The scene was Sensually done wherein LG just completely engulfs and pushes JTE on bed for a Reason!! :D (The best one YET in K-dramas without any ABB SHOW )

8 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay I’m watching episode 1 again and we have another mystery.  The rabbit costumed person that somehow made it to the palace - LG chases after them and that’s how he found the portal.  As he crosses, TE sees a glimpse of Luna in her mirror, which we know now is because the gateway opens and you can see your parallel self.  Luna is in the rabbit sweatshirt.  So within minutes (ish) of LG chasing a rabbit outfit person, TE sees Luna wearing that exact outfit. 

So how and why did Luna run around the horse training grounds?

Oh god my JTE time remnant theory is banging around in my head and I just WANT TO SLEEP!

WAIT!!!! We know thanks to our eyes and @bebebisous33 Clarification that Whenever Portal Opens , A person sees its Doppleganger in a Mirror reflection not as a PIC but with what is happening with the Doppleganger at the moment or Has sensory reactions similar to them. Eg : PM Koo catches her Doppelganger cheering and drinking in a Stadium on her LAPTOP. and JY-ES have HOt / Cold Tea Reflex reaction.

JTE catches LUNA staring and sitting somewhere , she sees her Sitting on her backseat !! Whereas Rabbit Wearing Person was Running at that time.That means LUNA was running, by the Time Portal Gate ROK was crossed and LG reached there LUNA sat still somewhere and JTE saw THAT Reflection right. It does not happen instantly otherwise LUNA would have seen her running. Portal Opening and PORTAL Crossing are different. Thunder Strikes happen WHEN YOU entirely CROSS not just merely stay inside the passage or Open a Gate so does MIRROR Reflection Appearance.

And from what I can recall LG chased after Rabbit in the daytime and Reached ROK at Evening/Night also LR left KOC at Night and reached ROK in the morning, QM by @SweetButterscomes at play the Time in ROK and KOC is different as Time in between portal is added but when you come out its either Less or More. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I rewatched Episode 1 again a week ago and it was clear to me that the ID was not intentionally dropped.  The savior didn't even notice that young LG had taken it.   So this is inconsistent with the theory that the savior is leaving clues to young LG for him to find future JTE.  If that were so, he'd purposely leave the ID there, but he didn't.

That scene and the interrogation scene are the two scenes which confound me the most when trying to figure out what is happening.  I still can't understand the hows and whys behind those two scenes.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, gwin said:

Kissing scene in a bed, yes.   What happened after is left to our imagination. :joy:

Let's resume the writer tricks:

Kiss + fast food chiken resto = no sex.

Kiss + night garden = no sex.

Kiss + on the floor next to a bed = no sex.

Kiss + on the bed = SEX!!!!!!

The king will get a heir. Well, the work is done for that.

It's why he quickly marry the heroine in the church. (hidden thing too, ah ah ah, naughty ones).

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

38 minutes ago, gwin said:
28 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Hi,

I need an answer from you, the experts.

In episode 12, there's a sex bed scene ?

It was implied. Interesting that they did the deed after visiting the church.

I rewatched Episode 1 again a week ago and it was clear to me that the ID was not intentionally dropped.  The savior didn't even notice that young LG had taken it.   So this is inconsistent with the theory that the savior is leaving clues to young LG for him to find future JTE.  If that were so, he'd purposely leave the ID there, but he didn't

@gwin Yes, it was clearly shown that Young LG reached out  & the ID was the thing that he got.  The savior didn't drop it intentionally.

It also does not mean that Young LG intentionally reached out for the ID.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

You shouldnt take the theories serious haha. Just roll with it. 

There were some meme's that got me confused somehow tho strange right that memes can confuse me. I thought that convo took place at the dinner table when she first crossed over to his world then saw later a meme with them taking a walk in that beautiful scenery scene where they attached that convo as text on that scene. I was like wait what? Did i mix things up

Normally i just skip through long comments, coz there is just soooo many to go through:huh::crazy: i iust got bk from work, and have what 15-20 pages of new comments? 

I read bits and pieces of comments, miss out many, except the latest ones, whichever lastest page im in... haaa... tonight is the night people :D

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay I’m watching episode 1 again and we have another mystery.  The rabbit costumed person that somehow made it to the palace - LG chases after them and that’s how he found the portal.  As he crosses, TE sees a glimpse of Luna in her mirror, which we know now is because the gateway opens and you can see your parallel self.  Luna is in the rabbit sweatshirt.  So within minutes (ish) of LG chasing a rabbit outfit person, TE sees Luna wearing that exact outfit. 

So how and why did Luna run around the horse training grounds?

Oh god my JTE time remnant theory is banging around in my head and I just WANT TO SLEEP!

So when I was rewatching episode 1, I focused a lot on the face of the second bunny. It looked like a mans face to me but the body doesn't seem like a mans. We have to remember at that time Luna was caught and arrested which is why no one could find her on the streets. So her being in the Kings horse training grounds is impossible. It's someone else and like the random kid wearing the bunny outfit as well said it was a class outfit (episode 2)? Which is so odd? But sure. 

nuvrjrW.png 4YuUB6J.png

In terms of physique and looks, to me I thought it may be Shim Hyung Sa [Homicide detective on JTEs team] or Choi Nam Jin (Ep1,4 & 6) [The dude who beat up KSJ in ROK and whos doppelganger went rowing with LG in KOC] BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE SO ITS WHATEVER 

ANOTHER THING I WANT TO POINT OUT IS THAT IN THAT SCENE, there are so many CCTVs present, but none of them captured the bunny? None of the guards saw the bunny's face? Someone's in on this cause how does the bunny just magically disappear? Only a handful of people knew that LG chased a person wearing a bunny's costume that day, the people at the rowing competition, JY, LR, LG, Seung Ah, Luna, the gangsters and possibly some Royal Guards. 

Edited by MairaA
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 11

@gwin I saw the video about time travelling that you posted. It was very informative :D

My thoughts:

1. Self-consistency: I think (/hope) it is not based on this theory because for some reason  I think it is difficult to understand . May be it is only me who finds it difficult:sweatingbullets:

2. Time dilation: It doesn't serve our purpose since in TKEM  we want to change past i.e young LG to be saved

3. Back to the future type: this one is easier to understand BUT the only thing is the writer has to show how did LG survive in the first place, for him to grow up ,go back and change his future. Either they could show LG died but someone else decided to go and change the past or else he somehow survived on his own . @Elnin Joery clearly explained the timelines.

Now the question arises why his father is not saved but that can be easily explained by magical flute . It was broken after he died. Time travel machine=flute . If KES intends to write that only the events after the flute is broken can be changed because the flute in the first place should never be broken. 

P.S: since they already confirmed that LG is the saviour (which almost of us were on consensus from the start) , I still put my bet on 2 savior theory with sin jae being the 2nd one . Otherwise I don't see why we were shown so much of his character, back story, scenes showing his relationship with TE and her father, his mother's gambling story , his conversation with psychiatrist. If they just wanted to show us that Lee lim switched him bcoz of his mother, then could have just shown that. Why build up so much? Aside from our OTP, he is the next person to be given so much weightage as a character. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

38 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

But why would he, in the original sequence, stand up and leave and it seems like young LG grabbing the ID was an accident not intended by the saviour?

Cc @CatWhiskers

So this is my take based on the latest trailer:

I think LG will most probably need to do two things at the same time as in save his young self and JTE, which is why he doesnt look around after checking the little child is alive and then (as in the trailer) makes a run for JTE who I think has already been shot or harmed with a sword within the time freeze.

And JTE has to be fatally injured is a given else what would motivate LG to do something as drastic as reset time or whatever time business that is happening.

Closing the doors is not ideal for the romance but not reason enough for him to go back in time :)

*Edited

@Dramanoona -- other online sites get the subbed version within 2 hours of broadcast. Netflix in my region doesnt have it, so am dependent upon these sites. Can share names via DM if you want :)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh my... I miss that part? Eh!!!!?? 

*headache* This is what happens when one is deprived on ONE SINGULAR episode yesterday and survive on rewatching in the span of maybe 30 hours? 

Maybe Luna is also involve in resetting the timeline. 

She was told to lead LG to the bamboo forest. Hmmm... 

HoHo...Like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, madmad min said:

And from what I can recall LG chased after Rabbit in the daytime and Reached ROK at Evening/Night also LR left KOC at Night and reached ROK in the morning, QM by @SweetButterscomes at play the Time in ROK and KOC is different as Time in between portal is added but when you come out its either Less or More. 

@madmad minthanks !!! A little small thing I should have mentioned in the post was that I was explaining general relativity which is different from qm because gr is on macro scale vs qm which is more sub atomic scale. I meant to add another post connecting qm and gr, but I am still too lazy to haha. Basically JTE and LG’s love transcends time, space, and dimensions!!:heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@Dramafreak Thank you for the offer!

I am only one hour behind KST. But once I wait for the raw to appear and then subs (!), it's too late for me and I need to head off to bed.

Nowadays the subs come out pretty quickly so I am able to watch it as soon as I wake up. LOL.

• Like 3

So I'm tired and won't be staying up for live-stream, maybe next week! 

Also, I've got some new notes after rewatching episode 2. Will post later. See ya'll again long after episode 13 airs! LOL I will be ordering chicken before I watch hehehe I'm so excited!!! 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b9a41fd797e5ddde24

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I want to ask about the different time of KOC and ROK? 

Lee Rim cross the gate first time at night and arrived at morning on ep 1

Lee Gon cross the gate first time at around afternoon and arrived at night on ep 1

Lee Gon and Tae eul cross the gate first time at night and arrive at night too on ep 4.

So,what is that??? 

And.. 

On ep 10..

Lee Gon have 12 days before the new year and he and Maximus run in "space of 0&1 place" and end in bamboo forest in ROK and hug Tae Eul and back to KOC again,  and it's already 2 days before the new year,  so he is in the " space of 0&1 place" about 4 hours. Maybe after that he just cross the gate to comeback to KOC, so he doesn't late. 

Hmm..  So..  He is run until the end of that place right?  And end up in ROK? 

Am I right? 

So, they will take much more time to go to other world if they run long way the "space of 0&1 place" until the end.. 

But will just take a bit time if they use the gate?? 

Ah..  Eottoke..  This drama is really hard to understand but so interesting and I really love everything about this drama:D

And about live streaming or wait for sub? 

From ep 1 until maybe the end..  I always watch as fast as I can,  with or without sub HAHA I can't help my self to wait until morning to watch it, I'm so curious HAHA 

Can't wait to watch the next episode :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1